[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What game had the most memorable gym leaders?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: 1470580336812.jpg (125KB, 1024x487px) Image search: [Google]
1470580336812.jpg
125KB, 1024x487px
What game had the most memorable gym leaders?
>>
>>28544210
>Maylene not having Lucario
Wtf are you even doing?
>>
>>28544210
whichever ones were from your first game
>>
>>28544210
I don't really remember any of them.

I remember that lady with the four purple balloons for hair because it looked so weird and like the Drifblimp I had at the time. I also recall the final gym that was for dragon types in Crystal because of the stage.

das it doe
>>
>>28544348
Bullshit.
BW had far more memorable gym leaders than DP and RS combined.
>>
I haven't played every game but fighting your own dad in emerald sticks out to me.
>>
>>28544210
Unova and Johto. I'd even say there isnt much debate in this, though I know people will disagree.
>>
>>
>>28544469
>not remembering at least one entire region's gym leaders
get the fuck out you filthy casual
>>
Literally all gens except XY.
>>
>>28544210

Gen 2, no doubt. I can only remember Hoenn's if I try, but Gen 1 and 2's come effortlessly, and Gen 2 had by far more memorable leaders.
>>
>>28544540
fuck off tripfag
>>
>>28544481
I remember Platinum's leaders for stuff they did like Fantina in contests, Byron training on Iron Island, or Volkner's boredom and constant remodeling.

I remember BW's leaders for telling me to fight Team Plasma over and over.
>>
Going with BW simply because you got to really know the leaders outside of being Gym Leaders.

Also them backing you up before your final fight with N at the Pokemon Leauge is probably the most amazing moment in the entire franchise
>>
>>28544540
>who is pryce?
>>
>>28544554
Every gym leader in Unova had a job. But like, a real job. In Sinnoh I remeber like... one or two? And just because the were original for the time (Fantina and Volkner, mostly).
>>
File: 1467914885128.gif (650KB, 647x363px) Image search: [Google]
1467914885128.gif
650KB, 647x363px
>>28544522
N-no! I'm not even the only one!
>>
>>28544595
Just because they have a job doesn't mean it made them more memorable to me. Sure Elesa is a model, but it doesn't feel like a memorable part to me until B2W2, meanwhile even DP have the decency to, for example, show Roark mining with Rock Smash when you first meet him.

On top of that sometimes Platinum shows character traits not involved with jobs like Gardenia being afraid of ghosts. You don't see much traits in BW leaders other than their profession except "I have good morals"
>>
>>28544254
This
>>
1>5>2>4>3>6

Gen1 is easy, because 1st

Gen5 are easily the most memorable that dont rely on nostalgia

Gen2 should be easier since they are the 2nd, but they are so bland i catch myself forgeting one or 2

Gen4 ones were memorable, but DP as a whole wasnt, so it evens out in a favor of a little forgetful.

Gen3 are really forgettable, and my favorite gen is 3, so you know it's bad.

Gen6 though is literally whos for the most part.
>>
>>28544804
This.
/thread
>>
>>28544629
>theyre not memorable to me because they only do their jobs
>oh but roark doing his job is more memorable

Dumb sinnohfetus... baka
>>
>>28544909
But you see Roark doing his job, I mentioned Elesa because you don't see her doing model work until B2W2 where it's combined with her gym. In BW she has a roller coaster gym which while cool for the city doesn't fit her.

>Implying I'm a sinnohfetus
Started with Blue, faggot
>>
>>28544210
Fantina should have Drifblim and Maylene should have Lucario tb8 famiglia
>>
>>28544210

Platinum and B/W, no contest.
>>
>>28544210

Being able to fight Fantina back in platinum on the first visit was a massive fuck you in difficulty, like holy shit
>>
>>28544210

Being able to fight Fantina back in platinum on the first visit was a massive fuck you in difficulty, like holy shit
>>
>>28544210
The ones that got my dick the hardest desu
>>
>>28545484
>>28545495
I only played Platinum. What's the difference in D/P and Platinum?
>>
>>28544540
>Gen 1
This because it's been around so long, Kanto leaders are memorable but not because of anything other than being the originals
>>
>>28544210
Gen V and VI's are totally forgettable save for one or two of them.

Gen 1, 3 and 4 probably did the best at making them memorable.
>>
>>28545572
Brock and Misty were in the anime during it's golden days of popularity and are pretty much lesser symbols for pokemon to the general public. Giovanni was a meme at one point.
>>
>>
>>28545687
>gen 2
>memorable
Whitney and maybe Clair are the only ones people ever mention.
>>
Platinum > B2W2 > the rest
>>
I remember almost every female gym leader but only a handful post gen 3 males.
>>
>>28544210
Will Gen 7 have memorable gym leaders, or will it somehow be shittier than gen 6?
>>
>>28545572
Pervert
Ash's GF
Raichu killed men in combat
Lesbian gym
Ninja dad or his bitchy daughter
Psychic chick who was super creepy but also irresistably hot
Nigga moved to Seafoam and rocked bitchin shades. Was into some shady shit before the fire
A literal fuckin mob boss who controlled Mewtwo, or alternatively, the rival of the first game.
>>
>>28544512
Facny skyla is doing things to my peenier
>>
Gen 5 and 6 are the only ones i can forget
Grew up with gens 1+2
Replayed sapphire/ruby like 4 times just before gen 4
Played the absolute fuck out 4th gen
I kinda quit at gen 5 but i could still name most of them (didnt play white 2 till oras was out)
And i dont know half of gen 6 because ive only played Y once
>>
>>28545789
Gen 7 has no gym leaders.
>>
It's definitely Kanto. I'd say either Johto or Unova has my favorite gym leaders, but I can't imagine what it would take to think that Kanto's aren't the most memorable if only by sheer repetition and burning in.
>>
File: hoenn_gym_leader.png (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hoenn_gym_leader.png
172KB, 1920x1080px
>>28544210
There's just something about them that makes them really likeable.
>>
>>28545886
Will Gen 7 have memorable Trail Captain's?
>>
>>28544991
This, especially since Gen 5 gym leaders were a part of the major plot towards the end.
>>
>>28544210
>Pokemon are considered to be extinct
>Local gym leader have it
>>
>>28544210
5 so far. This is not up for debate
>>
>>28544943
We also see Leonore in the museum and Drayden running his city like a mayor should
>>
>>28544512
Why does this remind me of Breach.
>>
The only ones i don't care enough to remember are gen 3 and gen 6

If i had to pick one i would be unoriginal and pick gen I. Battling them in my two favourite games obviously tip the balance in their favour. I like gen 5 leaders too for the most part. Gen 2 and 4 are okay.
>>
>>28544348
He has a point. You're more likely to remember gym leaders you saw a lot playing through the games.
If I had to pick a game that had the most Gym Leaders I remember, it'd probably be Gen 3, because I played the fuck out of that game.
However, BW had the gym leaders involved in the plot so you got to see them more, making them at least a little more memorable than some others.

I barely remember the XY leaders, but that may be just because I blew through that game and haven't went back to replay it yet.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.