[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We predict potential shitmons from the new gen.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 12

File: sun_moon_video_thumbnail.jpg (80KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
sun_moon_video_thumbnail.jpg
80KB, 578x327px
ITT: We predict potential shitmons from the new gen.

Ill start:
Bounsweet.

Seems like the new Cherubi/Cherrim.
>>
Mimikyu
>>
>>28526684
I like all gen VII revealed so far, but my 2 cents on which ones (sadly) could end as shitmons:
>Bounsweet: cute af, but pure grass and meh abilities will be hard on the poor thing. Its evo could still save it.
>Comfey: unless it evolves, even with priority healing the best I can see it performing in is doubles. It just looks like a fragile mon to me, but I hope to be wrong.
>Mimikyu: I love this thing, but the great ability and typing have to be balanced out with what will likely be bad stats.
>Rockruff evo-night version (waiting for english name): unless it also gets the accel rock move, I can't see it being too good as of right now. Rock/fighting and rock/dark are both great offensive STABs but something tells me it will be very fragile. Its speed will be key.
>Alolan Raticate: I like the fact it blows back some ghost and psychic type that don't have coverage, but considering base raticate's stats, what this thing will have is probably speed and HP switched, meaning it will be bulkier, but slower. And that's terrible for a dark/normal type. I hope its attack+hustle+sucker punch let it perform well enough.
>Alolan sandslash: I like its typing but it is hinted that will be slower than base sandslash, which is terrible. Defensive ice type is bad, but defensive ice/steel type is even worse. I hope it gets a hidden ability equivalent to sand rush but for hail, otherwise I fear it won't have any niche at all.
>>
>lurantis
>sun reliant but still shit in the sun mono-grass with bad stats and shallow movepool archetype
>>
>>28526684

>Lurantis
Pure grass and meh abilities don't sound good. Might be saved with a really good hidden ability however.
>Comfey
Simply has the shitmon vibe.
>Popplio
GF knows they went overboard with Greninja. They will make up for it by making Popplio significantly weaker than most pokemon in the Alola dex.
>>
>>28526684
>Bewear
>gorillions of attack stats
>mediocre speed
>absolute trash HP and defenses

you know it will happen
>>
>>28526684
Definitely Lurantis.
Monotype grass doesn't work.
Bewear is also going to be outclassed by Conkle like most fighting types.
>>
>>28528224
The thing is ninja frog really isn't too special without Protean, the starters won't be particularly relevant until their HA gets released
>>
>>28526991
Unfortunately, this. They're going to make it shit to make up for giving it auto-substitute.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (338KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
338KB, 2048x1536px
>>28528224
The sole fact that Popplio is fairy type means that it's going to be decent.
If it gets serene grace as a HA ability it will go straight to OU.
Alolan Sandslash will be the real shitmon.
>>
Komala will definitely not evolve. It's Spinda 2.0.

Lurantis is Leafeon/Carnivine 2.0. It's gonna have shit stats, shit move pool and so far it's abilities are shit. Pure grass. This thing does not stand a chance.

Bewear. Bear Pokemon are all doomed to be shit.
>>
>>28528359
>Komala will definitely not evolve
Why do you think that?
>>
>>28528319
The starters will probably get unique hidden ability abilities.
>>
What about Wimpod? I don't see much discussion with it.
>>
>>28528247
Flareon 2.0
>>
As much as I'm love him, I bet Alolan sandslash is terrible. Same for all the Alolan pokemon so far sadly, aside from maybe ghost/fire Marowak and Fairy Raichu.
>>
>>28528372
Nothing with its ability will evolve into something. If it does evolve, it's evolution will either have hot garbage stats or not have the same ability
>>
>>28528296
I don't care how shitmon you are, having two layers of substitute to claw through means it's gonna be a support god
>>
drampa and pyukumuku just scream single stage shit mon
>>
>>28528435
It will become an OUmon.
>>
>>28528319
>The sole fact that Popplio is fairy type means that it's going to be decent.
Incorrect. There's fairy type shitmons.
>>
>>28528435
Seems to be the Magikarp of this gen. Will evolve once to something strong. While Wishiwashi is a totem pokémon in Sun Wimpod evolution will probably be it's counterpart in Moon.
>>
>>28528458
Its ability is nothing special. It's basically Shed Skin with a different name, and inferior to Poison Heal in every way.
>>
>>28528496
They're either single stage Pokemon or walls with no recovery.
>>
>>28528448
Pangoro 2.0 actually

>>28526684
Gumshoos is destined to be bad, because its best ability is a more limited Huge Power, and Diggersby only got to BL with that

I'm expecting Rowlet to be shit but it'll probably get Skill Link or something broken like that

Mimikyu's going to be OU from having a Ghost-type Stealth Rocks or something stupid like that, I can feel it
>>
>>28528510
It's not like Shed Skin at all and toxic heal always has that turn of vulnerability before it activates.
>>
>>28528533
>only got to BL
>ONLY
That is pretty amazing considering its BST.
>>
>Bounsweet
Grass types, especially pure grass attracts shit like nothing else. Meh "defensive" stat trend, worthless ability, and Grass type movepool syndrome predicted.
>Wishiwashi
A Pokemon on par with Gyarados means a lot less today, especially if it gives up its ability to do it. What's more, if this ability offers even the slightest drawback, this thing will plummet. I hope its good, I'm just not confident.
>Comefey
I have a feeling what Comefey will be like. Imagine if Klefki didn't have Prankster, or Steel secondary typing. That's what I imagine Comfey to be like.
>Rowlet 3rd form:
I like Rowlet, but Grass/Flying is bad, and Starter stats aren't good enough to salvage it. Maybe it gets a type change, maybe it will get a broken HA, but as it stands I'm not confident. Grass type movepool syndrome also isn't great.
>Alolan Sandslash
Sandslash isn't great. The way to fix this is not to make its typing, one of the only redeeming features of Sandslash, and shit on it. Ice/Steel is one of the worst typings in the game, and Alolan Sandslash is expected to be defensive with it.
>Salandit evo
Poisoning everything is nice. So nice that I think that this thing could be Spinda tier and I think it would see use in OU. But between its typing and its status focus, I can't see it being very good for anything else. I predict it being kinda slow, with only average bulk, with wasted stats in both offences. I wish this thing turned out good, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>28528556
>prevents all status effects but not sleep
Sounds like Shed Skin.
>toxic heal always has that turn of vulnerability before it activates
It's not enough to stop Gliscor from being one of the most threatening defensive pokemon in OU.
>>
>>28526684
Oricorio will probably be a one stage, with stats like:

90/45/55/85/70/70
>>
How long does it usually take for sites to get the base stats of Pokemon post-release?
>>
>>28528604
Salandit looks pretty fast to me.
It could also have a secondary ability.
>>
>>28528638
More than a month
>>
>>28528633
Shed skin is a 30% chance to heal status.
Comatose is outright immunity to everything but sleep.

Toxic Heal isn't strictly better is what I'm saying. They are different abilities and Toxic Heal has flaws. Specifically limiting item build very hard and having a turn of vulnerability.
>>
>>28526684
Beawear is probably going to be as shit as every other bear Pokemon. It'll probably have high hp and from the sounds of things pretty beastly attack but all its other stats will be garbage especially speed
>>
>>28528637
Spot on
>>
>>28528468
>mimmikyu
>first turn, sets up substitute
>ability gets busted
>second turn, substitute dies
>"wow it's literally fucking nothing"
>>
>>28528711
I still struggle to understand why they keep giving awful defenses to bear Pokemon.
I understand low special attack and speed, but real bears are bulky as fuck.
>>
File: 1472065927962.png (180KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472065927962.png
180KB, 500x600px
>Goes to lengths to exlain how much it relies on photosynthesis to survive
>Goes so far as to give it a new SolarBeam-expy
>Designed like a quick, physical attacker
>Just gets Leaf Guard, no Chlorophyll
Fucking why? Hopefully it gets it as a hidden ability but christ what were they thinking?
>>
>>28528638
not much now, with XY was hard because the 3DS wasnt hacked back then, but we can even have the stats some days after the demo with data mining
>>
>>28528716
that is two turns wasted for the opponent.
Not to mention it's ability gives it a free turn to do whatever it wants to the opponent.
>>
>>28528224
Water/Fairy is excellent and Popplio's stat spread already seems fitting judging from E3. basically a tank with good special attack. I'd say it's the only pokemon we have a clue will be decent.
>>
its also a free baton pass pokemon
>>
>>28528716
You can use that turn to set another substitute, to taunt, Twave or set trick room.
>>
>>28528270
What's a Conkle?
>>
>>28528748
Even with cholorophyll, it would still be a worse version of life orb chloro Venusaur and chloro victreebell. That thing is doomed to a Lilligant tier movepool.
>>
>>28528778
It's Conkeldurr.
>>
>>28528716
>sets up sub
>ability gets busted
does self damage bust it?
and does it get reset on switch out?
If so then it will be THE most annoying sub support imaginable
>>
>>28528604
The poison everything gimmick sounds cool, until you realize that you can just hit most steel types with a STAB Fire Blast. Half of the poison pokemon in the game are weak to fire anyways as well, so it seems kind of pointless.
>>
Yeah, really hoping Mimikyu gets some decent bulk but it's probably not happening.
>>
>>28528711
>>28528736
Its Fluffy ability sounds like it secretly buffed up its defense so those stats can go into other things. I have no clue why it needs Klutz as a second ability though.
>>
>>28528778
Conkledurr.
>>
>>28528593
That's my point, anon. People hyped up Gumshoos but it will be RU at best.
>>
>>28526684
Minior, if it doesn't evolve
>>
>>28528831
I imagine it works like multi scale but instead it takes no damage
>>
>>28528851
Its ability might save it anyway.
Sableye has subpar bulk but it still gets the job done.
>>
>>28528878
All depends, dude. No one thought Talonflame would land anywhere OU. The only Pokemon you can ever be absolutely sure will always be shit mons are pure grass waifumons
>>
>>28528638
I have a bad feeling about Mudsdale. It'll have good Attack HP and Defense, and shit everything else. What decent moves is it likely to learn outside of Earthquake of course? Wild Charge?
>>
>>28528856
I don't know why half the pokemon with klutz get it (ghost golem mecha? yep, can't use items), and I can't imagine much utility outside of super niche fling/switcharoo builds or super paranoid switcharoo prevention
>>
>>28528917
And I don't know why I quoted that post.
>>
>>28528917
hope it gets flare blitz.
>>
>>28528917
It's gonna learn Flame Charge guaranteed.
That said, the thing around sounds like a good AV user.
>>
>>28528894
I never use the like two multiscale users, how does it interact with substitute then? I'd imagine it just ignores it and does a quarter anyway
>>
>>28528917
Stone Edge and Sneak Stone
>>
>>28528927
It's a flavor ability for Pokémon that aren't dextrous.
>>28528917
Wild Charge, Double Edge, and I'm half-expecting a move that uses Defense to calculate damage instead of Attack
>>
>>28528917
Heavy Press, look at its fucking weight.

If it gets Heavy Press or worse/better a ground stab signature move, then that thing will be a fucking beast
>>
>>28529013
What's heavy press?
>>
>>28528752
good thing chandelure gets infiltrator.
>>
>>28526684
>all of them
/thread
>>
>>28529088
I don't think it will work on Mimikyu, its ability is not really a barrier
>>
>>28526991
I really hope not.
It would need to have some seriously shit stats to fuck up that ability and typing. Especially if the ability resets every time he switches out, which it probably does.
>>
>>28529079
I think he means Heavy Slam, the Steel move that does more the heavier you are.
>>
>>28529122
infiltrator bypasses subs though.
>>
>>28528475
As long as Pyuku doesn't have bottom of the barrel garbage tier HP, it'll be useful for ruining sweeps.
>>
>>28529173
I know, but Disguise is not a sub, maybe it's not affected by Infiltrator.
>>
>>28529228
would that mean mimkyu couldn't be taunted either?
>>
>yfw this abomination some how is OU
>>
>>28529241
The description of the ability only talks about damage, maybe it can be taunted when Disguise is active.
>>
>>28529278
Honestly, I see that thing being kinda bad in singles, but solid in doubles purely because it stops Fake Out.
>>
>>28528475
Are there any good single stage Pokemon that aren't legendary or mega?
The only ones I can think of are Sableye and Skarmory.
>>
>>28528604
I really hope Wishiwashi is good, it's definitely one of my favorite new mons, but it reverts back to a single fish at half hp, right? It would need some monstrous stats to still be good in spite of that. I'd imagine it'll have good offense, and I'm praying for decent speed. It would be really interesting if it had great defenses instead and reliable recovery. To knock it out you'd have to get a hit on him when he's just a single fish, but he could recover back to school form and regain his crazy defenses. I'm not expecting it, but it'd be fun,
>>
>>28529278
Im guessing it's water to trash talk flame and probably rock doggies but I also feel like they have it teeth as an excuse to give it fire fang so it can fuck scizors too
>>
Bruxish will undoubtedly be trash.
Strong Jaw means it'll probably be physically oriented/mixed and get all the shitty fang moves
Meanwhile, it's a Water/Psychic type, not known for its physical capablities
It'll probably be too slow to really profit from Dazzling in singles - plus more info is needed on Dazzling. If it prevents priority attacks from occurring at all, it'll have use in Doubles.
Most likely, it'll have a trashy spread of something like
>>
>>28529313
Heracross is decent without it's mega
>>
>>28529278
>>28529302
>keep this in the back in doubles
>switch it in turn 1 to stop the fakeout and allow your set-up sweeper to set up for free
Doubles OU guaranteed
>>
>>28529383
Looks bulkier than that
>>
>>28528917
Mudsdale uses a unique move in the trailer it was revealed in, doesn't it? I don't remember a horseshoe attack animation.
>>
>>28529313
Aerodactyl
Shuckle
Also klefki
>>
>>28526684
I get a feelin that the worst design will have the best stays.

Im looking at bewear
>>
>>28529278

Unfortunately I'm getting the bad feeling that they're going to try and make it a slow mixed attacker with average bulk. I could be wrong, and maybe it's just flat-out Attack oriented, given the fact that it gets Strong Jaw, but I don't trust Game Freak not to fuck it up somehow.
>>
>>28529525
Yeah, Highhorse Power.

Do we have any idea on what type it is? If it's Ground it has to fight against Earthquake, but if it's something like Fighting, it may be useful.
>>
>>28529579
Bear pokemon are always shit, it's a tradition
>>
Comfey
>>
>>28529623

Ground. At least Rapidash and Zebstrika will be likely to learn it.
>>
>>28529609
If it really stops priority moves just by existing its attack and special attack won't really matter, people will most likely use a bulky support set in doubles.
>>
>>28529643

I don't know about that, Bewear seems like it has potential. Halving damage from contact moves is a pretty great ability, even if it does give it a weakness to Fire.
>>
File: 1471355312837.jpg (76KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471355312837.jpg
76KB, 1200x800px
pain split will be its only recovery move
rip
>>
>>28529658
Highhorse Power better have something to be worthwhile over Earthquake besides not hitting your own side in doubles. Maybe chance of Defence drop?
>>
>>28526991
If its ability blocks transform/imposter, it'll at least be a nice hard counter to chansey spam in balanced hackmons. A nice gift to the meta.
>>
>>28526684
>tfw Bounsweet ends up in OU
>>
>>28528270
>Monotype grass doesn't work
Unless you're tangrowrh.
But I know what you mean and I agree.
>>
Honestly, nothing in this gen really looks like it has the potential to be too powerful, short of the legendaries and maybe whatever Jangmo-o's final stage will be. Maybe it's just me. Wimpod's a personal favorite though, so I really hope it gets the Gyarados treatment.
>>
>>28528633
you don't know what shed skin does do you
>>
>>28530068
Rockruff evolutions are going to be good.
Fast rock types are extremely useful and desirable, the only one that's bad is Archeops, and only because it has a suicide ability.
>>
>>28528633
You're missing the fact that you don't waste an item slot for comatose like you do with poison heal.
>>
>>28530068
Still way too early too say that.
>>
>>28530068
Did gen 6 produce anything notable other than greninja, talonflame and aegislash? They're what they are because of their abilities mostly but gen 6s Pokemon all had really weird stat distribution. Even the pseudo is mediocre.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 625x423px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 625x423px
>>28530333
Trips!
>>
>>28530333
I mean, some Pokemon from prerelease looked like they could be really powerful, even if they turned out not to be. Malamar was one that I thought LOOKED particularly menacing, at least. And then stuff like Tyrantrum, maybe even Pangoro.

Almost nothing that we've seen of gen 7 gives me that same vibe of "holy shit this thing looks like it exudes raw power". They've been taking more of a quirky approach in what they've been revealing lately, I think.
>>
>>28530306
It's essentially got leftovers and can't be statused. and unlike leftovers it keeps healing even after the orbs knocked off.
>>
>>28528435
I calc'd its stats from the trailer and it seems to be s monster.
It outspeed a Murkrow z couple levels higher than it and did a shit ton with Struggle Bug. They either have it really good stats to balance out Whimp Out or they buffed Struggle Bug again.
>>
This was a good read.

Some mons here are saved by their abilities, and since to Sableye Prankster did wonder I can see a niche in which this are decent to good:
- Staters and Lugarugan (They WILL have decent stats. It's expected due spotlight)
- Comatose Komala (Assuming it evolves)
- Stakeout Gumshoos (Its ability is really good and being Normal helps a lot for coverage)
- Berserk OR Sap Sipper Drampa
- Dazzling Bruxish
- Corrosion Salandit (Assuming it evolves)
- Disguise Mimikyu (Perfect setter, since most shit can't hit SE)
- Stamina Mudsdale (If Electric Surge spreads enough)
- Dance Oricorio (Sensu, typing is just great)
- Schooling Wishiwashi
- Crabrawler
- Jangmo-o (Almost directly to OU)
- Tapu Koko (OU Already)

On the verge:
- Innards out Pyukumuku
- Effect Spore Morelull
- Type: Null (Assuming relevance)
- Minior (Depending on what Shields Down actually does. it could work like Aegislash)
- Wimpod (If it evolves, probably going to OU keeping the ability)
- Vikavolt (Depending on stats. With a different HA could potentially rise above, due Tapu)

I think they will not be used or loved: / AKA Shitmons
- Turtonator (Even tho I love this guy)
- Water Compaction Palossand (WHY NOT ARENA TRAP GAMEFREAK!?)
- Lurantis (Physical grass type attacker? Yeah, we have those with better typings)
- Comfey (If it evolves it may be on the verge. Way too dependent on movepool, which is never a good indicator)
- Bewear (I just can't see how this can be used and abused)
- Cutiefly (Perfect typing, but doesn't has the vibe to be a threat. yet)
- Togedemaru (Maybe with a good support team)
- Pikipek (Unless is Steel/Flying in which case it will depend on movepool)
>>
>>28530657
--------------- On the Alolan ---------------
Sandslash: Shit
Ninetales: May be good with a decent HA
Exeggutor: May be AWESOME with a decent HA
Persian: May be decent with Psychic secondary as some suggest.
Marowak: GREAT typing, spread may decide if it goes to OU or UU.
Raichu: OU
Raticate: It will be definitely bulkier than regular Raticate. I'm honestly not sure about this one.

As a side note: If you do the math, Mimikyu attack stat is 92 and HP is 50.
>>
>>28529217
The Japanese trailer showed a level 23 Pyukumuku with 79 hp.
Trailers don't use evs, so its base hp is somewhere between 85 (if it had 31 ivs) to 102 (if it had 0 ivs)
>>
File: DELET THIS.png (12KB, 454x80px) Image search: [Google]
DELET THIS.png
12KB, 454x80px
>>28530806
DELET THIS
>>
>>28530683
cant judge Sandslash by its type alone
its only weak to 3 types which alot of pokemon are immune too
>>
>>28530933
Two of them are 4x weaknesses to pretty common types though.
>>
Although it isn't confirmed, if Jangmo-o is the pseudo-legendary of the region, I want it to be a step up from the mediocrity that was Goodra. Personally I think it would be cool for it to be like this:

Type: Dragon/Steel
Ability: Bulletproof / Soundproof
HA: Stance Change*

HP: 75
ATK: 80
DEF: 135
SPATK: 80
SPDEF: 135
SPD: 95

BST: 600

*Learns Kings Shield only if it has the Ability: Stance Change

>inb4 too over-powered and that will never happen
I know it will never happen, its just fun to come up with new Pokémon stats :)
>>
>>28530933

Could be, but its STAB isn't really going anywhere offensively. And in the defense, thing is it's weak to the most common offensive type. Tyranitar overcame that, but with a lot of power and great offense. Honestly I doubt Sandslash can pull it off.

We will see.
>>
>>28530895
Those are just tears of joy. This is the first time someone was not creeped and picked mimikyu, that's all!
>>
>>28530988
Dragon/Steel is the most likely thing to happen.
I was thinking on:
HP: 95
Attack: 100
Defense: 135
Sp.Attack: 80
Sp.Defense: 110
Speed: 80
>>
>>28530683

>Ninetales: May be good with a decent HA

It'll probably get Snow Warning, and knowing Game Freak they still won't have buffed Hail.
>>
>>28531098
It's the ultimate Dragon/Killer then (?)
If it's Snow Warning, then the meta needs more powerful Ice mons for Ninetails to move up. Like an Ice/Electric (I don't know why I feel Electric and Ground will be the new meta and I'm obsessed with those two this gen)
>>
>>28530988
I know it looks dragon/steel as fuck, and I would still be happy if it turned out to be that, but based on the dex entries, I really do hope for it to be dragon/fighting. Yeah, I know, "Cleffa used Fairy Wind", but I still think it would be cool as fuck, especially if it stays quadrupedal.
>>
>>28530333
Gen 6 had Klefki and all of the legends. Hawlucha would be amazing too if not for Talonflame keeping it down a bit.
>>
>>28531281
And by "dex entries", I mean the flavor text that's on the website, which will more than likely be used for the dex entries anyway.
>>
>>28530333
You could say Clefable as a consequence of Gen VI's changes.
>>
>>28529855
>people play that garbage
>>
>>28530333
don't forget Xerneas
>>
File: teehee.png (158KB, 300x364px) Image search: [Google]
teehee.png
158KB, 300x364px
>>28529278
>implying GF will give this thing the power to completely stop the bravest bird instead of being a minor hinderance.
>>
>>28529278
I seriously hope this thing has massive bulk and good recovery.

Fuck priority.
>>
>>28528224
>Pure grass
What? It's part bug
>it's not

What the fuck?
>>
>>28532010
That's the whole point of the Pokemon. It's based on a plant that mimics the appearance of mantises.
>>
>>28530333
Huge power rodent isn't too shabby.

Neither is Slyveon
>>
File: orchid-mantis.jpg (115KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
orchid-mantis.jpg
115KB, 1920x1080px
>>28532075
Actually it's a plant based on an orchid mantis, which is a bug that looks like a plant
>>
File: FAIRYSHROOM.png (186KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
FAIRYSHROOM.png
186KB, 500x438px
>>28529874
Doubt. Out of all the Grass mons revealed so far, Morelull has more OU potential for being a Fairy that guarantees Sleep. That is if it does evolve though.
>>
>>28532108
Then maybe it's just an orchid?
>>
>>28530739
Oh hell yeah, that's enough.
It's confirmed that the Pokemon who kills it takes the amount of HP Pyuku had in damage?
>>
>>28531514
>hinderance

psssh... nothing personnel kid
>>
>>28532259

Yeah. Alot of orchids mimic bugs like the hammer orchids for example.
>>
>>28526991
I'll bet it's at least on par with sableye stat . that is to say, not that good.
>>
>>28532650
I'll repeat:

It has 50 HP (Bad) with 92 Attack. So in any case is closer to Spiritomb in stats.

Add a free turn to that.
>>
>>28532778
its free sub and Fairy type makes it a pretty good counter to Dragon spam at least
>>
>>28528448
I expected it's stats to be closer to brelooms, just maybe higher attack.
>>
>>28528455
Alolan ninetales is going to be an absolute monster. calling it now.
>>
>>28532984
it'll wreck dragons but besides that i'm not sure
>>
>>28529695
>I don't know about that
ursaring, pangooro and beartic all prove bear pokemon are shit
>>
>>28530739
trailer videos all use 0 EV, 31 IV
>>
File: do not touch.png (75KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
do not touch.png
75KB, 500x485px
I WANT STUFFUL TO BE GOOD
>>
>>28533325
I keep forgetting that this thing is called Stufful. "Bewittle" just seems so much more clever to me, I always think of that as its real name first.
>>
>>28533325
Is that tag on its anus or pussy? And are there beads connected to it?
>>
File: full of stuff.jpg (4KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
full of stuff.jpg
4KB, 238x212px
>>28533501
>>
>>28528917
speaking of Mudsdale moves, we still don't know what Highhorse Power does, but I highly doubt it'll be better than Earthquake
>>
>>28529124
nah it says that Disguise only works once in the entire battle
>>
>>28529774
You know, I actually noticed that Sandygast used one of those grass type draining moves, which actually makes it more interesting if it can potentially learn Giga Drain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR1ssSZfoGY
Also, Sandygast's headbanging animation is great. And Palossand's entrance animation is actually pretty cool with how it rises up from the ground

Also on an unrelated note Turtonator has a mouth and that tube really IS its nose
>>
>>28530657
Shields Down grants immunity to status conditions in the "shell" form, so that's already really good. And yeah, it probably will be like a weaker Aegislash thing, even more so since you can't change at will from defensive to offensive
>>
>>28534401
Nowhere does it specify 'for the entire battle.'
It may well be the case, but I've seen no proof one way or the other as of yet.
>>
>>28532108
>an orchid flower that pretends to be an orchid mantis which pretends to be an orchid flower

this meta mon tho
>>
>>28534571
Mimikyu has the Disguise Ability, a new Ability that no Pokémon has ever before possessed. The Disguise Ability allows it to escape damage from an enemy’s attack just one time, and then its appearance changes.

I guess you're right. But if it really is every time you switch out, that's pretty busted
>>
>>28526684
It's a safe bet that every Grass type will be shit.
>>
>>28528247
I dunno, it just looks like the type of Pokemon with a really high HP stat to me.
>>
>>28534478
I like how between Sandygast and Frillish, Absorb seems to be becoming a trend for ghost types. It would be cool if they made a new ghost-type draining move that isn't Dream Eater.

>>28534559
>Shields Down grants immunity to status conditions in the "shell" form, so that's already really good.

Source? Holy shit, that's awesome. Definitely gonna use the fuck out of Minior in my first run through the game.
>>
>>28528927
The word comes from Yiddish right? I always figured it was a Jew joke playing off the golem thing.
>>
>>28534612
I'm a grassfag and this triggers me.

I wish I could say Alolan Exeggutor will be alright, but it looks slow as fuck, and there's no way it won't be taking an Ice Beam to the face before it even gets to act.
>>
>>28534605
Agreed. You could use toxic spikes and then just repeatedly switch between two mimikyu the entire match.
>>
>>28528791
It could get any number of slashing moves, though.
>>
The only way I can see Alola Exegguttor being good is with this spread and moves:

HP: 95
Attack: 125
Defense: 65
Special Attack: 85
Special defense: 55
Speed: 95

Hidden ability: Harvest

A-Exeggutor @sitrus berry/yache berry/lum berry
Dragon Dance
Wood Hammer
Dragon Claw/Dragon Rush
Synthesis/Sleep Powder/Rock Slide/Zen Headbutt
>>
>>28534800
Mega Sceptile has the same type and all the speed in the world didnt save it from the shit bin. As long as Ice Shard and Brave Bird exist Grass is only a good type in conjunction with Steel. Otherwise it's worse than Ice.

Though maybe Quick Rock will change that.
>>
>>28534983
What killed Mega Sceptile is that its stat distro is fucked and its ability is just mediocre.
It should have gotten techncian or something. Sceptile has so many moves to abuse with technician.
>>
>>28530657
>turtonator
>a shitmon

kek, dragon/fire typing on a defensive/offensive pokemon is amazing and will make it surely OU
>>
>>28530988
How about
HP: 110
Att:115
Def:140
Sp.Atk:60
Sp.Def:140
Spd:35
>>
>>28534774
the official website says so

>With the Shields Down Ability, it will have excellent defensive capabilities as long as its shell is intact. It will also be protected from status conditions.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/minior/

And that's something that not even Aegislash can do, regardless of forme
>>
>>28529774
I feel like its a water killer.
>learns grass type draining moves
>defense up when hit by water moves
>>
It pains me to say it, but i know minior is gonna be shit
>>
>>28526991
as long as it gets at least one boostan move and baton pass then it won't suck.
>>
>>28529794

Maybe it'll be 150 Power ad like 70% accuracy.
>>
>>28528455
Raichu is psychic, not fairy.
>>
>>28526684
You guys really underestimate mimikyu, it's ability can make it good on it's own. That said i hope it's stats are atleast ok.
>>
>>28535765

>Still takes super effective damage from Water moves.
>Ability boosts Defense when some of the most used Water-type moves are Special.
>>
>>28533186
Having gone over all the trailers to cal stats I can confirm that this is not the case. While it is the case most of the time, other times they have random IVs though 22 has popped up quite a few times.
>>
>>28528604
I would expect it has even better stats than Gyarados to be on par with it without having an ability

>>28529352
>reverts back to a single fish at half hp

And it's as dead as Archeops.
>>
Lurantis is actually salvageable, I think. As long as you can get sunlight on the field, being able to consistently hit for 150 BST means it won't even need good attack to hit hard. All it needs is a good speed stat and some decent coverage (Fighting? Rock?) and it'll be decent.
>>
>>28530683
Persian can only be better than Liepard if it gets a huge stat increase compared to regular Persian. Prankster is too good and assuming it keeps its BST it will either have no offensive presence or will be too slow
>>
>>28530333
Sylveon, Klefki, 200000 megas.
>>
>>28530683
>Raticate: It will be definitely bulkier than regular Raticate. I'm honestly not sure about this one.

Bulk will be worth fuck all with fairies and fighting types around. Plus its probably dropped some speed for that bulk.
>>
>>28531012
Let's not forget its ridiculous ability.
>>
>>28534803
Species clause though
>>
>>28535963
It doesn't even need good stats with that ability
>>
>>28530333
If you count changed mons than yes: fairy type and megas are pretty big
original? well diggersby was a fun testament to the huge power of huge power, screaming fag dog is big, I've even seen some heliolisk niche use. Although it's to be expected, seeing as 6 was the smallest gen by new pokemon
>>
>>28528270
Tangrowth and Serperior beg to differ.
>>
>>28537768
Serperior is a miracle
>>
>>28528791
If it gets a good movepool, it might reach as far as RU.
>>
>>28537768
Serperior would be utter shit without Contrary. Despite Regenerator being the reason how Tangrowth is OU, the vine creature can pull it's weight without it for having amazing stats outside special def(Assult Vest helps) and speed(Chlorophyll helps but faster grass type options like Venusar exist). Tangrowth is the only non-legend mono Grass done right.
>>
>>28536363
>knock off
>night slash
>psycho cut
>shadow claw
>Rock slide if generous
>seed bomb
It can work. All it need is sun support and good speed and attack.

Also, let's not forget, every new gen new moves are introduced so who knows what the movepools of these pokemon could look like.
>>
>>28529278
I love it.
>>
>>28528247
Physical Defense saved by Fluffy
>>
>>28535972
Not to mention people will just spam scald until they get the burn whether it's a physical attacker it not
>>
>>28538154
At the cost of an unofficial Fire weaknes.
>>
>>28526684
Cutiefly is a guaranteed shitmon.

>Shield Dust or Honey Gather

JUST
>>
>>28538042
tangrowth wouldn't be used without regenerator. don't talk down serperior without contrary when tangrowth is only as good and used as it is because of regenerator, just like serperior with contrary. tangrowth would be pu/nu without it.

also no shit abilities are what some pokemon good. what even is this discussion.
>>
>>28538457
i'd wager honey gather is going to change. the only pokemon with it currently lose it when they evolve.
>>
>>28536587
Alolan Persian will at least have the merit of being a Para/Flincher wherever it ends up. STAB Technician Bite is a potentially obnoxious tool to have.
>>
>>28538457
But shield dust is actually good
Granted we've only seen shitmons with that ability
>>
>>28541602
And they're all small winged bugs.

Gee, sounds familiar...
>>
I do hope Alolan Ninetales gets Dazzling as its Hidden Ability.
>>
Bounsweet, to me, will depend entirely on whether it's a 2 stage or 3 stage evolution line.
>>
Outside of megas, do you really think GF is making mons with comp in mind? Any early revealed Pokemon always seem like cute presentable Pokemon to pique peoples' interests. I can't imagine any Pokemon in OP's picture are usuable, except whatever that dollar menu Pikachu is.

I remember when Gogoat got revealed and I wanted to ride its dick. It looks presentable, grass type would help with gimmick builds, but it's NU for a reason.
>>
>>28541855
A lot seem to be made with the idea of doubles in mind, even though doubles are relatively uncommon in-game.
>>
ITT: smogonfags being autistic as usual
>>
>>28534384
We don't even know the actual name yet, HHP is translated from the Japanese video I think.

But it sounds most like a Ground type version of Heavy Slam/Heat Crash.
>>
>>28528849
You can shit on defensive Heatrans.
Not mentioning many forget that you can poison Poison types too. Shitting on Mega Venusaur isn't really bad.
>>
>>28542198
>being in /vp/
>not being autistic about pokemon competitive shit as well
It's fun to imagine what kind of potential this mons have with the information we have for now
>>
>>28536942
>Species clause
Why the fuck there are Species clause
>>
>>28542433
Do you really want to fight 6x Lando-T?
>>
>Wishiwashi
This thing will be like the Darmanitan that only has Zen Mode as its ability. As soon as it reaches a certain amount of HP, it becomes shit.
>>
>>28542744
You mean, until it reaches a certain amout of HP, it's shit, right?
>>
>>28541602
T-take that back,venomoth is goat,GOAT
>>
>>28535972
Most Water moves are Special, there's a lot more Physical Water Pokemon than people give credit for. Pokemon whose main STAB is Waterfall or Aqua Jet.

In competitive, at least.
>>
>>28528247
Bear's aren't really known for having poor defenses.
>>
>>28542472
my vanilluxe could piss all over that team lickity split
>>
>>28542472
If so, why not just limit to 3
>>
>>28538738
tangrowth is a bit better but just because it has a movepool most grass would kill for. snake has a better staple sets that you don't need to stray from. Tangrowth has more variety and surprise factor til it uses it first move
>>
>>28541855
gen 5-6 had big stats in mind, i think since they tried lowering the powercreep while boosting oldmons with mixed results.
This gen they seem really focused on abilities, the thing that made talonflame, sableye, aegislash stand out. i want to see new moves but GF isnt talking about them.
>>
>>28542744
its better since it starts out that way, Darma has to be half dead to activate. If its arcehops defeatist tier thats bad.
>>
>>28530806
>>28531072
I hope you die in a horrible accident, you piece of shit.
>>
>>28528778
A clown with a bunch of tumours.
>>
>>28534559
I'm expecting built-in shell smash but only raising the offenses one stage. So basically a better weak armor.
>>
>>28534783
>klutz
>Origin
>1960s: from Yiddish klots ‘wooden block.’
dude...
unfortunately falls apart since the original japanese for "klutz" is just the jap word for clumsy
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.