[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's meant for kids, so it's supposed to be shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: 080.jpg (37KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
080.jpg
37KB, 680x383px
>It's meant for kids, so it's supposed to be shit
>it can be shitty because it's for kids
>its a kids show anon! quality is not important
That something is mainly meant for kids doesn't mean it has to be shit.

You can make good quality kids shows/games/manga that can be enjoyed by everyone.

"It's for kids so it can be shit" is a very common argument on this board and it's a very fucking shitty one. Prove me wrong.

(And no, I'm not complaining about the anime's animation quality)
>>
>>28554099
>pokemon anime is shit

whoa.......
>>
>>28554099
>sakuga
>shit

Kill self. Bet you hated the digimon movie too faggot.
>>
>>28554099
The preview gave me a sort of lesser Yu-Gi-Oh GX vibe.
>>
File: Satoshi.png (9KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
Satoshi.png
9KB, 244x207px
>>28554099
separated at birth
>>
>Implying the anime wasn't shit before
Every single person in this board knew what was going to happen in the league. Every damn episode is predictable af and so is every gen ending.
This series is just a huge-ass ad for Pokemon with shitty writers that just reset Ash every new gen and, for some reason, there are people that think that it will be different
>>
The Pokemon is already shit now. Becoming a more goofy fun time will probably improve it. See Yokai Watch and Aikatsu far better animes aimed at kids. I'm excited for the SM anime.
>>
>>28554200
People thought it was going to be different the last time because they broke a lot of the common patterns. The story's climax had to be Ash winning the league, but the executives at TV Tokyo are old farts who are too scared of doing what the people want and they just prefer to get their safe yens by doing what they always do.
Nobody wanted Ash to lose but those meddlers behind the whole show.

People say that Ash going to school also breaks the pattern, but he's just doing it because SM as a whole is a pattern-breaker. The show itself will probably be nothing new or attractive for the whole audience; just a school/slice of life anime with a monster-of-the-day in every episode.
>>
File: 1470962966393.jpg (23KB, 640x632px) Image search: [Google]
1470962966393.jpg
23KB, 640x632px
>>28554245
>Yokai Watch
>good
Pick one.
>>
>>28554176

Will we get to a point were Ash has a crippling battle that ends with almost all his friends sacrificed while Pikachu rejects him and becomes a traveling loner?

Because that'd be swell.
>>
File: 1473308352207.gif (928KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1473308352207.gif
928KB, 264x320px
>>28554099
HE REALLY LOOKS LIKE THAT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>28554385
But the season after would be better. That's when Ash falls in love with the demon that made him kill all his friends.
>>
>>28554186
Makes sense since Ash never ages
>>
>>28554281
There is no excuse for believing the anime will change.
>>
>>28554662

When do we do the season with underground cage fighting and shock collars?

GX was great once it got the ball rolling.
>>
>>28554739
Did you even watch XY before last month's fiasco?
>>
>>28554099
>You can make good quality kids shows/games/manga that can be enjoyed by everyone

that philosophy is how horsefuckers came into existence, you gain quality for something that's supposed to be for minors you get autism. The show is better off staying dumb down.
>>
>>28555281
The difference is that the horsefuckers watch a show meant for an even smaller demographic and they're praising it as some Holy Grail. I don't doubt that it's good, but they went overboard and started spamming it everywhere to the point that everybody started to hate them.
>>
>>28554099
You see anon, you are already talking about quality but it hasn't even aired yet.
>>
>>28554099
Ash is Hispanic now?
>>
>>28554099
I really don't see why everyone has a problem with this new anime. Whats so bad about it? I think the animation style for starters looks fine. Looks like a nice fit for what we are getting in gen 7. And why do you guys not want him to go to school? If he didn't go there, he wouldn't have anything else really to do considering no gyms. I'm sure his classes will also teach new things about alola which are then incorporated in the episode after he leaves school or something. I'm personally excited to see what happens this season
>>
>>28555608
Plus it's a kid's show. Sure theres a broad audience, but it's mostly directed at the new players or kids who started off at X and Y. You guys gotta chill a little bit and wait until the anime comes out before shitting on it
>>
>>28555329
>I don't doubt that it's good,
brony detected
>>
The only thing that can make this enjoyable is if they put more focus on Dialogue/Script Writing. Not saying to make it super complex, just put effort to make it funny or clever.

Think The first season dub or even the entirety of Digimon 01-02 dubs having some stupidity and in-jokes/meta humor.
>>
>>28554186
Difference being SU is actually a good show.
>>
>>28555743
Problem is this is TPCi, not 4Kids, so when they try to be funny, it's a massive fail for the dub.

Just look at dubbed DP and XY TRio for an example, desu.
>>
>>28555774
homosexual detected
>>
File: dfxcghvb.png (478KB, 776x490px) Image search: [Google]
dfxcghvb.png
478KB, 776x490px
>>28554099
>complaining this much about a kids' show that's shit to begin with anyway
get a fucking life op. it's like everyone's complaining just for the sake of complaining about something. it's as if most of you fuckers cared about the fucking anime anyway...
>>
>>28555743
totally agree with you, though personally i like the new art style. At least I hope then only use a art style like this for this gen only then go back next gen
>>
>>28555774
Never seent it before.
Is it really that good?

Ive always strayed away from it because I associate it with Tumblr: (i.e. Transexuals, SJWs, 12 year old trash cans, or whatever other fake genders they've created in the past 3 years.) Because that's who seems to promote it the most.
>>
>>28555785
Well, yeah, kinda. The problem with TPCi is they do a direct translation of the script. Whereas 4kids seemed to always be like "LMAO WHAT SCRIPT?!" as with most 90s dubbed anime.

I'm hoping they put more effort at the source in Nipland.
>>
>>28555931
No, TPCi inject slang, rhymes, and alliteration everywhere into their dub script: it's not faithful at all. Don't know who gave you that idea, Anon.

4Kids' actually translated the script for TRio in particular more faithfully than TPCi has. Pokemon is the one Anime 4Kids actually stayed (mostly) faithful to the Japanese script.
>>
>>28555846
Things with bad fanbases can be good if you ignore the fanbases

Just like Pokemon!
>>
>>28554099
"It's for kids so it can be shit" is the only reason TPCi's dub has lasted as long as it has, really.
>>
File: Smug Sun.png (107KB, 226x194px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Sun.png
107KB, 226x194px
>>28555846

Well while i liked the entire series from the start, Rewatching the early episodes recently made me realize how much steven changed as a person, he may seem a bit annoying but man he really grows as a character, the show itself is great but i dont think it hits its stride until the episode ''Giant woman'' Though even the episodes before that are great

Like gravity falls its the kind of show that lures you in with its mysteries and keeps you hooked

I despise tumblr , yet i love SU. Take that as you will
>>
File: 1431901251062.png (255KB, 680x697px) Image search: [Google]
1431901251062.png
255KB, 680x697px
>>28555774
>>28556114
Back to your gay little safe space >>>/co/
>>
File: 1432433282133.jpg (73KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1432433282133.jpg
73KB, 500x385px
This looks like shit.
>>
>>28556287
Safe spaces are for the weak, there is no safe space from the chronic pain of your existence.
>>
>>28555846
Absolutely terrible fanbase, avoid Tumblr at all costs. /co/ discussion is somewhat fair game.

And that's ultimately up to you to decide. Not gonna brony and say it's the best shit ever, but it's something comfty you watch whenever you have ten minutes to burn.

Accusations of progressive stuff are also true, though they present it in a way that it's not intrusive
>>
>>28554245
>Mentioning Aikatsu
Automatically good in my book. You're my favorite anon now, bless you.
>>
>>28554099
Kid =! Manchild
>>
>>28554099

Its true, look at Dragon Ball Super, the current Arc has been fairly good.
>>
File: 1450211468060.png (64KB, 328x669px) Image search: [Google]
1450211468060.png
64KB, 328x669px
>>28556435
>/co/ discussion
>fair game
That place is the second most easily offended bunch of pansies on here. All disagreements you usually end with 'gtfo' or 'no hate or disagreements allowed here'.
>>
>>28556699
You mean the one with the Goku clone turning pink which somehow makes him stronger than blue?
>>
>>28555689
I've never watched an entire episode of /mlp/. But people say it's "smart" so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>28554099
No, it's shitty because you're an adult who has outgrown its predictable, tired premise. Some adults, like myself until relatively recently, still enjoy it. Of course, it's not shitty to most kids because it's made for them and with them in mind, which is why the show doesn't age with (you) and Ash is eternally a ten year old boy. Ideally, the show's creators expect adults to have outgrown the show and so it tries to appeal to the next set of x to 12 year olds. Ages 13+ who stick with the show are an added but not necessarily essential bonus.
>>
>>28554691
Except unlike Ash Steven actually has genuine character development and ages and is even 14 in the show right now, being around 12 when the series started.
>>
File: 1467817927893.jpg (16KB, 213x395px) Image search: [Google]
1467817927893.jpg
16KB, 213x395px
>>28558585
It could be predictable and still be good. It's not stale because "you grew up", because if that were true, so many people wouldn't have realized that XY was actually watchable while it lasted. The show has legitimately suffered from poor writing at times, but it has been proved that it can improve, and what they're doing now is taking all of those improvements and throwing them into the fucking trash can.
>>
>it's shit
You didn't even saw more than a fucking teaser, calm the fuck down and wait for a real episode before starting crying about how they killed the anime
>>
>>28554099
What if

What if you

Listen

What if

What if YOU think it's shit because you're not a kid?
>>
>>28555387
He's always been slightly tanned. Most japs are slightly tanned anyway
>>
>it's serious so it's good
>it's wacky so it's bad
>>
>>28555846
>>28556435

It's a good show. Soundtrack is great, art style is comfy (rough in S1 before storyboarder purges), characters are great. The mini episode format also makes it great to sneak in while eating something.

Also, skip S2's "Sadie's Song" and S4's "Last One Out of Beach City". ;^)
>>
>>28559629
>what they're doing now is taking all of those improvements and throwing them into the fucking trash can.
This is what TPCi decided to do to the English dub of the Anime back in 2006, and look what happened to it: it was shoved into a 6 AM time slot on CN with no advertisement, and a dub so terrible no one wants to sit through it with an IQ of 100 or above. It'll be the same for the SM Anime, this is literally the beginning of the end for Ash and TR in general.
>>
>>28561649
"it's serious so it's good" Is how most of these idiot fans view the flare arc
>>
>>28556759
Sounds like padt
>>
May I direct you naysayers to Steven Universe, Gumball, MLP, and every other show that isn't Teen Titans Go or PPG reboot?
>>
>>28554992
Yes, it was interesting, but I know that whatever the show does it's going to rubberband right back
Endless continuities work that way
>>
>>28554099
I feel like the problem just really lies how it's presented as a being wholly indecisive as to whether or ot it wants to be a collectively long and drawn out singular narrative or to be multiple self-contained and varied narrative installments that have identities in their own right.

Nope, instead of being like in the Digimon, Yugioh, Precure, Super Sentai, or Kamen Rider style of franchised kid shows that exist as the latter, it seems like it's pretty damn hard for the Pokemon writers to have any full on liberties when they're forced to straddle the line between "it's a brand new exciting adventure" and "it's still the exact same Ash and Pikachu as it's always been and will always be."
>>
>>28554099
>Being this mad
My friend, therapy and suicide are your only options now.
>>
>>28554099
Did you copy this from a Nostalgia Critic script? No-one thinks it's okay for children's shows to be shit. They think it's okay for children's shows to have a wacky animation style and sometimes the main character loses a big tournament. Pokemon's always had pratfalls, grow up.
>>
>>28554099
>mfw its not actually ash but his son
>>
>>28561936
>sometimes the main character loses a big tournament

And by "sometimes" you mean "always".
>>
>>28554099
i know no one will give a shit about what i say

but i'm tired of the meme "it's for kids so it can be shit"

It's especially because it's for kids that it absolutely can't be shit, and it's have to be more polished than any adult show

It's when you're a kid that you developp your intellect and tastes
if you are fed with shit, you become a shit brain when you grow up, that's all

it's because you're an adult that it can be shit, because you already have your intellect to differenciate what's good from bad

i'm done, and i hope you keep what i said in your head
>>
>>28561991
>It's especially because it's for kids that it absolutely can't be shit, and it's have to be more polished than any adult show
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yeah look at the DBZ, OP, Naruto, etc anime. Pure quality.
>>
>>28554099
And why are you judging the worth of the series off of the Character design alone? You seem like quite the child. Its just a change design nothing major even, looks better for some people, yet you lose your mind over it. You are quite fucking pathetic to get that worked up over a kids show that is essentially just advertisment for the games.
>>
>>28556759
>That place is the second most easily offended bunch of pansies on here. All disagreements you usually end with 'gtfo' or 'no hate or disagreements allowed here'.
I'm assuming /pol/ is the first most easily offended place?
>>
>>28561649
There is damn fine line between wacky and stupid.
Look at Phinead and Ferb, their adventures are funny, their ideas are borderline trollphysics, their plot is wacky, yet they aren't as bad as, per say, BW.
Or Gravity Falls, Gummi Bears, Moomins, even those for even smaller kids than Pkmn audience, like Krtek, all are simply well done shows.
With good premise, funny adventures, and rest of that shit.
Why Pokemon can't reach that writing quality?
>>
>>28555846
Show's good but it has lot of filler, like, a fuckton, the real story begin by the middle of season 1, and there's like 52 episodes.
But some of the filler deliver important information and season 1 is the only season that has like 75% fillers, the next seasons have more drama
>>
>>28554099
I'm pretty sure people only use that argument when they want manchildren like you to stop crying with minimal effort
>>
>>28554099
You forgot this one
>it's a toy commercial, it doesn't matter if it's shit! I like it!
>>
>>28561217
So those in this board who like it are kids? I though they were just retarded manchilds
>>
>>28554099
>You can make good quality kids shows/games/manga that can be enjoyed by everyone.
You can, but Pokemon has proven time and again that they don't.
>>
>>28561217
>missing the point this hard
>>
>>28555774
Except for the fact that 80% of the episodes are cringe worthy filler but yeah great show anon
>>
>>28554099
I think the point most people were making is that it's stupid to be this asspained about it, not that it's okay for it to be shit.

No one mentioning it being aimed for kids has literally said "it's for kids so it can be shit".

It already looks like it's at decent quality that can be enjoyable by everyone without expecting anything deep or engaging about it.
>>
>>28567083
Or maybe they don't have shit taste, unlike those who think the Pokémon anime must be seious and edgy
>>
>>28567242
The point is "I think it's shit"
My point is "That doesn't mean it's shit"
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.