[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /playingthroughthemagain/ here? God what amazing games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

who /playingthroughthemagain/ here? God what amazing games
>>
>>28579984
Nice sarcasm.
>>
without exp share its really boring
>>
File: 1473261257339.png (9KB, 250x40px) Image search: [Google]
1473261257339.png
9KB, 250x40px
>>28579984
Shit games, couldn't force myself to replay them the last time I tried
>>
>>28580079
Good thing your mom has it.
>>
>>28579984
After the pinnacle that was B2W2's Pokedex, I actually don't like HGSS as much as the first time I played them.

Don't get me wrong they're great games, but I like replaying games where I can have varied teams rather than using the same, albeit amazing, but monotonous mons. Almost felt like D/P level of variety.

I understand this is still my fault though, so good games. Not as good as B2W2.
>>
I'm replaying W2 and SS basically at the same time currently, however everytime I think of picking up SS to play more I remember how much grinding I'll have to do eventually. I'm tempted to start up a new file of Pokemon Black too.
>>
>>28579984
I enjoyed them the first time but I can't replay the games anymore, I am going to play Sacred Gold soon tho
>>
>>28580070
>>28580099
Unova babies just stop. This is coming from someone with 500 hours on white 2.

The HGSS post game is way better.

Pokeathlon is more fun than the movie studio.

Battle frontier is better than the world tournament.

Basically HGSS has BW2 beat in everything except level curve and early game distribution.

>muh barren kanto

Was largely fixed.
>>
>>28579984
These games are alright, but they don't deserve the amount of praise they get when Emerald and B2/W2 are better.
>>
>>28580127
>>28580173
Which is why every time we've had a poll on here, hgss comes out on top.

The vocal minority unovabortions cannot handle this though.
>>
>>28580173
Nothing wrong with getting the bronze medal out of 6 generation of games
>>
>>28579984
Legitimately the only games I can't even play through again. I get excited at first, but then I remember the bad levels, the bad Pokemon selection, and just how SLOW it all is. I could be doing something more fun, so I always drop it for a different game once it really starts to get boring.
>>
>>28580199
>implying /vp/ is a majority of the Pokémon fandom
You are correct that Gen 5 fans are part of the minority though.
>>
>>28580235
>slow

Nigger what.
Slowness was foxed in platinum and hgss.
>>
>>28580273
fixed* hurr
>>
Playing through the game with Croconaw, Golem, Heracross, Honchkrow (traded a Murkrow + dusk stone from my soul silver), Exeggutor, and Arcanine. Feelsgoodman
>>
>>28579984
All of the Gen 2 starters are garbage. There's a reason why they don't have Megas.
>>
File: 1473964501611.png (30KB, 353x296px) Image search: [Google]
1473964501611.png
30KB, 353x296px
>>28579984
Yeah, I am about to beat Ariana and take back the Hideout in Mahogany. Having a blast

>>28580070
>>28580079
>>28580099
(You)

>>28580171
>>28580199
(You)

>>28580173
>Emerald
Nope
>>
>>28580243
Dude. I just saw a Nintendo Life poll where the too 2 games in the franchise were HeartGold followed by SoulSilver

I'm beginning to think that its a more popular opinion than people think
>>
>>28579984
I can see the good potential but Johto is such a fucking awful region and the mons there are molten dogshit. Kanto part is pretty fun though.
>>
>>28580273
Only surfing speed. Gen IV as a whole was terrible in terms of battle pacing.
>>
>>28580442
That's because it's the normalfag opinion
>>
>>28579984
the pokemon distribution and the level curve are garbage stop shilling these shit games
>>
>>28580528
This. How many of those votes were purely for "muh two regions!!!" or "muh hype Red fight!!!!"

It's like when Undertale won that best games poll. Idiots vote of games purely for that one hype moment at the end, and not for the actual game quality.
>>
>>28580199
Show me that poll or should we start one?
>>
>>28580596
archive it
>>
>>28580528
are we calling correct, reasonable people normalfags now? HGSS are the most polished pokemon games and you know it, deep down.
>>
>>28580199
>>28580243
I love both HGSS and BW/BW2, they're all amazing games. I think BW2 edges out HGSS in being the best game in the series, but it's a close match.
>>
>>28579984
i replayed heartgold, hated the remixes, thought they could go for a nicer composition BUT they decided to take from DPPt's font
also, they recycled the same shit from DPPt, cmon now
haven't touched postgame yet, the main story is awful compared to kanto's 0 PP in rocket grunt infested silph co, the distribution of pokemon is nice

i don't think i'm fit for playing kid's games anymore
>>
>>28580171
I'd rather play HGSS again just for the Pokeathlon. You got that. Also the post game is one of the best ones I had seen in all the Pokémon games untill now.
But reaching the League and defeating it is just much of a struggle to go through, I mean those fuckers are between lv. 40-50 and it's so freaking hard to get to that level training with wild Pokémon around lv. 25.
Also, I'm kind of disappointed of how randomly Lugia/Ho-Oh were "introduced" in the main story, it's like "hey you are strong, take this feather and catch that giant bird for the lulz"
>>
>>28580674
I don't dislike HGSS. In fact I love those games. But which game you think is best is completely subjective.
>>
what kind of level curve you want senpai
>>
>>28580773
Less of a curve, more of a strait line.
>>
>>28580577
truth

take out the red fight and this game has a lot less going for it
>>
>>28580542
this combined with the cancerously slow Gen IV engine make them completely inferior to Crystal
>MUH FOLLOWING POGIES
leave
>>
>>28580821
Following Pokémon is shit compared to Pokémon Amie anyways.
>>
>all these wrong opinions

Nobody's mentioned the actual best game, Platinum
>>
>>28580577
Exactly how many voters you can imagine to dismiss the opinion with no evidence
>>
>>28580484
>Johto not top tier region

>>28580542
Both of these are wrong though. This isn't GSC
>>
What do you guys do to spice things up a bit in these games? Starting a new game is always fun but after a while it just kind of feels like a grind to get through everything.
>>
>>28580389
Lmao triggered, unovabortion?
>>
>>28580173
>Emerald is better

hardly.

what kind of fag even says that?
also, can I just say that Brendan's design is absolutely ugly? like black, red and green on one outfit? looks stupidly edgy and disgusting.

on top of that, I take Team Rocket over Team Knock-off any day.
>>
>>28580484
>Johto is such a fucking awful region

dude, have you EVER seen Sinnoh?
that's a shit region if I've ever seen one.
>>
>>28579984
I'm playing through Crystal again, having a good time.
46 hours in, 214 caught, 241 seen. Used Teddiursa/Ursaring, Scyther/Pinsir, and Smoochum/Jynx as my team, levels 67/65/66 respectively upon beating Red. Gen ii will be my last gen needed to living dex before I've got a living dex in every gen.
>>
>>28582128
Scizor not Pinsir
>>
>>28579984
Worst games in the franchise aside from DPPt tbqh. Butchered GSC and added nothing valuable.
>>
File: whattodonow.png (8KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
whattodonow.png
8KB, 256x384px
ya guys dont seems to like pokemon at all, just fight each other because they dont have diferent taste
I just beat the gen4 battle frontier in HG, maybe i try the PWT in W2 later, i need a rest
>>
>>28582056

You think Emerald is a bad game, and that Bredan's design is edgy.

Holy fuck you're retarded. Like I don't even think Emerald is on the HG/SS and B2/W2 level, but you're just plain retarded.
>>
>>28582168
truly fucking idiot

>greatly expanded post game
>has a ton of shit to do, more than bw2
>has all of crystals features and then morr
>>
>>28582353
also dat customizable safari
>>
>>28582352
>You think Emerald is a bad game

I never said it was bad. in fact, I'm playing it now.

but saying it's better than HG/SS is what's retarded. precisely because it has way less features and worse narrative.

so don't even try to insult me, you fucking muppet.
>>
I never felt right about Platinum's Frontier suddenly being literally right there in Johto with the same Frontier Brains and everything. How the fuck does that even work. We're supposed to understand that the two games happen relatively close together given the report about the Red Gyarados on TV.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.