[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK Character.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 3

File: average girl.jpg (6KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
average girl.jpg
6KB, 280x180px
How can we fix Zinnia /vp/. How should her character have been written, for someone who was supposed to be important to the plot, she was either underwhelming or just annoying,
>>
>>28579061
Remove her entirely. Retroactively delete her entire existence from all Pokemon games, promotional material, etc. She does not need to exist in any way, shape, or form.
>>
>>28579647
That would be the preferred course of action, but life is about silver medals.

I'd say the first thing that'd need to be done is to either have her actually explain what's going on all the times she didn't and/or remove her smug attitude, given we know how she was ultimately wrong already.
>>
>>28579061
Have her admit that she was wrong and try to apologize and return what she stole

Have her Grow like at all
>>
>>28579061
Nothing aside from making her have a smidge of remorse and apologizing to the player once all is said and done for being so brash.
Outside of that everything can be the same because that's her character.

Oh and add an arc post DE where you and her expose Devon.
>>
>>28580704
Expose for what?
>>
>>28580739
Using infinity energy.

Even though it's bullshit people the Pokemon turned to statues when it happened in Xand Y, yet they've been doing it for a long time and it's not actually infinity!

Gen 6 was a mistake
>>
>>28579061
Make her not an idiot who doesn't understand how wormholes work.

Make her not a monkey. Like seriously, what the fuck was that.

Make her not almost end the entire god damn world. Seriously, Neither Magma nor Aqua got nearly as close as she did, and she wasn't even trying.

Make her shut up for five minutes and explain the situation instead of moving unilaterally while demeaning everyone else.
>>
>>28580768
Oh yeah. That was weird. So devon corp. is like killing off hundreds of pokemon?
>>
>>28580768
You do realise the "infinity" part refers to the versatility of it right?
>>
Portray her more like a dumb kid with too heavy of a responsibily placed on her like it seems they wanted to portray her as at times

Make her actually seem remorseful about her immature or dumb decisions or mistakes realizing that the Lorekeeper she was supposed to be wouldn't do things like that

Have her actually genuinely say sorry for all the bullshit at the end before she leaves on her own journey
>>
Nothing. She was great.
>>
>>28580812
Yeah, but there was no direct way of refering to this. It's just implied and a retarded name.
>>
>>28580840
>but there was no direct way of refering to this
Why does it have to be direct?
That said they said it powers the entire region so what more do you need?
>>
>>28580739
How do people even bitch about this character if that don't even know why she was totally against Steven and the devon or what her motivation was for fucking with them was or anything.
She wasnt belligerent just because. There is a fucking reason she sabotaged and trash talked them.
>>
>>28580859
That could imply one small source is supplying everything

That's literally infinity
>>
>>28580840
The name is meant to be euphemistic. Devon can't call it what it actually is. It's a lot nicer to call Pokemon life force something more PR friendly like infinite energy.
>>
>>28580878
>That could imply one small source is supplying everything
How do you even come to that conclusion when there's no such implication?
The fact that the cannon had to be refueled in X and Y and that Mr. Stone's grandfather had to develop infinity energy instead of taking it from Kalos should have told you otherwise.
>>
>>28580862
Because they're faggots. They don't care that the character is well defined and written consistently. She's not muh perfect innocent waifu so she's shit.
>>
File: 1447797530291.gif (735KB, 245x170px) Image search: [Google]
1447797530291.gif
735KB, 245x170px
>>28580806
Zinnia is clearly some kind of interdimensional hopper, perhaps even a time traveller.
>ever expecting a motor mouth to shut up when the world is on the brink of collapse
>ever expecting a time traveller not to act, dress and speak like an idiot
>>
>>28580862
It's a combination of the memes surrounding it, people mashing through the text and not exploring areas for lore.
>>
>>28580924
See >>28580859

It powers the entire region. And it's called infinity energy. What can't you understand about how I got to my conclusion
>>
>>28579061
Remove the alternate universe horseshit that she says in ORAS. Can't believe GF went the lazy half-ass route of "We can't really explain it without having to actually write lore so let's just say it was another timeline and let it be that". Fucking worthless faggots just had to make a huge Gordian knot. Want to know why that guy who you're having a battle with online has a Groudon and you have one too? BECAUSE HE CAME FROM THE ALTERNATE UNIVERSE XDDD DUHH
>>
>>28580928
She literally mocks literally everyone, breaks into people's homes and is implied to have actually directly hurt your rival Brendan/May.

She's literally a bully only fighting those weaker than her (Evil boss and Rival) takes stuff when people aren't defending themselves (admin/wally).

Yet she never tried to take your Key stone or Steven's when actively telling mocking him for being the "former champ"

She also calls everyone else's plan shit and doesn't even tell anyone her plan before she destroys the one back up plan.

She's an awful person
>>
>>28581003
Uh anon, that's been a thing since about gen 2.
Remember the time capsule?
>>
>>28579061
Kill her off.

Make her have to sacrifice herself to stop Deoxys/Ultra Beasts/Team Aether from destroying the world. Emma shows up and takes care of Aster.
>>
>>28580862
Because that character does nothing to try and explain her viewpoints or what she knows and acts high and mighty about it despite that she is not portrayed as a villain and the game clearly wants you to feel bad for her

Even N, portrayed as a villain, tries to articulate his viewpoints

Also in ORAS awakening Groudon/Kyogre is her idea she pitches to the Magma/Aqua boss because she wants to awaken Rayquaza which undermines the Team's actions and is pretty much an excuse to make her fit into the main story when she would've been better off just being involved with Delta Episode
>>
>>28581022
*inspite of calling Steven weak she never fights him too

And never apologized for what she does ever or even try to reedeem anything she's done and literally has you return the thing she stole.

All because you might send a meteor into another demension that's literally exactly the same as this one without megas.

Also she somehow informed Maxie/Archie where the legendaries are and almost destroyed the world but being the sole cause of awakening the beast, and Fug would have never stopped them.
>>
>>28580890
But it's factually not infinite. It's retarded
>>
>>28581072
Yes Time Capsule = sending things back in time, not an entire parallel dimension
>>
>>28579061
Have her explain her actions as she was doing them instead of being a vague bitch. Just ran around stealing everyone's shit with no context. That was my only big issue.
>>
>>28581140
Again, it refers to its use.
Which could also be called infinite because it's an extremely versatile power source that can be used to power anything.
>>
>>28581157
>Yes Time Capsule = sending things back in time, not an entire parallel dimension
You do realise how alternate universes come to be in the pokemon universe right?
>>
>>28581165
I love how you're fighting the tiniest shit about the delta episode, whereas everyone else destroying Zinnia's character
>>
>>28581194
Does it look like I care about Zinnia?
Also infinity energy is a big part of DE anyway especially when it comes to Zinnia seeing as that's why she's opposed to the worm hole plan in the first place.
>>
>>28581022
>>28581109
ie: She's not your perfect bland waifu
>>
>>28581191
yes please tell me your awesome fanfiction
>>
>>28581252
Are you seriously going to call everything you don't like fan fiction?
>>
>>28579061
You can't.

She is an archetypal representation of the average 21st century girl.

>Delusional
>Irrational
>Rude
>Annoying
>Aggressive
>Stubborn
>Hyperactive
>Entitled
>Pseudo-intellectual
>Daddy issues
>>
>>28581263
Anything people disagree with when it comes to vidya or animu is instantly fanfic. It was pretty bad in the Zelda general on /vg/, pretty bad on the DBSuper threads on /a/, the KH threads on /v/, etc.
>>
>>28581315
So, she isn't your waifu is basically what you're getting at?
>>
Anyone got the image of Zinnia getting wrecked by Fug?
>>
>>28581089
You can't criticize the character if you don't understand what their motivations were. If you actually know what her reason for everything she does and still hate her then my post wasn't directed towards you.
>>
>>28581319
>pretty bad on the DBSuper threads on /a/
It's hilariously bad there especially when there's a new episode.
>>
File: Pookmans got real.png (377KB, 491x631px) Image search: [Google]
Pookmans got real.png
377KB, 491x631px
>>28581341
>>
Steven: Can you at least explain what it is you're exactly trying to accomplish? Are you TRYING to get us all killed?!
Zinnia: Okay, Mr. Former champion. You really wanna know, fine. I'll tell you. I'm gonna go and Mega evolve an ancient and mythical dragon by the name of Rayqayza and have him ram his face into the meteorite. And your way won't work because you'll just teleport it to an alternate universe where Rayqayza can't Mega evolve, dooming that universe's inhabitants.
Steven: ...
Matt/Courtney:...
Cozmo: ...I'm calling the loony bin.
Zinnia: See, this is why I was needlessly cryptic.
>>
>>28581377
Nice flesh wound.
>>
>>28581374
Man the other day two anons were arguing over timelines, and one arguing form a perspective that Cell's timeline came first even and created Goku's and that everyone else was wrong because we based all the timelines on what we saw and what was stated.

It was like a 2-3 hour argument of two anons getting autistic and a couple other anons being like "No that other anon is right" and just yelling fanfic at each other basically. It was funny in a way, but also incredibly stupid considering you can just look all that stuff up and how it actually flows as a timeline in a matter of seconds on google.
>>
>>28581377
Make this canon. There, I fixed Zinnia.
>>
>>28581380
That isn't the only reason she was opposed to the plan with the rocket. I really wish the gamr just spoonfed you the relevant information instead of having to go sea Mauville and retain the information themselves because apparently that's asking too much for adults to connect the dots.
>>
>>28581421
She survives.
>>
>>28581380
>And your way won't work because you'll just teleport it to an alternate universe where Rayqayza can't Mega evolve, dooming that universe's inhabitants.
You know she wasn't being literal about that, right?
She was using the other Hoenn as an example of a world without the resources to send the meteor away. Basically what she was trying to say is that moving the meteor away doesn't solve the problem of the meteor, it'll just go on to terrorize someone else.
>>
>>28581022
>>28581109
Zinnia is always right.
>>
>>28581447
JUST
>>
>>28581377
>Impaled on the end of Fug's tail.
>Blood drips onto her Salamence's face
>Hyper-beamed into oblivion
>Survives

How does it feel that one of the most hated characters in the franchise's history has more plot armor than Black?
>>
>>28581543
Hate is the sincerest form of jealousy. They're just mad they aren't a cute tan short hair girl with some titties, legs, hips, ass, and dragons.
>>
>>28581543
It feels good, you have no idea how much joy it gives me to see the irrational hate of the little people.
>>
>>28581580
>wanting to be a girl
Sad!
>>
>>28581580
tfw your signature Pokemon in gamecan't be mega mence
Just fuck my shit up why don't you
>>
>>28581603
Go to sleep trump
>>
>>28581619
kek
>>
She could at least have a heart felt apology to steven/wally/may and the scientists for being such a massive fucking cunt

Maybe having rayquaza reject her could have really opened her eyes

It wouldnt make her a good character but it would at least make ger somewhat fucking tolerable

Also her edgy as fuck in battle pose is just pathetic, what the fuck was that garbage gamefreak
>>
>>28581649
Nah, the scientists are too much. The reason she doesn't work with them is because she finds infinity energy to be abhorrent.

>Maybe having rayquaza reject her could have really opened her eyes
Technically it didn't reject her. Ray answers her calls but didn't have enough power to mega evolve and then you just kind of take over when it eats the meteorite.
I mean, she says it picked you but Ray doesn't really look like Ray had a say.
>>
>>28581741
Zinnia finds anything that isnt her way abhorrent
>>
>>28581948
Yeah but infinity energy is literally abhorrent because it's created from Pokemon life force.
>>
>>28581948
We know literally one situation with her and that one situation actually genuinely was a big moral issue.
>>
Zinnia likely lost her little sister due to some type of shenanigans which is why she is the way she is. I imagine it was due to someone else's idea (which hers would have worked) and now its kind of fried her brain that her plans are great and everyone else's aren't because it just gets people killed.
>>
>>28582101
You dont become a mental retard because you lost a sibling at a young age
>>
>>28582118
Have you seen the world of Pokemon? lil niggas think their rattatas are top percentage, niggas killing gods left and right, niggas trying to convert me to comfy and easy to wear shorts.

A lot of people in the Pokemon world are mentally retarded without having a death on their side.
>>
/vp/ doesn't like Zinnia because she can't be controlled, she's wild and untameable which clashes with their beta personalities. /vp/ are all reifags, they don't want someone with backbone that can stand on their own.
>>
>>28582101
If I remember right, Aster was the last Lorekeeper who died in some horrible way and it's because he did that she became Lorekeeper even though she's like twelve to fourteen.

Telling a middle school girl the fate of the world is in her hands is probably a really shitty decision.
>>
I'll never understand the irrational Zinnia hatred. I can understand disliking her or finding her annoying, but people come up with some really retarded excuses for bashing the Delta Episode.
>>
>>28582218
I like Rei but it's because of the fantasy of seeing a docile or reserved character be a slut.
>>
>>28582237
I don't hate her, but I think her portrayal in Delta Episode was pretty shit and could've been a lot better, especially since I really liked the main story in ORAS, the characterization during it, and the optional lore stuff. I feel like they wanted the player to sympathize with her some, but the game never really does anything to explain why she's the type of person she is or some of the immature or illogical actions she takes. The best explanation is >>28582222 but we only found out about that after the fact in interviews.

Which is ironic because apparently Zinnia was the one character and part of the game overall that the new Scenario Director was the most specific about the portrayal of.
>>
>>28582321
>but the game never really does anything to explain why she's the type of person she is or some of the immature or illogical actions she takes.
It does, it's just a little more subtle wit things like the origins of infinity energy, pushing the problems of the meteor away so it could terrorize someone else and what not.
>>
>>28582321
The game doesn't really "explain" it right there in the Delta episode itself, but it's pretty clear why she should want to stop what Devon was doing to try and deal with the meteor given the information outside of it explaining what infinite energy is and why it could be considered morally wrong in universe for them to go through with their plan. They wanted the player to sympathize with her because she was correct to want to stop them, but that doesn't mean that she had to be a "good" character actions-wise to do that.
>>
>>28580862
I never got the sense that Devon Corp was just killing Pokemon for their Infinity Energy. I got the idea that they were obtaining it in a manner that, while still not pleasant, was non-lethal and ethical enough to be the best solution to a world ending crisis.
>>
>>28582377
Except there's also dumb shit like

>I have two ways to try and summon Rayquaza to stop the meteor
>gather five Key Stones and present them in a ritual which will definitely call Rayquaza
>or I could awaken an ancient legendary Pokemon which could very well end the world on its own, even without Primal Energy, and may not even call Rayquaza
>let's go with the plan that will possibly end the world first

It's not just stopping the Link Cable plan because it would use Infinite Energy. And there is nothing in the game itself to prove her multiverse talk is true, we as the player know it may be, but the characters in the story itself have zero proof presented to them.
>>
>>28582480
I'm pretty sure the sea mauville and zinnia's general disdain as of delta episode is meant to imply that something unethical is still going on. I don't think they'd have made her so vehemently opposed to it otherwise. It kind of ruins the point. I know you'd like to think of her as an incompetent bitch but I think it's the safer guess that they wrote her as hateful of the Devon Corp for a reason.
>>
>>28582511
This is the fault of having to insert a previously unexisting subplot into the previous existing plot. Some stuff is just not gonna make sense. I guess you could then make the argument that they shouldn't have done it but I presume someone thought the delta episode was worth the inconsistency. For all we know it may be setting up something in SM for example, like how maybe UB are from some alternate dimension.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.