[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Think up some competitive niches >A pokemon that receives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10

File: ou-logo-1024x576.png (315KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ou-logo-1024x576.png
315KB, 1024x576px
ITT: Think up some competitive niches

>A pokemon that receives a Quiver Dance boost if a mon with >550 BST is switched in on it or if it is switched in on a mon >550 BST
>>
File: g.png (106KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
g.png
106KB, 165x115px
"Superancient Power"
Type: Rock | 60 BP | 5 PP | 100%
Effect: 20% chance to increase Attack, Sp. Attack, Defense, Sp. Defense, Speed
>>
>Grappler
>Does double damage with "throw" moves
>>
A dragon type with technician for huge damage dragon breaths, dual chops and dragon tails.

Something with Protean, high speed and Me First for sick memes.

A dark type with sticky hold.

An electric type with unburden and electro ball
>>
>>28535958
>Mega scizor
>overused
>>
Grass/Fire type with Chlorophyll
>>
>>28535958
>A pokemon with a ability that randomly switches between having a fire, water and grass typing at the start of each turn.

>A pokemon with a voodoo inspired ability that causes enemies to take damage whenever it does

>A pokemon with the ability to cast transform on other pokemon temporarily
>>
>>28536096
>serene grace
>>
>Ability: Slippery
>Every 2nd turn, attack order/priority is reversed.
Example: Turn #1, priority move hits first, then highest speed mon if no priority was in play, then slowest mon/lowest priority.
Turn #2: lowest priority move hits first, then slowest mon, then fastest mon, then highest priority.

>Move: Suspension
>For 2-5 turns, all stage hazards are removed from the field. When the effect ends, the stage hazards return and hit every 'mon on the field.
Example: Stealth Rocks are up on your side, Toxic Spikes are up on the opposing side. The opponent uses Suspension, then they switch out. One turn later, they take Stealth Rock damage and Toxic Spikes, and you also take Stealth Rock damage and Toxic Spikes.
>>
>>28536129
>| 25 | Scizor-Mega | 8.74963% | 455045 | 6.687% | 342676 | 6.752% |

Yes.
>>
>Blizzard weather
>Pokemon without an Ice typing lose one stage of speed each turn.
>>
>Gambler
stat boosting moves have 50/50 to max stat or deal 50% damage to user.
>>
>>28535958
a pokemon that gets doubled stats if its doubles partner has <200 BST
>>
>>28537766
>still no ice teams viable
>>
>>28536120
>A dark type with sticky hold.
how does that help anyone in anyway
>>
>>28537801
>whiteknighting
>>
A Pokemon with Simple and Coil. Bonus points for it having lots of low-accuracy moves to go with Coil.
>>
A fast Ice/Fighting type with Technician Frost Breath and Storm Throw

A pokemon with Magician and U-turn/Volt Switch
>>
A Grass/Fire Pokemon with Drought, Solar Beam, Growth and Synthesis.
>>
>>28540304
A Grass-type with Drought, Growth and Baton Pass.
>>
Any attacker with Technician and STAB-unavoidable attacks (Aerial Ace, Feint Attack, Swift, etc.)
>>
Something with reverse defeatist.
>>
new ability: Multi-Limbed

it allows the Pokemon to have a second ability
>>
File: 1472075599489.png (53KB, 248x314px) Image search: [Google]
1472075599489.png
53KB, 248x314px
>>28541781
>>
Fairy/Water bubble-based creature with Levitate

High stats overall like pseudo tier but with HP leading out the most, gets Recover, gets Refresh, gets Heal Bell

Controlled by having its strongest STAB moves be Bubblebeam and Dazzling Gleam
>>
>>28541781
What's the point...
>>
Bulky Grass/Fighting type with Horn Leech, Drain Punch and a new ability that increases the power of draining-moves.
>>
File: 1473279289027.png (170KB, 384x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473279289027.png
170KB, 384x400px
>>28541781
>>
A Pokemon that only learns Metronome, but has an ability that doubles the base power of all moves.
>>
>>28536096
"Hyperancient Power"
Effect: 30% chance to increase Attack, Sp. Attack, Defense, Sp. Defense, Speed
>>
>>28535958
Chansey with prankster
>>
>>28542335
"Ultraancient Power"
Effect: 40% chance to increase Attack, Sp. Attack, Defense, Sp. Defense, Speed
>>
>>28536096
>>28542335
>>28542419
Pokemon with Technician and STAB Ancient Power / Silver Wind / Ominous Wind.
>>
"Gamble"
Type: Dark
50% chance to increase all stats by 1
50% chance to decrease all stats by 1
>>
Poison/Electric with Levitate. Only weak to Psychic and resists Fighting, Fairy, Flying, Bug, Poison, Steel, and Electric. It would be a great defender and at least check many common mons. Excadrill rapes it, though.
>>
Contrary Close-Combat abuser
Rock/Electric sweeper with Rock Head/Reckless and access to Head Smash+Volt Tackle
>>
Bug-steel pokemon with flash fire
>>
>>28540304
A Fire Pokemon with Drought, [fire move], Solarbeam, Growth and Synthesis that mega evolves into a Fire/Grass Pokemon with Chlorophyll
>>
>>28538575
to overcounter knock off I think,other than that it's still not very useful tho
>>
File: 1473868729373.jpg (720KB, 991x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1473868729373.jpg
720KB, 991x1400px
A Pokemon with high SpD, ATK, and SpA that gets Regenerator and learns U-Turn, Volt Switch, Knock Off, Drain Punch, and Giga Drain. Either Fighting/Electric, Fighting/Dark, or Grass/Electric type would be ideal. Give me my fucking perfect Assault Vest mon.
>>
>>28535958
>Swordman
>Ability that buffs all cutting like attacks
>also, increases the Attack raised by Swords Dance to 3 levels.

>Some Pokémon are retconned to have this ability, including Mega Gallade.
>>
>>28541781
>Second ability
>Multi-limbed
>4 abilities
>>
>>28538607
very few Physical moves have low accuracy, strangely

But a Poison/Dragon with Simple, Coil, Gunk Shot, Dragon Rush, and Stone Edge would kick a lot of ass, especially if it had enough speed to kill of Fairies
>>
>>28542480
having one counter isn't exactly a flaw
>>
>>28541238
Delivers got dat Hustle which is the same for Aerial Ace. Other moves tho..
>>
Rock/Ice type with Defense Curl, Rollout and Ice Ball
Bug/Flying type with Technician Bug Bite and Pluck
Fire-type with Technician Flame Charge
Ghost-type with Sunkern-level stats, but Normalize
>>
>>28541896
so worse azumarrill?
>>
>>28542865
Give the last one Skill Swap as well
>>
>>28542920
Or even better, Entrainment.
>>
>>28542865
>>28541238
Scyther exists guys.

>>28542499
YES.

>>28541781
Now, that's what I call useless.
>>
Electric/Ice type with Defiant and Ice Shard, a fast mixed attacker.
This kills the genies.

Special Fighting type with No Guard and Focus Blast. This kills those retarded Heatran-Ferrothorn cores.

Dark type with Technician, high attack, and Rapid Spin. This kills spinblockers and makes pursuit still do decent damage even when they don't switch.

Bulky Ground/Fire type with Levitate and a decent recovery move (Roost, I guess). This kills Landorus/Manectric cores.

Bulky Mummy user with recovery. Cofagrigus not learning Recover is a crime. It would nullify so many pokemon that depend on abilities.

Alternatively, a fast bulky pokemon with Klutz that learns both Trick and Entrainment. This screws with both items and abilities.

Electric/Psychic type that can switch in on any of Keldeo's moves and kill it in one shot. Also learns Nasty Plot so it can set up while the Keldeo player wastes a turn switching out.
>>
>>28543129
Alola Raichu probably gets Nasty Plot since regular Raichu does... Think it will be bulky enough to counter Keldeo?
>>
File: 1471225993745.jpg (54KB, 248x240px) Image search: [Google]
1471225993745.jpg
54KB, 248x240px
Technician Weavile.
>>
Cofagrigus but fairy and/or steel type with reliable recovery

Shedinja with wonder guard that also acts like magic guard. So it truly only takes damage from attacks only
>>
>>28543129
>Keldeo used Hydro Pump
It'd have to be a Grass-type instead, and Celebi does exist
Maybe a Grass/Fairy instead to avoid crippling weaknesses of other Fighting resists paired with Grass
>>
>>28543384
electric resists water, bro.
>>
Slaking but with Stall
>>
>>28542379
>Chansey with prankster
This is AG tier
>>
-ate rapid spin

literally any special rock move being added ever
>>
>>28543408
Lmao
>>
>>28543444
>AG
What?
>>
>>28543560
Anything Goes. It's a tier in Smogon that's basically Mega-Fug's own sandbox for being too OP for Ubers
>>
A Chansey/Shuckle-like Pokemon stat-wise with Stamina.
>>
>>28542468
So worse Moody?
>>
>>28542906
Azumarill is offensive, bubble mon would be proper defensive, plus it has Levitate so it walls stuff like Garchomp, Lando-T, Hydreigon, and Excadrill.
>>
I want a pokemon that gives rectal cancer to anyone who uses priority moves.

Needing priority to counter priority is fucking retarded.
>>
>>28547575
>excadrill
yeah a fairy type with levitate wall a steel type with access to mold breaker

>>28547689
>what is bruxish
>>
Innards Out 1 Defense/1 Special Defense/255 HP
>>
>>28547689
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dazzling_(Ability)
>>
>>28542697
Glavenus?
>>
>Ragequit: Automatically switches you out if one of your moves is avoided or fails.
Give it a bunch of powerful but inaccurate moves, sucker punch, good speed and offences and you have a sweeper that's pretty hard to touch, even with crap defences.

>Can't think of a name for this one, but an ability that increases by 50% percent the damage of all attacks that do fixed damage (stuff like Dragon Breath, seismic toss)
This could be good on a pokemon with good defence but shitty offences, like chansey.
>>
>>28549036
>increases by 50% percent the damage of all attacks that do fixed damage
Why stop there? You could make it do DOUBLE damage!
>>
>>28541669
>Schooling
>>
>>28536279
I like those last two a whole lot.
>>
A Special-oriented Parental Bond Pokemon with mediocre offensive stats, but a lot of moves that buff the user or weaken the opponent through effects like Icy Wind, Snarl, or Ominous Wind.
>>
>>28535958
>ability that auto-sets any of the -room statuses
>pokemon with an ability that copies stat boosts/reductions on switch-in, but has shit stats outside of speed
>ability that reverses thee weaknesses/resistances of all pokemon in-battle
>>
>super luck
>unique item that boosts crit chance by 2 stages
>learns all high crit ratio slash clones
Just give farfetch'd a green onion samurai evo with decent stats ffs
>>
Here are some abilities I created in this thread a while back: >>28366398

Water Down:
All poison and water type moves become BOTH poison and water type.

Last stand:
If the rest of the team is KO'd, all of your stats are boosted by one stage.

Colorblind:
All moves done by and against the Pokemon become typeless.

Wimpmaker:
If you bring an enemy's health below half, or attack them while their health is below half, forces them to switch out (what I hope Wimpod's final evo will have)

Efficient:
If an attack has a secondary effect, removes that effect but the move has a perfect accuracy (like swift). Does not work on 1-hit KO moves.

Learner: If one of your attacks misses, increases accuracy by 2 stages.

Jack of all trades:
All moves gain a x1.2 boost in power, but the user loses STAB

Trick Warrior:
The role of offences and defences are switched.
ie: Using swords dance will make you more durable.

Amusement:
Raises Attack and Special Attack by one stage when hit by a not very effective move.
>>
Hoenn Form of Wishiwashi that happens to Water/Electric with great bulk and attack (think Magnazone)
>>
File: 250px-538Throh.png (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-538Throh.png
55KB, 250x250px
>>28536108
Wish granted, here's your Nichemon
>>
>>28547575
>azumarill is offensive
t. faggot who has never seen a sap sipper azumarill before
>>
>>28535958
overused
underused
neverused
Does smogon have just a regular used tier? Or is that Ubers?
>>
>>28542499
>no legit contrary superpower spinda ever again
>>
The ultimate Stallbreaker:

Fire/Grass
Ability: Mold Breaker
HP- 80
Atk- 64
Def- 84
SpA- 85
SpD- 100
Spe- 86

Ideal set: Leftovers with Taunt, Nasty Plot/Synthesis/Rest, Energy Ball, and Flamethrower

It's immune to burns and Leech Seed, one point faster than Suicune and Cresselia, can 2HKO Suicune with an Energy Ball as long as you run 252 Modest SpA, boosts in stall's face, Taunts through Magic Bounce, ignores Unaware, and One-shots Ferrothorn. Only thing they can do about you is Chansey, but you have base 80 HP meaning you can survive 2 Seismic Tosses without any HP investment and wear it down since you can keep taunting to keep it from using Softboiled. Only 499 BST to keep all the top stall threats in check? Sounds like a winner!
>>
>>28549237
>is literally a differently flavored defeatist
>>
>>28550616
OU is the main and most played tier. Basically, smogon has two types of tiers: usage based tiers and banlists. All pokemon that have less than 50% chance of being encountered after 20 games get sent to the tier below it. Banlists are for pokemon that don't have the usage required to jump to the tier above it, but are considered too strong for their own tier.
All pokemon start at OU, and then work their way down from here. Ubers is OU's banlist.
>>
>>28543444
Why? I don't use chansey and have never looked up sets or anything
>>
>>28550744
I bet Wishiwashi lose defense and special defense too when it reverts to its normal form, so it's actually a much worse defeatist.
>>
>>28550833
Chansey has the second highest HP in the game as well as a very nice special defence. Its defence stat is shit, but with eviolite it's a very solid wall overall. It learns a bunch of healing moves, but has shit speed, so prankster would let it abuse those. Don't know about AG tier, but it would certainly be even better.
>>
>>28550921
Except Wishiwashi's school form stats are almost certainly through the roof. Someone calculated from the trailers it had at least 150 base special attack, and at most 200 something.
>>
>>28550785
The borderline tiers did always seem stupid to me; I get that they're essentially things that, for instance, UU don't want but OU don't recognise due to insufficient usage, but given that there's no borderline metagame, they are for all intents and purposes OU; they're allowed in all the same metagames and banned in all the same metagames, so why even make the distinction?
>>
>>28551003
Because overused is based on usage.
For all intents you could list BL Pokemon as OU, but you'd still want to differentiate between banned from UU and OU based on usage.
>>
>>28551003
I don't know. I guess it's to keep smogon primarily a usage based metagame. If you started banning mons to the tier above it, then it could start a slippery slope of wanted to move mons that are shit in their own tier to the tier below it, which would throw into question the entire point of the usage based tiers.
>>
>>28548681
You know Water resists Steel, right? And Sand Rush is the one to worry about more since it has Life Orb or Swords Dance.

>>28550136
I knew some fag would nitpick this, which is why I said PROPER defensive regarding the bubble mon. You don't see defensive Azu that often because its recovery options are dogshit and it's forced to run Restalk.
>>
>>28542629
but being a dark type solves nothing
best way would be to give sticky hold to a psychic type
>>
>>28536279
>voodoo
what is rough skin
>>
>>28551650
Sticky Hold is pretty awful. It doesn't prevent Knock Off from getting the 50% boost like you'd think it should.
>>
File: 20160708_173951.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160708_173951.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>28549036
>ragequit high jump kick
>>
>>28550943
Oh cool thanks anon.
>>
>>28552152
You're welcome.
>>
>>28543408
Kek
>>
>>28536150
>Grass/Fire type
yes!

>with Chlorophyll
no...
>>
>>28547575
>being this low elo

azumarril can played very well defensive, it is actually better in OU 99% of the time, and I call about higher elo 1900+ not low shit you guys are into.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.