[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon villain teams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12

File: welcomeLoser.png (379KB, 600x786px) Image search: [Google]
welcomeLoser.png
379KB, 600x786px
Team Rocket were the mafia;
team Aqua were pirates and Magma mad scientists;
Team Galactic were cultists;
Team Plasma were basically Pokemon-PETA,
Team Flare were when it came down to it nazis
they all had grand schemes and plans (e. drying up the ocean for bigger landmass; genocide...)

and now we have Team Skull which are your typical neighbourhood gangsters

I feel like they`re just less of a threat , maybe even insignificant on a larger scale than all the other evil teams
>>
>>28548753
>they all had grand schemes and plans
Team Rocket just wanted money in the original
And then the remnants of team rocket wanted to bring Giovanni back in GSC

The big schemes and plans of world domination/changing the world in some way came in gen 3
>>
Honestly it's pretty refreshing really

I want to be able to team up with them to stop aether
>>
>>28548753
Team Skull aren't anything but filler to create a plot twist about Aether -- the true evil team.
>>
That's because Aether are the villain team OP. Team Skull is just a gang of outcasts that are gonna get caught up in the adventure.
>>
>>28548753
>Team Plasma were basically Pokemon-PETA

Bullshit, Ghetsis was the typical American politician: nothing but lies for domination.

Team Plasa is America in a nutshell: a hypocrital society
>>
>in other news I still wonder what's that written on the banner
>>
>>28548806
>>28548824
>>28548826
>The foundation’s goal is to care for Pokémon that have been hurt.
BTFO
>>
>>28548875
Ghestis is a Jew. N is the leader of the future who has been taught degeneracy, but N snaps out of it

BW Plasma without Ghestsis would have been very lame
>>
File: asdfbhedntasrttn.png (60KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
asdfbhedntasrttn.png
60KB, 500x364px
>>28548911
>>
>>28548948
The official site says they're a good group, stop with your headcanon already
>>
>>28548911
>thinks good guys would ever be called "the foundation"
it's like you've never seen any sci-fi or mystery before
>>
>>28548975
You honestly can't tell me with that scientist they're going to be good guys
>>
>>28549000
>>28548975
>>28548988
they also created an artificial island plus Type:Null
>and the fact that Lillie and Gladion left Lusamine and the Aether Foundation leaves a few questions open
>>
>>28548988
>>28549000
>>28549052
Nothing on the site suggests they're villains. Honestly, this is almost as pathetic as the "Ultra Beasts are actually Pokemon!" crowd.
>>
>>28549135
Obviously
>>
>>28549135
>nothing on the site tells the twist they want to pull

wow no shit anon

despite being predictable it is still a "surprise" regarding the game. of course they're not spoiling it on the site. no one used "giovanni is the viridian gym leader" in the descriptions for gen I too
>>
He's comparable in a sense to Giovanni but his goal is mayhem instead of becoming wealthy and powerful.

Aether is likely to be the main villains; combination of occult and mad scientists, specifically illegal genetic experimentation.

I assume Guzma is the type who would drop the evil act to do the right thing if issues suddenly became life or death. He's rebelling against Alolan culture and trying to force change; I suspect he'll learn that the culture was important to him after all.
>>
>>28549135
They have such innocent employees - if theory about "they are bad ones" is real, we can call them just "Grunts". And Lusamine talks in very weird way.
>>
>>28549135
Yeah ok buddy
>>
>>28549135
>Bait
>>
>>28549135
>>28548975
Take a good and I mean a GOOD listening to there theme in the japanese trailer where they, Null, UB-01 and Jangmo-o were introduced. You can't tell me a group of people with that theme are the good guys, especially since Nintendo and GF hardly know the word "subtle". Plus, Gladion stole Null from an organization, what other group of people with top noch scientists do we even know in this gen ? NO SHIT !
>>
>>28548753

Poke-PETA was their cover. They were closer to the Hare Krishnas or the Waco wackos.
>>
>>28549200
>>28549226
>>28549259
>>28549265
>>28549282
>>28549284
They don't have any reason to lie to us. This reeks of desperation. I get it, you want them to be the villains, and you want to have UBs on your team, and all sorts of other crazy shit, but it's not gonna happen.
>>
File: cribbins.gif (1MB, 245x147px) Image search: [Google]
cribbins.gif
1MB, 245x147px
>>28549226
He's rebelling against Alolan culture because he wasn't made a trial captain.

>yfw Guzma is made trial captain of the artificial island after helping to stop Aether
>>
File: A Slut Anime.gif (721KB, 227x165px) Image search: [Google]
A Slut Anime.gif
721KB, 227x165px
>>28549389
>The game's equivalent of a champion ends up being Guzma
>>
>>28549389
Make it happen please.
>>
>>28549389
I hope someone dies in the final
I want blood
>>
>>28548753
That's why they're the anti-hero the series needs
>>
>>28549387
>desperation
>when there are hints even in there names
(you)
>>
>>28549387
This Anon is right.
Nothing speculates that they're the villains, they could just be good guys that look like bad guys, make headcanons if you want, but there's literally no proof other than claims.
>>
>>28549438
Guzma delivers the final blow and kills off Lusamine? Guzma saves Alola?!
>>
>>28549482
But in the other hand it will be weird if some street thugs, for example: Made a Type: Null or tried to steal a Legendary Pokemon. They look too... too "goofy" for it. AND they accepted Gladion as part of their team.
>>
File: Hsin.png (529KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Hsin.png
529KB, 848x1200px
>>28549532
Guzma can't kill Lusamine
I ship them together!
>>
>>28549573
sm otp confirmed
>>
>>28549532
tmw Guzma ends up being the real hero and your character is nothing more than a secondary protagonists.
>>
>>28548753
Good thing the real big threat is Aether, who wants to rip open intersimebsional wormholes and unleash and never before seen super maxx powerful enemy on the planet
>>
File: 1473595984567.png (271KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473595984567.png
271KB, 800x800px
>>28548753

>Team Flare were when it came down to it nazis

Not really. They were basically a pseudo aristocracy attempting to gain power and influence. There weren't really any signs of nationalism or anything like that, it was just a lot of rich people buying their way into a private club with promises of getting to rule over the ashes once Lysandre had "made the world beautiful again".
>>
>>28549573
It's okay because he deserves better than that.
>>
No, they were just crooks playing pretend for their naive leader.
>>
>>28549387
Anon is so dumb he can't figure out the most basic hints that these people are fishy and don't belong in Alola or, you know, the fact there's a Chimera Pokemon and a team of people who do experiments on Pokemon (clearly not connected, right?)

Or you're just fishing for responses on 4chan, congrats you got yourself caught. What's the next step in your master plan life?
>>
>>28549387
I mean technically they lied to us about Ghetsis too. It was painfully obvious he was gonna stab N in the back, but he did hide his true motives up until the twist. That's why it's called a twist
>>
They are very clearly a red herring for the "evil group" of the game. It wouldn't surprise me if you became friends with them before the end of the game.
>>
>>28549548
>moving the goalpost
Galactic maintained two buildings as their headquarters in plain sight, they apparently weren't seen as a threat and look at what happened.
Street thugs might take over the Aether building with Gladion to steal the equipment they need, but they might not, we don't know because speculation is literally coming from your ass.
>>
>>28549642
>he deserves better
but Lusamine is best girl, Guzma is best boy
they're both evil
they deserve each other
>>
>>28549387
This anon speaks the truth. Those folks at the Aether Foundation are clearly the good guys and there is nothing suspicious about us.
>>
File: 82.png (1KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
82.png
1KB, 80x80px
>>28548911
Yes, why would a villain EVER lie about their true motives?

Aether have grunts. The way I see it, they wouldn't need them if you weren't going to end up fighting them. And their technological superiority makes them a much more viable threat than a gang of misunderstood teenagers.
>>
>>28549762

This is why the gang of misunderstood teenagers are the good guys
>>
File: 1473047294555.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1473047294555.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>28549762
>why have police officers if we have someone else to fight the criminals
>>
>>28549762
Yeah but even then Black and White never really danced around with the notion of "Plasma is full of good people who love pokemon!"

Also they've got employees that apparently have different uniforms depending on their branch, which means we haven't seen them all. It's functionally a trainer class. Are we going to start getting the pitchforks out because Nurses all look the same or because some of the Professors had employees too?
>>
>>28549807
What? Your analogy is unclear.
>>
>>28549482
Agreed. I don't really get it too, because people are acting like it's such a fantastic twist when it's also apparently as clear as day that it's coming.

It's 99% YA BOI fanboys who are desperate for them to fulfill their head canon of working with Team Skull
>>
>>28548753
Can this stop already? Plasma is in NO way PETA, Ghetsis didn't even want to liberate Pokemon he just wanted world domination and was willing to kill people just to get what he wanted. He was nothing more than a manipulator and a terrible father to his foster son.
>>
>>28549843
>"Plasma is full of good people who love pokemon!"
There we like, a handful of people in the group who genuinely joined believing the lies Ghetsis was spreading as truth. When you get to the castle at the end of BW1, pretty much every NPC you speak to is an asshole who seems to be taking advantage of N the same way Ghetsis is. They even reveal that all of their Pokemon are just stolen from other people.
>>
>>28549951
>Implying PETA isn't secretly forming an army of trained animals
>>
>>28549052
>plus Type:Null
We have no proof they created it, hell there isn't even any proof they've created ANY artificial/Chimera Pokemon.

>>28549052
>and the fact that Lillie and Gladion left Lusamine and the Aether Foundation
Where the hell are you getting this?
>>
>>28549906
If they didn't have any grunts, they would be defenseless, some "goofy" street gang can take potentially take over large buildings just because they have Pokemon.
>>
>>28549135
>Nothing in the Sixth Sense promotional material suggested that the doctor was dead all along
>Nothing in Fight Club's promotional material suggested that Tyler is just his alter-ego
>Nothing in Star Wars VII's promotional material suggested that Han Solo would get killed by his own son

Oh wow, it's almost like they want to hide plot twists!
Fucking retard.
>>
What if Skull and Aether are both what they appear (a minor nuisance, and a benevolent group) and the Ultra Beasts themselves are the true villains?
The trailers seem to make it seem like they are confronting humans and Pokemon by their own volition, not being manipulated by others. How long until we have a trailer of one speaking?
>>
File: bestteam.gif (856KB, 641x244px) Image search: [Google]
bestteam.gif
856KB, 641x244px
>>28548753
They aren't supposed to be much more of a threat to world peace, more like a threat to your afternoon plans.
Kinda like rocket gang from the anime
>>
Trial Captains: NCR
Skull: Caesar's Legion
Aether: House

UB: Tunnelers
>>
>>28550156
>Skull: Caesar's Legion
>Aether: House
well, fuck I'm siding with the Trial Captains then
the NCR are the only way the Mojave can function
>oooh, but anon I don't want to pay taxes
>well fuck you
>>
>>28548866
This.
>>
>>28548866
>>28548875
>>28549350
>>28549951

THIS. FUCKING THIS.
THANK YOU.

'Pokémon-PETA' was nothing but an stupid cover-up, it's not what defines the team nor the teams actual plans.
Or rather, Ghetsis, because he and a few more were the only ones to know the actual goal, all grunts and enforcers were being lied to
>>
>>28550751
well not all of them but, I bet a handful were thinking they were doing the right thing just to end up as shocked as everyone else.
>>
>>28550791
Exactly. Remember the team plasma from b2/w2 was the remnants who wanted to help pokemon.
>>
Are people really not realizing that it's going to be a Ruby/Sapphire type deal where the Aether Foundation causes the problems in one game, and Team Skull causes them in the other? UB-02 Beauty is derived from Lusamine, while UB-02 Absorption derives from Gladion. Compare the spikes on is shoulders to the protrusions on his hood, the way its muscles seem to tear out of its skin to the tears on his clothes, even the color palettes. And then there's his emphasis on being strong in battles.

Other things start falling into place. Plumeria and Wicke have more or less the same role of lovingly caring for the grunts/employees. Guzma's bitterness over never becoming a captain is mirrored by Faba's pride in his role as branch chief--and they both have ridiculous, overlarge glasses.

Don't know yet what the precipitating event will be, but you'll end up working with Team Skull in one game and the Aether Foundation in the other. Neither group is necessarily evil--it's pretty clear that nobody knows what's going on with the Unknown Beasts, and mistakes are probably made.
>>
>>28549846
It's from one of the E.C.M. series.
>>
>>28549573
If you're looking for a name its called SyntheticRuinationShipping
>>
>>28548975
The official website said (and still does) similar things about Lysandre
>>
>>28548798
>just wanted money
They wanted mewtwo so they could take over the world. Thats why they did things like steal the silph scope.
>>
>>28548798
>The big schemes and plans of world domination/changing the world in some way came in gen 3

As early as gen 1 you had Rocket grunts talking shit about how they were going to rule the world, though you could very easily write that off as them being delusional / over confident since I don't think Giovanni himself says anything about it.
>>
>>28548866
And this is why Ghetsis is the best villain in hte pokemon franchise.
>>
>>28552754
Mewtwo wasn't tied to TR in the games, just in the anime and Adventures.
>>
>>28552108
Yes, the site says things like that about him, I gonna put the link for the people who is to lazy to search for it.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/characters/Lysandre/
>>
>Kind strong liberated woman finally in charge of a group
>AETHER MUST BE EVIL

This is why you guys will never get laid
>>
>>28549387
>They don't have any reason to lie to us.

Who? Aether or Gamefreak? Because I've seen some faggot who thinks that someone not spoiling their story is akin to them lying, and has said that Gamefreak has no reason to lie when people tell them Gamefreak is keeping their story a secret.

Or are you saying Aether has no reason to lie. Any organization doing evil shit has every reason to lie. We don't know if they are, they might well be wholly good. But you can't argue for shit and need to stop.
>>
>>28548753
They'll get redeemed and the Science guys will be the antagonists. Punks are too lovable.
>>
>>28549723
>us
What? Holly shit, they have PR people on 4chan.
>>
They won't be villains any further than halfway through the game
>>
File: You're under arrest.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
You're under arrest.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>28549723
>us
GOTCHA MOTHER FUCKER
>>
I'm actually really glad that Skull is a bunch of menaces rather than some major threat to the world's safety. I'd have been disappointed if they turned out to be anything more.

I'm under the impression Aether is going to turn out to be the real bad guys too. Utopia style organizations usually end up at odds with the protagonist and they're obviously doing some weird science stuff behind the scenes. Even if they're antagonists in a morally grey kind of way, you'll likely end up at odds with them. Cause tropes.
>>
File: images (1).png (8KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).png
8KB, 269x187px
>>28549723
>>
>>28555627
on the other hand this makes her the first woman to lead an evil team
>we had our share of female minions and administrators
>and I don't count Giovannis mom from the anime
>>
>>28548798
Team Rocket's plan isn't money only, the plan is to dominate more territories in order to gain more money.
>>
>unovababbys still salty at team peta
>still trying to force their deep headcannons
>suddenly ninja pirates on flying spaceships launching freezing beams in the sequel
as if it makes it sound better
>>
>>28548798
they wanted money but that had a plan to that end that involved taking over a major corporation HQ. And the Rocket2s had a progressive radiowave experiment going on. Their end all goals weren't anything special but that had reasonably interesting methods. MAgua had what going on? Get magic macguffin that makes plot happen? Galactic at least had more coherent steps to their magical pseudoscience nonsense scheme. And despite the region itself being bland as hell the first plasma plot was solid. Neoplasma not so much. And I think we all know how we feel about Flare...
>>
>>28548753
>your typical neighbourhood gangsters
we know Guzma and Kukui were both failed trial captains. We know there are guardians protecting and embodying the natural order of the islands. We know the main plot will involved the UBs who are otherworldly invaders. If Guzma was a candidate for trial captain it's because he embodied some facet of the islands' natural order, although for whatever reasons he wasn't up to snuff. The Aether foundation are working out of a manmade island, a direct intrusion on the natural habitat and mythic order of the islands. Guzma's more than likely using Team Skull to further his ambitions as a trial captain. He's trying to protect the natural order of the islands, albeit through morally questionable means, and he's protecting them from Aether.
>>
File: failed a perception check.jpg (92KB, 600x691px) Image search: [Google]
failed a perception check.jpg
92KB, 600x691px
>>28550075
Gameplay-wise, the purpose of Team Grunts is to be generic badguys for the player to beat.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.