[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me they're fake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

Alright /vp/, let's try not to start a war, and debunk these. Convince me they are actually fake, with concrete arguments.
>>
>>28566207
I'm just pulling this here...
>>
>>28566207
Why? They're not. Might as well try to convince you Pikachu is fake in that case.
>>
>>28566266

Agreed.
This is the most convinving thing in the whole picture.
Unless the artist knew about her and put it in there so it would appear legit later.
I really wish it isn't real though. I only like the water type.
>>
The only thing i can see being used as evidence of them being fake is the fact the sheets are so jumbled and messy compared to GF's usual concept art.
I don't think they're fake but I'm not 100% convinced they'll be the final evolutions, I think they probably are (honestly I'm with the multiple evolutions theory/leak bc it makes a lot of sense) part of the final evos but not the only ones.

That or this is just a massive publicity stunt by GF, which wouldn't suprise me either (I mean they're definitly not reference sheets for the anime, they rarely use colour on the anime reference sheets, plus why would the stats be there?).

There's a lot of possibilities people are looking past, I don't think they're fake - there's really not a lot that says they could be - but I think there's more to this than people think.

Or yeah, they could just be the singular final evos and we're stuck with the shitty buff litten only, who knows.
>>
>>28566280
Well I'm trying to understand the point of view of those who say they are fake.
>>
>>28566307
>not liking the owl
I knew people had bad taste on /vp/, but not this bad. I bet you're some retarded quagsire or sableye memer.
>>
>>28566307
and people who try debunking it always use this one, if not more stupid ideas on how they could be fake.
>>
>>28566332
Oh they don't actually have any proper arguments, just grasping at straws like "Ash's hat is slightly off-model!!!!" because they wish they were fake.
>>
>>28566307
The only one people shouldn't like is luchalitten, that thing is fucking horrific, the other two are good. I'm not a huge fan on the siren, but it's still a nice design. The owl is fucking amazing though.
>>
there have been times creators and "testers" have leaked shit that either were fake or not in the final product
for example, there was that leak of Gravity Falls that got the creator so pissed that he made rants on twitter and then the episode aired and pretty much confirmed it was all a hoax and he himself posted it on 4chan.
Then there's the Gematsu leak from Smash 4 where the guy kept saying "Chrom is in it" and the nail in the coffin was that he said "Wario will be up next confirmed as a veteran and will be in his overalls instead of his biker outfit." Not only did Wario not appear as a veteran that week, but Chrom was also not confirmed, and he never said anything about Lucina or Robin from Fire Emblem being newcomers and on top of that, the only veteran was Captain Falcon. He also said that Dixie Kong was playable too but it turns out that Dixie was never considered and he tried to back it up, i mean back pedal by saying "well things change mid development" and "i thought I saw Chrom" even though he never predicted Robin or Lucina and kept claiming Dixie Kong was in.
Also, there are rumors that japanese developers/artists have been lurking 4chan, specifically /vg/ and making art and references that /vg/ joke about in their specific generals (like the fate generals where a prominent artists has been confirmed to be on their general)
>>
>>28566207
Mallow was photoshopped into the concept art after her reveal. Go on, find a post in the archives with the concept art that has her in it before then. You can't
>>
>>28566207
I don't think anything can confirm these as fake
>muh ash hat
Nothing also says they're the final design though
>>
>>28566332
They're shitposters nigga.
>>
>>28566383
i should mention this is not me saying "i don't believe in this leak because of these reasons" but more of "here's how it COULD be fake"
i am pretty neutral towards these leaks because I'd rather have video proof than just pictures despite how high qualityit is. I'm not believing any leaks until it's confirmed through physical video evidence or there's official confirmation from TPC/Game Freak.
>>
>>28566403
The burden of proof lies with you, not the OP.
>>
Disclaimer: I'm neither a denialfag nor a leakfag; just a neutral idiot who like reading and making arguments for and against both sides.

Here's something to think about:

What are the chances that these are scrapped designs?
Mallow's design is already finalized at that point, which would explain why she's there. However the evolution themselves are not.
>>
>convince me they're fake!
>They're clearly real until proven fake!
Are you the most retarded person on the planet? Were you visited by the staff of the Guinness Book of World Records?
If you think they're real it lies on you to prove that they are real. Not the other way around.
>>
>>28566403
>photoshopped
>into a concept art leaked in June iirc
>after the reveal which was like 2 months later
>>
>>28566525
>What are the chances that these are scrapped designs?

Near zero. They have anime characters in them so it's most likely for the anime team. Giving an animation team unfinished designs is pointless. And both the chinese leaks and riddler leaks describe the starters as shown in these images.
>>
>>28566467
>>28566575

Why do you give the obvious shitposters their (you)'s?
>>
File: image.gif (393KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
393KB, 640x360px
>making a starter evo thread expecting no shitstorm
>>
>>28566611
Haha, I don't know.
>>
>>28566666
MASUDA
>>
>>28566207
Prove to me the designs are real, and not just that the leaker knew about Mallow and made up fake designs. There is no proof of the designs actually being real, only that these were made by someone who knew about Mallow's existence.

I will be a denialfag until the evolutions are released, because I don't want luchalitten to exist. I will even bank on this 0.0001% chance that they are fake
>>
>>28566666
Satan confirmed
>>
File: 1473837357464.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473837357464.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
>>28566666
okay, satan
>>
>>28566683
I don't hating it with the intensity of a thousand suns will boost those odds in your favor anon.

>>28566666
MASUDA
>>
The only argument I seem to have against this is the question on why they're simply named "Owl3, "Tiger3" and "Seal3" respectively and even that might be just because of the names not being all that necessary until voice actors get involved if this is presumably anime art reference, otherwise, Ash being there doesn't really make that much sense if it were game concept.

The art style is awfully reminiscent of Ohmura's concept arts (more reminiscent of the gym leaders' concept art), but some of the smaller sketches are kind of veering towards "chicken scratch" quality, which doesn't seem all that professional? I've already seen sketches similar to these, but these look fairly toned down on detail. The one that mostly sticks out is one in Rowlett3's concept art (top left corner, below transparent hood one). I'm just surprised these look so cramped as well, to the point of having some of the art clipped (see belt thrusting Litten3 and the Litten3/Pikachu one, main profile Rowlett3's feather right on top of another Rowlett3 drawing) and barely having any room left. Barely anything describing Popplio3 too, you'd think her design would bring about some important annotations. Going by the color codes, I assume this would actually be how they're going to be portrayed in the anime, right down to the color palette too, unless shading/ambient color gets involved and tone changes a bit. This quite literally being how they'd look in the anime, lineart/shading/color and all. And this is the very first time we've been witness to color codes actually, as far as I know, no other concept art did this.

I'm no expert on this, I'm just laying my two cents here.
>>
>>28566207

Too over-designed.
>>
>>28566738
To be fair, the show itself looks like chicken scratch.
>>
>>28566683
>I'm a denialfag because a don't like Luchalitten

debunked
>>
>>28566207
Well heres goes nothing.

The pallets are all identicle. Something that's like never been done.

Rowlet3 bow changes colors and becomes increasingly sharp and pointy compared to the older rounder design

Litten3 drops the whole spitting hot fire furballs for a fucking belt

Yet the artist has a small pic of it shooting poisonous furballs

they're probably real but they look awful
>>
>>28566207
I don't think they're fake but I also doubt they're the final designs.
>>
>>28566331
Quick reminder that they look drastically different because SM have a new art team working on it as well as a new director.
>>
>>28566666
I THOUGHT YOU DIED
>>
>>28566593
Okay, one thing:
Since when is it generally agreed these are for the anime team? No, really, I think I missed something here.

I actually have another thing to talk about, but it's basically rewording what I said before, so screw that.

HOWEVER.
>chinese leaks and riddler leaks
Yeah, I can't really win against that.
>>
>>28566771
Tbh, at this point I've resigned to the fact that they're all but confirmed real, but doggo day/night forms has given me hope that I might actually be able to use Litten and not have to box it.
>>
>>28566930
Ash being there. Also the drawings seem like an animation reference sheet. The way Litten3 is attacking other pokemon, for example.
>>
>>28566781
>Litten3 drops the whole spitting hot fire furballs for a fucking belt
Actually, it turns from fireballs into Asian Mist, which might just be a combustive liquid used by Litten to MAKE fire furballs.
>>
How can people say that they're 100% real when there's still doubt that they're real? Ash's hat is one good reason to doubt them.
>>
>>28566207
>>28566266
Stop spamming your back and forth threads and false flag threads.

How long have you been at this?
>>
>>28567145
Remember Ash's original Sinnoh hat? With the Pokeball shaped like an S?
>>
>>28567133
It just shot fire balls, that's literally a downgrade
>>
>>28567062
Ah. Somehow, that thought never cross my mind despite the fact that I've seen the pic multiple times.

Well, I'll leave it at this then.

At least until I can come up with a non-retarded argument.

>>28567145
>Ash's hat
Oh dear, here comes the bait.
>>
>>28567264
>Hit them with not-Asian Mist
>They're blinded
>Immediately use belt to ignite face
>Their head is on fire
You need to up your creativity
>>
>>28567307
Didn't the sheet show him backbreaking a machoke on fire?
>>
File: 1474027668333.gif (997KB, 108x163px) Image search: [Google]
1474027668333.gif
997KB, 108x163px
>Another one of these threads
>>
You know /vp/ would be a much better place if people stopped talking about these until we have enough official information to make a final decision on their validity. Why don't you guys join the rest of the board in discussing the anime or the UBs?
>>
>>28567504
It's in the OP, anon, it shouldn't be hard to scroll up. But yes, you're right.
>>
File: 1473676744670.jpg (112KB, 662x458px) Image search: [Google]
1473676744670.jpg
112KB, 662x458px
>>28567145
>Ash's hat
>good reason
>>
File: 1467442953588.jpg (14KB, 250x285px) Image search: [Google]
1467442953588.jpg
14KB, 250x285px
>>28566666
check the fuck out satan
>>
>>28567547
Show some sympathy anon. How else would those people reach their daily shitposting quota?

Seriously speaking though, I personally just like arguing about stuff; especially something like this.
>>
>>28566761
I kinda get where you're going at, as the starter evos are usually simple or moderately detailed, but that didn't stop Emboar.
>>
>>28567525
What is with Eddie Murphy movies and door opening bits?
>>
File: animeart.jpg (24KB, 524x238px) Image search: [Google]
animeart.jpg
24KB, 524x238px
>>28567145
>>
>>28567752
Fake, just a generic black girl
>>
>>28567870
but better than today's fake leaks.
>>
File: Not Mallow.png (226KB, 975x741px) Image search: [Google]
Not Mallow.png
226KB, 975x741px
>>28566435
>anyone who disagrees with me is just joking
Kindly choke on a dick.

>>28566375
>No proper arguments
You mean like the one where this makes sense as neither Game concept art nor Anime reference art? Right. Or did you mean the one where people assumed the character is Mallow because she has different ponytails and a similar flower in her hair?
>>
>>28568300
It's a tiny sketch in no way meant as design reference for her, of course some of the details are slightly off. If you seriously think that's not supposed to be Mallow, well, I don't even know what to tell you.
>>
File: f23e4ed74a6c0bfd19295eb2d37c36b3.png (809KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
f23e4ed74a6c0bfd19295eb2d37c36b3.png
809KB, 1280x720px
>>28568300
>denial so hard
>>
File: generic boy and mouse.png (13KB, 224x188px) Image search: [Google]
generic boy and mouse.png
13KB, 224x188px
>>28568300
that's like saying "it doesn't have the black ear tips, there's no reason to assume it's meant to be pikachu!"
>>
File: 1465235158821.png (184KB, 357x262px) Image search: [Google]
1465235158821.png
184KB, 357x262px
>>28568541
It's not. It's probably a new Pokemon. Why haven't people pointed this out?
>>
>>28568300
>most denial fags make posts in line with thinking mallow was photo-shopped later

I'd rather assume that they're just shit posting than actually retarded.

I can't say the same for you though, i'm positive your just retarded. And it's not because you disagree with me, but for the reasons you present for disagreeing with me are ass on head retarded.

>b-but it doesn't look like other reference art

Man, its almost like multiple people have done reference art through-out the years and there isn't a standardized method to it, so everyone does it differently.

>y-you can't know its m-mallow

It's practically 1:1, minus millimeter long lines here and there.
>>
>>28568300
See >>28568374
Really now, what you said would be a proper argument if it was Mallow's reference sheet.

It's not.

Besides that:
>Arguing about the point where the ponytails split
>Forgetting about the fact that it's a unique split ponytail, a hairstyle no other Alolan girl have
>>
I don't really like the new designs. The cat is a generic fire/fighting looking thing, the mermaid is too girly, and the owl just doesn't make much sense.

I don't know or care if they're real.
>>
>>28566207
Because its a fucking mermaid.
>>
The only way I could see them being fake would be Gamefreak doing counter-intelligence on this and intentionally releasing fake leaks alongside Mallow so everyone would be convinced these were real, allowing the surprise to be maintained and any future links to be discredited.

But. I seriously doubt gamefreak is that smart. The design might change in very minor ways, but for the most part, I'm pretty sure these are real.

No matter how much I hate them.
>>
>>28566332
No one thinks they're fake at this point, all it is are false flagging shitposters who either want (You)s or a war. Just ignore them for a little longer
>>
>>28568856
*future leaks
>>
Well, have you stopped to think that it's notthe real starters, but a blueprint or an rejected art? That would explain why Mallow is in it and why ash's hat is wrong, as long as why the art style is so shitty
>>
>>28566307
for a second there I thought you were trying to spell out AUTISM using the first letter of each line
>>
Luchalitten's literally me stando as fuck, ya dern niggers.
>>
Anime style.
Names doesnt show
Different designs
Next to none informations over them whereas pages like those were rich with detail.
>>
>>28568856
It's a possibility. After all, I seriously doubt GF would allow a repeat of Wottergate to occur in future gens. They kept a tight grip on the Gen 6 starters, so why would they loosen that grip going into Gen 7?

I don't want to accept these as the real final evos just yet, no matter how much damning evidence there is. If there are split final evos (in theory i can see them doing one middle stage, then allowing the split to occur for the final stage), I imagine GF would make sure that info was out there for players prior to the games release.

If no split evos, and these are real, I'm going with Vikavolt or Sunwolf as soon as I can and box my starter.
>>
>>28566207
They look like amateur shit

Whatever, if they are real I doubt they're final. Can we stop shitting up the board with them now? We'll know soon enough if they're real or not.
>>
>>28566266
>"let's try not to start a war"
>"Convince me they are actually fake"
Pick one
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.