[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon TCG/O General Smug Zack Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 44

File: Smug Zack.jpg (39KB, 431x361px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Zack.jpg
39KB, 431x361px
Old
>>28487159

New? Start here
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Your old IRL cards are probably fake or not worth caring about. Check TrollandToad, eBay, and TCGplayer instead of asking.

TotT: Will the new PTCGO update ruin your chat expirence?
>>
>>28529614
>Will the new PTCGO update ruin your chat expirence?
what update?
>>
>>28529723
selecting chat options from a list
>>
>>28529723
This one:
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/46391-preview-of-version-239-match-chat-new-tutorial-generic-deckboxes-and-bug-fixes/
New theme decks and ninja boy fix is great but I loved the old cancerous chat
>>
>>28529785
>Three new theme decks will be unlocked when you log in to version 2.39 for the first time: Born of Fire, Hidden Depths, and Crushing Current

>The XY: Basic Green, XY: Basic Red, and XY: Basic Blue theme decks will be no longer available to new players in version 2.39.

Good, new players can no longer get the best theme decks.
Maybe the new theme decks will be Moltres(Fire), Zapdos(Current), and Lugia(Depths)
>>
Should I spend coins on Roaring Skies packs in order to maybe get the odd Shaymin-EX from them or should I rather dump them into theme decks and tournaments?

>>28529827
The decklists are in that same thread.
>>
>>28529785
>ninja boy fix
thank god ill be able to play the theme deck i bought
>>
>>28530030
being a shitter with no cards id say roaring skies but thats because out of the 5 ticket tournies ive done ive gotten 0 wins
>>
>>28530030
Your coins, your choice
But it might be better to buy the cards you need before spending coins on the shaymin lottery
>>
Call of Legends packs with the new shop bundle. The promos look shit, should I bother getting four sets for the sake of the packs?
>>
>>28530157
>Call of Legends
Not even worth it
>>
File: Crushing Current Preview.jpg (125KB, 899x564px) Image search: [Google]
Crushing Current Preview.jpg
125KB, 899x564px
>>28529827
>>28530030
The water list doesn't seem to be too bad. Really could have used a rough seas for Seaking. Delta Plus Articuno and Splash energy will be annoying.
>>
Hello, friends. I'm beginning to get into the TCG real version, and would like some advice. Is there any water/electric or Water/grass decks out there with a pretty good build? I have a water/grass deck but had to toss a few of my main backers (from other outdated series) and now I really think I should start from scratch.
>>
>>28530104
>mfw I've won the last 2 out of 3 tourneys I've been in with this current deck
>Other I lost at the finals due to losing to meme march (opponent sacked off 6 mons before my first turn).
>>
Hrm, did they change the coin blisters into full boosters?

To be fair to myself, I hadn't checked the shop in like a year.
>>
>>28530250
should i play expanded/legacy instead of standard are there more meme decks in those?
>>
File: Born of Fire Preview.jpg (123KB, 909x572px) Image search: [Google]
Born of Fire Preview.jpg
123KB, 909x572px
>>28530222
The fire one is immediately gimped since xy basic blue still exists.
>>
>>28530239
Hate to tell you but decks dont work like that. This isnt magic, you cant just make a 'blue' deck. You make a deck based around supporting a central attacker or two.
>>
File: Crushing Current.jpg (111KB, 911x469px) Image search: [Google]
Crushing Current.jpg
111KB, 911x469px
>>28530399
If you can't start Zapdos or Kangaskhan, you probably have to concede.
>>
>>28530222

This is really decent
>>
>>28530239
the other anon is right, that's not how you build any more.

That said, water/electric does throw up some good combos. For one thing there's a stadium that benefits just those two types. Have a google for Jolteon-EX/Glaceon-EX/Regice deck. Tournaments haven't begun yet, so nothing is officially tiered by results. It'll probably be Tier 3 or lower. A new card Pokemon Ranger, hurts it very badly. Assuming people play the thing.

It's not even on this list, but this is good reading for the top decks, maybe you find something you like the sound of: http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/09/11/2016-2017-early-season-pokemon-tcg-standard-tier-list/
>>
Is there a meta for expanded?
>>
>>28530936
Every regional tournament last year was expanded with a good chunk of Cities also being expanded. So... yeah.
>>
>>28530454
>>28530862

Thanks alot friends!
I'll use my Mega Rayquaza EX for main attacker then, supported by water types such as Articuno that can search deck for energy. :)
>>
>>28531028
The only support cards M Rayquaza needs are Shaymin-EX and Hoopa-EX. If you want you can throw in either Magearna-EX, Manaphy EX, Volcanion-EX or Jolteon-EX.
>>
>>28531023
Any notable cheapish decks?
>>
>>28531048
Oh boy. Thats... alot of ex I dont own. Time to buy cards..
>>
Does someone here happen to have 2 Milotic and Crawdaunt from Primal Clash and a Porgygon-Z (Digital Reboot) and Porygon2 from Ancient Origins?

I've been trying to get thsoe fucking things for days to make this meme-tastic devolve M Alakazam deck I saw on youtube and I can't manage to find them on eithe public trade nor in the chat if my life depended on it.
>>
>>28531109
Yup.

>Vespiquen/Flareon
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/autumn-regional-championships/2015/decks/lancaster/masters/

>Sableye/Garbodor
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/autumn-regional-championships/2015/decks/vancouver/masters/

>Night March
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/autumn-regional-championships/2015/decks/fortwayne/masters/

>Raikou/Eelektrik
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/winter-regional-championships-2016/decks/florida/masters/

>Trevenant BREAK
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/spring-regional-championships-2016/decks/washington-masters/

Of course, with all the new sets released in the last year, you'll have to update these decks as appropriate. And you'll have to play to the meta. But this should be a good starting point.
>>
Getting a shaymin-ex question.

If I just group all of the packs I win to about 30-40 of different sets. Would I be able to trade for a shaymin or do people only do 30-50 packs of the same set for a shaymin?
>>
>>28531349
Saw a 30x BT, 30x AO offer earlier, so mixed offers are definitely possible.
>>
>>28530518

I think this may be BDITF.
>>
>>28531341
Thanks kind stranger
>>
File: IMG_3083.jpg (52KB, 640x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3083.jpg
52KB, 640x767px
Thanks to the anon who pointed me to the Mew/Two Collection box. The promo code worked (F7V8H7U) and save me a decent amount. I did not know it was a Barnes and Noble exclusive til October.
>>
>>28531831
Still way over price, but Damn. I just want the Mewtwo card.
>>
File: IMG_4368.jpg (1MB, 3264x1532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4368.jpg
1MB, 3264x1532px
>>28531865
I just want the Mew. Really bad.
>>
>>28531303
yes, but they are hard to come by. What's it worth?
>>
Anyone want to swap and FA Shaymin for RA Shaymin + packs?
>>
>>28532309
The Porygon-Z in foil goes for around 1 pack, so I guess it'd be something around 3 or so rares in non-foil. The others I have no idea since I literally never saw them listed ever apart from huge junk trades, which probably also means that they're not too valuable. Milotic is also included in a theme deck, so it's probably also not too expensive.

Porygon2 can't possibly be worth anything apart from random junk, considering it's a common AND part of a deck.
>>
>>28532428
I'd be willing to. How many packs did you have in mind?
>>
>knock out 30 mons with your evolved pokemon
>oh that'll be easy I run mega scizor pfft
>oh wait... I usually fight mega decks...
>which give me 2 prizes each...
This is gonna be a looooong road. Good thing I have a few days...
>>
>>28532428
>>28532463
Wait, what are you giving? Got a FA.
>>
>>28532463
10 AOR?
>>
Have they reverted the UI yet, or at least made it more bearable?
>>
>>28531341
will night march be playable at all in expanded now that karen is releasing next week?
>>
>>28532837
No.

Neither will Vespiquen.
>>
He's waiting.
>>
>>28532837
Yes it will still be playable
Not many decks have the space to tech in Karen.
>>
>>28533039
God damn you piece of shit, fuck you I'm trying to get the spaghetti out of my pockets you fucking hell piece of shit holy fuck calm down and wait a minute.

>>28533155
Quite a few decks have actually been struggling with Sacred Ash going down the drain, I actually see this as a buff to them and direct issue for this kind of deck.

Off the top of my head: Rainbow Road, Despair Gard, Rayquaza EX

Not really important in expanded mind you but I'm sure a lot of decks would appreciate the ability to bring back all their staples with just one card and clog their opponent down who had used compressor and shit.
>>
>>28533155
If cutting one card in my deck meant turning two matchups into auto-wins, I think I could find the room.
>>
>>28533155
>opponent discards 8 night marchers
>Blows through half their deck
>Use Karen
>they keep drawing night marchers and nothing else

My body is ready
>>
Man every build I've tried of Scizor has been super janky. Almost all of my openers being dead, being unable to hit a hammer, never finding mega turbos, etc. And even then I've won a bit more than half my games. But I can see that if you actually draw well the deck would be good.
>>
>>28531865
>>28531962
If you don't want all the other junk that it comes with, just buy the card off ebay.
It's better then dropping $70 bucks.

I want them both, but god. That price is not for my cheap ass.
>>
Is there a Standard deck that will destroy M Scizor + Garbodor and Glaceon + Jolteon + Regice decks while being decent against everything else?
>>
>>28534264
Volcanion EX.
>>
>>28532481

Is this a new challenge? I just went to my challenges and it said I've already completed it but I honestly don't remember doing so.
>>
>>28529614
Phones not compatible, is there a safe way around this or do I just cry more? I have a galaxy s7
>>
>>28534630
Download the apk off of Google, works good on my moto g4 even though Google says not compatible
>>
What's a good fire deck?
>>
>>28530518
But there are two raichu that hit for 100 damage for two energy. that's madness.
>>
>>28534264
Some dark build with 3 Fright Night Yveltal as the main attacker and Yveltal EX as a finisher. Fright Night Yveltal is super good right now.
Ninja Boy sounds great for utility in that kind of shell, shame he is banned online.
>>
>TotT: Will the new PTCGO update ruin your chat expirence?
Yes. No more telling people I'm doing shit challenges, them telling me they're doing the same, and us working together to finish them.
>>
Does anyone have a Portrait Smeargle they wanna trade for PF or roar packs?
>>
>>28529785
Nice, I hope the trainer challenges reset tho.
>>
How many RS is Shaymin EX Full Art worth?
>>
>>28529614
hah wow, they're seriously doing this? Brought to you by the same people that thought animations were a good idea. Idiots.
>>
File: but what kind.jpg (139KB, 1286x752px) Image search: [Google]
but what kind.jpg
139KB, 1286x752px
I think Zach is telling me what kind of deck to build next.
>>
>>28536507
26-28 RS
>>
Just an FYI if no one noticed, the B&N promo Mew EX and Mewtwo EX are added into the client and are legal for Standard now.
>>
http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/09/20th-anniversary-set
Evolutions is pretty awful overall aside from gimmicky cards like starmie, arcanine, and raticate.
>>
File: doduo.jpg (158KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
doduo.jpg
158KB, 675x1200px
>>28540609
>Including unplayable cards in an official set.
>>
File: exeggutor.jpg (167KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
exeggutor.jpg
167KB, 675x1200px
>>28540792
Hopefully the direct reprints are actually uncommon.
>>
>have 1 BKP pack
>put a 1 BKP <> 2 Mew promo offer
>get Mews, propose one of each or Golem EX Gen
>get Golems, propose for Houndoom BKT
>get Houndooms, propose for Wailord PRC
>get Wailords, propose for Giratina AOR
>get Giratinas

1 BKP -> 2 Giratinas

thx leddit!
>>
>get new challenges
>750 damage with fire Pokemon or evolve 7 fight Pokemon
>only have the basic fire theme decks
>both challenges Versus-only
Ugh.
>>
>>28541301
It's versus or tournament.

Did you not buy Dark Hammer before it rotated out?
That deck had a lot of decent staples and was good for fighting challenges.

I also meme hard for evolve challenges for type decks I don't run, just put 4 wallys, 4 ultra, balls, 4 N, 4 Sycamore, 4 Evolution Sodas, 4 Fanclub, and just wait to get the mons to evolve. The point is not to win but to evolve as many mons as I can in a match.
>>
>>28540609
Competitive Cards:
>Mewtwo
Usable as anti-M Mewtwo tech or generic secondary attacker, can replace Lugia EX
>Mewtwo EX
Alternative to Damage Swap for the mirror, better than bluetwo
>Dragonite EX
M Garde dream
>Rattata
Only viable tool removal in format, hits FFB

Viable Cards:
>Arcanine
Float Stone + Max Potion juggle, would really benefit from Muscle Band + Blacksmith
>Raticate
Only needs 3 to hit magic, better than BP
>M Charizard (Expanded)
Blacksmith + DCE + gimmicks like Clawitzer, very fast with spirit link
>Beedrill
FoGP, easy setup
>Starmie
Volcanion EX tech
>Electrode
Meta-dependent accelerator

Usable/Forcable Cards:
>M Pidgeot
>Charizard
>Gym Badge

Disappointments:
>Machamp Break
>Nidoking Break
>All Supporters

Overall, this is an average set on par with what we've seen before. Only a handful of meta cards, a lot of fun cards, and a shitload of filler, like every other pack.
>>
>>28541355
I only came back into the game like 2 weeks ago and wasn't smart enough to spend the coins I had left on Dark Hammer in time.
>>
>>28540609
Really few good cards, shit set.

Can be used in tiered decks:
-Starmie
-Hitmonchan
-Raticate
-Mewtwo
-Dragonite EX

"Fight Alone Lucario" level of usefulness:
-Ninetales / BREAK
-Arcanine
-Poliwrath
-Machamp / BREAK

The rest are shit.

I guess the meta wont change till we get SM1 then.
>>
>All Psychic Pokemon still have an extra [C] cost, because Japan kept Dimension Valley
>All Fire Pokemon still have 3+ energy costs and full discards, because Japan kept Blacksmith
>All Fighting Pokemon are balanced around item turbo, because Japan kept Korrina
>All Stage 1/2/Break Pokemon still do subpar math, because Japan kept Muscle Band and Crobat
WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING
EXPECT THIS FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS
>>
File: 20160915_095809.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_095809.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Got some codes for y'all (and a box opening, forgot to post here yesterday)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLl5jLeu_js
>>
>>28541575
H-hey, our metagame and their metagame is d-different.

It's not like they purely pander to the japanese and release cards only for them or anything anon and thus balance the game on them!
>>
File: 20160915_095816.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_095816.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Got a League Challenge this weekend, and I'm still debating between using a M Gardevoir deck or Greninja Break. How viable are either of those now?
>>
>>28541679
Greninja break will get shit on unless you get lucky draws, everyone is using Garbodor now which kills Greninja's break whole gimmick.

Try Rainbow Road or Scizor depending on what's popular in your scene. M-Mewtwo is still staple and good.
>>
>>28541575
Who cares?

They have to adapt to our meta for worlds anyways.

Its not like they will be able to play those cards at worlds next year.
>>
>>28541679
The deck you should use depends on the meta around your area.

Too much Scizor? Play Volcanion
Too much Mewtwo? Play Gardevoir
Few Parallel Cities? Play Rayquaza
Varied meta? Play Mega Mewtwo
Too many megas but few Scizors? Play Xerneas BREAK - Griatina
Too many megas inc Scizors? Play Darkrai - Giratina
You are poor? Play Yanmega BREAK - Vespiquen - Klefki - Unown.
You are poor as fuck? Play Rainbow Road.
Its last year? Play Greninja
>>
>>28541721
You're not getting it. That's exactly the point, dude.
These cards are all balanced around a format that literally doesn't matter.
For the next two years, all upcoming Psychic/Fire/Fighting/non-Basic Pokemon will range between underpowered to straight-up unusable because they're dependent on and balanced around cards we literally cannot use.
MAYBE we'll get lucky and they'll print something like M Mewtwo that doesn't rely on D Valley, but those are exceptions and not the rule.
>>
>>28541838
Looking at the tiered decks typing we have:

Fire (1)
Metal (1)
Colorless (1)
Psychic (2)
Fairy (3-4)
Dark (2)

And that's not counting rogue, so I'd say the metas in good shape without those cards.
>>
File: 1467783861100.png (113KB, 245x258px) Image search: [Google]
1467783861100.png
113KB, 245x258px
>>28541776
yeah, I don't really know what the meta's gonna look like, desu. Haven't been since that weird week before rotation.

Last tourney I went 1-2, won against a guy who had nothing but Zygarde/Regirock and I beat him with a Carbink because he had nothing but EXs. :v
>>
File: 1467791222955.png (221KB, 982x429px) Image search: [Google]
1467791222955.png
221KB, 982x429px
>>28542036
>wordfilters

I had a friend hit me up asking if I had any foil lightning energies because apparently there's something going on with Magic the Gathering, some new game mode or something. Does anyone know what that's about?
>>
>>28542002
You're genuinely not understanding what the problem here is. I don't know how to put it more plainly than I already have.

Upcoming and current cards are designed and balanced around the Japanese meta, meaning cards like D Valley and Blacksmith.
Steam Siege and Evolutions have shown this. It's not coincidence, they're doing it intentionally.
>>
>>28542144
Examples?
>>
File: MTG Energy.jpg (80KB, 847x479px) Image search: [Google]
MTG Energy.jpg
80KB, 847x479px
>>28542099
For that mtg thing I assume he wants to use cards instead of dice.
>>
File: sg6mOAi.png (50KB, 1376x479px) Image search: [Google]
sg6mOAi.png
50KB, 1376x479px
Why couldn't I just live with 1 of each? :|
>>
>>28542247
Because that's only 170 bucks?
>>
>>28542284
>only
>>
>>28542284
For neets and college/underage which a lot of VP is, that is a lot.

You're taking most of their monthly autism bux.
>>
>>>>28539729 (You)
>>
>>28542326
>not being rich
>>
>>28542326
>>28542331
Ok. I get that for a single day at work, so it doesn't feel too bad for me. Stay in school, kids.
>>
>>28542224
From Steam Siege:
Pyroar Break (Japan had FF Pyroar reprinted as well), Talonflame Break, Volcanions, Infernape, Nidoking, Chandelure, M Gardevoir, Yanmega + Break, Klinklang

From Evolutions:
Charizard, Charizard EX, M Charizard, Ninetales + Break, Arcanine, Poliwrath, Nidoking + Break, Haunter, Mewtwo EX, Mew

>But some of those cards wouldn't be good even WITH the CP4/Deck reprints!
Literally not the point, which is why I'm saying you're not getting it.
>>
>>28542375
It's about 1 1/2 days for me, but I have to also pay for my apartment, car, phone, etc
>>
>>28542375
I earn roughly a little less than that myself at my current job, being single after a messy breakup makes you realize how much disposable income you actually have.

I might buy the keldeo box and a box of the Sun/Moon set when it comes out.
Gonna try to get my neighbor maybe to buy some too so we can play.
>>
>>28540792
>>28540835
Secret Uncommon is the best rarity of them all, assuming it's actually Uncommon. And it's perfect for joke card's like Imakuni?'s Doduo.
>>
>>28542445
it really is uncommon, I have no idea how the pull ratios will be.
>>
>>28542421
If your rent or gas expenses are so much that you can't afford 170 bucks for your hobby you might have to reconsider moving to a cheaper neighborhood/ closer to your workplace or getting a less gas hungry car.
>>
>>28542398
So your reasoning is, if it's Fire or Psychic typing, it is therefore "centered around" Blacksmith or D valley? Even though they're tiered Fire and Psychic decks without them? How can a deck be so good it's considered tiered if its missing something so important it's "centered around" it?
>>
>>28542474
thanks, mr. financial advisor. it's not that I don't have the extra money, it's that I don't want it all going towards pokemon.

if you spend all of your disposable income on cards that's your business, but not all of us are locked in our rooms all day.
>>
>>28542516
I earn ~190 bucks a workday. 550 of that goes on rent. Do the math, 170 bucks is not all my disposable income, and I do have other hobbies as well.
>>
>there are people in this thread who don't earn at least $30 per hour
>>
It's good to make a duo type deck right?
>>
>>28542840
No.
>>
>>28542840
>duo type deck
?
>>
>>28542731
T-thanks anon.

I'm a work cuck who's working a semi-white collar job while taking time off school.
Maybe when I actually get my ass back in gear and get that programming degree.

Last two years have been draining so put my education on hold.
>>
>>28542887
Dual type. Like I remember grass psychic being a thing
>>
>>28542900
No.
>>
>>28542731
How would you suggest doing that?
>>
>>28542731
I'm working minimum wage part time and going to college. I'm young, sorry anon.
>>
>>28542917
Oh. So how do you build mono-fire then? What is the card to build it around? Volcanion ex?
>>
>>28542481
The thing is, those cards are balance-defining. Your P deck is objectively faster with D Valley if there are [C] in the costs, and your F deck can set up objectively faster when Blacksmith (and Compressor) exist in the format. Even if Volcanion is tiered, you cannot argue that it's a better deck without Blacksmith, for example.

And those cards DO exist in Japan's format. Meaning only one of two conclusions can be reached:
>They are purposely ignoring or are unaware of balance-defining cards in their primary region, opting to release cards that are globally balanced but above-curve in Japan
>They are taking balance-defining cards into consideration when releasing these P and F cards, which shafts the West

And looking at the majority of releases listed in >>28542398, it leans towards the latter.

For example, compare Nidoking Break to 3-attach Breaks (Chesnaught, Luxray, Pyroar, Machamp) and you'll see that it's below-curve.
But then you can compare it to 2-attach Breaks (Talonflame, Yanmega, Xerneas, Noivern, Lugia) and you'll see that it's on-curve.
This is all before taking Stages, type-support, and base Pokemon into consideration, but the point still stands: it shows that Nidoking Break was balanced with D Valley in mind, as in they meant it to be a 2-attach card.

And P and F Pokemon aren't the only ones affected, just the most obvious victims. The lack of Korrina, Muscle Band, Xerosic/Megaphone, Compressor, and a handful of other reprinted cards matter too.
>>
File: T181NO6.jpg (242KB, 1236x733px) Image search: [Google]
T181NO6.jpg
242KB, 1236x733px
>>28542900
there are decks that use dual type cards
>>
That new radicate with enhanced hammers looks like a good deck idea, should still work with radicate break, that fucking spider and chaos tower so you don't poison yourself
>>
My PTCGO account was stolen and they changed my email and password on the account.

I've made a new account and contacted support and emailed support and no response for almost two months... What can I do?
>>
>>28542731
I'm poor and have no family. How do I start making that much?
>>
>>28543180
It does 60x damage, which isn't enough. Maybe if it was 80x or 90x.
Most decks only run 4 DCE or 4 DDE, meaning you'd need to hit 75% of their special energies to actually OHKO non-Megas and all four to OHKO Megas. And this is before considering Special Charge and Puzzle, both of which are at least teched into Special-reliant decks, or the fact that you need to wait for them to play their Specials for you to Hammer them, meaning they control your pacing. That's a really volatile and end-game setup, especially when you're relying on 60 HP Stage 1s to hold out until then.

Meanwhile, you can already unconditionally OHKO them with Raticate Break + Ariados. And BP Raticate relegates Chaos Tower while having more HP, free retreat, and a utility attack.
>>
>>28543287
Stop ruining my trash meme deck idea, I have a noctowl volcanion deck because I like noctowl's attack but I know the deck is trash now because of n and vs T3 and up
>>
Why are there so many cards with a "basic only" clause, when basic pokemon are the strongest card type? You need to dedicate less spots to set up and their energy to damage ratio isn't any different from a fully evolved pokemon.
>>
>>28543537
You think basics are broken?

Imagine Mega Mewtwo with FFB.
>>
>>28543624
Classifying mega evolutions as regular evolutions was a mistake.
>>
>>28543537
>Why are there so many cards with a "basic only" clause

>Fighting Fury Belt
>...
>>
>Opponent takes five minutes fapping his trainers on the first turn
Holy fuck, do I hate this shit.
>>
>>28542996
>mono-fire
Stop thinking this way. Decks in PTCG aren't build around types. You don't build a "fire" deck or "water" deck or "water/fire" deck.

The Pokemon you mentioned is a very good card. So you build a Volcanion EX deck. What cards work well with Volcanion EX? Well, really just Volcanion, and maybe Flareon EX as a secondary attacker. It's all staples from there.
>>
>>28544227
I sometimes take delayed turns due to playing on my commute, so sorry for any anons that experienced me taking slow turns.

Also sometimes the client literally just freezes and makes me take a minute+ to complete an action as simple as putting energy down or selecting who to lysandre.

I do hate when you take a turn and then the enemy proceeds to:
>put down their whole hand slowly
>shaymeme
>puts down their whole hand slowly
>Sycamore
>puts down their whole hand AGAIN
>shaymeeeeme

Fucking hell, I know it's just a game but jesus do these first turns irritate me.
I guess it's satisfying on some level when it's a Rayquaza and I just put down my field that cuts their bench pokemon to three and thus crippling them to insta lose.
>>
>>28544498
Does the pokemon lost from bench cutting count as KOs? Cuz, I'm thinking of a maximum retard deck with cards that fill up the opponent's bench, like the whistle, with skyfield and the one that makes the bench three.
>>
>>28544929
Absolutely not, retard.
>>
File: hulk-cry.jpg (181KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
hulk-cry.jpg
181KB, 900x600px
>>28544950
>>
>>28529614
I hate that guy, he is so smug, I hate his shit eating smile and fuck me eyes
>>
"Beedrill – Grass – HP120
Stage 2 – Evolves from Kakuna

[G] Poison Sting: 30 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned.

[G][C] Swarming Sting: This attack does 40 damage times the number of Beedrill you have in play to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging a Benched Pokemon.)"

160 dmg sniping? Sounds fun to me :D

Source: http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/09/20th-anniversary-set
>>
>>28544986
If you're trying shit like that then you might as well go with shit that hits their bench hard.

Not sure what is legal in standard that does it but I believe HG/SS had Groudon/Kyogre mashup card that did 100+ to all enemy pokemon at once that could hit up to 300+ realistically if you were lucky.
>>
>>28545075
At least you'll see him more often when it's a 24hr maintenance marathon again :^)
>>
>>28545113
>160 dmg for 4 fully evolved beedrills
>beedrill gets OHKO'd by most megas right now

It's shit.
It should not counter Beedrill-Ex either due to naming conventions.
>>
>>28545156
>beedrill gets OHKO'd by most megas right now
Pretty irrelevant analysis, bro. Did you start playing this week?
Not him, by the way.
>>
>>28545197
Sorry, OHKO'd by MOST good pokemon.
Anything that can't handle a 120 HP mon right now is shit.
>>
>>28545156
Maybe in expanded where muscle band / blacksmith / meme march is king
>>
>>28545113
Hot garbage

>>28545121
The most popular cards that hit bench-sitters hard are Greninja BREAK and M Audino-EX although there are others.
>>
>>28545225
>Missing the point this hard
Hey guys I heard Night March was shit
I mean, Joltik only has 30 HP
No way it can compete with a 240 HP format at all, nuh-uh
Who cares about how much damage it does or its utility
>>
>>28545113
160 sniping?

You need 19 cards to pull that off.

4 Weedle, 4 Kakuna, 4 Beedrill, 1 Forest, 2 Grass

You will lose before you are even able to attack like that.
>>
>>28545257

See this.
>>28545261

And assuming you do, the dmg goes down dramatically with ONE KO.
>>
>>28545257
Joltik could actually OHKO EX Pokemon, despite its shitty HP (which was actually manageable with FFB and Mew).

Beedrill OHKO's Shaymin-EX, and some irrelevant low-HP EX's and that's really it.
>>
>>28545276
Yeah, exactly. Talking about its ability to take KOs is GOOD analysis

Mentioning something as asininely irrelevant as its ability to tank Mega damage is stupid and bad. It's like you have short term memory loss from a format that ended not even two weeks ago.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7KB, 273x184px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7KB, 273x184px
Hi. I come from /tg/.

My 5-year-old son found some pokemon cards in his kindergarten class and wants me to get some so that we can play together. I'm a Right Honorable Roleplayer and have no idea what to do with "card games".

What's a good starter set for kids for Pokemon?
Any useful guides? Thank you.
>>
>>28545156
>>28545244
>>28545261
Welp I said FUN, not competitively viable.
>>
>>28545411
Watch tutorials on youtube, download PTCGO and theres a tutorial, tons of guides online, and we can answer questions
>>
>>28545411
1.) Buy a Trainer Kit. It's two, 30-card decks. You don't shuffle, you play with them as-is. It's kind of a scripted game to teach both players how to play the game.

2.) Once you both know the basic mechanics, buy two Theme Decks. These are actual, 60-card decks meant to be used for real games. They're essentially starter decks.

3.) After that, you can buy World Championship decks. These cards are all proxies, which make them illegal for real play. But, aside from being proxies, these decks are what real, competitive TCG decks look like and they're useful for teaching players how the game is played on a competitive level.
>>
>>28545411
You should be a good parent and tell your kid to give them back to the kindergarten so they can get back to their rightful owner.

After that go and buy a battle kit to play with him.

Dont raise a shitty kid.
>>
>>28545411
I'd say Theme decks are good starting point or "Pokemon TCG Battle Arena decks" which is basically 2 Theme decks but with little bit more powerful cards.
>>
>>28545525
>/vp/
>Having morals
lol, there wouldn't be hacking/injection threads then
>>
>>28545540
Oh, yeah, I forgot about those. You should probably make that step 2.5 >>28545503
>>
>>28545503
Starter sets like this? Sounds perfect.

https://www.amazon.ca/Pokemon-Trainer-Kit-Pikachu-Libre-Suicine/dp/B01AAUSDVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473960373&sr=8-1&keywords=pokemon+trainer+kit

Are there any major differences between the starter sets?

Thanks.

>>28545525
He didn't take them, he just played with them during the day.
>>
>>28545411
Does he plan on attending official tournaments, or playing casually?

If it's just casual play:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/World_Championships_Deck_%28TCG%29
Fully-built decks that won Worlds, $10 each. They have different card backs so you can't bring them to official tournaments. Newer ones are stronger.

For tournaments, Battle Arena boxes are $30:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Arena_Decks:_Mewtwo_vs_Darkrai_%28TCG%29
http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/08/karen-to-be-released-in-keldeo-vs-rayquaza-battle-arena-decks
Which mainly contain Expanded (older) cards, but are tournament legal.

AVOID Theme Decks. They're garbage and your child will get devastated on the playground.
>>
>>28545578
>5-year-old
>official tournaments

I did get a laugh though.
>>
File: happy pika.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
happy pika.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>28545602
Yeah, this is purely casual, no tournaments. He'd be the first on the playground playing this so I don't really care about competitiveness, and I suspect he won't get many of the concepts anyway. Although he is pretty quick with Minecraft.

Thanks, guys.
>>
>>28545578
>AVOID Theme Decks. They're garbage and your child will get devastated on the playground.
Seriously? He's 5, I highly doubt the other kids on the playground have tier 1 decks.
>>
File: scumbag.jpg (738KB, 2084x926px) Image search: [Google]
scumbag.jpg
738KB, 2084x926px
lol what the fuck. I bought 7 cards off of this guy out of this lot, thinking all of the cards would be possible to obtain, and then he ends up selling all of the valuable cards shown seperately.

Is this enough to get a refund? or should I just avoid shitty ebay lots
>>
>>28545803
you can give him a negative rating at least
>>
>>28545707
if it was the game in its initial state, just "energy, smack the other guy with your thing, if it dies get a prize, get 6 prizes you win" then it'd be really easy for him to learn.

but there's been a lot of new rules and card types added, so.. yeah probably won't get all of it.

Tell you what, there's a Virtual Console release of the original Pokemon Trading Card video game for like 5 bucks.Might be a good pace to start.
>>
>>28545803
>buying lots
You asked for it man. Nothing of value will ever, EVER be in a lot.
>>
>>28545838
>if it was the game in its initial state, just "energy, smack the other guy with your thing, if it dies get a prize, get 6 prizes you win" then it'd be really easy for him to learn.
This doesn't describe Base Set at all. It definitely doesn't describe anything post-Base, either.
>>
>>28545838
>Virtual Console
Thanks for the suggestion but I'd rather avoid any video games at this time (other than construction games like Minecraft). He should play with physical cards with other people first.
>>
>>28545850
i've just never seen such an obvious scumbag dissecting lots like this
>>
>>28545932
You must be new to ebay.
>>
>>28531962
>he doesn't have Ancient Mew
topkek
>>
>almost a week into the new season
>currently at 1165 points
H-have I lost control of my life anons?
>>
>>28546464
First page of binder not pictured
>>
File: 1473313334798.jpg (141KB, 534x820px) Image search: [Google]
1473313334798.jpg
141KB, 534x820px
>opponents turn
>they spend 2 minutes to flip the coin
>they spend 5 minutes to put an energy on their pokemon and attack
>they spend 4 minutes picking a prize card

I can feel my fucking precious limited time on this Earth slowly sweeping away as these slow fucks totter on throughout the entire game knowing that if they keep it up people will quit out of impatience and they'll get an easy win.

Penalize people who concede and penalize people who spend more than 2 and 30 seconds minutes in their turn.
>>
>>28546768
>Penalize people who concede

Yeah, nah. If your goal is to SAVE time then penalizing people who concede is counter intuitive.

I've gotten into a lot of matches where I knew I lost during the first 1-2 turns and just conceded to not waste both of our time.
Also this client has a lot of issues that cause auto dcs and thus auto concedes.
>>
>>28547005
The other day in a Theme Tour the other guy had an horrid lag. Thus the connection punished me and I did nothing for two turns.

Thing was the guy was playing "on the bus", and I was the one punished for his laggy connection.
Quality work.
>>
>>28546768
why is the coin flip not automatic?
>>
File: 1471657299598.png (835KB, 690x593px) Image search: [Google]
1471657299598.png
835KB, 690x593px
So, do we have a better resolution of this yet?
>>
>>28547220
You should learn to upscale images.
>>
Found some codes while dumpster diving ,let me know if you guys get anything.
BER-VBCU-TE4-VEW
TEP-A5D4-9JF-RWR
TWY-C6VS-6S3-8WL
5EX-W9DQ-ENT-YSU
J8C-7BWR-8XQ-AQH
>>
>>28547428
Nothing because someone redeemed them all :^)
>>
>>28547397
Upscaling is technically the same resolution, as it includes the same details from the smaller image at a larger size.

Higher resolution includes more and sharper details, due to having more dots per inch.
>>
>>28547142
Some decks, like Night March, prefer going second.
>>
FOR FUCKS SAKE DO SOMETHING ABOUT QUITTERS

THESE CHALLENGES ARE FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE PEOPLE JUST QUIT THE MOMENT YOU GAIN THE ADVANTAGE

FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME
>>
>>28547857
Solution: If they disconnect, you get a win, but they don't get a loss because if you penalize quitting they'll time stall

If they disconnect, you still get your win, AND no stalling happened.
>>
>>28547918
I honestly don't know if you didn't read what you were replying too or if you don't play the game.
>>28547857
I agree, they should ask you if you want an AI to take over your opponent, or atleast count 1 knock off/prize when they concede.
I'm afraid that with the chat disabled it'll be even harder to complete challenges.
>>
>>28547857
>Gonna get sweeped
>Fine
>Pass turn
>Asshole starts fapping trainers and takes like five minutes when he can just attack
>Concede
>>
i'm about to start PMing people that concede and spam them with furry porn
>>
>>28547857
Ask not to quit in chat, it works often.
>>
>>28548267
Great way to get perma muted famalam, but not that it matters since the new update will do that anyways :^)
>>
I have no problem with people conceding. I'm not entitled to the knockouts or damage that I would do in the case of a full game because I'm not entitled to that person's time. I expect other players to be self interested, just as I am, so I'm not surprised when they want to move onto another game where they have a better chance to win.
>>
File: its time.webm (803KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
its time.webm
803KB, 1280x720px
>>28548267
>mfw random guy sends me furry porn over quitting
>>
>>28548354
This.
I never understood how people get so mad about people conceding.
>>
>>28548417
Because I have 3 challenges right now that require me to pull prize cards and I can only pull 1 before the faggot quits.

Hell, half the time I can't even pull any because they quit the second I start setting up a good card.
>>
File: 1471657403539.png (709KB, 690x593px) Image search: [Google]
1471657403539.png
709KB, 690x593px
>>28547397
It's not the same, but the filter you used looks decent, could you do the same with lunala dear anon?
>>
File: madman.jpg (68KB, 615x345px) Image search: [Google]
madman.jpg
68KB, 615x345px
>>28548462
>use team of all floatstone ex pokemon with tons of hp
>see enemy is about to win and take a prize
>lick my lips and start laughing maniacally
>quickly press the concede button
>NO ONE WILL TAKE MY PRIZES
>>
>>28548462
Make a shittier deck.
>>
>>28548679
>>
>>28548768
could you do 1920x1080 one? Would make a nice background t. other guy
>>
>>28547857
Give me a solid reason I should sit there for 15 minutes waiting for you to wank your challenges?
>>
>Make a Shiftry Garvantula Ariados meme deck
>Fought against meme frog and zygarde ex
>Both didn't know about what they were against until it was too late
Its a shit deck but its pretty good especially lysandering the hoopa and bench sniping the zygardes
>>
>>28541776

>You are poor as fuck? Play Rainbow Road.

Not when Rainbow Road Xerneas are now $12~15 a piece, add in everything else you will probably be down $2~300 (This obviously refers for an actual newcomer, not someone already has plenty of cards)

>>28545803

>Any Year
>Buy eBay Lots

I always refer to them as "Scam Lots" for a reason
>>
>>28549680
>Not when Rainbow Road Xerneas are now $12~15 a piece.

Its still WAAAY cheaper than any other tiered deck.
>>
File: 52.jpg (55KB, 400x564px) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
55KB, 400x564px
>>28545113
This fucking attack existed 5 years ago for less energy. Really makes u think..
>>
>>28548768
Thanks anon
>>
>>28549680
>>28549773
Damn only a few months ago BT packs were the unwanted packs for people mainly to get octillery
>>
>>28549899
Bedrill lets you hit any Pokemon with it, though.
>>
>>28549913

And I remembered how an autist (for a lack of better word) made that tl:dr picture on how Breakthrough sucked as a set mind you no one could predict how cards suddenly become a lot more viable due to rotation and what not
>>
>>28548362
What was it
>>
> no venusaur or blastoise
> all evolution pokemon are shit
> electrode nerfed
> reprint exeggutor of all cards
Bravo TPC
>>
>>28550267

Well, the Concept Pack is meant to be a throwback to the original set for the 20th Annivsary and it was even advertised as such when it was announced in Japan. Also:

>2016
>Still blame TPCi for Pokemon Card Lab's (the Japanese dudes who design the cards we love to hate) idiocy

SHIGGY DIGGY DOO
>>
>>28550338
Its just a meme bro
>>
>Trainer Challenge to fuck around
>vs. Ella
>my Farfetch'd vs. Boldore
>she keeps healing and discarding energies with Core Heal
>let her keep at it, to the point she's out of energy cards

The AI in this game is good
>>
File: tcg thing.png (488KB, 1049x354px) Image search: [Google]
tcg thing.png
488KB, 1049x354px
>>28550671
I'm not exaggerating, btw
>>
>>28550717
The AI is programmed to play every card that is playable until nothing playable is left, then attack. It has no actual AI.
>>
>>28548726
>run Mega Gardevoir deck
>when they get close to knocking something out, retreat and kill it myself with despair ray, denying them the prize card

It feels good everything fucking time.
>>
>>28550821
>computer is programmed to always use most expensive attack
>spams scrunch even when I only have 10 hp left
>>
>>28548119
>I agree, they should ask you if you want an AI to take over your opponent
Like the AI can actually function with anything more complex than a starter deck. It would go full retard with any deck that involved Battle Compressor, for example.
>>
File: Ramon.jpg (16KB, 612x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ramon.jpg
16KB, 612x300px
>Game ends
>Opponent's clock: 12:03 minutes
>Own clock: 19:49
>>
What is Garbodor worth? I have 4 so I guess I could trade 2 of those, since no deck needs more than 2 of them (?)

Could I get Octillery for it, is that about even trade?

Also I traded Scizor EX for 5 SS, did I do ok? And what would Scizor EX FA be worth?
>>
Is this a bad time to jump into the scene?
>>
>>28552205
It is never a good time to start playing. This shit will ruin your life.
>>
>>28552287
I mean I already play yugioh. Can't ruin my life more than that.
>>
>>28552287

The major problem for him is probably the cost of the cards, I highly doubt playing competitive Pokemon TCG on a budget is possible anymore due to the price of staples

>>28552316

Then maybe you should get out of Yugioh too to un-ruin your life
>>
>>28552383
I don't believe you. My friends told me that Pokemon tcg was way cheaper
>>
>>28552433

You might as well put the emphasis on the "was" part. While it is still relatively cheaper compared to MtG, YGO, and CFV but now it has become more expensive due to recent hype prices caused by Worlds, a Standard Rotation that rotated most of the Tier 1 decks out, and probably people rushing in due to "LOL Pokemon TCG is basically a goddamn eSport" no thanks to TPCi
>>
>>28547049
i had that yester day and the lag was from me and i lost 5 turns when i was about to win
>>
>>28552522
What staples are expensive exactly?
>>
>>28552522
as a new player the only card ive seen thats expensive like more than 5$ is shaymin is that what you mean?
>>
>>28552594
Most Pokemon go for $15-$30 apiece now, which is twice what you were expected to pay a month ago.
>>
>>28552592
Shaymins are like $40 each
VS Seekers are like $10 each

There you have $120 that go in EVERY deck.
After that you have 6-8 exs that cost $15-$25 each on average.

Then you have $25-$40 in total from the other cards.

On average a competitive deck will cost around $250 / $350 to make.

Above $500 if you go full rarirty.
>>
this fucking new set is fucking worse than flashfire holy shit
>>
>>28552628

The more interesting thing I see is that some non-holo and holo rares jumped from a dollar or two Pre-Worlds to around ten dollars Post-Worlds (STS Talonflame, BRT Xerneas, and a lesser degree STS Volcanion) due to the rotation, whether the prices of those will go eventually down remains to be seen
>>
>>28552662
>vs seekers are like 10$ each
you can get 2 of those from pic related soon along with many very nice cards for just 40$ tho, will that drop its price?

t. other guy
>>
>>28552662
These price hikes are ridiculous.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (235KB, 1384x827px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
235KB, 1384x827px
refined vespiquen deck
waiting to get 1 zoroark to replace the kangaskhan
i might also add a zorua and replace the trainers mail too
>>
What the hell changed between lasts years worlds and this years world's?
>>
>>28552789

>$40

Try $30 USD since that's the US MSRP for the Battle Arena Decks (local retailer may sell for less), but I doubt it will lower the price that much since it wasn't a "proper" mass reprint like Pokemon Catcher and Ulra Ball in Plasma Blast
>>
>>28552161
Anyone knows?
>>
>>28552850
We got five new packs and lost the last of the BW series.
What the fuck are you asking?
>>
>>28552662
>Shaymin
>$40

AHAHAHA
>>
My university is holding a PTCG club. I'm too poorfag to buy a deck, but they are cool with it and don't mind me printing my deck. Any tips on printing cards?

Also is ANYWAY to make RS Zapdos viable. Even if its just a tertiary attacker or something. Its kind of my signature in the Competitive Battling league. I haven't kept up with the meta at all since before Fates Collide, so maybe with the new rotation Zapdos is better?
>>
>>28552893
Why are things more expensive I mean
>>
>>28553037
>Its kind of my signature in the Competitive Battling league.
I haven't read anything quite as autistic as this. Aside from having a neat looking full art, RS Zapdos is garbage.
>>
>>28553066
Last format wasn't an EX format. BDIF ran fucking commons as primary attackers. Shaymin was the only viable money card.
Now we're back to normal prices.
>>
>>28553066

The introduction of cash prizes.

>>28552828

What the fuck are you doing with Kangashkan and Snorlax? They are dead weight. If their purpose is to be discarded, which is the only thing I can think of, then replace them with stage 1 pokemon and don't play their basics, so you don't risk starting with something completely useless that's going to slow you down.
>>
>>28553066
Because, first off, cards are older. Roaring Skies and Ancient Origins aren't in print anymore, aside from being packaged in tins. So the cards in those sets become harder to get. So their price goes up.

And second, and what people don't seem to understand, is that TPCi is actually awarding winners of big tournaments cash prizes now. They didn't before. But now there's an actual monetary incentive to play this card game and do well.
>>
>>28553086
Our university runs a draft league, we are starting season 5 on Saturday. I have drafted zapdos every season for 4 seasons now. I am ranked 2nd overall at my school. The #1 guys signature mon is suicune, he got that every season. Its not that autistic, everyone knows I'm the zapdos guy.

Also come on, its a basic mon, with 120HP, that does 120 damage for 3 energy, its pretty good.
>>
>>28553133
like i said, i'm switching the kangskhan to zoroark whenever i get a trade through
snorlax is to tank till mid/late game if i draw early and there's nothing else to play
what else can i substitute it for?
>>
>>28553066
Rotation always causes people to go batshit with prices, this is true for every tcg that has rotation. Things may settle down, but others will likely not.
>>
>>28553322

And Shaymin EX will continue to be an appreciating asset until TPCi decides to make a mass reprint in the form of a tin promo and it would sell out ten seconds before it is up on pre-order
>>
Will buy FA shaymin for 10 bux. Any anon interested?. I can gift through paypal.
>>
>Evolutions
This is the worst set since early BW, by far. I doubt a single card in the set sans FA Megazard will go over 15 bucks. Brock, Dragonite and Mewtwo are the only things in the whole set with possible viability in any deck.
>>
>>28553275

You likely aren't going to be able to build a decent Vespiquen deck before Karen is printed. The deck relies heavily on Shaymin, to draw and oddly enough to attack. But the shit in the deck right now is actively preventing you from attacking because of its heavy retreat cost. Zoroark isn't a solution to that, since you want to discard Zoroark 90% of the time. Like I said, exchange the Snorlaxs and Kang with things you'll never start with like a stage 1/2 or replace them for useful basics. They are only slowing you down currently.
>>
>>28552662
LMAOO. sorry buddy but shaymin is literally 100 bux or get fucked.
>>
>>28553527

This has been said for every single set, woo lad.
>>
>>28553479
I mean this for tcgo btw lol. Sorry should have been clear.
>>
>>28553527
Wasent that said for loads of sets?. TFW sold shiton flames for 8 bux each and 4 volcanions for 20 Feels gud.
>>
>>28553566
More proof XY has been the most incopenent set so far.
>>
>>28553566
You mean ignorant fucks in these threads ignoring strategy? Name me a card in this set that could be anything beyond sub tier 3 rogue that isn't baby Mewtwo, Dragonite, Brock and maybe Starmie.
>>
Anyone know why we're suddenly getting all these low-quality posts? The last three dozen or so replies have been really under par.
>>
>>28553682
You're being generous mentioning anything other than Dragonite EX.
>>
>>28553682
See >>28541370 and >>28541380
>>
>>28553722
Mewtwo is a decent tech against Mewtwo Y.
Brock is useful for decks like Rainbow Road, Xerneas Break and Darkrai/Giratina.

>>28553738
This is some Pokebeach-tier analysis.
>Ratatta can remove a tool off the active! It's so useful. Raticate can do 180 for 3 Enhanced Hammers and not play to its Break condition!
Fuck off. The new Mewtwo-EX is worse than Damage Change in every scenario. Electrode was nerfed to hell and back and no Electric pokemon can use it efficiently. Megazard is trash even if Blacksmith were back since it has to kill itself, you'll charge one and then it'll die. Beedrill requires 12 cards in your deck to not be prized while you also draw into your energies and stadiums quickly to do anything at all. Arcanine is a gimmick and for some reason we're not getting Arcanine Break, not like it'd help it.
>>
>>28553964
Mewtwo needs a lot of energy on the defending even when weakness is in play.

Brock is outclassed by Karen and Super Rod.
>>
>>28553964
>Ratatta can remove a tool off the active! It's so useful.
It is. M Mewtwo's lethal goes from 7 to 6. Giratina saves a turn. M Ray no longer needs a full bench. Until we see better tool removal, Rattata is absolutely going to be teched and played around Garbodor.

>The new Mewtwo-EX is worse than Damage Change in every scenario.
M Mewtwo is the speculative BDIF. People are already teching 3-1 Bluetwo for the mirror. Evolutions Mewtwo EX is a better alternative.

>Electrode was nerfed to hell
Irrelevant.
>and back and no Electric pokemon can use it efficiently.
This statement has no bearing on the viability of the card in a vacuum. I shouldn't need to give examples of how horrible this line of thinking is if you're competent enough to judge someone else's analysis.

>Megazard is trash even if Blacksmith were back since it has to kill itself, you'll charge one and then it'll die.
With Blacksmith, it sets up as fast if not faster than Giratina. Self-damage is irrelevant.
>>
File: 1435505531377.jpg (39KB, 390x388px) Image search: [Google]
1435505531377.jpg
39KB, 390x388px
>these current Shaymin FA prices

holy SHIT what the fuck happened?
>>
>>28554140
Not in Rainbow Road and Tina decks that can burn though mons and energy quickly. I can easily imagine a scenario in Darkrai where your Darkrai drops and you've discarded many energy before using your Elixirs. RR runs two Super Rods anyway so subbing one for Brock isn't that farfetched.

>>28554216
Ratatta requires bench space, is useless if started, if there's no tool on the active or Garb is out it's a dead card. Name me the deck that will ever run it that isn't Raticate Break.

>people are teching Photon Wave
Those people are then losing to almost every other deck in the format then without Damage Change. Do you even realize why Mewtwo is the most all around deck right now?

>Electrode gives up a prize to become Double Lightning Energy on an Electric mon
Again, you cannot say this card is playable when it has absolutely no use right now in a deck that isn't a joke to begin with. What uses it, Ampharos? Laughable. And no, fucking idiot, the nerf is hugely relevant because two of any energy to any type is very useful and very techable. Call me when there's an Electric attacker that can win games with Electrode, until then the card is shit.

And you're such a fucking idiot you don't see why Megazard is bad even with fire support. Did you know you can easily set up Dragon Ray in a turn as well? A pokemon who is much better than Megazard with his delta wild, free retreat with Hydreigon and doesn't kill itself to attack? And Dragon Ray is unplayed. Your dumb Zard A) will get cockblocked by item lock and B) will die and then you will have to have a Blacksmith, DCE and Mega Turbo/energy in hand with Clawitzer out, link down, and abilities active. And oh man, better hope that isn't a non EX you're hitting, or else you're completely fucked despite your perfect miracle setup.
>>
>>28554484
cash prizes
>>
what are some Steam Siege cards I can throw in my Yveltal/Zoroark deck?
>>
>>28554597
>Ratatta requires bench space, is useless if started,
Irrelevant.
>Name me the deck that will ever run it that isn't Raticate Break.
I already listed three. They're coincidentally the three best decks of the format.

>Again, you cannot say this card is playable when it has absolutely no use right now in a deck that isn't a joke to begin with
Giratina EX/Hydreigon EX/DDE, Aromatisse, Lysandre's Trump Card, and Night March as a whole are examples off the top of my head that show cards that eventually became competitively dominant once better support was printed.
Playability and competitive viability are two very different things. You should know this if you're in a position to critique other people's analysis. It doesn't sound like you're approaching this for the sake of objective analysis at all. Weren't you the one complaining about Pokebeach?
>the nerf is hugely relevant
Rotated copies of similar cards have absolutely no bearing or effect on the viability of a card's current iteration. Saying Electrode is bad because the Base Set one was better is like saying Ace Spec Comp Search is bad because the Base Set one was better. I shouldn't need to spell this out for you.

>A pokemon who is much better than Megazard with his delta wild
D Ray, a card that did see competitive play in 2015 including in the tournament that led to LTC's ban, is slower than linked XY Charizard. It doesn't have Blacksmith, relies on DDE, has a mixed energy type, a significantly weaker base EX, and no direct support outside of Reshiram, which is inconsistent and heavy.
>And oh man, better hope that isn't a non EX you're hitting
Which, unsurprisingly, is half the reason why we stopped seeing D Ray. We just left a non-EX meta, and we're about to enter an EX-heavy meta.

But that's all irrelevant since Megas struggle to compete in Expanded and we haven't (and probably won't) get Japan's Blacksmith reprint.
>>
>>28554216
> teched and played around Garbodor
*plays Maudino* nothing personel, kid
>>
File: 1434075658716.gif (2MB, 295x211px) Image search: [Google]
1434075658716.gif
2MB, 295x211px
>build Rayquaza last autumn
>buy a playset of full art Shaymin for $200
>"fuck me that was a lot"
>flash forward 12 months
>check Shaymin prices

[urge to quit and make a profit intensifies]
>>
>>28555045

Or you can always try to trade down and profit off suckers who want to max out everything
>>
File: why.png (12KB, 89x68px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
12KB, 89x68px
>>
>>28555813
Because the ants will it.
>>
>>28530222
There is a one with roaring seas. I think its the kygore theme deck.
>>
>>28530518
>It's literally just a better Storm Rider
What the FUCK are they thinking
>>
>>28555880
They should just build all theme decks with few filler cards. Doesn't have to be good, just no three stage basics with no evos.
>>
>>28552789
has anyone gone to target or walmart to see if they accidentally stocked these early?
>>
>>28545113
My goal is sweet 2 hit kos with 120 damage.

Come to me shaymin
>>
>playing grass deck for special challenge
>get bodied by either tier 1 decks or bad draws several games in a row
>finally face off against generic water deck and turn 1 serperior out
>get dc'd
>>
>>28540609
I have a huge nostalgia boner
>>
File: Screenshot (14).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (14).png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>28529614

Wait people actually use the chat?
Also needing advice on how I can modify it to be better?
>>
>join standard event
>take 3 mulligans
>have to open with Remoraid
>have Octillery, Fairy Garden, a rope, VS Seeker and 2 Energies
>opponent starts with Mewtwo
>draw into second Fairy Garden
>lose turn 2

I hate that the game enforces mulligans until you draw the single card in your entire deck that you do not want to draw turn 1.
>>
>>28556156
None near me, also the Rs packs are sold out around me
>>
>>28556785
>playing events without shaymin

go back to themes
>>
>>28540609
>Reprinting cards that have long ago been phased by power creep
Literally filler cards to pad boosters.
>>
>>28556857
>implying I don't run 3 Shaymins and substitute the fourth with Octillery
>>
>>28556890

This set is basically MUH NOSTALGIA: The Pack, so the cards usefulness will always be questionable since most were useless back then as well. I wonder if the international version will use its own Base Set template instead of copying the Japanese one
>>
>>28556930
>running shaymin AND octillery

how much of a shitter can you be
>>
>>28556857
how am i supposed to get shaymin without doing events is there another way to get tradeable packs?
>>
>>28556975
They could reuse the art and template while reprinting some other version of the card or making an updated version. Feels cheap to straight out drag out an old useless version.

Like they don't even want to put effort into the thing.
>>
>>28557077
Enter theme tournaments with XY Basic Blue.

Instead of entering standard tournaments with a shitty deck.
>>
>>28557178
Honestly I use a shitty Magnezone+raikou+Mega Amphorous deck with no shaymins and its really shitty and I win most tournaments. Mostly because there is no skill based matchmaking in the tournaments, so the first 2 rounds are usually terrible kiddies.
>>
>>28557178
but theme tournaments only give tickets
>>
>>28557301
>grind for years
>get 8 tickets
>join ???
>magically get tradable packs with your shitty cards because you only did theme events so far

Just go to ladder and play there, you'll get plenty of coins, tickets, boosters and the occasional ladder reward EX to get you started. Only do theme events if you are in dire need of tickets ASAP and don't want to smack a handful of people in ladder to get them from the reward boxes there.
>>
>>28557301
no they dont

the token tournaments rotate every week you fucking pleb
>>
>>28553535
isnt that bad, you don't want to play shaymin unless necessary
every time i actually have to play it, it backfires on me cuz it just gets pulled out and KO'd
>>
Really wish the trade feature would be handled better in this game.

The search for the market is terrible and when you do find something you want it's half the time bundled with other cards for some generic thing like "10 SS boosters" with no way to contact the person properly while they're offline to suggest trading the one card you want for a pack or two.

Same goes for posting trades. Trying to trade random junk rares for some other random junk rares you want to try in a deck is next to impossible because you have to spend literal dozens of coins if you need several of them because you need to post one-by-one if you want results.

And the lobby chat not beign available in matches slows trading through chat down to a crawl, having to wait until people finish their game.
>>
>>28557402
sorry for not knowing every thing about the game when i started recently fag
>>
>>28557623
I love not having that problem in Despair Ray Gardevoir.

Constantly dumping Shaymins and Hoopas just to recycle them with Super Rod is great.
>>
>tfw so desperate to get some shitty rare you spend a whole Steam siege pack on 2 foils of it
>>
File: LatiasHGSSPromo10.jpg (981KB, 736x1016px) Image search: [Google]
LatiasHGSSPromo10.jpg
981KB, 736x1016px
Is this a good card to use in legacy? Works like Baby Yveltal
>>
I swear this game knows your worst deck matchups and then forces you to have the shittiest hand against them possible while giving them their best.

>going against ray decks as scizor
>start trubish with float stone in hand, sycamore, scizor and scizor link
>going against volcanion
>start with my only hoopa ex, 2 vs seekers, scizor link, and parallel city

T-thanks.
>>
>>28558068
there is no real need to use it
if you want to turbo like yveltal just play TDK
>>
Please critique my meme Ninja Umbreon deck before I start to waste packs:

4 Fright Night Yveltal
3 Yveltal EX
2 Umbreon EX
1 Shaymin EX
1 Hoopa EX

4 Professor Sycamore
3 Ninja Boy
2 N
2 Lysandre
2 Hex Maniac
1 Pokémon Ranger
1 Skyla
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers' Mail
2 Escape Rope
2 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Float Stone
1 Super Rod
1 Special Charge
2 Reverse Valley
1 Faded Town
1 Parallel City

6 Darkness Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
>>
>>28558429
too slow. It's not going to work without elixir.
>>
File: WIN_20160916_00_08_11_Pro.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160916_00_08_11_Pro.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
Have some codes, post pulls if you could.
>>
I finally saved up 500 coins. Assuming I've got absolutely no cards currently other than the starter decks, which deck should I buy? Or would it be better to buy two packs, or to save up a bit more for one of the specials like that lati@s pack?
>>
File: ScreenShot026.jpg (136KB, 1286x749px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot026.jpg
136KB, 1286x749px
>>28558891
Got you anon.

Thanks for the codes!
This was actually a nice pull, too bad I don't play Rainbow Road though.
>>
File: ScreenShot027.jpg (134KB, 1286x749px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot027.jpg
134KB, 1286x749px
>>28558891
The second was much less impressive.
>>
>>28559020
Different Xerneas, but yeah.
>>
>>28558992
Packs are the best use of your coins. The only reason to buy theme decks or specials is to get a specific card or cards for the deck you want to build.
>>
>>28559406
Alright. Guess I'll buy some random packs then. I have a couple ideas of things I'd like to have/do, but since I'm still just starting I'm not gonna bother going for any of those crazy competitive decks. If I get something cool maybe I'll show it off but my freebie packs have been kinda meh
>>
>>28559453
got a breakthrough and a fate, and both gave me garbage. A noctowl from break, and a snorlax from fate. The only thing that held even a little bit of interest was a snivy from fate that seemed like it might be cool to work with to start making a grass deck once I get around to getting the last cards from the b/w green theme
>>
>>28559540
The better advice to simply buying packs is the bundles with attached promos/coins/sleeves etc. They don't stick around long and most if not all of them include packs with them. You can't really go wrong getting them at least once. Just make sure that the bundle you're buying is actually standard legal or you'll just blow coins on collectables without being able to actually play them.
>>
>>28545562
>comparing genning to stealing
>>
>playing theme
>opponent uses corsola
>wins 10 coin flips in a row
>next turn he wins 6 in a row
>>
File: flareondeck.png (587KB, 923x590px) Image search: [Google]
flareondeck.png
587KB, 923x590px
I'm having a lot of fun with this deck. How to improve? Cut an Entei for another Shaymin? Sometimes I feel like I'm running too much energy, then Entei fails to get me energy from the roar often.
Also considering another fisherman.
>>
>>28560906

Add another volcanion and a super rod maybe
>>
>>28561025
New thread
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.