[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: pokflsd.png (131KB, 395x267px) Image search: [Google]
pokflsd.png
131KB, 395x267px
Pokemon Go Dev Is Talking About Player-Versus-Player Battles
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyOAhYj5u-8]
>>
If that happens i might finally have a reason to play this game.
>>
tell them to fix the battle system too and ill play
>>
the battle system is so shit, why would i even bother
>>
>>28549058
if they first make an actual pokemon game, theyll have half of my attention
>>
>>28549058
Why wasn't battling other trainers in the game to begin with?!? That's, like, 90% of the game's player to player experience in the games.
>>
>>28549058
This should have happened months ago
>>
>>28549058
>launching the game without trading or PvP battling

big mistake that looks like it immediately sunk the game
>>
>>28549058
Wtf oddish OP
>>
Wait, what did you do before in this game? There's only a 146 Pokemon to catch right?
>>
>>28551034
Catch them multiple times, because you need to catch a pokemon hundreds of times to evolve it.
>>
funny how many of these basement dwellers have not played go even though they could have easily found friends doing this. but leaving yo house naaah
>>
>>28551196
>Needing a bad game to find friends
>Not already having friends
>Not using Go being shit as a way to get them to buy the mainline games
It's good to have friends with good taste.
>>
>>28551268
its not like you have any friends dont damage control
>>
>>28551297
>People who don't like shit games don't like them because they don't have friends
Your logic is flawed.
>>
>Person who taps the fastest wins

How is this not doomed to fail?
>>
>>28551346
>pokemon board
>i-i have friends
>i-i go outside
>defending it this much
nope
>>
>>28551372
this isnt your safespace dude, even here there are plenty of people better than you to forever remind you of your incompetency. try wizardchan maybe
>>
>>28551417
i go sleep now bye
>>
File: laffin hoars.gif (990KB, 844x589px) Image search: [Google]
laffin hoars.gif
990KB, 844x589px
>>28551372
>He doesn't have friends or go outiside
>>
>>28549058
so what, if it's not gonna be proper pokemon battles.
6 stats, 4 attacks. some simple math in between.
wouldn't think that's so hard.
>>
>>28551372
Pokemon isn't as fun if you don't have a bro to get the opposing version with. Black City and White Forest etc.
>>
>>28551034
Mewtwo, Mew, the 3 legendary birds, ditto, and region exclusive pokes can't be caught. Tauros for North America, Mr.Mime for Europe (kek), Farfetched for Asia, and Kanga for Australia.
>>
>>28551096
only one pokemon needs to be caught over 100 times; magikarp (101 karps to be exact since you get 3 candies per catch). You need 400 candies for karp, the 2nd highest evolution is 100 candies (all third stage evolutions)
>>
>>28552145
Yes, but because movesets are random upon evolution, you usually need to evolve more than one of the same guy.
>>
>>28551521
its a little late for 4 moves, although Trainertips on youtube has videos on how they could incorporate stats better within this game. I'd hope the battle mechanics would be different from gyms for pvp. although Niantic doesn't seem to privy on that idea
>>
>>28552176
this is what destroys the game for me. pokes even change moves (seemingly randomly) when they evolve as well. They gotta keep the player base around somehow.
>>
All they had to do was copy all pokemon mechanics 1:1 from the games and make something like pokemon showdown.

How was that too hard? There's still tons of freemium dosh to make on balls and rare candies. Shit they could even sell EV/IV boosters and nature changers.

God, why are these idiots given the license for this game when all they needed to do was cut and paste an already functional battle system into a geocache game? How did they fuck that up?
>>
>>28552309
I bet gf and tpc wanted to make sure it wasn't too similar. But the battle mechanics are trash and slow down the game repeatedly
>>
>>28552216
pokemon already have 2 moves.
they should do something like collectible TMs, so you can customise the moveset at least a little.
then battles can happen.
the pokemon battle system is so simple, a student could program it.
>>
>>28552309
casuals would get wrecked left and right and stop playing because 10% of the playerbase would be constantly dominating.
imagine your typical 12 year olds elite 4 team going up against a competitive team.
they had to level the playing field, hence the retarded battle system.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.