[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there ever be a good Pokémon anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (51KB, 599x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51KB, 599x338px
Will there ever be a good Pokémon anime?
>>
>>28568301
I means, there's OG and Yokai Watch
>>
>>28568301
It was called Chronicles
>>
>>28568301
By some manchild's over-the-top standards of a show aimed for children being compared to other serious anime? No, never.
>>
>>28568319
Nintendo has literally nothing to do with the Pokemon anime.
>>
>>28568301
It was. Original Series, Advanced Generation, Diamond and Pearl. Also XY is more than good, it's great.

I believe that after "Sun & Moon" we'll get good anime again, like after "Best Wishes"
>>
>>28568540
I think the concept of "good" was lost on you somewhere.
>>
>>28568301
no. better watch Yu-Gi-Oh.
>>
>anime without Ash and Pikachu comes out
>all new protag
>not a faggot like Ash
>more mature trials and themes
>actually fun to watch
>>
There already is, it's called Digimon
>>
>>28569267
And you guys would STILL hate it.
>>
>>28568301
No. Your standards are too high.
>>
>>28568714
There's no such thing as objectively good anon.
Your reactions tell more about you than they do whatever you're reacting to.
>>
>implying chinese cartoons will ever be good
>>
>>28569267
>Show that makes child watch it on TV
>Show that makes neckbeard pirate it to watch it on their PC
Gee, I wonder which one is more profitable
>>28569267
Plus this, people are already shitting on the 2nd episode of Generation even though they were trying to be serious and mature with the whole swatting shit. And the XY final was really on a serious note but again : everybody here love to hate things
>>
>>28569348
I think this sums up why there's so many retards and shit-eaters on /vp/ that'll defend even the worst of this franchise, many of you don't even understand or believe in anything being objectively good.
I'm not sure why people like you even bother coming into discussion if you think everything can just be justified with
>opinions
You have absolutely nothing of value to say and contribute nothing to discussion. You might be better off in youtube's comments section or serebiiforums.
>>
anime in general is shit let alone Pokemon anime
>>
>>28569392
>you don't even understand or believe in anything being objectively good.
because it doesn't exist
>>
>>28569312
this

digimon tamers is what pokemon will never have the guts to be
>>
>>28569368
>Gee, I wonder which one is more profitable
While i definitely agree with you, let me play devil's advocate here.

The generations that arguably give the most of a shit about pokemon (Speaking for the west at least) are the ones who grew up with it. People who are teens/ young adults/ neckbearded manchildren right now. The GO explosion is proof of that. For a show to grow with it's audience instead of sticking to one demographic and just hopping from generation to generation is far from non-profitable.

Fucking trash like Steven Universe is successful, meaning the market for more mature themes in a children's show definitely still exists. Shows like Avatar: TLA and Wakfu is also a great example for this. If you want to look at Japan specifically, Tamers exists. Not to mention there's no fucking doubt shows aimed for younger audiences over there at least have more grown up themes than you could get away with here.
Kids like more intelligent shows that are willing to set aside the "power of friendship" theme every single episode
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.