[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rock doesn't resist rock Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: squad.png (428KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
squad.png
428KB, 1000x600px
>Rock doesn't resist rock

Why?
>>
You ever tried throwing a rock at a rock?
>>
>>28595003

You ever try punching a rock?
>>
File: rin.jpg (39KB, 628x369px) Image search: [Google]
rin.jpg
39KB, 628x369px
Why does Water resist Ice?
>>
Small rick breaks big rock Ed boys.
>>
>>28595022
I'm a normal type

There are plenty of videos of trained martial artists breaking concrete
>>
File: 1460228777862.gif (210KB, 280x199px) Image search: [Google]
1460228777862.gif
210KB, 280x199px
>>28594895
>Water resists ice
>Ice doesn't resist water
>>
>>28595026
Have you ever thrown a piece of ice and turned on the sink? Ice cannot handle, ice melt to water, it become water, back into the fold, circle of life (or in this case, inorganic phase change)
>>
>>28595092
This
>>
>>28595092
ice melts when you pour water on it
>>
>>28594895
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN6BmbiPm-A
Here's is some information on the subject
>>
>>28595137

Then shouldn't Ice be weak to Water?
>>
>>28595026
Water has a natural inclination to resist temperature change, both hot and cold. The oceans of the world help keep a moderate temperature for the planet to be livable.
>>
Diamonds can only be scratched by other diamonds.
>>
>>28595146
I chalk this up to them wanting ice to have a semblance of a shot (remember this was pre steel at the time)
>>
>>28595137
That's temperature, not because it's water
>>
>>28595146
Ice melts in water, but slowly, hence normal damage. If you throw ice in fire it will melt almost instantly, hence super-effective damage.
>>
>>28595182
>Scald
>>
>>28595189
Ice should be super effective against fire if it instantly turns into water
>>
File: hi.png (2MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
hi.png
2MB, 1174x881px
>>28595225
I guess if it was standing ontop of the pokemon as it was being flamethrowered then that would make sense but most fire pokemon attack at a distance as most are special attackers.
>>
>>28595307
I wonder if certain fire Pokemon don't mind water when it's not being used as an attack. Wild fire types must need to drink water and possibly bathe in it, right? There are some exceptions like the Charmander line protecting their tails from going out, but Origins showed a Charizard totally submerged and his tail was okay.
>>
>>28595417
Well, I have pretty liquidy cum and that's never bothered Flaré (My Flareon waifu)
>>
>>28595071
You are aware 99% of those are fake, and use concrete slabs designed to break away, right?
>>
File: Rockruff.png (134KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Rockruff.png
134KB, 500x500px
>>28595140
>Rockrolf
>>
>>28595221
Scald should be SE against Ice
>>
>>28595417
Well we did saw in the anime a Ninetales and Houndoom swimming, so yeah the only damage they could receive from water is if its a pokemon move.
>>
>>28595148
>water
>resist temperature changes
>autist

Go back to school yah retard. Why do you think we use water to heat\cool things down? Water doesn't "resist" temperature changes, water loves to conduct heat!
>>
>>28596868
>Why do you think we use water to heat\cool things down?
because it literallly resits temperature changes so it can hold its own temperature long enough to heat/cool things down and not just give it off to the air right away. it takes a lot of energy to get water to change it's energy due to its high specific heat capacity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_capacity

why do you think tempertature is more stable over the year the closer you are to an ocean?
>>
>>28595417
Charmander's tail goes out when it dies, not the other way around.
>>
>>28594895
Silly Ed bit. Only rock can break rock.
>>
>>28596868
>Water doesn't "resist" temperature changes, water loves to conduct heat!

what the fuck
>>
>>28597100

Oh, that's what you mean by "resist temperature changes"! Maybe there's still hope for you.

Next can you explain to me why is water Convective Heat Transfer coefficient so high?

What about water average value of thermal conductivity? Should it not be higher for a substance that "resists" temperature changes that much?

Please anon, i want to understand.
>>
>>28595003
Yes, it bounces off and does nothing
>>
Wait, really ?
It tought it did...
>>
>rock doesn't restist itself or electic
>ice doesn't resist water and flying
>fairies are not weak to psychic

pls fix gamefreak
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>28596868
>Go back to school yah retard

You should take your own advice as I got it from my Biology textbook.
>>
>>28599658

Yeah, it must be some kind of language barrier or something.

How can something that "readily absorbs and releases heat" can resist it? Is it good at transferring heat and energy or not? I think its clear that water is actually good at transferring energy... I mean, its not a metal or something, but for what we want it, its perfect! Water is able to absorb and transmit huge amounts of energy!
>>
>>28599858
I'm not 100% sure of the details, but maybe since it so readily exchanges energy and heat, the rate of exchange keeps a balanced temperature. When there's more energy than the rate at which it can give off heat, it's temperature changes such as freezing and boiling.

Don't quote me on that though.
>>
>>28599858
Water readily absorbs and releases heat. Water takes heat from something and immediately releases it to something else.
Water resists change to its own temperature. Since water gives away the heat it collects so fast, it itself doesn't warm up fast.

>>28600021
You've got the right details
>>
>>28598154
You have clearly never played with rocks as a kid.
>>
>>28595513
They are not fake you whitu pìgu, we asians really stronk.
>>
>>28595071
what is fighting type?
>>
>>28600234
*huwaito pīgu
>>
>>28595098
That's just because ice cubes are barely under 0ºC and sink water is about 20ºC. Try throwing a really cold ice to colder water and it freezes.
>>
>>28600159
>You've got the right details
Okay cool. I'd be lying if I said I didn't immediately apply this info to Pokemon when I first read about it.
>>
>>28598228
Why would fairy be weak to psychic?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.