[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could retcon a couple of things out of existence, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 5

File: 1472880010906.png (611KB, 1092x1248px) Image search: [Google]
1472880010906.png
611KB, 1092x1248px
If you could retcon a couple of things out of existence, what would you retcon?

I would do the following.

>Being able to hatch baby Pokemon without needing a parent to hold incense

>Putting all evolutionary families together in the Pokedex regardless of what Gen they were introduced in.

>I'd turn Nidoran into one Pokemon with Gender differences.

>ORAS. I'd just retcon the entire game.
>>
>>28567839
I never understood exactly why this was a thing. Was it a technical limitation with the way they coded shit or what?
>>
I agree with your first 3 points but the only game that you could maybe say deserves to be retconned out of existance is maaaaaaaaaybe Yellow version.

Plus ORAS gave us some great megas.

Also it's generally agreed that HGSS was pretty bad.
>>
>>28567884
Aside from the level curve what about them is bad.
>>
>>28567869
Incense = sex drug
>>
I would retcon Delta Episode with a Delta Episode not involving Zinnia and I would retcon ORAS not having the Battle Frontier or Emerald style "if two trainers see you at once it's a double battle" with ORAS having the Battle Frontier and having Emerald style "if two trainers see you at once it's a double battle" among other idealizations to the game.

Also I would make it so either baby Pokemon can breed or you can only get any of them with a proper hold item.
>>
>>28567901
Eh fair enough I guess

But really some of these points are kinda stupid
Did anyone actually like voltorb flip? Really?

Overall I enjoyed ORAS more than HGSS but that's just my personal experience
>>
>>28567839
Pokewalker
Pokeathlon
Those tedious mechanics in HGSS' safari zone
Remove weekly events and make them all daily

Gen 4 contests
Spiritomb is now a regular capture in gen 4
Catching unown no longer increases the capture rate of Hippopotas and it's a lot more common by default
Retcon gods to regular legendaries like the rest.

Improve Hoenn's distribution and throwing in some gen 2 pokemon in regular play.

Add more shit to do in Kalos in general
>>
>>28567839
Oras has more minigames than HGSS, but okay, pal.

>>I'd turn Nidoran into one Pokemon with Gender differences.

They have different stats and movepools. Good luck with that
>>
>>28567970
>Did anyone actually like voltorb flip? Really?
I liked voltorb flip. A regular game corner would have been cool. but it was a nice alternative.
>>
>>28567839
>dump the fairy type as a whole
>introduce primal type for any extinct pkm, including all fossil pkm with a jurassic park like storyline
>dump mega evolution in favor of more cross gen evos
>tweak the types so that bug isn't complete shit and steel not op
>more fucking ghosts
>less objectmon in general
>>
>>28567986
What is Meowstic.
>>
>>28567901
They didn't fix a bunch of gen2 mons only showing up post-e4
No way to get Leafeon, Glaceon, Magnezone, Probopass without trading to sinnoh
No reliable evolutionary stones without doing the shitty minigame things
Other Sinnoh evos are just inaccessible pre-e4, like Weavile, Togekiss, Gliscor, PorygonZ, Honchkrow, Mismagius
>>
>>28567974
>Catching unown no longer increases the capture rate of Hippopotas and it's a lot more common by default
that's a thing?
>>
>>28567970
Some people did. Personally, it's bullshit. Especially since you can't just buy coins.

Should've contracted a third party to remake Pinball RS for 3DS and stick it in the Game Corner.
>>
>>28568049
You know the nugget guy's cave outside veilstone? That's the only place you can catch them and every new unown you catch he digs further in. The deeper he goes the higher the rate.
>>
>>28568013
>>dump the fairy type as a whole
For what purpose?
>>dump mega evolution in favor of more cross gen evos

YEAH LETS CRIPPLE A DOZEN POKEMON AGAIN!

kys, beeyotch.
>>
>>28568041
Those Sinnoh Pokemon are locked behind Postagame in DP also
>>
>>28567839
>>Putting all evolutionary families together in the Pokedex regardless of what Gen they were introduced in.
Adding/changing something isn't retconning it out of existence.

As for me, I would retcon all games except for the original Red and Green just to spit all the idiots like you who cry "Wah wah, stop liking things I don't like" and thing other people shouldn't be allowed to have differences of opinion.

And to follow suit, I would retcon out both Nidorans just to spit you.
>>
>>28567869
It was like a new evolution method being needed to evolve a Pokemon from a previous gen. To explain why Marril wasn't able to birth Azuril in GSC
>>
>>28568160
>kys, beeyotch

Clearly a ruse?
>>
>>28567986
>Meowstic exists: same pokemon with different abilities/movepools by gender is possible
That alone tells us retconning nidoran into a single pokemon is possible. Stats can also vary between forms, I know they can do that, even if they're too lazy for it most of the time.
>>
>>28567884
I have literally never heard of anyone not liking hgss.
>>
>>28567869
No, it's because those Pokemon could already breed and produce offspring before, so they need an excuse to give them baby forms while keeping the previous breeding consistent.

It's stupid if you ask me, just retcon that shit.
>>
>>28567884
>Also it's generally agreed that HGSS was pretty bad.

Fuck off. No one even asked that before this sumemr
>>
>>28568070
Hell they could have just ported Pinball RS into the game directly like DK64 did with the original Donkey Kong and Jetpac, that would have been pretty cool.
>>
>>28568211
You need to leave /vp/.
I bet you think ORAS sold poorly too.
>>
>>28568013
Way to go to "improve" everything.
>>
>>28568041
>that's how it was intended
>complete bullshit
I am completely fine with this, they made them more open
>debatable, Joho region is short

Asides from this and level curve they're pretty great games
>>
>>28568211
It's the worst remake and one of the worst games in the franchise, rivaled only by DP and Platinum. It added nothing but gimmicks to the game it was meant to remake, lacked basic features and was unforgivably slow. Almost every remix was inferior to the original. Most damningly, it failed to address the many glaring issues with the original release, destroying the point of having a remake in the first place.

HGSS is not only a bad remake but a bad game.
>>
>>28568247
>>you needed to get off /vp/ if you don't like ORAS
>when people have payed money for a banner calling ORAS shit

No anon, you do
>>
>>28568049
He means encounter rate. It's catch rate is the same.
>>
>>28568181
>no argument

gg ez
>>
>>28568211
Not him, I don't really like it because it upsets my autistic nostalgia for Crystal with several aesthetic and story changes. Any localized script not lifted from the original GSC tends to be really stiff, too. It's not bad though, I just don't like parts of it.

I don't really like ORAS either, though. If they just spent maybe five more months on it and Masuda wasn't breathing down the whole team's necks, it likely would've been far better and the only problems left would probably be Delta Episode and Zinnia being retarded. Or low difficulty if that's an issue for you, I personally don't care. But there's some flashes of what could be a great game there, and it's clear they rushed it out, probably to get started on SM for the 20th anniversary.
>>
>>28567986
>They have different stats and movepools. Good luck with that
Alolan forms
>>
>>28568327
Not big on the whole reading thing are you. I mean who said anything about liking ORAS?
In any case there's a hell of a lot of people who call HGSS bad outside of /vp/. Here however there seems to be a small hugbox that refuses to move on when it comes to them.
>>
Why can't they hardcode Nidoqueen breeding to produce Nidoran? It annoys the fuck out of me.
>>
>>28568302
>This delusion
Lmao did Gen 4 molest you as a child? Wew lad simmer down.
>>
HGSS
>Remove following Pokémon, so people will never bitch because they didn't kept it in later games

BW
>On Dragonspire Tower you have triple fights against Team Plasma grunts along with Cheren and Brycen
>You actually fight all the sages in a row instead of the Gym Leaders coming in help and doing it for you (Bianca stays there and acts as a Pokémon Center between the matches)

X/Y
>You have more fights against Shauna, Tierno and Trevor
>Serena and Shauna actually take the Kanto starters you didn't chose
>Serena also gets the fossil you didn't get
>Riding Pokémon now it's a TM move named Gallop that turns the Pokémon who knows it into the equivalent of Acro Bike
>>
>>28567839
Delete megas and instead give many pokemon better BST to keep them competitive and others proper evolutions

Remove even the IDEA of implementing synchros

Remove Z-moves

Remove the idiot who thought online battles vs randoms should be 3v3 singles, make it 6v6
>>
>>28568429
Can I add to this by saying the part where you're with Trevor in the ice cave and youre up against two Flare people should have actually been a double battle alongside trevor? Because you double battle with your main rival several times during the game but when there's an obvious oppurtunity to double battle with Trevor you just fight one of the flare people alone while he fights the other.
>>
>>28568429
>>You have more fights against Shauna, Tierno and Trevor
Why would you ever want more of that shit instead of none of it
>>
>>28568429
XY should have had post-game side quests like the Looker Bureau for each of the three dunces to actually flesh out their characters. Trevor especially, there's a lot they can do with the fact that his parents basically abandoned him and his sister so they could travel the world instead of raising them, and that apparently somehow being his motivation to become a Trainer. You know, what you learn in the actual game if you find the generic NPC that is his sister in the maze that is Lumiose but the main story never touches on.
>>
>>28568455
don't delete them, but make them actual evos instead.

Yes, even the ones from 3 stages evolution lines. Why can't 4 stages evolutions be a thing? No reason really.
>>
>>28568570
Why not just give final three stage mons better BST?

Regardless, not every pokemon can be equally good, that just doesn't work.

You then give some megas to make them relevant again and by doing that make other pokemon irrelevant. So you give these guys megas, then other gigas and where do we end up? It's a back and forth. Just gotta accept that some pokemon are not great.

That said, they need to be careful with the power creep and not make old generations weak overall by giving new ones crazy stats
>>
>>28567970
Voltorb Flip was the shit.
>>
>>28568611
More like it is shit
>>
>>28568611
Voltorb Flip was actually worse than no game center at all. At least with the slots you could just buy out the shit you needed. Voltorb Flip was an agonizing grind even if you knew the trick.
>>
>>28568429
>removing a feature because people are complaining that it's not featured in future games
Why?
>>
>>28569075
Because it's a completely useless and superficial feature that people have attached to four some reason and it's annoying when people just go "but it's comfy!" despite how basic and limited it was.
Then there are the people who think those sprites were made for HGSS and put into BW when it was the opposite way around.
>>
>>28567884
No, it's not. It is, however, generally agreed that HGSS were great. Pay attention anon, get your Shit together.
>>
>>28568423
>oh shit he actually raised some points
>time to meme at him to disguise my damage control
>>
>>28569198
>telling anyone else to pay attention when you're oblivious to the current view of HGSS by the majority of the fanbase
>>
>>28568429
>>You actually fight all the sages in a row instead of the Gym Leaders coming in help and doing it for you (Bianca stays there and acts as a Pokémon Center between the matches)
That was such an awesome moment, though.
>>
>>28568160
simply because the designs were shit as they were either pink fluffballs of happiness or not related at all.
Only a few did the job and even with gen 7 doing good so far, it's not enough for me.

also you could simply give shitmons a decent evolution instead of choosing one for the whole team.

Or just patch them to not suck massive balls.
>>
>>28568402
Yeah, no. /vp/ is the ONLY place I've ever heard of someone not liking HGSS. Outside, everyone loves it, and they even hail it as the best game yet.
>>
>>28568302
Wow, you must be a contrarian, with all that nonsense.
>>
>>28567839
are you crimsonkyurem because this post seems awfully familiar.
>>
>>28567839
>>Putting all evolutionary families together in the Pokedex regardless of what Gen they were introduced in.
>>I'd turn Nidoran into one Pokemon with Gender differences.
>renumbering the entire dex
fucking stupid, kill yourself
>>
>>28568029
A Pokemon with 2 forms but the same stats.
>>
>>28567839
Retcon pokemon, 4chan, and op out of existence.
>>
>>28569232
They've always been great, dipshits. Anon is right, pay attention.
>>
>>28567839
>If you could retcon a couple of things out of existence, what would you retcon?
/vp/.
>>
>>28568160
>cripple a dozen pokemon

What? By giving them access to Eviolite? Are you retarded?
>>
>>28567839
Retcon baby Pokemon, they serve almost no purpose.
>>
>>28568170
>> Plays Pokemon. Literally doesn't know the word Spite.
>>
>>28567839
>HGSS. I'd just retcon the entire game.

FTFY, faggot.
>>
>>28567839
Everything but the last one plus

>no Arceus, or at least have him uncatchable
>make the legendary lore agree with itself or at least imply that the legends may not be accurate
>>
>>28567839

ORAS sold more, is more relevant, and is more liked than HGSS ever was.

Eat dicks
>>
>>28568013
>>more fucking ghosts
????
>>
Gen 5's evolution levels. Seriously, who thought that having Mienfoo evolve at level fucking 50 was a good idea? Or 58 levels of using a Larvesta for Volcarona? Or Litwick evolving at 41? Jesus.
>>
Trade evolutions are annoying.
>>
>>28569472
What are any of the megas for pokemon in a 3 stage evo-line?
>>
>>28569472
Read that text again and slowly.
>>
>>28567869
GF was afraid of retcons back when they started adding new babies past gen 2.

But now that they retconned so many pokemon with the fairy type, they should really drop incense. (And rearrange the dex, but that's much less likely)
>>
>>28569334
>/vp/ is the ONLY place I've ever heard of someone not liking HGSS.
That's because /vp/ is the only place you've been. Outside of here the game doesn't get any higher than a "it's okay" at best. Other than that it's people complaining about the forced Voltorb flip and Pokeathlon with no alternatives, clusterfuck of a safari zone, Ho-oh and Lugia being compulsory, shiny crown being attached to the trainer card and other such things like the infamous level scaling.
>>
>>28569657
It hasn't sold more yet but it's on track. It's about 0.4m to doing so or something.
>>
Make Eevee evolve into Leafeon with a Leaf stone.
>>
>>28570296
"But anon eevee couldn't do that in gens 1-3 so we can't fix it now"

I hate GF's logic on stuff like this. Who cares if it didn't work in the last game? Just retcon that shit
>>
>>28569139
If you can't understand why having a pokemon following you on the overworld is pretty cool and one of the best cosmetic things theyve done, there is no helping you.
>>
>>28570499
The thing that really rubs it in is that they're more than willing to retcon other things like typing, and they've been changing things like what moves pokemon learn since as early as Yellow version.

But nooo, for some reason evolutionary methods are just beyond the pale as far as GF is concerned. Even then it's not consistent, because AncientPower could be bred onto Piloswine pre-Gen IV and they've never given an in-universe reason to account for the fact that Golbat etc. can't evolve before Gen II.

Join me in praying to Shigeru Ohmori every night that he may finally put an end to this bullshit.
>>
>>28568302
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28569657
>and is more liked than HGSS ever was.

LOL
>>
>>28568302
>It's the worst remake and one of the worst games in the franchise, rivaled only by DP and Platinum
Literally incorrect, at the time of HGSS's release GSC were generally considered the second best games in the franchise just behind Emerald. Ruby/Sapphire was and is often considered a downgrade and DP even moreso. Plat was around the same tier as GSC.

>It added nothing but gimmicks to the game it was meant to remake
A new safari zone? Gym Leader and trainer rematches? Modified story? Celebi, Arceus, and Pichu events? Walking Pokemon? Pokeathlon? All the improved features from Crystal? Even if you consider most or some of these "gimmicks", it's still far more content than what ORAS offered, with only a small post game side story, mega collecting, and soaring, not to mention they couldn't even be assed to add most of the features from Emerald.

>lacked basic features
Name one

>was unforgivably slow
No it wasn't.

>Almost every remix was inferior to the original
Opinion, and you have the option to use the old music instead too.

>Most damningly, it failed to address the many glaring issues with the original release, destroying the point of having a remake in the first place.
Neither did ORAS, which is only made worse by the fact that they didn't even address the issues that Emerald fixed.
>>
Hold item trade evolutions get replaced with a stone or just a regular trade. The hold item is always in a spot that's hard to get to or postgame exclusive, there's only one in the game, and it does nothing outside of triggering that specific Pokemon's evolution. It'd be easier to just give them a stone evolution.

I'd also get rid of those hold items that boost a certain type by an ineffectual amount. Or maybe boost them just enough to cancel out the effects of one of those berries that weaken a super effective hit.
>>
>>28567839

May I remind you that baby pokemon can't breed and nearly always evolve via friendship, so fuck that notion.
>>
Remove location based evolutions. Eevee should evolve into Leafeon via Leaf stone and the like.
>>
>>28572356
How about one breeding incense for all babies. Solves this problem, and you don't need to bother with getting a different item for every baby you want to breed.
>>
>>28568006
I hated the voltorb flip but I wished they had left the option to fucking buy YOUR COIN like in GSC.
>>
Would it be possible to retcon something out of existence before the game it's in is even released?

Because if so...

>Have S&M stick with the usual Gym/League formula rather than jump off a cliff with this trial bullshit
>UBs are regular catchable legendaries
>your rival picks the starter strong against yours like normal
>add more Mega Evolutions
>>
>>28572548
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>28572548
Yes anon. Change is bad.
>>
>>28572401
They're not even hard to find at this point, one person sells them

>>28572548
Masuda pls go and stay go
>>
>>28572589
>>28572601
>>28572613
What exactly is wrong with my opinions?
>>
>>28572548\
>UBs are regular catchable legendaries
>implying they aren't catchable
>>
>>28572642
Let the series try new stuff instead of remaining so formulaic forever.

Masuda stepped down and SM happens, so it's clear who was keeping them from advancing.
>>
>>28567839
Megas and about half the Unova dex.
>>
>>28572714
I'll budge on the Megas/Rival/UB stuff, but what was wrong with the gym system of the previous games?
>>
>>28573207
Nothing. It just has been done six times already.
>>
>>28567839
I'd delete the Fairy type and Arceus.
>>
>>28573392
t. garchomp fag
>>
>>28573420
I hate Fairy type because it made Psychic worse, not Dragon

And for the record, Garchomp doesn't give a shit about fairies, they all get knocked out by Earthquake anyway
>>
ITT: people that don't know the difference between retcon and literal time travel
>>
>>28570988
The reason Golbat cant evolve in gen 1 is because people in Kanto were dicks and their Pokemon hated them all

Source: that episode with charmander
>>
>>28570795
If you can't understand how an extremely limited feature that removes the immersion factor is pointless and one of the worst things they've done, there's no helping you.
>>
>>28573885
>removes the immersion

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>28567901
Didn't fix the terrible level scaling
Didn't fix the terrible Pokemon distribution
Made it mandatory to fight/catch your version legendary
Part of gen 4 so it's slow as shit
>>
>>28568429
>Serena and Shauna actually take the Kanto starters you didn't chose

No, Trevor and Tierno should have got them.
>>
>>28573535
This makes me wonder. How did they prevent you getting Crobat in FRLG? I understand Espeon and Umbreon not working, due to the lack of a functioning clock in those games.
>>
File: 234234234234234234.gif (987KB, 348x323px) Image search: [Google]
234234234234234234.gif
987KB, 348x323px
>Added something from crystal that ultimately didn't mean shit and was just there to pad that game
>Pokeathlon was fun albeit a bit tedious
>Added a shitty minigame that is nearly impossible to beat unless you're a genius
>Agree but I can't say that's truely a game changer
>made kanto passable while ORAS took out the stupid shit
>Agree about the remakes but the later gyms are flat out unfun because of stupid level curving while earlier ones aren't actually that hard at all
>piece of plastic that wants you to get out in a game that's already on the go
>agree

HGSS get WAY TOO MUCH praise than what they truely deserve.
Sure ORAS did some questionable shit but HGSS didn't even really fucking fix the issues of the first the first game.

ORAS is a better Ruby and Sapphire while HGSS is just Crystal with more bells and whistles.
>>
>>28574114
Before you get the National Dex, Golbat starts evolving but it doesn't go through with it, like if you pressed B.
>>
>>28574135
Nice bait, faggot
>>
>>28574135
>Added a shitty minigame that is nearly impossible to beat unless you're a genius
Are you stupid or am I a genius? That game was easy as shit
>>
>>28574089
They should have fucking done something period
>>
>>28571795
Oh I wonder why npobody replies to this guess someone ran out of arguments
>>
File: 1473724993679.png (82KB, 320x353px) Image search: [Google]
1473724993679.png
82KB, 320x353px
>>28574197
>I don't agree so it must be bait
>>28574223
It's still pretty unfun.

Should have been a fucking pinball minigame not Minefield's retarded cousin.
>>
File: 1467862228019.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1467862228019.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>28567884
>>
>>28574296
>I don't like it so it's not fun
>>
>>28574245
Because no one wants to read your fucking wall of text
>>
>>28567839
I would just get rid of gen 4 and 6.
>>
File: image.png (379KB, 438x423px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
379KB, 438x423px
>>28574135
>better Ruby and Sapphire
Yeah sure, but there's an even BETTER version of Ruby and Sapphire that just turned 12 today.
>>
>>28576328
Holy shit that's 12 years old?
>>
>>28567839
I agree that ORAS was a mistake... but voltorb flip was interesting???
>>
>>28567884
It's like you proofread your post, realized it probably won't get many (you)'s, so you decided to just add this in at the bottom.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.