[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me where everyone is getting this idea that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: pkmn UB's.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
pkmn UB's.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Can someone tell me where everyone is getting this idea that Ultra Beasts aren't something to be caught? I've seen all the trailers in english and Japanese and read all the descriptions and nothing suggests that you're not able to catch them. I think that if there was a monster in the pokemon world that you couldn't catch, they'd make a pretty big deal out of the fact that they're simply interdimensional bosses or some shit.
>>
>>28525833
Because Ultra Beasts are not in the Pokemon tab when every other pokemon is.
>>
It's literally only because they're not specifically called Pokemon.
>>
>>28525833
>>28526059
Why do you even want to catch them?
>Inb4 gotta catch thm all!!! lol xD
>>
>>28526078
Because they look cool.
>>
There are only two options:

>UBs aren't catchable, like the Ghost from Red / Blue
>UBs are eventually catchable, and Gamefreak wants to surprise us

Assuming ultra beasts aren't a human / pokemon hybrid or some horror, I expect number two.
>>
>>28526078
>implying you don't want gainsquito on your team
spot me, skeeter
>>
>>28525833

We literally do not know one way or the other.

>50% of /vp/ says "they're not Pokemon, no way are they catchable"
>50% says "they're probably gonna turn out to be Pokemon anyway in the end, definitely catchable"

When the truth is, no one outside of TPC actually knows the truth yet. There's reason to speculate for both sides of the debate but without more solid info it's pretty moot.
>>
>>28526115
>There's reason to speculate for both sides of the debate but without more solid info it's pretty moot.
Lol you can't stop /vp/ from doing what it does best.
>>
>>28525833
They're not Pokemon, they don't have slots in the Pokedex.
>>
>>28526156
>you can't stop /vp/ from doing what it does best.
Varying between the extremes with no middle ground at all?
>>
Pokemon =
Poket + Monsters

K.
>>
>>28525833
I'm not one to jump to conclusions, but personally I hope they're like the Black Kyurem boss battle (except actually difficult) and then there's a way to get them post-game
>>
>>28526207
I'm open for both possibilities myself, because it can go either way. Either they aren't catchable in any way, or Game Freak is simply being coy and secretive about the end point.
>>
it's a new classification of pokemon, ultra beast, you need a special pokeball to catch it and it's about equivalent to a mega--evolution ,but permanent
>>
>>28525833
Because they're people?
>>
>>28526281
>Because they're people?
Speculation

We don't know the truth about what they fully are.
>>
>>28526078
>not wanting a qt jelly, waifu cockroach, or swole skeeter on your team
you must have some pretty shit taste
>>
>>28526280
I would be fine with this.
>UBs have legendary tier stats, but you can only have one on a team at a time and they can only use specific items
>>
>>28526207
They don't have a space on the website, you mean. We don't know anything about the Pokedex right now. If we did, you can tell me which number in the Pokedex Crawbrawler is.
>>
>>28526095

Not gonna lie, If they are catchable, there's a very small chance that I won't use them They sound too overpowered, and if they continue the trend of making this game pissingly easy then they're just going to be tropies rotting in my PC. I'll probably soft reset for a shiny or maybe use a synchronize abra to get a good nature for OCD reasons, but I doubt i'll ever use them.
>>
>>28525833

> this entire board implying because they aren't human that they can be caught even though version-exclusive-villains have existed in the past and its very possible to have a non-human villain
>>
File: 1448241993910.jpg (26KB, 300x317px) Image search: [Google]
1448241993910.jpg
26KB, 300x317px
They're not classified as Pokemon, they don't have typings, and they don't have cries. I think that's pretty good evidence against them being obtainable, but I could always be wrong
>>
>>28526207
*citation needed*
>>
>>28525833
The UBs are the true forms of the Aether foundation members
>>
>>28526396
unobtainable until we get the latest research or tech from alohan Oak I'll bet
>>
>>28526366
They don't even appear on the Pokemon page. They have their own page.
>>
>>28525833
Because they're not listed as Pokémon.

Also the wishful thinking they'll be boss battles, so they can have massive hp or broken abilities. If they're not catchable, they don't need to be balanced for player use.
>>
>>28526373
Pokemon with active cutscenes starting in gen 5 cannot be shiny. This is why some shiny hunters think the starters this gen will actually be shiny locked, because you physically pick up your starters and they have introduction cutscene.
>>
File: 1458410096885.png (8KB, 494x376px) Image search: [Google]
1458410096885.png
8KB, 494x376px
>>28526396
Thing is, Anon, it's always best to at least try and keep an open mind. We don't know what Game Freak has planned. It's best to not fully make up your mind, and to just consider the possibilities here.
>>
>>28526396
UB-01 has a cry
>>
>>28526452

ultra-dex
>>
File: B2W2_Majin_Pokéstar.png (10KB, 199x133px) Image search: [Google]
B2W2_Majin_Pokéstar.png
10KB, 199x133px
>>28525833
>you can't catch unidentified ghosts in RBY/FRLG
>you can't catch Marowak's dead mother
>you can't catch black kyurem/white kyurem when you battle it
>you can't catch the creatures in the pokestar studios

Not catching the Ultra Beasts shouldn't be a big deal.
>>
>>28526452
Sorry, that's what I mean haha.
>>
>>28526270
I hope they're like this too. When you fight them during the main story, they have impossible HP stats and offenses, but when they're catchable they have balanced 600 BSTs or something.

So like fighting a boss demon in SMT versus actually having one in your party.
>>
>>28526485
It's a big deal because they bothered to make full-fledged high-poly models and designs for these things. It isn't like the ghosts because you can still have your own Marowak, and it isn't like Majin/Mecha Tyranitar because those were fictional props in the game's universe.

These things are straight-up monsters in a franchise about having your personalized team of your favorite six monsters. There's a reason why people are mad you won't be able to use mosquito man.
>>
Because they're not Pokemon. Also their abilities are too powerful. OB-01 Beauty gets 24/7 Attract on all opposing Pokemon. It won't be catchable.
>>
They seem catchable to me because of their descriptions, specifically Beauty's. It mentions it being able to infatuate Pokemon regardless of gender which seems like we'd at least be able to battle them, and hopefully catch.
>>
File: 1473167389889.png (299KB, 519x421px) Image search: [Google]
1473167389889.png
299KB, 519x421px
>>28525833
It's obvious that she's talking about Ultra Beasts. If they're just pokemon from a different dimension then there shouldn't be anything stopping us from catching them.
>>
>>28526499
>So like fighting a boss demon in SMT versus actually having one in your party.
I'd be okay with this. Years ago, I would have claimed that Pokemon offered a unique opportunity for the enemy to only have the same sort of tricks and Pokemon that you yourself could also have. However, the opportunity for a truly memorable fight is lost when even the big boss fights are just the exact same fight that you have had a thousand times before, set to new music. The Giratina fight in Platinum was memorable because up to that point, it was the only thing even remotely like that in game. A subtle detail like it sliding in from above instead of from the side made all the difference. Imagine how interesting things could get if you could fight something that played by completely different rules in pokemon?
>>
>>28526698
Ofcourse you'll be able to battle them. That doesn't mean you can catch them.
>>
The point of them is that they can have crazy ass stats that would be OP for a Pokemon, so Pokemon can have big boss fights. If you could catch them and use them it would be even lamer than using Legendaries.
>>
>>28526700
She is talking about the legendaries, and by love she means she is gonna fuck them in the ass.
>>
>>28526499
I am thinking the same thing. The tech to be able to capture them might be developed in the postgame. They may not be pokemon, but that won't stop science from trying to find a way.
>>
They can just have a post-game online battle mode where you go to the Aether Foundation and battle with them against each other without ever owning them.
>>
DEOXYS ????????????????????????
>>
To me they just look some big motherfucking boss which can be dropped from the franchise in the next game when they are 'defeated', and no one talks about them again.

The designs just don't shout "permanent feature"
>>
>>28526366
783. Screencap this.
>>
>>28526499
>>28526974
They could also give a bullshit reason like whatever you use to capture them limits and stabilizes their power.
>>
>>28526046
Literally this.
>>
>>28527438
maybe all ultra beasts become type:null when they get limited
>>
how would you feel if there were special Z stones to channel their power, giving your mon their broken abilities? Or just summon them to kick ass after a flashy cutscene?
>>
>>28527469
I'd actually go for this one.
>>
>>28527469
I would like that. Seems a lot more interesting than what Z-Moves currently are.
>>
>>28527438
There's actually precedence for that. Pokeballs will apparently limit a legendary's power (Why? I don't know). That's why Cyrus tried to go for a different method because Dialga/Palkia wouldn't be powerful enough to do what he wants them to do if he captured them in the traditional fashion.
>>
>>28526458
I'd love for them to have multiple forms so each one is effectively a party of pokemon
>>
>>28525833
Because they're autistic, or shitposting.

You're better off ignoring them. They are pokemon, and will be captureable.
>>
>>28529947
You're equally autistic or shitposting.
The correct position is that they MIGHT be pokemon and they MAY be capturable.

Do not speak with certainty about things which you cannot know.
>>
>>28530074
This. UB's are vague enough as it is, and it doesn't help that we have hints in either direction. It's too bad the vocal part of /vp/ only sees things in absolutes.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.