[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deepest lore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMAG0505.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0505.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
Deepest lore?
>>
>>28583866
Deloris?
>>
File: DEEPEST LORE.jpg (180KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
DEEPEST LORE.jpg
180KB, 800x557px
>>28583866
D E E P E S T
>>
Where is that?
It's fake, right?
>>
>>28585493
pretty sure it's legit

and this >>28584013 is ancient card packaging — indicating Alolan Exeggutor AKA ORIGINAL DRAGONFRUIT has been planned for some time
>>
>>28583866
Just a palmtree

>>28584013
Just something neat. Not planned for some time, they just went back for ideas.
>>
>>28585544
>indicating Alolan Exeggutor AKA ORIGINAL DRAGONFRUIT has been planned for some time
>Alolan exeggutor has been planned since the 90s
you don't actually believe that, do you?
I can believe it has been planned since ORAS came out, and i can believe they might've taken inspiration from that old TCG picture
But to think they planned it for over 15 years?
Come on! If that was true, they would've done it years ago!
>>
>>28586550

I heard Alolan Exegg is actually closer to the original concept for the Pokemon, but they shrunk him down to make it work as a sprite.

So this is their first real opportunity to revisit that idea.
>>
>>28587197
That could be, though i think they could've made the neck longer, even in sprites if they really wanted back then
but your guess is just as good as mine, seeing as there's literally no word from the creators, or beta artwork of exeg to reveal anything, just a single drawing that could easily just be artistic licence (which there was a fair bit of in Gen1, mind)

But even if it is a scrapped idea they came back to, that's not at all the same as to say they've been planning it since gen1
They could've done variations in gen6, and probably even 4 and 5 if they had "planned it" that long ago
>>
Leepest dore?
>>
>>28589097
As has been posted in numerous threads, dex entries dating back forever have said Exeggutor is supposed to be taller in sunny climates. That combined with the pic from the TCG makes me think they have had the idea for a massive verison of it for a long time. Maybe they only came up with the idea for alternate typings later, but just like how Arbok has different patterns on its stomach in each generation GF has probably been holding on to the idea of regional variants for a while.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160917-165439.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160917-165439.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>28589179
EVEN LEEPER DORE
>>
>>28589191
>makes me think they have had the idea for a massive verison of it for a long time
maybe, but if so, i think it was as you said, a scrapped idea they brought back

>Maybe they only came up with the idea for alternate typings later
Dude, they've done alternate typings in the TCG for some time, and anyone that's played only one pokemon game has thought about alternate typings, so i doubt it's fresh in their mind

>GF has probably been holding on to the idea of regional variants for a while.
Maybe you're right,but right now, there's very little to go on, and given that they could've done variations before now, and haven't, makes me think this was not planned

>>28589179
That's the opposite of deepest lore, as it shows a fat exeggutor in a tropical climate
>>
>>28586550
>>28585544
My theory is that GF originally designed Exeggutor to look like Alolan exeguttor, but due to the limitation of sprites size on the GBC, they had to shortened his neck. So they kinda kept the idea somewhere to use it when the sprites (Or the models) would allow to represent Exeggutor properly
>>
>>28589994
>So they kinda kept the idea somewhere to use it when the sprites (Or the models) would allow to represent Exeggutor properly
Yes, i get that, but it could've definitely have been done in Gen6
>>
>>28589677
>Implying it's not an imported exeggutor
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.