[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TIL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: archeops.jpg (43KB, 231x320px) Image search: [Google]
archeops.jpg
43KB, 231x320px
The only pokemon with higher BSTs than archeops are legendaries, psuedoes, megas, and slaking
>>
Well he is the best bird, too bad he has that awful ability
>>
>>28583676
if it had a good ability then it wouldn't have gone extinct
>>
>>28583684
This made me chuckle.
>>
>>28583563
Archeops is only SLIGHTLY stronger than Arcanine, yet Arcanine doesn't have a shit ability that renders it completely useless. GG GF.
>>
>>28583676
Archeopteryx is not bird, nor is it the direct ancestor to birds
>>
File: 1471239355593.gif (189KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1471239355593.gif
189KB, 500x380px
>>28583676
>>
File: sigh.jpg (17KB, 320x289px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
17KB, 320x289px
>>28583684
I hate that that made me grin.

I'll still love you Archeops. You were the first fossil I actually really liked. I wound up liking Aerodactyl later, but it's not the same.

Fuck Defeatist.
>>
too bad it was made trash by its horrid bulk being compounded by defeatist and lack of good priority
>>
>>28583684
kek
>>
>>28583769
It's a transition species right?
>>
>>28584072
No such thing because its impossible to identify that.
We just know it looks similar to what the transition species would have been. Possibly.
Most likely scenario is that Archeopteryx is merely a cousin to the "transition" and was just another feathered dinosaur with no legacy.
>>
>>28583684
Well that certainly explains why Fossilmons in general are shit.
>>
>>28583563
All that attack is useless when your movepool is such a huge piece of garbage.
If I wanted to spam Stone Edge and EQ in competitive nothing is stopping me from using Landorus-T anyway, which is stronger, has actual bulk and a good ability.
>>
>>28585869

>U-turn, Heat Wave, Aqua Tail, Earth Power, Knock Off, Outrage, Zen Headbutt, Head Smash, Brave Bird, Focus Blast, Return

Bruh Archeops learns decent offensive moves for 11 out of 18 types. How you gonna tell me his movepool is bad? It just gets relegated to primarily using Stone Edge and EQ because those moves have extremely good coverage on their own.

If only he had Rock Head.
>>
>>28585992
>If only it had rock head.
I'd be happy with an ability that does nothing whatsoever in battle like run away.
>>
>>28586060
Run Away should make you impossible to trap, like you can still switch out of Mean Look, Infestation, or Arena Trap. I think that would be a cool niche for it.
>>
>>28585837
Kabutops singlehandedly makes up for all of that with how much shit it wrecks in the rain.
>>
>>28586145
so i guess a severe prolonged drought happened sometime in the past
>>
>>28583764
I love this "defeatist makes Archeops shit" meme
>>
Let's say it gets Sheer Force or something in a later installment. How good does it become?
>>
>>28586145
Well, Kabuto is stated to still be alive in modern day, for good reason.

Wonder how people go about their daily lives, knowing that Kabutops can naturally exist in this modern day and age.
>>
File: 4k kek.jpg (411KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
4k kek.jpg
411KB, 3840x2160px
>>28583684
best kek in ages
>>
>>28586251
Sheer Force wouldn't affect him much actually, aside from Rock Slide and, uh, Crunch, all the good moves that he learns and benefit from the ability are special(Earth Power, Focus Blast, Heat Wave)
>>
>>28583684
>>28586291
Wasn't that funny
>>
>>28583676
Even with a good ability it still dies to bullet punch
>>
>>28586251
>Sheer Force STAB Stone Edge off 140 base Attack and a Life Orb boost
No survivors
>>
>>28586380
Stone Edge isn't boosted by Sheer Force. It's a common mistake to believe high crit ratio is an effect accounted by the ability.
>>
>>28583563
what does TIL mean?
>>
>>28586437
today i learned
>>
>>28586320
He can still benefit from Sheer Force Life Orb combo though.

Even if your movepool sucks too hard for Sheer Force, like Kingler, Life Orb exists.
>>
>>28585992
>Heat Wave
No damage due to low sp.atk and low accuracy.
>Aqua Tail
No accuracy. Archeops can't pull it off because it can't take a hit.
>Earth Power
No sp. atk.
>Outrage
>Zen Headbutt
>Return
Fucking 10/10 moves
>Brave Bird
You wish.
>Focus Blast
Am I being baited? Do you seriously think that a movepool of special low accuracy moves is good?
>>
>>28586209
True, Defeatist, its shit movepool, its shit bulk and its mediocre speed tier make it bad.
It would be at least decent with a different ability though.
>>
>>28586365
Good thing you can switch.
>>
>>28587277
you're not supposed to have those. at most they are part of its auxiliary options it can use within NU and RU to stave off whatever 1 or 2 checks you select to take on. most of what that anon listed WILL work against the designated target.
>>
>>28587277
Archeops has base 112 SpA which is fair, and has access to Endeavor and Taunt as well, making it a slower Aerodactyl lead with access to Endeavor and Head Smash if you need to nuke something.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.