[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come gen 5 has no ribbons to obtain whatsoever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: slowbro.png (78KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
slowbro.png
78KB, 500x264px
How come gen 5 has no ribbons to obtain whatsoever?
>>
>>28585323
they got rid of contests that the last 2 gens had. what's really impressive is that when you transfer a ribboned mon from Gen 3 all the way to ORAS, it will still have all of its ribbons
>>
>>28585336
But contests aren't the only source of ribbons. Both games before and after gen 5 at the very least have champion ribbons for beating the league.
>>
>>28585323
Weirdly enough 9 new ribbons were added in Gen V, all for event Pokémon.

>>28585336
>they got rid of contests that the last 2 gens had.
And even without them you can get ribbons in Kalos.
>>
>>28585323

It really bugs me that there isn't a ribbon for beating the Elite Four at least. You get one for beating the league in R/S/E, FR/LG, D/P/P, X/Y and OR/AS. B/W/B2/W2/HG/SS all don't have them for some reason.
>>
>>28587041
Your entire party gets the Legend Ribbon when you beat Red in HGSS. It's not the Elite Four, but it's something.
>>
>>28585323
because gen 5 is shit
>>
>>28588206
Pretty much this. Gen 5 removed the source for basically every ribbon, and didn't add respective ribbons for basic shit that would normally get it like beating the E4. The menu itself was practically hidden unless you transferred a Pokémon, and still shit even there. Even Kalos was sensible enough to unfuck this.

Unovafags will probably defend it though.
>>
File: 1474078615058.png (519KB, 847x477px) Image search: [Google]
1474078615058.png
519KB, 847x477px
>>28588206
>>
>>28588261
Yes, having no ribbons for the entirety of HGSS then finally getting one after beating the fucking last trainer in the game and having the credits thrown at you redeemed ribbons being in HGSS at all
>>
>>28585336
>when you transfer a ribboned mon from Gen 3 all the way to ORAS, it will still have all of its ribbons
Eh, not quite. Some ribbons have been removed, sadly.
>>
>>28588421
Any besides the contest and Battle Tower ribbons that get condensed into one ribbon?
>>
>>28588491
Those daily ribbons you could gain in Platinum.
>>
>>28588421
Expect not? The only Ribbons that are "removed" in Gen VI are replaced with the Contest/Battle Memory Ribbons. Unless you were referring to the event/tournament Ribbons from Gen III/IV that were removed in Gen V, anyway. But who honestly gives a shit about those? Practically no one could obtain those, and I can almost guarantee the people who did get them didn't care about Ribbon autism.
>>28588547
Those still exist and are obtainable in Gen VI, retard.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.