[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Length of Sun/Moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: togepi cry.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
togepi cry.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>Buy Pokemon White 2 to get my Pokemon fill before Sun/Moon
>It takes 40 hours to beat the Champion
>Build bonds with all of my Pokemon in that 40 hours.
>Realize that XY/ORAS were 20 hours to beat the Champion
>that's half as long
>mfw Sun/Moon is probably going to be 20 hours long and the lack of gyms/league is going to severely impact the amount of bonds that are built between my Pokemon and I.
>>
>>28552337
Generation 6 games were garbage, in terms of qualities that would have easily been fixed if GameFreak had invested even a little more time into them.
>>
>>28552625
Gen 6 might be my second favorite gen.
>>
>It takes 40 hours to beat the Champion
Gen 5 is filled with dialogue out the ass and tons of evil team battles. XY have abhorrent pacing issues, but with ORAS it's just less dialogue and team battles.
>>mfw Sun/Moon is probably going to be 20 hours long and the lack of gyms/league is going to severely impact the amount of bonds that are built between my Pokemon and I.
If anything, trials make the game longer than gyms. You have to go to other areas and do something/finish a fetch quest/whatever which takes up more time compared to curbstomping a few piss easy gym trainers with shit moves
>>
>>28553095
This, not to mention the sheer amount of lore battles there appear to be. Tapu koko + 3 other island guardians, Solgaleo/Lunaala, Marshadow, the Ultra beasts, potential others... Yeah, S&M is gonna be fuckin good.
>>
>>28553187
Forgot to mention that ironically despite the framerate lag Gen 6+7 have faster animations in battle, though Gen 5 had some fast animations of its own.
>>
>>28552337

gen 5's length was due to generic JRPG chatter, pointlessly long animations, and actually bad load times.

It was a good game, but it had not more content to speak of than any other game. The PWT was fun, but it was not more time consuming than the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>28552972
okay

the games are still shit tho
>>
>>28552337
Threadly reminder that gen 6 was a tech demo in its entirety.
>>
I remember beating Emerald in less than 6 hours with an Azumarill back in high school. It's not them it's you.
>>
>>28552337
God no Gyms/League is crazy.

Like I can accept everything else they're changing but why would you throw the biggest goal of a Pokemon game out the door?
>>
File: speedruns.png (298KB, 823x801px) Image search: [Google]
speedruns.png
298KB, 823x801px
>>
>>28555507
Speedrun are terrible indications of a game's length, ORAS speedrun is recent and Werster hasn't tried it yet. Also megas animation can't be turned off.
>>
>>28555629
Oh, sorry. We should just listen to what autismo here >>28552337 says then.
>>
BW2 and XY both took me about fifty hours to beat over four days.

ORAS only took me twenty hours over two days because I already knew where everything was.
>>
>>28555469
because it got fucking stale
>>
File: unsure monkey.png (384KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
unsure monkey.png
384KB, 333x500px
>>28552337
>20 hours
You can bet your ass Sun and Moon will be the shortest game in the series.
>>
>>28552337
Or
It could be that after years of playing you got good at a game aimed for younger audiences?
I beat the re-release of red in around 26 hours, does that mean it's shit?
>>
>>28556609

I won't mind if the maingame is short if theres actually some meaty form of PostGame which isn't see how long it takes you to not get dicked over by the Battle Haxion That was XY and ORAS's biggest problems is that the post game was miniscule.
>>
>>28555469

to make it a true RPG
>>
>>28556609
Based on?
>>
>>28553095
I'm just going to throw this out there X and Y have the most tedious bullshit as they are the longest games to speedrun
>>
>>28555123
okay
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.