[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>kalosperms will defend this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 14

File: 100px-Kalos_Route_1_XY.png (64KB, 100x291px) Image search: [Google]
100px-Kalos_Route_1_XY.png
64KB, 100x291px
>kalosperms will defend this
>>
It was supposed to be scenic
>>
>>28563170
Typical FFXIII map
>>
Let's be honest no one has attempted to defend this. No matter how much they may love gen 6.
>>
File: Comfey_RGB_300dpi.png (1MB, 2493x2808px) Image search: [Google]
Comfey_RGB_300dpi.png
1MB, 2493x2808px
>>28563170
If only it had a bench it would have been super comfey to sit on and listen to the soundtrack
>>
File: judge-judy-laptop.gif (831KB, 225x183px) Image search: [Google]
judge-judy-laptop.gif
831KB, 225x183px
>>28563187
>having to run around all of grandpulse just to activate all those warp stones so you DON'T have to run around.
>>
File: abbhLo1I.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
abbhLo1I.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>28563170
>same thing happened for gen 5
>>
File: 250px-Kalos_Route_2_XY.png (148KB, 250x326px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Kalos_Route_2_XY.png
148KB, 250x326px
>>28563170
Honestly I hate X&Y but that's what you choose to complain about? Just ignore rout 1 and treat it like an extension of the first town. Besides, it's not like route 2 does a much better job at being the first route either.
>>
>>28563170
Funny thing is the right kinda does remind me of a sperm
>>
File: image.png (502KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
502KB, 600x600px
>>28563214
Here's BW's first route, you can actual explore more of it when you get surf
>>
>>28563216
>literally a straight line with nothing in it
>>
>>28563216
>forced pidgey encounter
>Not reasonably being a forced gen 6 wild mon encounter.

They're gonna do this with an alola kanto mon in gen 7 aren't they...
>>
>>28563231
>when you get surf
wew
you basically have to finish the game to get back there in a non-out of your way fashion with the awful way unova was designed
why was it so fucking linear
>>
>>28563252
>exploring is bad
>>
>>28563239
>>forced pidgey encounter
Been wondering if this is homage to the original game, the anime, or the manga
>>
>>28563252
I still don't get the "Unova is linear" argument
There's so many cool side areas to explore and shit. Yeah, if you just go from gym to gym it's linear, but Unova offers a lot of neat side areas alongside that.
Relatively little backtracking is not a bad thing.
>>
>>28563290
Well the only other time we've ever had another forced encounter in Pokemon in the first route is Pikachu in Yellow.

>>28563216
Fun fact, you will alway 100% of the time capture a Pokemon here
>>
>>28563170
that was the best route!

nothing to find so you can just browse through
and how fast? that not even the music really starts
>>
>>28563252
>Revisiting areas to get to new areas is bad
>Implying running through it in 10 seconds and never coming back is better
Worst taste in routes ever.
>>
>>28563170
Shit route but damn that's some nice music
>>
>>28563170
Not defending it, but it's basically just a longer guard station from gen 1 - there was literally nothing to do in those places except talk to a single npc, and at least the Kalos version looks pretty in comparison.
>>
File: first routes.jpg (2MB, 1039x3551px) Image search: [Google]
first routes.jpg
2MB, 1039x3551px
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 200x180px
>>28563252
>you basically have to finish the game to get back
>>
>>28563366
Jeez, even if you take their second route, it's still linear as fuck
>>
>>28563366
There is something charming about Johto's first route
>>
>>28563252
>literally fly
>>
>>28563372
>johto is unova
>>28563382
that's because johto is undeniably the most comfy region
>>
>>28563365
Guard stations existed to block you off from Saffron.
>>
In gen 1-5 you have a pokemon in route 1, in kalos not.
>>
>>28563421
What
>>
>>28563450
He means every first route in the series EXCEPT kalos had wild pokemon and grass.
>>
>>28563382
It's that color palette man
>>
>>28563467
So it not a "real" route
>>
who the fuck cares, there are lots of wild pokemon available to catch in the exact next route

you faggots will sperg out about everything
>>
>>28563467
No I think he meant that in gen 1-5 you have your own Pokemon by the time you explore the first route, whereas in Gen 6 you don't. Doesn't really excuse anything, they really should have just combined the first two towns, just have the gate in Vaniville go directly into the second town and treat it as one.
>>
I don't know if I'd call it defending it, but who really gives a shit? If this had jist been an extended part of the first town and not called route 1 would you even care? Why does it matter if it's explicitly named route 1? It's not as though there is a set amount of routes it existing is detracting from.
>>
>>28563578
This. It's supposed to make a beautiful introduction to the region and does it well.

This thread is a fine example of /vp/ autism.
>>
I thought it was neat. People like to talk about how the townfolk of places like Palet Town are trapped there if they don't have a Pokemon, and this broke that silly little idea. I thought it was an interesting addition. Now, was it a good route? No. But it makes it feel a little like life wouldn't've been awful in this world if you weren't a trainer.
>>
>>28563520
>7 pokemon in route 2 kalos
>10 pokemon in route 1 unova, not even bw2
>5 in unova route 2, for a total of 15 compared to 7
>>
File: 1467817254364.png (686KB, 607x625px) Image search: [Google]
1467817254364.png
686KB, 607x625px
>>28563581
>It's supposed to make a beautiful introduction to the region and does it well
It is certainly a good introduction to Kalos: it looks pretty, but it's empty, forgettable and serves no purpose
>>
>>28563620
And even then, beauty can be subjective.
>>
File: route 23.png (9KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
route 23.png
9KB, 320x288px
>Kanto and Johto fags will defend this
>>
>>28563655
Holy shit it's been so long since I've played Johto/Kanto games I forgot about that.
>>
>>28563698
You forgot because it doesn't matter, it didn't somehow detract from your experience, just like this doesn't matter but we have to have a thread at least once a week shitposting about how shitty kalos route 1 is because the general position of /vp/ on Gen 6 is still not clear.
>>
>>28563751
It's just that gen 6, that's supposed to be your first route.

Even in route 2 there fucking nothing interesting about it

Then you go into a Forrest right away, then it's a rehash or Viridian Forrest
>>
>>28563783
Why does it MATTER that it's your first route? Why? The fucking principle? Because there is absolutely no tangible reason for it to be an issue to anyone. Would it have made any damn difference id it was just an extension of the first town instead of being its own route? Why would it? You know there isn't a finite amount of routes they can have in a game, right?
>>
>>28563835
I'm just refering to the whole fucking game being lack luster and lacking anything "fun" to do/explore
>>
>>28563835
Put yourself back into your kids shoes. You walk onto that first route to start an adventure in a fantasy world, and you can fight these magical creatures even if some of them are just birds and rats. In Kalos, if you're a kid just starting out, you get to take five steps and then you're in another city. And then you get another five steps and WELP HERE'S A FOREST, HAVE FUN KIDDO
>>
>>28563863
Ironically kids are the only ones who actually defend X&Y
>>
>>28563854
>I'm just refering to the whole fucking game being lack luster and lacking anything "fun" to do/explore

Thats just YOUR opinion. may others think that about RBy, GSC, DPPt or any other game

XY has stellar reviews: both by official reviewers and fans. You're not one of them. Good for you
>>
>>28563863
RB was my first game and I had absolutely no issue with there just being the two routes + option route with blue before viridian. Hell, those two aren't even very full routes. There wasn't a lot of reason or purpose for the route between viridian and viridian forest, and you couldn't do anything on the route with blue at that point. People here will make this argument for kids whilst simultaneously saying Gamefreak doesn't need to bitch out for them making the game easier. It's an issue to br thrown into a forest that early, really?
>>
>>28563892
Well it's an objective fact that it's the most barren non original games of the series
>>
>>28563955
>objective
okay guys pack it up no use having an opinion anymore this dude is the authority on everything
>>
>>28563932
They're still leagues better than XY's. That route 1 is literally a straight path. At least with RB you get to move in a direction other than forward. Plus you get what I mentioned earlier, wild encounters with those fantasy creatures.
>>
>>28563987
It's literally barren

>>28563366
>>28563231
>>
>>28564010
Did you ignore the whole conversation tree here? Why does it matter that irs route 1 is it improved by not being called a route? If not does that mean every town with a straight path or otherwise an area meant for aesthetic purposes in them bad? If it is, why the fuck is it worse for being called a route?
>>
File: 300px-Kalos_Route_22_XY.png (120KB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Kalos_Route_22_XY.png
120KB, 300x262px
>>28563231
>>
>>28564062
I get what you are trying to do, but that cut content on the north undermines your point
>>
>>28564111
delete this
>>
File: Kanto_Route_1_RBY.png (25KB, 320x576px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto_Route_1_RBY.png
25KB, 320x576px
>>28564030
This is the literal first route of RB. From Pallet to Viridian.
>>28563170
>>28563216
These are the first two routes of Kalos.
The second route of Kanto actually leads into the forest, and it's not just three steps and you're there. You, again, have a direction to walk other than forward.

All I'm saying is that the first routes to the games should be a bit more than a straight line. Make that first route in Kalos a part of the town, extend the second route a bit more so that it doesn't immediately lead into the forest.
>>
>>28563783
Route 1 is like the walk from Red's house to Oak's lab in Pallet town. Nobody complained about how "barren" that was. Why are people so butthurt at this route being empty when clearly route 2 is actually the first route, and plus, you have a forest right after it, which was kinda neat because it is just like Viridian forest. Some might call it lazy, but during my first playthrough, I was excited to see the reference, and at the prospect of catching Pikachu this early. It's like an in-game hype builder.

Kalos does a lot wrong, but 450 pokemon to choose from is not one of them. Jesus, in Omega Ruby, if I waited to catch pokemon that I actually liked and didn't look like shit/are super weak, I'd be waiting until after the 5th gym badge. The dex nav and all the legendaries were great though.
>>
>>28564111
>cut content on the north undermines
what?
>>
>>28563300
I also thought unova is linear (btw. I am the op of the other thread about the gen 6 regression compared to gen 5), but the only thing that is linear is the map.
There are plenty of things to discover and it is good, but the regionmap itself was a huge mistake. It gives you the feeling that you are just running aroung in a circle, e.g. Kalos is even more linear than Unova, but the map looks better and you really never feel that you are just running around in a circle.
>>
>>28564189
You aren't answering my fucking question. You keep saying routes "should" do something. Who the fuck says? You? Does that mean if Kalos route 1 weren't called a route and just a path connecting the two towns itd be okay? Why the fuck would that be the case? You know the only thing that makes a route a route in a Pokemon game is that it's called one, right? They can call it whatever the want and it doesn't change its intrinsic value of what it is.
>>
>>28563382
That's called nostalgia anon.
>>
File: Route22.png (150KB, 594x425px) Image search: [Google]
Route22.png
150KB, 594x425px
>>28564111
>>28564218
You can get across the fence though after you get all 8 badges, right? Like pic related?
>>
>>28563252
I know you guys didn't play gen 5 but you don't need badges to use HMs, you could get there at the begging of the game is you wanted to just by trading with someone who already has surf.
>>
>>28564353
No anon. You can see a bit of the Rhyhorn Race Track, which means that at some point that minigame was planned and then scrapped.
>>
File: 1410626400823.jpg (47KB, 640x571px) Image search: [Google]
1410626400823.jpg
47KB, 640x571px
>>28563892
>XY has stellar reviews: both by official reviewers and fans
>>
>>28564415
It's actually true. Well, I don't know about stellar but it's at least as well received as other Pokemon games are and in the specific example actually better than BW/BW2 at least in the western review market. Samurai gave BW a 40 but XY got a 39 which is not a significant point difference. Hell, its so insignificant it could be attributed to someone's mood that day or preferring BW's themes of Pokemon rights versus tackling the more real world based idea of dwindling limited resources rather than pure objective criticism.
>>
Has anyone mapped out Alolan Route 1 from the E3 footage? It looked nice.
>>
>>28564316
I'm not talking about all routes. I'm talking about first routes in particular. It's not that they "should" do something, it's that in the history of the games they "are" something. It shouldn't be a dividing line between two parts of the same town. Feel free to think whatever you want but in my opinion, because that's what it is, a first route should have a bit more of a journey feel to it. It should be a way to let you know you're about to set off on something great and fun. Not a gentle stroll through a park path.
>>
>>28564407
It's probably for the best considering how clunky the Rhyhorn riding was
>>
>>28564506
If I remember right, someone compared the footage to the map and figured out that it's split in half, with the left side not having any mandatory long grass and the right (from the E3 footage) being full of grass and trainers.
>>
>>28563400
Which was relevant for a very short time, but they were still boring as hell after they served their purpose.

Lots of areas have been like that. The X/Y one just happened to be the most glaring example.
>>
>>28564543
But there is absolutely no fucking tangible reason for you to believe that. You ARENT answering the fucking question out forth. Its practically a yes or no question. Does it matter that it's called a route? And if it does, why? Would it have been magically better if Kalos route 2 had been called route 1 and the route 1 was just an extension of aquacorde because then the first route wouldn't just be a straight line? You're assigning a value to being called a route that is objectively not there.
>>
>>28563170
I wont defend it, but of all the things to bitch about why this? XY had a lot of issues, but Im neutral to this route because it ultimately doesnt have any negative impact. It's just sort if there. At least it had nice music for Amie.
>>
>>28564334
>everything good about gen 1 and 2
>IT'S JUST NOSTALGIA
>>
Why is Kalos's map and landmarks overall so shit?
>>
>>28563187
THE GAME IS PLAYING ITSELF, JON
>>
>>28564704
Because France is fucking terrible to begin with.
>>
>>28563170
>they named this an OFFICIALLY NUMBERED REGION ROUTE
>they gave it an entire 1 min song that you won't even fully hear because you can cross the route in under 4 seconds
>the camera tards out swaying at an angle because MUH 3D

I had a bad feeling when I played this on launch day and saw that. It was a sign of things to come. It was the codifier for the gen as a whole.

Fuck Kalos, fuck X and Y, and fuck gen 6.
>>
Do someone has a view from above of the route we've seen at E3 (That is liely to be the first) ?
>>
>>28564649
Yes it matters that it's called a route. It's not a fucking route. It's a five step walk into the second half of a town. Any other route in the fucking game is better than that shit. That route literally just divided two parts of a town that didn't need to be divided. Call it what it fucking is, a street. Every other route in the game has Pokemon, or it has some form of incentive to be there or go back to it, that one doesn't do shit. If route 2 had been route 1, at the very least you could say, "Hey, I want to go back to route 1 and catch a Zigzagoon for whatever fucking reason."
>>
>>28564702
Of course, anon

The only good pokemon games are Black and White onwards. Everything else is bugged crappy shit that genwunners remember wrongly because of nostalgia. Anyone with a lick of sense knows XY is the best pokemon game and S&M will come out and be the best too
>>
>>28564807
So you ARE saying that just because it's called a route you have an issue? You are a fucking dumbass. You are literally only bitching because of what it's called. It would exist as the exact same thing had it just been an extension from one of the towns. It would have changed absolutely nothing. But because it's called a route it's genuinely worth throwing a shit fit over? Get the fuck over it.
>>
>>28564702
Johto's first route is shit, get over it.
Long as fuck, filled with grass even though you can't even catch anything and you have to go through it three fucking times at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>28564845
Nigga I'm sitting here eating an orange right now. I couldn't be in a more relaxed position. I honestly couldn't care less what you call me or my opinions, shitty as they may be, but don't act like I'm the only one throwing a shit fit when you're doing the same thing.
>>
Who cares?
>>
>>28564903
Oh look, another fucking deflection from the point. Maybe of you point out how angry I am it will make your completely baseless criticism disappear! I haven't tried to hide how pissed I am about you being a fucking idiot, so don't pretend that that's what I'm doing.
>>
>>28563216
>that's what you choose to complain about?
This is why Nintendo continues to make shitty games.
>>
>getting upset over this
Why? It literally lasted about 5 seconds.
>inb4 kalosperm
Kalos is my least favorite region, I just have better complaints about it than a single short road. If you have to, complain about route 13. It looked great, but was a pain in the ass to get through.
>>
>>28563170
Not just defend it, we have a guy in here throwing a fit because someone doesn't like it.
>>
>>28563620
>a good introduction to Kalos: it looks pretty, but it's empty, forgettable and serves no purpose
XY in a nutshell
>>
>>28565242
well it allows me to catch Scyther for ORAS, so they have that going for them
>>
>>28565121
Exactly what's the point?
>>
>>28565471
To connect the two towns and eliminate the risk of encountering wild Pokemon before getting your own.
>>
>>28563366
>johto is the shittiest
no surprise there
>>
>>28563252
That's the opposite of linear, anon.
>>
>>28565518
Why not have 1 more memorable town?
>>
>>28564270
I actually had the exact opposite impression. I looked at the map and initially though "shit I'm just gonna be going in some giant circle", but in fact a lot of the routes took you around for some turn and it was pretty deceptive. I never felt I was actually going in the exact direction of the straight line/diagonal the map suggested I was going.
>>
>>28563835
Jesus XYfags always flip whenever getting BTFO.
>>
>>28566648
Pretty sure they didn't make it a route and go "well I guess that's one less town we have to do! That was easy!"
>>
>>28566752
What? They had to make an extra town
>>
>>28563197

I didn't even know it was a problem
>>
>>28566925
So the complaint is that they put TOO much effort and made a second town? The first town has always been nothing, and the story they wanted to tell had touring to the next town over that had something.
>>
>>28564415
this is the problem. While XY needs to be praised because of making breeding cp things better. The fucking only reason it got so much was because of hype and because of nostalgiafags.

People played it and thought oh great a charmandar just like gen1 oh yeah charizard is now mega yes yes. Everywhere old Pokemon I already knew yes yes. Oh end credits? Good so I can stop playing it forever. The routes were the most boring ones in Pokemon. Heck they were just straight forward and nothing else.

There are also people who liked the rollerskate feature, for casuals it was nice to run through the whole game but for me it was fucking annoying, because sometimes I just wanted to walk 3 steps.
>>
>>28566983
No. They made 3 shitty half assed things instead of one pretty good thing
>>
>>28563170
Why does it need defending? What's wrong with it? It was just an intro to the new look of the game. There was leaky another route with pokemon on it right afterwards. Only a retard would let this trigger them.
>>
>>28567042
No they didn't. The route 1 isn't even a thing. it's nothing. that's why it's pointless to both about. The only reason it even exists is to bridge the two towns. And Aquacorde is the best second town after BW's. I think it could be argued its better. And all the first towns have shit all so XY's isn't any worse than any others.
>>
>>28563170
It was a gimmick route used to show off the new graphics, I don't see what the big deal is.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.