[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gengar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

How can one pokemon be so based?

Would be become even more based if he lost the poison typing so that there isn't a 2x psychic weakness?
>>
>>28591190
>Removing his STAB on anti-fairy moves
>>
Annoying little shit, fuck him
>>
>>28591190
Poison type pretty much costs nothing if you have levitate you dum-dum, especially when you have a 110 speed BS and a STAB that hits psychic for super effective.
>>
>>28591190
Gengar didn't need a mega evolution. Perish Song + Arena Trap is fucking retarded. I can deal with it in most cases but it's still just dumb.
>>
>>28592319
he's one of the most popular guys of course he got one
>>
Poison type officially become a boon for it when Fairy arrived. It likely wont fall from OU in gen 7.
>>
File: tumblr_ndedw9Wx4V1s8ouhxo3_400.gif (556KB, 395x229px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndedw9Wx4V1s8ouhxo3_400.gif
556KB, 395x229px
>>28592319
I really love Mega Gengar, I think it's one of the greatest mega designs. But Gengar didn't really need any help. Too many Pokémon who desperately needed a buff were passed up in favor of Ubers like Garchomp. It really calls Gamefreak's motives into question for creating Megas in the first place.
>>
>>28592443
>Garchomp
>Uber
Haven't been around since Gen 4, anon?
>>
>>28592467
I didn't realize he's OU now. I just don't keep up with smogon.
>>
>>28592443
the funny thing is Mega-Garchomp is useless compared to a Garchomp that can hold other items. My opinion on megas is that its a decent idea but like many other things in the series Game Freak needs some time to iron it out.
>>
>>28591190
Poison type makes him Alakazam's rival. The are both weak to each other's attacks, third stages that evolve through trade.
>>
>>28591190
Literally who gives a fuck about psychic weakness? Gen 1 is over, psychic type is irrelevant.
>>
>>28593151
this, there are only like 2 relevant non-uber psychics
gengar really grinds my gears because I have two normal types in my lineup usually
>>
>>28593151
cuz like 50% of all pokemon can learn the psychic move
>>
>>28593301
But which ones actually do? Psychic offers bad coverage, it's rarely seen in competitive.
If strong psychic pokemon like Alakazam and Latios hit Gengar with a stab move they would kill him anyway, supereffective or not.
>>
>>28593151
>psychic types are now the worst type in the game
NERF KNOCK OFF TO MAKE IT LIKE IT WAS BEFORE YOU FUCKS
>>
>>28592443
>It really calls Gamefreak's motives into question for creating Megas in the first place.
To spark consumer interest in the hope of increasing sales?
>>
>>28591190
Gengar's just been really lucky, and it's surprisingly versatile despite what its stats tell about it. I guess that's why it's managed to stay in OU in every generation
>>
File: 1471917715058.gif (326KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1471917715058.gif
326KB, 500x375px
he's dat boi
>>
>>28591190
got that based shit eating grin
got that based BST
got an indirect buff when poison attacks became relevant with the introduction of fairies and the removal of steel's resistances to ghost
got that great movepool
got prestige as the OG ghost evolutionary line and still kicking it as a top tier pick six generations later

gengar was blessed with the good shit in gen 1, and was lucky enough to escape any major nerfs over the course of the years (possibly because the nigga so fast)
>>
>>28596154
Are there any other pokemon as based as Gengar?
>>
I never liked Gengar ever since I was a kid for one albeit dumb reason: What the fuck was Gengar even supposed to be?
>>
>>28596489
he's a little demon/imp thing. a night terror.
>>
>>28592443
Gamefreak dont use smogon tiers
>>
File: the motherfucking gengar.jpg (466KB, 761x1745px) Image search: [Google]
the motherfucking gengar.jpg
466KB, 761x1745px
How can other pokemon even compete.
>>
>>28596434
Starmie?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.