[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (1MB, 2200x1700px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 2200x1700px
Why do people think Pokemon is a childrens game when so many adults play it?
>>
GF's target demographic is children.
>>
>>28544539
Only people like you and pic related honestly believe kids dont play pokemon or that some of the franchise is geared towards them

Congrats on that display of ignorance
>>
>>28544565
/thread
>>
The question is since pokemon go has 80% of it's audience in the 18-22 range are they correct to have children as their main demographic.
>>
>>28544539
The game IS geared to kids on some most aspects, but not exclusively to them and with Ohmori in charge I see this changing to be a bit more aimed towards everyone.

However, only someone really childish avoids himself from enjoying something only because it can be enjoyed by kids.
>>
>>28544646
Really makes you think
>>
>>28544617
well, obviously more grown ups will play pokemon go since you need to be able to move around freely (which kids often can't do on their own) and also genwun only
>>
>>28544617
Yes.

That 20 year old demographic are 90s leftovers and will die soon despite being nu males/females. Children are needed as its a constantly reoccurring source and chance for expansion.

Would you rather care for these 90s nufags and limit yourself further or catch the kids early before something else does?
>>
>>28544691
Why not both? Being for children doesn't equal being easy or watered down. I don't know a single kid that plays only casual shit , but that might be because phones are not a commodity that you can indulge a chillun so he can play
>>
>>28544565
>make it for children
>pokemon being decapitated in the comics, make certain pokémon abduct children (hypno/drifloon), eat souls/dreams (drowzee, litwick, lampent and chandelure), have grudges to children (banette) or make dead kids in forests turn into undead pokémon ( phantump)
4kids in general censor a lot in pokémon to make it look like it's child friendly.
>>
>>28544539
Correction: Why do so many adults consider Pokemon childish, yet the EXACT same people play GO?
>>
>>28544671
>you need to be able to move around freely (which kids often can't do on their own)
Wh-what have you been doing to kids, anon?
>>
>>28545638
>Just because the manga's demographic isn't strictly for children means that everything else is too
The targeted audience for the games and television shows are children.
>>
>>28545638
The manga was made specifically for older audience. The rest is more for kids.
>>
Pretty sure its because its targeted for kids and the anime is kid friendly. but I will assume since MarioZelda,MetroidDonkey-kong ect are also targeted towards kids but is still enjoyable for people of all ages I think pokemons should be seen in the same vein. A family friendly game.
>>
Everyone here knows it's a children's game right?
>>
>>28544539
Because GF eventually wants to make Pokemon as a thing both parents and children can enjoy alike.
And you can tell from some dialogues from Pokemon X/Y.
>>
>>28545638
manga is a fanfic
>>
>>28544617
>since pokemon go has 80% of it's audience in the 18-22 range

Do you have any backup for your knowledge of Pokemon's age range? Or is it entirely anecdotal, and based on the fact that 80% of the people you know are in the 18-22 range?
>>
>>28545719
>>28545755
>>28546204

Manga is also made for kids, PokeSpe being "for adult fans" is a misconception.

Japs just love adding lewdness, gore and the slaughter of gods to everything, kodomo shit included.
>>
>>28544539
>The question /mlp/ has asked themselves for years.
>>
>>28544539
Its for all ages :^)
>>
>>28546959
Exactly
It's rated E for Everyone
>>
>>28544539
It's designed with children and adults in mind just like it's always been.
>>
>>28545638
That shit is normal when targeted at japanese boys for the manga. The other things are folklore and yokai shit which kids in Japan learn about pretty early.
>>
Anything cartoony gets automatically associated with children. Such is the sad state of today.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.