[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the official /vp/ stance on timer-stalling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

What is the official /vp/ stance on timer-stalling?
>>
>>28544759
Who cares?
>>
It is a legitimate and legal technique but it can come across as immoral. Sometimes it robs the better player of a victory.

Personally I'm not against it.
>>
>>28544808
>Sometimes it robs the better player of a victory

A "better player" would not be in the losing position at such a late stage of a match.
>>
>>28544759
it's a win condition, plenty of other competitive games, mostly TCGs and a few fighting games. i don't find anything wrong with it and to win by timer, you have to have a pokemon lead anyway. you could probably increase the vgc match timer to 20 minutes instead of 15 though, 15 feels too short in some instances.
>>
>>28544808
It's not legal, it's against VGC rules really.
>>
Gonna be totally honest. The problem is the timing system used in vgc.

It shouyld be like chess and each player should have 15 minutes. The game would still be 30 minutes max but you wouldnt be able to pull some shit like that.

tldr: pokemon should use chess timers.
>>
>>28544887
mostly TCGs and a few fighting games have it as well* fuck
>>
>>28544759
Holy fuck he's ugly
>>
>>28544902
no it isn't? you have an in-game timer that gives you 45s to select moves and 15 minutes total. as long as you're making moves within those limits, there's nothing illegal about it.
>>
>>28544759
I LOVE VERLIS

ALL OF /VP/ LOVES VERLIS

IF YOU DON'T LOVE VERLIS YOU'RE LYING TO YOURSELF
>>
>>28544887
DOn't know about tcg but in fighting games, it's not turn by turn. The problem with pokemon is that the other player can't literally do anything while you time stall. In SF, you still have to react to the other player's attacks.

>>28544908
would be a great solution
>>
>>28544947
It's against their Fair Play policy.
>>
>>28544952
Who?
>>
>>28544887
It's literally a DQ offense for almost every TCG in existence.
>>
OH MY GOD KILL
>>
>>28544952
Verlis is my furry daddy. :3c
>>
File: ss+(2016-09-15+at+01.04.50).png (45KB, 583x414px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-09-15+at+01.04.50).png
45KB, 583x414px
>>28545064
>>28545007
strictly speaking in the context of VGC where a timer exists. most tcgs don't have a timer.
also this is the only thing in the rules regarding the timer policy for VGC
>>
>>28544887
Few fighting games use time stalling.... Wtf? Name them! Better not say smash because that shit is garbage
>>
>>28545007
Did you not watch this years worlds? There were several instances where people won by time stalling, it's perfectly legal.
>>
File: IMG_1596.jpg (222KB, 533x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1596.jpg
222KB, 533x539px
It makes competitive Pokémon less fun to watch. I'm not gonna whine about it like verlis, but I think it is something that needs to change if they want to make Pokémon a more prominent esport.
>>
>>28545248
The only reason so many people bitched about it is because it happened against a "grrl gamer"
>>
>>28545280
Ah. I hadn't thought of that. So you mean to say that if they change it now they'll look like they're giving into the M'lady crowd?
>>
>>28545214
your opinions on fighting games =/= what fighting games are

also street fighter, persona, tekken, king of fighters all use a timer system.
>>
>>28544902
No
>>
>>28544902
>>28545007
Hello Verlis, stop spouting bullshit that your kid followers aren't here to support you. The rules explicitly state that you can use the entire turn time if you feel the need to, therefore, it's completely legal and it's a legitimate win condition.
>>
>>28545280
Nope, people bitched about it in the finals too

Matches going to timer doesn't usually happen often so newer viewers probably just never saw it before. The stupid thing with the timer in VGC16 is all the long ass legendary animations (primals and Geomancy mainly) that ate around a minute by default
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.