[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ROM hacks and fan-games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Pokemon_ROM_Hacks.png (31KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_ROM_Hacks.png
31KB, 512x256px
Hi i am looking for some good Pokemon ROM hacks that have the graphics like BW/BW2 that are somewhat hard and good(i already played Drayano's hacks).Also looking for good fan-games with graphics like previously mentinoed.After XY and ORAS(and hacks for it) i somehow can't go back and play gba games.

P.S. If i want to make my own ROM hack what programming language should i use,i am pretty good with c/c++,but not sure if it is good for hacks.
>>
Get RPG Maker and make a fangame from scratch. ROMhacking is terribly obtuse and nobody will even play it because the hacking community is rigged.
>>
>>28567912
So i don't need any programming language?I also want that hack to look better that GBA games so is that RPG maker enough?
>>
File: 1457968731018.jpg (390KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1457968731018.jpg
390KB, 1632x1224px
>>28567768
>After XY and ORAS(and hacks for it) i somehow can't go back and play gba games

You can just go kill yourself then, newgen faggot

>waaaah i can't endure good games without the ugly 3DS graphics and new exp. share on anymore
>>
>>28568360
Well i played all the main games from Red to Omega Ruby and somehow i just hate the graphics on gen 3 and bellow now.That's why i want to play some hack with good graphics and
with some more difficulty that main games.
>>
File: 1473376411639.jpg (17KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1473376411639.jpg
17KB, 300x222px
>>28568360
>>
>>28568411
>That's why i want to play some hack with good graphics
Why are you asking for 3DS looking games then?
>>
>>28568411
The best hacks are done with Emerald or FireRed as base. So you either stop being a big babby and endure the HORRIBLE GBA GRAPHICS OH GOD!!! that bother no one else or the maximum you will find in romhack department is stuff like Meme AlphaSapphire and Eternal X (and both suck)
>>
I have a question for you guys. I've been into programming languages as of late and have developed a dream fan-made Pokemon game. How difficult would it be to script wild Pokemon and trainer battles scaling to your level (within a range of course), so that the map could be opened up and HM restrictions removed (non-linear)?

Basically, the game would be an original map that's not made of connecting lines and nodes like the standard rails; it's a wide open space and you're free to progress in any direction you'd like. In other words, there's no "you have to beat the second gym in order to get to the third gym." you can do them in whatever order you like, as there are no rails.

Certain things would be blocked off and unlockable, but that's not the standard flow of gameplay

Is that feasible in any regard? Trying to wrap my head around it and would love to make it a hobby
>>
File: tPrYp9v.png (249KB, 1369x742px) Image search: [Google]
tPrYp9v.png
249KB, 1369x742px
>>28567768
If you're planning on making a Gen 3 hack, you mostly just use pre-existing tools. There are currently disassemblies for Red/Blue, Yellow, Crystal, and most recently Ruby/Sapphire, but for the last one I don't know how good of a state it's in, though I understand it's usable at least. The Gen 1 and 2 disassemblies use Z80 assembly code, while the RS disassembly uses C. Again though, if you're planning on using Emerald or FireRed as a base (they're the two most common

Don't use Pokémon Essentials (the RPG Maker program an anon recommended earlier in the thread). Essentials is shit. Anyone telling you to use Essentials is not to be trusted due to their immense shit taste.
>>
>>28570048
That paragraph got cut off.

>Again though, if you're planning on using Emerald or FireRed as a base (they're the two most common bases), you'd mostly be dealing with pre-existing tools.
>>
>>28568686
What programming language do you know?
>>
>>28568686
If you know C#, look into pokemon unity, just check it on YouTube.
>>
>>28568265
Make a game from scratch you twat. You can just make all of your own graphics.
>>
>>28568686
I'd imagine level scaling is quite easy to implement, just set levels according to the number of badges acquired.
For gym leaders you could do the same but storing different arrays of Pokemon for them to use.
Grass can a different terrain that can trigger a random encounter from a preset list of native Pokemon.

It would actually be really interesting to try and program Pokemon but implementing graphics is too much of a pain in the ass.
>>
>>28571256
Yeah modeling all trainers,buildings,terrain is really time consuming even if you know what to do.Anyway if anyone wants to make a fan game in C++ i will gladly help as much as i can.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.