[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am confused about something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Since the release of the new 3DS/3DS XL consoles, will the old 3DS/3DS XL still work with Pokemon Sun/Moon?
If so, is there any benefit or extra features that the new 3DS/3DS XL has over the old one?
I want to buy a 3DS and play the new games on them and I am not sure of what to purchase in terms of console.
Any ideas?
>>
>>28564460
I believe it should still work. Otherwise they would have put a "New 3DS exclusive" somewhere like Xenoblade Chronicles.
>>
>>28564460
They will be combatible with the old 3DS as well, games only avaible on the new 3DS are heavily advertised as such
>>
>>28564460
Holy fuck do you people just not watch trailers

They confirmed in fucking February that SM is playable on the old 3DS, and we have no idea if they will perform differently

Buy an N3DS if you want the Galaxy skin or one of the special editions catches your eye, and buy a 2DS if you want to save money. Buy an O3DS if you want something that will close because the 2DS doesn't
>>
>>28564460
Old 3DSs will do.
At best new 3DSs have less framerate drops when there's a battle with many flying pokémon but it's not really worth getting a new 3DS for that.
>>
File: moon_2ds.jpg (220KB, 1200x822px)
moon_2ds.jpg
220KB, 1200x822px
>will the old 3DS/3DS XL still work with Pokemon Sun/Moon?
Of course, it's a 3DS game
>is there any benefit or extra features that the new 3DS/3DS XL has over the old one?
Unless the game is optimized, no. Judging from stuff like pic related, they most likely will not be optimized.
>>
>>28564545
Oh baby the 2DS has some great colors
>>
File: maxpayne.png (118KB, 314x351px) Image search: [Google]
maxpayne.png
118KB, 314x351px
>S&M come out
>Framerate is all over the place
>Game doesn't take advantage of faster New 3DS hardware
>>
>>28564545
>>28564544
>>28564537
>>28564528
>>28564518
>>28564586
Thanks, guys!
In terms of performance, there is no major difference between a 3DS/3DS XL, 2DS and New 3DS/3DS XL besides occasional frame rate drops and load times, right?
>>
>>28564612
XYORAS don't take advantage of the N3DS' better hardware. Games that are optimized for it have more stable framerates and look better. If you care about framerate, I would wait to buy a 3DS until people report on whether SM is better on the N3DS
>>
SM will only run on the N3DS
>>
File: 1473858806453.jpg (72KB, 682x689px)
1473858806453.jpg
72KB, 682x689px
>>28566420
>mfw there were retards back in the day asking if XY were playable on a DSi because they didn't want to get a 3DS
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.