[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do these fucking hold up to Megas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: 1472765856216.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472765856216.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
With Mega Evos we had something that made alot of pokemon that usually wouldn't of seen any comp play viable , all these seem to be are 1 shot nukes .... what the fuck nintendo
>>
>>28540366
I agree. Megas made it so shit like Beedrill and Banette could be somewhat viable. I have no idea why they would scrap them for a glorified giga impact.

I honestly hope that they aren't scrappibg megas. Gen 6's meta has easily been the mostbalanced one we've ever had, and I would hate to see megas go.
>>
>>28540366
probably not used much
if any pokemon can hold any type

it probably be given to a pokemon that doesn't need an item to be good like Scizor just to one shot counters my guess
>>
>>28540366
At least they arent some retarded supersayain fag storm like megas were. Tbh i hated megas from day one and im glad i have seen any new fuck ups for sun and moon yet. Id be extremely happy if they are removed, but i wont hold my breath.
One shot nukes that you need to strategically time in order to gain an advantage sounds pretty neat to me anon.
>>
File: 1464877012867.png (15KB, 563x587px) Image search: [Google]
1464877012867.png
15KB, 563x587px
>>28540412
>gen 6 had the most balanced meta
>>
>>28540366
Theyre better
>>
>>28540366
Z-moves are literally Gen I Hyper Beam, but only one use.
>>
>>28540412
>Gen 6's meta has easily been the mostbalanced one we've ever had
Dat sarcasm
>>
I don't get it either. It just seems like a slightly improved version of Natural Gift.
>>
>>28540366
>wouldn't of
>>
>>28540366
It's a 100 accuracy 1hko move that can be used to make pokemon like Chansey and Blissey win games by using strategies which require tons of execution :^)
>>
>>28540412
Priority wars is far from balanced.
>>
>>28540366
holy fucking shit, what trailer is this from?
>>
>>28540366
damn this looks like something from ultimate storm
>>
>>28540612
Was it confirmed to be 1HKO? I thought it was just a super duper attack of that type with something like 250-300 BP
>>
>>28540366

What is her Stand's name?
The Chicken?
Chickenfoot?
>>
>>28540366
A lot of megas were inferior to their previous form because they couldn't hold an item.
And the only mega you see all the time are the one that were not necesary whatsoever. If they really did focus on pokemon that needed them i'd be fine with them but nooooooo. Let's give them to metagross, tyranitar, salamence, gyarados and all the already pretty strong pokemons.

Megas made the game as unbalanced as it ever was.
>>
>>28541223
>A lot of megas were inferior to their previous form because they couldn't hold an item
A minority of megas*
>And the only mega you see all the time are the one that were not necesary whatsoever
Kangaskhan
Charizard
Mawile
Venusaur
Manectric
Metagross (which is a shitmon, I don't understand why you put it in the list of Pokemon that didn't need a mega)
Lopunny
Diancie
Altaria
Abomasnow in doubles
Heracross in battle spot singles
Beedrill in UU

>Megas made the game as unbalanced as it ever was
They only added fun and variety.
>>
>>28540366
Simple. No ugly forms.
>>
>>28541305
>designs are more important than gameplay
Retard
>>
>>28540412
Right. That's why they gave megas to only the Pokemon that needed them the most.
>>
>>28541338
Are you implying megas helped gameplay?
>>
>>28541343
They mostly did.
>>
>>28540862
Of course not, Pikachu couldn't even oneshot Rowlet with the Normal one.
>>
>>28540366
I wish the Z-Moves had cool secondary effects or some sort of utility but it literally just seems to be some Hyper Beam/Giga Impact shit except for all types.
>>
>>28540366

They don't really seem like they'll have as much of an impact as mega's to me, but I can see some cool applications. It's nice that all z-move types are available to all pokemon, since now we can have a set like CM Resttalk Suicune with a superpowered psychic move to nuke the pokemon that would typically wall Scald.
>>
>>28541387
I'm not implying it, I'm stating a fact.
Charizard in gen 5:
Shitmon that's outclassed at everything by everything
Charizard in gen 6:
Weather setter, mixed sweeper, physical sweeper (with setup options), special attacker, bulky attacker

Sableye in gen 5:
Prankster user
Sableye in gen 6:
Prankster user, calm mind setter, physical attacker
>>
>>28541401
Only to a handfull. The rest where legendaries, starters, or other popular Pokemon.
>>
>>28540366
>implying everyone playing comp game and not just enjoy the games.

>implying they aren't making them look super strong so people get hyped for them.

Check the video at 1:10 and you see it isn't a 1hit nuke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zehkppM2qqI
>>
>>28540366
>Mega fans actually think they brought balance to the game.
It all makes sense now.
>>
File: 1428117405523.gif (559KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
1428117405523.gif
559KB, 400x276px
>>28540366
>banned
>>
>>28541470
The fact that they're popular doesn't mean that they're good and don't need a mega, same goes for starters.
>>
>>28541482
>>28540366
>Firefang did almost as much damage as Normal-Z.

0 Atk Pikachu Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Nuzleaf: 226-266 (80.4 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Pikachu Fire Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Nuzleaf: 176-210 (62.6 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Now we don't know how strong Litten
but...

Though it didn't deal anywhere near Explosion levels of damage, so it's probably not THAT strong.
>>
File: 1407531932493.gif (212KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
1407531932493.gif
212KB, 525x525px
>>28541522
>using a Z-move makes it impossible to use a mega
>the vice is true as well
I swear to god I can see GF doing this.
>>
>>28541567
Duh? They both require held items. We knew this as soon as they told us about Z-moves. We just don't know how Mega fug works because while it doesn't need an item to mega, it doesn't start the battle already as one, so people are confused.
>>
>>28541505
Megas failed to make Mewtwo regain its status and ORAS ruined everything with Mega Ray and 'mence but, P-Don finally turned the tables on Kyogre and put an end to its rain of terror (pun intended) and Mega Metagross is, if anything, too weak.

GF gave megas to some of the wrong 'mons and made shit like Parental Bond too strong and Adaptability on Lucario was a poor choice. But Megas themselves are nothing but good.
Sharpedo, all of the Starters, Ampharos, Metagross, Mawile, and Beedrill would've never seen anything close to competitive play without it. They deserved the second chance
>>
>>28541661
Z mooves are better. They give equal groumd to all pokemon and can be adjusted per the type of Pokemon that uses it. It would be much easier for GF to balance the game this way.
>>
>>28541807
Beedrill with a Z-move isnt going to be any better than Beedrill without it.

it's also meaningless for pokemon that are supposed to function defensively like Bastiodon or Aggron that are just ... bad defensively.
>>
>>28540366
>implying GF cares about competitive
>implying GF would add megas to the game after adding Z-Moves and alola forms to satiate normies
>>
>>28541807
Except for pokemon that have a defensive role like Ferrothorn or Chansey, these moves are good as useless. And they don't grant boosted stars either to there user, you just give a nuke to your pokemon and that's it. It's still the shitmon you initially had and will still be after you use the move.
>>
>>28540366
This dance is fucking adorable. I now must be the little girl.
>>
>>28540366
Megas aren't gone, in one of the trailers it shows the MC's doing all the stupid ass dances with the little Z-move effects (Like the yellow / orange thing behind), but for the last one it shows the same but the MC doing something different, I will post pic if I find it,
>>
>>28542546
Megas are gone
>>
>>28540497
Z-moves are literally gems being put back in the game
>>
>>28541505
Shhh. Don't bully Charizardfags, they finally had something good happen to their favorite Pokemon.
>>
>>28540412
>scrap mega
Heres your (you)
>>
>>28542546
That's synchro. You know, like Ash-Greninja and so on. There are some images proving that's the same dance and poses Ash does for froge.
>>
>>28540366
I don't get why they only made them nukes. They could have done so much tide-turning shit with this:
>weather/terrain conditions on steroids
>weird Trick Room-like abilities that turn the battle on its head
>moves that super-boost and baton-pass in one turn

Instead of focusing on DBZ finisher moves they should have thought of them as potential win conditions.
If these turn out to be squandered potential at least we can hope GF will make up for it with the Sinnoh remakes.
>>
>>28542546
>>28542559
>>28542636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA
at 2:01
The MC does something different, and it looks different too.
>>
>>28542714
Start up to the dance, it flashes the zpower symbol.
>>
>>28542735
Never seen it anywhere else, its much different to all of the other ZMove dances and why would it be at the end?
>>
>>28540366
They don't
>>
>>28542559
(you)
>>
>>28542770
>never seen it
Because hes ACTIVATING THE ZPOWER. The dance correlates to the type. Thats how it works. It fucking flashes the zpower symbol.
>>
>>28541807
Z-moves are just 1 time use nukes. It doesn't make shitmon more viable, because you can just stick a z-crystal on a viable mon and it will have the same effect, while also not wasting a slot on a shitmon.

>>28541661
I agree that megas were a good idea for balancing, but yeah, they were done so poorly initially, like giving legendaries and psuedos megas, instead of buffing shit that actually needed it. I wonder if they will retcon specific megas (highly unlikely). Because I think either new evos and/or megas for finished lines are pretty necessary for shitmons to bring them up to par.
>>
>>28540366
They really don't. At least with Megas, your pokemon gets powered up and can hold on its own in battle at the cost of an item wich I think it's a fair trade considering the boost in power. Z-moves are nothing but a one-time use nukes that don't even give a boost in power to the pokemon and taking away the item slot which in this case IS bad cause your shitmon is now holding dead weight.
>>
>>28541034
C H I C K E N B U T T
>>
>>28541299
spotted the autistic cocksucker
>>
>>28540366
>1 shot nukes
sounds fucking sick
>>
>>28542952
He can't be one if he's right.
>>
>>28541404
>normal
It had a yellow backdrop the same shade as Pikachus electric moves.
>>
>>28541567
>using one held item requires you to not use another one
No shit
>>
>>28541470
You do realize the majority were shitmon prior to getting megas right?
And that includes pokemon like charizard.
>>
>>28542714
Megas are gone.
>>
>>28543219
>removing a core mechanic ever
>>
>>28541661
>all of the Starters
>blaziken
>swampert
>possibly venusaur
>>
>>28541807
Except it won't you fucking retard. Giving these powerful moves to every pokemon only makes the more powerful pokemon stronger.

For example, would you rather give your insane 300 bp Ice move to a Weavile, with great speed and attack to amplify the move's usability, or to a fucking Cryogonal, who isn't going to be able to do anything with it that Weavile can't do better?
>>
You fuckers are acting like you don't use a STAB move once you mega evolve.
>>
>>28544604
>Giving these powerful moves to every pokemon only makes the more powerful pokemon stronger.
Unless you make it so that lower stat pokemon have more powerful Z move attacks.
Inverted scaling.
>>
I'm pretty hype.

>more stall breaking
>non-offensive pokemon are more viable now
>non-STAB coverage making weak elemental types like Ice more viable

This is a good thing for the meta. The only thing I'm worried about is single player. If most trainers I battle only have 1 or 2 pokemon, it's just going to make the game even easier.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.