[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix Pokemon story mode?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_mfpxglzjKd1rxldc4o1_500.png (315KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfpxglzjKd1rxldc4o1_500.png
315KB, 500x299px
How do we fix Pokemon story mode?
>>
Just don't make any story like XY again
>>
>>28595967
Add a genocide plot and a war.
>>
>>28596017
>>28595995
Two completely opposite opinions.
>>
>>28596017
Basically XY
>>
I just want a more believable world and it seems to me that in most cases the "storyline" takes away from that.
>>
>>28595967
Let Telltale games make it.
>>
Just make worthwile NPC on cities like Zelda and add Job Headquarters like Police, Hikers, Medic, Rangers, Firefighters, Farmers, Detective and Scientist guilds
>>
>>28596148
Then its just a simulator
>>
Game with actual character development and meaningful climaxes.
>>
>>28595967
Just don't make it bland and unbelievable like the first two gens. I mean you have monsters, literal monsters, at your beck and call and you act like a normal gang?
>>
>>28596201
what's wrong with that?
>>
>>28596237
Then it's boring.
>>
Bring back Team Rocket
>>
>>28595967
Increase difficulty
Add a story, not just fetching badges and a villain at the end
>>
>>28596310

#MAKEKANTOGREATAGAIN
>>
>>28595967
Just don't make it bland and unbelievable like the gen III and IV. I mean, why don't the police do their job if any old gang can easily change the landscape of the world by capturing some powerful legendary pokemon? It pisses me off that only some 10 year old bothers to defeat these guys.
>>
>>28596350
Gen I, II and III had some backstory.
Gen I: DNA and manipulating Pokemon
Gen II: Myhtical Japan
Gen III: Mythical Sinnoh

I don't want an XY 2 tho. Those cutscenes were terrible
>>
>>28596400
Just watch police in Pokemon Generations, they are a joke
>>
>>28596400
>Just don't make it bland and unbelievable like the gen III and IV
Anon for the pokemon world gen 3 was probably the most believable along with 5 and 6 albeit to an extent.

I think you've confused believable with realistic.
>>
File: PlR4rSO.jpg (27KB, 493x720px) Image search: [Google]
PlR4rSO.jpg
27KB, 493x720px
>>28596298

Not him, but do most people really find the stories in the series not-boring? Save for BW1 (maybe) the storylines are the worst parts of each respective game for me. Completely takes me out of the experience.

Of course I'd love it if they would actually put some effort into making better characters.
>>
>>28596148
I loved the autumn/fall setting of Johto. Those comfy sunsets and nights still get me boners
>>
>>28596454
>Not him, but do most people really find the stories in the series not-boring?
It's something that gives the game more substance than the simple "hey you have a dex now so the challenge and become champ" in other words it's a slight flavor to the game. Personally gens 5 and 6 did it the best seeing as their characters had some personality to them that set them apart from the usual.
>>
>>28596475
>I loved the autumn/fall setting of Johto.
That only happened in one area.
And it's onky in the remake.
>>
>>28595967

Make a much larger world. Don't just have a one route-one landmark-next town formula. Let there be more caves/forests to explore. Instead of one little area to explore when getting to a town, have there be 4-5 things opened up with either tough trainers, exotic Pokemon, or actual story happening. XY did a story in the bare bones world GF makes, and it was very underwhelming. To be fair, it was their first dive into 3D so of course they weren't going to make it huge.

They tried really hard with the Delta Episode, but zipping back to Rustboro every time felt tedious. And Zinnia's "quirky, exuberant, mysterious" personality really didn't translate well. Maybe get competent writers/ someone at the top to admit they shouldn't be controlling the story as much as they were.

I'm excited to see what they can do in S/M. Breaking out of the restrictive 8 gym formula gives them a lot more ideas to play with.
>>
>>28596186
This. I hate playing games.
>>
>>28596453
>gen 3 was probably the most believable
You should replay them. ORAS is not RSE.
>>
>>28596549
shhh, the johtotoddler has his nostalgia goggles on
>>
>>28596647
Take your own advice as well as mine. This isn't the real world we're talking about. It's pokemon.
>>
>>28596453
>Anon for the pokemon world gen 3 was probably the most believable
what drug did you use?
>>
Make a Battle Royale with pokemons.
>>
>>28596453
All you need to succeed now is the right pokemon. Why the fuck pokemon even have a local government? There is no need for human companionship in the Pokemon world. Fuck, Lysandre was right.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.