[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with no Gyms and no League, which were literally the only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (177KB, 271x279px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
177KB, 271x279px
So with no Gyms and no League, which were literally the only parts of the anime worth watching, what the hell is there to be looking forward to in Pokemon SM anime?

It sounds to me like a start of a terrible fillerfest, made 100x worse by a fact that there is nothing interesting happening inbetween the "so wacky interactions with Pokeman xD". Johto at least had Gyms and a fantastic League. This shit has nothing.
>>
>Gyms and League
>when ultimately they are always pointless, every season

The only real reason to watch the anime is to see Pokemon you like animated.
>>
>>28560744
>so wacky interactions with Pokeman xD".

This is basically what the yo-kai watch anime is and unlike pokemon that show is actually enjoyable. So I'll take it. It's better than stale character of the day formula trash.
>>
Trials and shit dumbass. Take some Ritalin and pay attention
>>
>>28560744
ultra beast fights might be cool
>>
>>28560744
Zero Gyms or League is the most exciting part. They can make the story about whatever they damn well please.
>>
>>28562062
This. The niceky animated battles still seem to be there, without speedlines still, and no lgyms and league means that we won't have to be disappointed with ash losing all the time
>>
The cynical post I've been looking for. Yes.
>>
>>28560744
>what the hell is there to be looking forward to in Pokemon SM anime?
Ash doing the Trials, dealing with Team Skull, learning about the Ultra Beasts, possibly dealing with Aether Foundation, etc.
>>
>parts of the anime
>worth watching
Are you braindead? Pokemon anime is Medaka Box-tier terrible. Always has been.
>>
>>28560898
You watch them them for the battles themselves. You know Ash is going to loose at the end but sometimes he looses in a pretty decent battle and has some good battles leading up to it. Really the biggest problem with the Unova league was that Ash only had three battles and Ash vs Stephan was the only one worth watching.
>>
>>28564826
Why watch a battle when you know the outcome will be Ash losing?
>>
>>28564826
It's hard to pull off something when you know what the ending will be before it even begins, and the anime writers aren't Shakespeare. And 'watch it for the ebin battels :DD' is something a 2-year old would say.
>>
>>28564879

Not him, but there's a difference between losing and losing with dignity.

Tobias victory over Ash was like honey compared with what we got this season.
>>
>>28560744
>what the hell is there to be looking forward to in pokemon SM anime?
YA BOI
>>
>>28564952
You're still just watching Ash lose over and over.

With this new season, the looser focus on battles will make every battle feel more important.
>>
File: 1473180848511.jpg (11KB, 250x213px) Image search: [Google]
1473180848511.jpg
11KB, 250x213px
>>28560898
I will never see Porygon-Z animated in an episode
>>
You know what, you're right. Everyone is too focused on battles and they've all become spoiled little brats. Time for the real world, kid.
>>
>>28565000
> You're still just watching Ash lose over and over.

But I don't mind him losing as long as it's epic. That doesn't make battles less important, did you stop watching Dungeon and Dragons because they never got home?
>>
>>28560744
The games are confirmed for no league and the anime always has a different league from the games. A league could still happen. Even if it's a school league or some other shit.
>>
>>28564879
>>28565000
because we don't give a shit about ash. we just watch the battles. I like to see a shitty character lose
>>
>>28565036
Honestly I liked the Alain battle more than Tobias. We had an entire spinoff series dedicated to developing Alain as a character. Tobias is one shattered past shy of being a fanfic OC.

>did you stop watching Dungeon and Dragons because they never got home?
I've never watched it, but if it's full of episodes where you think they're finally going to make it home, just for the writers to pull the rug, then I'd stop watching it pretty quickly.

They should have thrown Ash a bone once in a while. I found out that he did win the Orange Island league. I think even if it means introducing a non-canon region or two, they should let him win another league.
>>
>>28564879
Yes Ash will loose but as >>28564952 said the better leagues have Ash loose with dignity. Plus there's more than one battle each league and often the best battle isn't the last one but the one before it.

In Johto we see how much Ash has progressed since his first league and it all builds up to him finally having a 6 on 6 battle with Gary and winning. While Ash does still loose to Harrison the battle serves as inspiration to travel to Hoenn.

In the Sinnoh league Ash used strategy in picking his teams and only used his regional team for his rival battle with Paul because it was personal. Then while Tobias may have been cheap Ash still made smart choices to counter Darkrai and is the only trainer that actually manages to defeat it.
>>
>>28565186
The problem with the Alain battle isn't the battle itself but the fact it's their third battle and Ash has lost all three battles.
>>
>>28560744
Is Lillie the main female "companion" this time?
If so, I'm watching.
>>
>>28560744
>what the hell is there to be looking forward to in Pokemon SM anime?

The prom episode?
>>
>>28560970
>yo-kai watch
>enjoyable

you are either 5yo and your mother is typing this for you or you're legit retarded

i mean, the pokemon anime is BAD, but Yo-Kai Watch is another new level of stupid, it's literally aimed to 3-6yo kids. Might as well watch Dora the Adventurer instead
>>
File: image.gif (704KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
704KB, 500x276px
>>28566321
>he shills for TPC on 4chan
>he does it for free
>>
>>28560744
Man, I've been out of the lopp for a while. is there seriously no Gyms or a League in SM? What the fuck? This Island Trial shit better be good.
>>
>>28566321
You say that it's for 3-6 year olds, but then comes the masturbation jokes, varying degrees of suggestive shit, and then topped off by having a guy who directed the American Pie movie directing the dub.
>>
>>28560898
This anon gets it.
>>
File: 1462662559550.jpg (34KB, 406x284px) Image search: [Google]
1462662559550.jpg
34KB, 406x284px
>>28566512
>watching dub
>>
>>28560898
>>28560898
This. The only reason some of my younger family members like watching, cuz it's fucking Pokemon and don't give a shit cuz they're kids. The only reason I like watching it with them. I remember watching the ep of one of my favorite mons Rotom when it took over the mower came out, complete filler garbage I think is what most of the people way too invested in the show would call it, but it was funny how they animated it and my niece thought it was literally the coolest pokemon ever because of that.

I always thought the show was aimed at children so I always took it easy and never put it on the same level as the anime I would usually watch on my own time. I don't expect the writers to be super deep or clever.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.