[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why'd Nintendo DMCA this? What do they have to gain from it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Titlescreen1.png (88KB, 257x193px) Image search: [Google]
Titlescreen1.png
88KB, 257x193px
Why'd Nintendo DMCA this? What do they have to gain from it?
>>
Pokemon is a TM
>>
>>28553359
They didn't.
The authors took it down themselves, they claimed it was to avoid the scenario, but I suspect it just a publicity stunt
>>
>>28553359
Gee I don't know, maybe they're protecting their intellectual property from being stolen by some neckbeards who make shitty fakemon.
>>
>>28553359
It got taken down because they set up a Patreon for it, which meant they were making money off of someone else's IP
>>
>>28553359
How can you not understand why someone wouldn't want to be associated with that train wreck.
>>
Because this thing was actually kind of bad for a fangame.
>>
LOL that was fast
>>
>>28553359
>>28553359
STOP MAKING THIS SHIT HAPPEN

>Shitty Mons
>Trademark abuse
>Shitty story

Thank you based gamefreak for getting this abortion off my fucking internet.
>>
>>28553359
Just have to (sometimes) protect your tm/cr.
>>
>>28553359
Maybe they don't want pokemon associated with toxic or harmful substances.

But besides those sprites, there's also the controversy surrounding nuclear power.
>>
>>28553392
So, that means as long as other fangames dont use it to get money, they are safe?

Cuz I kinda like the edgy fangames with increased difficulty
>>
>>28553359
It was so shit that they were worried that people could drop pokemon
>>
>>28553407
Precedent all that jazz requires you to tell someone to fuck off one in a while, why not something that was already awfull?
>>28553394
>>
>>28553359
I dunno, if I was the company I wouldn't want this piece of shit in any way associated with my brand
>>
>>28553425
Pretty much
>>
>>28553457
Yay!
>>
>>28553386
From what I understand, Nintendo DMCA'd the filehosting sites rather than sending the creators a cease and desist like they used to do. It was the same thing that happened to AM2R.

Nintendo hasn't changed, but they're trying to pretend to. The Content ID'd YouTube videos for years before they announced the Nintendo Creators program, where they still Content ID your video, but now they also pay you a pittance. As long as you exclusively make videos about Nintendo products, and only the ones from an approved list. And they only add new games to the list months or even years later. Now they've stopped sending CnD's to fan creators, but they DMCA the shit out of any sites that dare host the download, meaning that it becomes difficult for anyone to actually play the games.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.