[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

waht will Pokémon be like in 25 years? 50 years?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 1473498524115.jpg (44KB, 564x478px) Image search: [Google]
1473498524115.jpg
44KB, 564x478px
waht will Pokémon be like in 25 years? 50 years?
>>
>>28549356
I'd imagine it would be a video game.
>>
>>28549356
VR Pokémon.
Japan down to a slither of population since everyone is busy fugging their Gardevoirs.
>>
File: RedRBArtwork.png (100KB, 205x400px) Image search: [Google]
RedRBArtwork.png
100KB, 205x400px
>the year is 2040
>Gen 16 is on the way
>the Internet has long since been as regulated as any other form of media has
>government rating organizations similar to ESRB and the MPAA now control the availability of certain part of the web by age group, occupation, or in some cases political allocation
>Drivers licenses are done away with (self driving cars) and instead your social media accounts are all tied directly into a universal ID card/number that serves as your passport
>"Citizen Card"
>marketing and advertisement revenue for certain sectors are now government profits from social media corporations, which is streamlined by your Citizen Card
>no one really sees this as controlling because everyone loves posting selfies anyway and who wants to drive a car, my grandad did that shit. It's a useless artisan skill
>Nintendo NX6 Hand-held is marketing new Pokemon games, their WiFi connectivity is linked to your web-access boundaries based on your citizen card
>is super cool because you can now trade and battle and interact with people through your Facebook; or link screenshots straight to Twitter
>Livestreaming plugins from Nintendo for Twitch
>/vp/ was wiped out a long time ago when the web was regulated, so there are child-friendly forums for Pokemon that are all cancerous and filled with literally pokemon's target audience
>running seven future-proxies, Anons have re-built 4chan from referencing web archives and dumped the government crawlers into thinking it's an elementary school class's online forum tool.
>/vp/ exists like this now
>still shit posting with 40 year old NEETS about how gen 16's VR platform looks sweet but the dex is shit
>pokemon design has degenerated to literally moe girls wearing different themed outfits; these are the "new Pokemon"
>Fire starter moe-girl's 3rd stage leaks
>Turns into Olympic female weight lifter
>not-/vp/ loses its mind
>at least we have VR rom hacks to look forward to
>
>>
>>28549356
>50 years?
I highly doubt this series will continue on for 50 more years. As much as I hate to say it Pokemon cannot go on forever, it has to end at some point.
>>
>>28549706
jesus christ anon
>>
UltraBeasts
>>
It'll be like Hillary Clinton.

Dead
>>
>>28549706
What's it like being the worlds biggest faggot? Be sure to cry more about censorship and le dreaded SJW boogeymen
>>
>its 2040
>be NEET
>wake up
>"anon-kun you're up early"
>heliolisk blushes
>clock says 10am
>funny.
>smell that ocean air
>Bjerna region winter sunlight pouring in through my window
>roll out of bed, throw my furret-hide coat on
>"Coffee is on the counter anon-kun"
>Heliolisk is the best
>hit the porch
>old cabin door creaks but it's always creaked. This old girl won't ever fall over
>sitting on porch bannister
>northern Bjerna region sprawls out before me, snow covered mountains distant
>Windswept tundra below the foothills
>Sea wind whipping over the cliffs to the east
>My albino Arcanine crests the hills to the east
>been waiting on the VR remake of Bjerna for years, anons from not-/vp/ have poured their souls into this mod
>waifu features perfect so far
>regional variant plugin working beautifully
>weather mod is perfect resolution, can feel the faint spindrift on my face
>Arcanine and I have been training for months
>soon we'll cross the tundra and find that old goat Setoba
>We'll beat him this time
>We have to
>Still, my head is starting to hurt
>damn strap
>every few days; you get what you pay for
>Anons only managed to get the hack running on an old NX VR set
>before the new contact interface
>reach up to my eyes
>feel like I'm taking off ski goggles but my hands are empty
"anon-kun...?"
>I turn
>Heliolisk is in the doorway
ANON HAS SAVED THE GAME
>the world spins
>sunlight whips out
>eyes blurry
>lying on my back
>smell of garbage sitting too long in then kitchen fan finds my nose
>whir of shitty fan on the windowsill
>cars buzzing by outside flat window
>pitch dark bedroom
>staring at the ceiling
>Havent moved in days
>headset strap hurting my ears and temples
>sleeping in VR is supposed to be connected to late-onset schizophrenia and wet macular degeneration
>Eh
>cant be worse than remembering how many days I've spent lying in this bed
>one life
>why not make it what I want it to be?
>
>>
>>28550081
The End of Pokemon?
>>
File: end.jpg (87KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
87KB, 800x450px
>>28550081
>>
>>28550196
IT
>>
File: c8_1730d_17.jpg (196KB, 1120x918px) Image search: [Google]
c8_1730d_17.jpg
196KB, 1120x918px
>>28549706
>>28550165
>Plug in my VR headset
>charge light flickers on, red
>staring at ceiling
>Kernel softly beeping in my ear
>notification pops up
>Facebook
>Mom
>fucking AUG bullshit
>swipe it toward the floor
>kernel beeps a little bit louder
>advertisement loading bar fades in down near my toes
>fine, Jesus Christ
>roll over and load Facebook notifications from the floor
>Advert loading bar goes away
if the NEETBUX plan didn't mandate the kernel I wouldn't have to do regular checkins like a cuck
>price I pay for the government giving me autism bucks
>Mom
>YOUR STATUS EMOJI HAS BEEN GAMING FOR 72 HOURS ANON, YOU PROMISED
>YOUVE BEEN TURNED IN TO A COLLECTION AGENCY AND NOW YOU WON'T MAKE RENT
>YOUR FATHER IS COVERING IT BUT YOUR CREDIT IS SHOT FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR
>shit fucking what?
>leap out of bed
>pull up 5chan
>disguised as fake elementary school's online class forum
>have to log in with phony Citizen Card number generated for vetted 5chan users by the anons that moderate the forum
>govt crawler bots are fucking stupid as ever
>split tabs /vp/ and /wiz/
>/wiz/ neetbux anonymous algorithm is connected to my real citizen card number and should be making regular dummy updates on social, to disguise my actual gaming habits so I don't get cut off of my government stipend
>holy shit
>board is frozen
>/wizbot/ hasn't covered me on social in three days
>kernel starts beeping again
>its mom on Facebook
>fuck
>no posts go through
>most recent bump was three days ago
>shit what's going on
>kernel still beeping
>fling notification at the fucking trash can
>scrolling through frozen threads to see if there's any indication of what happened
>kernel
>is /vp/ down too?
>advert loading bad pops up
>beeping
>FUCK
>advert for Pokemon Gen 16 covers my whole room
>on my knees
>sobbing
>VR headset's charging light goes green
>
>>
there are so many pokemon that you can pick any real-world animal and type combination and there's a pokemon out there that matches it

people still flip out when Ash loses his 30th region championship and his most recent pokegirl disappears at the end of the season despite hints at shipping in the show

>>28550165

something like this too, although admittedly the pokemon company seems to have really tried to make game mechanics which get people to go make friends and walk around in the real world
>>
>>28550660
>kernel
?
>>
>>28549356
Dead like the rest of us when the ice caps melt
>>
You are now noticing the typo
>>
>>28550757
Augmented reality implant.

Normal people can choose to get one, or can get an impermanent system like contacts, but in order to get on a government stipend (like for autismbucks) you'd have to get the permanent kernel so the government could generate ad-revenue from your daily habits/browsing activity. And also monitor your "improvement."

So for example every time you neglect to interact with your social media accounts as would be required by the neetbux program (which is how meta data is made to generate profit), you have to sit through advertisements or are engaged by some other inescapable content. Incentivizing the whole system.
>>
>>28549356
It won't be. They're already scrambling to try and appeal to the kids again. Probably not much longer till there's a new successful Yokai Watch that manages to usurp it.
>>
File: kernel.png (55KB, 1280x1011px) Image search: [Google]
kernel.png
55KB, 1280x1011px
>>28550881
Oh, I was thinking like an operating system kernel
>>
File: 1473961308173.png (294KB, 539x382px)
1473961308173.png
294KB, 539x382px
>>28549706
I REFUSE TO LIVE IN THIS WORLD
>>
>>28551011
Ooo gotcha, I was reaching for a word that sounded like slang for a tiny implant that could go in somewhere like behind the ear or similar. sorry to be confusing, typed it fast!
>>
>>28549356
there is no humanity in 50 years
>>
>>28549706
>>28550165
>>28550660
Thanks asshole
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.