[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when legendaries were special?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Are these two going to be the most forgettable plotlines in box art Pokemon history? If you don't count RBGY, each box art Pokemon had a ton of lore to back up their story. It made you want to catch and use them. IMO the plot for Xerneas and Yvetal was so thin, and the plotline was more focused on AZ and Lysandre. X and Y were just power sources.

SM looks like it will be even worse in this aspect with all of the focus on the Ultra Beasts. I can't wait to see how poorly they shoehorn in the box legendaries into the game.

If you are going to focus the games on the Ultra Beasts, just put them on the fucking box.
>>
>>28551562
>Mew, the origin of all Pokemon
>Arceus, the origin of all Pokemon
lore doesn't really count when it's inconsistent.
>>
But we don't even fully know everything about solgaleo and lunaala yet.
>>
>>28551562
We haven't played the fucking game yet, retard. How the fuck do we know if they have any lore behind then.
>>
>>28551594
Mew has all (most) Pokemon DNA. Arceus created all Pokemon. That's consistent.

>>28551562
I agree. I'm hoping that the SM legendaries are better because everything from Johto to Unova had plenty of lore
>>
>>28551562
oh yes, op, ho-oh and lugia were SO focused
>>
File: 21312315123.gif (400KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
21312315123.gif
400KB, 493x342px
>>28551562
>Implying legendaries were ever special.
>Judging plotlines before the game is even out.

sage goes into options.
>>
>>28551633
To be fair, they had a ton of lore if you watched the anime & movies
>>
I'm surprised the Ultra Beasts aren't on the boxes, even if you can't catch them. They seem way more important.
>>
>>28551562
We have no idea how they fit it but it seems clear that they'll be fighting against the UBs.

If the leak about Marshadow being their child/shared pre-evo is true, then they'll be VERY memorable.
>>
>>28551562
If they are going to do what I think they are, then oh boy shit's gonna be interesting.
>>
>>28551562
I believe they're actually gonna be extremely relevant in a way nobody expects. No basis for this, just a hunch. I'm gonna trust gf on this one
>>
>>28551647
Do you think they aren't going to push the fuck out of the UB plotline? It's all everyone is talking about. No one even cares about the legendaries anymore.
>>
>>28551647
>>Implying legendaries were ever special.
I dunno, have the story revolve around them like Gen 3, 4 and 5 made them seem pretty special.
>>
I'm hoping they're like Ho-Oh and Lugia where they're just rare and powerful Pokemon tied into the myth and culture of the region and not super hax0r anime god Pokemon that will destroy the world and travel dimensions to wipe out all life for Dark McEvilman.
>>
>>28551662
Marshadow is their shared Z-move, senpai
>>
>>28551689
three gens with the worst legendaries, nice pick.
Mind you I loved gen 3 and 4 but their legendaries were forgettable outside of arceus being god which even then I often times forget he exists.
>>
>>28551562
>wanting more lore
>game hasn't even been released yet to fully detail the games story
Either this is bait or your just retarded OP.
>>
>>28551657
That applies to all the legendaries/mythicals then.
>>
File: image.jpg (411KB, 485x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
411KB, 485x599px
>>28551562
Idiot, when the Ultra Beast are on the verge of conquering Alola, based Vampire Bat and Solar Lion will kick their asses.

They're gonna be the most "heroic" legendaries in the series.
>>
>>28551657
It's often flat out different in the anime and movies.
>>
>>28551686
Who gives a shit? No one complains about Ho-oh and Lugia even though they were basically irrelevant to the plot.
>>
What if they are children created by Arceus to combat the coming threat of the Ultra Beasts? They both have gold trim like Arceus.
>>
>>28551633
Uh...yes? All of Ecruteak was based on Johto lore. Like, the entire city. And 3 other legendaries were literally created by it.

Lugia got less lore though
>>
>>28551562
>SM's legendary mascots forgettable
>Even though they're going through a UB portal
>Even though they're on their own "sky pillar" type location
The lore was absolute shit with XY's box mascots. They were thrown randomly in the games because "muh obligatory box legendary Pokemon" just to only power the villain's ultimate weapon; and to add insult to injury, Xerneas isn't even in a comfy forest setting and Yveltal isn't on a sky pillar when they're encountered, let alone a cut scene showing Flare capturing them in said locations

Gen 6 was a fucking mistake
>>
>>28551784
They had plenty of background lore. They were certainly not irrelevant just because the game doesn't beat you over the head with them.
>>
>obligatory "I liked it when Legendary Pokemon didn't matter!" posts.
I never understood this mentality. The old way of doing things isn't always the best way. Ruby and Sapphire got things right by having the main story revolve around the Pokemon on the boxes.
>>
>>28551759
Nope, Perfect Zygarde is the one that will save Alola. Vampire Bat and Solar Lion will be jobbers to show how powerful the Ultra Beasts are.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.