[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>plus sign is the new blue pentagon WHY WHY IS THIS A THING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 1

>plus sign is the new blue pentagon

WHY

WHY IS THIS A THING NOW

FUCK NOW I HAVE TO REDO MY ENTIRE LIVING DEX NEXT GEN
>>
>>28524580
Why? If I remember correctly it doesn't add anything other than a crown by the 3 regional pokedexes.
>>
>>28524642
You can only use the Pokemon with the pentagon online.
>>
>>28524580
That doesn't matter for anything except VGC you idiot
>>
Why did you even make a living dex knowing we're heading onto 7th gen?
>>
>>28524580
Why would that matter?
>>
>>28524580
Was it even fucking possible to do a living dex with just pentagon pokemon?
>>
>>28524660
So? I always breed pokemon from my living dex before I use them online, because most of them have shit stats.
>>
>>28524676

Wait, why not? I started working on one after getting back into the series and finishing Y.
>>
>>28524710
I believe you can get everything except Meloetta, which is coming in an event soon.
>>
>Legendaries will be banned from VGC again
Neat
>>
>>28524721
They wont be usable online. Theres absolutley no point in making a living dex nowadays. Its sorta a dead thing
>>
>>28524710
Yes, after ORAS came out it was possible if you don't count event legends.
>>
>>28524580
Probably to tell between Sun and Moon Version exclusives and Alolan mons in general. Pre Gen 7 mons will evolve into regular forms on Alola. While those naturally born on alola will evolve into their specific alola form. While my personal opinion on rockruff's version specific evo is that it's retarded, the symbols could also represent Sun and Moon version pokemon so they can have their specific evolutions, such as for Rockruff. Im pretty sure thats harder than coding a time based evolution(day and night), but whatever, if gamefreak feels that way.
>>
>>28524750
Anything you hatch in SM gets the plus sign, and you need a full Pokedex for the Shiny Charm
>>
>>28524676
MODS
>>
>>28524710
Only 2 pokemon can't have a pentagon right now (genesect and moletta) but those are getting distributed with the pentagon soon
>>
>>28524726
All your pokemon have the blue pentagon? I started collecting my living dex back in 3, and i'm not about to just replace everything for the sake of a pentagon.

Besides: a vanishingly small percentage of wild caught or game used pokemon have anything remotely useful in terms of IV's, If you're searching for competitive use, you have to breed.
>>
what the fuck is a living dex and what does that pentagon mean
>>
>>28524922
living dex = having every pokemon in your box
pentagon = proof the pokemon was obtained in XYORAS
>>
>>28524904
Don't you just breed living dex mon's for a pentagon offspring? Except legendaries, of course.
>>
>>28524750
Maybe some people don't play online? You get ingame perks when you have a complete dex. Im transferring my Omega Ruby living dex to Sun immediately after I finish the Alola dex to get the shiny charm.
>>
>>28524788
>implying living dex is the same as catching them all
How can you be this new?
>>
>>28524750
I don't use 721 pokémon online so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>28524660
Only on Rating Battles, you can still using them in Free Battles.

tbqh why you want to play a mode that tells you how many times you won/lost? Free Battles is superior (except for noobs and people using legendaries, that are like 30%)
>>
>>28524979
I've never banked or transferred a Pokemon from gen 3~5...
Do they gain pentagons?
>>
>>28524850
tfw no one cares abut keldeo
>>
>>28524580
The blue pentagon is not required to validate a dex entry, so i don't see why you should redo your living dex.
>>
>>28524750
You make a living dex not to bother with the Pokédex once every fucking game, not to actually use them in battle.
>>
>>28524979
Well only your mum would have a box that big
>>
>>28524750
The point of a living dex isn't to use for battle but for your dex entry in the next generation. And also for breeding fodder.
>>
>>28525115
no, having a pentagon just means that the Pokemon was caught or hatched in gen 6
>>
>>28525016
No. I have a living dex of pokemon which reflects my captures, Gym battles, and championships going as far back as Fire Red. I'm not going to breed, hatch, and evolve 570-ish pokemon just to put a blue pixel beside their IV markings.

Besides: the overwhelming majority of my living dex is just wild-caught, hand-raised, with random EV training (if it has any at all) and random IVs. There's no rush to make them blue pentagon. If i want to compete with a pokemon in battle spot, I'll breed one that will be good enough, and then that one will have a little blue pentagon.
>>
>>28525196
You're supposed to at least have a little autism about it anon
>>
>>28524580
They wouldn't just make it so all your comp Pokemon from XYORAS aren't usable anymore... R-right...?
>>
>>28524922
>living dex
having every pokemon in the box.
>pentagon
Means the pokemon's game of origin is XYORAS
>>
>>28524580
No, no, no anon. You don't want your Unova pokemon to say they are from Alola do you?

Kanto Pokemon from FRLG or VC RBYG
Johto from HGSS
Hoenn from ORAS or RSE
Sinnoh from DPPt (or remake)
Unova from BW or B2/W2
Kalos from XY
Alola from SuMo

All with the same trainer names. The goes for catchable legendaries too, and Mythics if you got them from an event in the right game (which is possible, all relevant mythics had events during that time frame, but it is excusable to not have mythics fr the right regions)
>>
>>28525697
On the bright side you might not see Mega Fug, Primals and Genies for a while.
>>
>>28525936
>Kanto Pokemon from FiReLeGr or VC ReBlYeGr
>Johto from HeGoSoSi
>Hoenn from OmRuAlSa or RuSaEm
>Sinnoh from DiPePt (or remake)
>Unova from BlWh or Bl2/Wh2
>Kalos from XY
>Alola from SuMo

Fixed
>>
>>28525971
Mega Fug and Primals are banned from Rating Battles what are you talking about? (Unless you wanted to say Online Competitions)
>>
>>28526039
This upsets me
>>
>>28526039
>eXwY
Fixed
>>
>>28525936

But what about Orre pokemon?
>>
>>28526064
He means if we have another bank situation, we won't be dealing with certain Pokemon until a few months later or even in VGC for the year
>>
>>28524580
It's not THAT bad. You only can't use them in official tournaments and outside of that it doesn't affect you.
>>
>>28526193
No pokemon originate in Orre.
>>
>>28526194
VGC didn't allow strong legendaries or Pokemon from outside the Kalos dex in the first year after XY came out so I don't see why they would allow them now
>>
>>28526267
Except those wild ones from XD.
>>
Fuck the pentagon and fuck the plus sign, I already completed my gen 1-6 living dex for S/M a few weeks ago by playing through all my old agmes and doing basically this >>28525936

It was actually fun and not egg-hatching hell, no way I'm doing that.
>>
Am I the only one who would like a living dex just because.. it's fun?
>>
>>28526370
But when those are transferred forward they list "Distant Land" instead of Orre. Only pokemon from mainline games that are transferred forward keep their region name
>>
>>28526384
It literally doesn't matter unless you're trying to use old mons for next year's VGC

just breed new ones
>>
So, who here puts all the starters and legendaries together at the front and back of their living dexes?

It looks nicer that way.
>>
Pikachu's cheeks are white.

Is this alolan pikachu?
>>
>>28526516
I'm pretty autistic and need to sort all my boxes well, so no.

If I make a living dex it's exactly as the national dex
>>
>>28526548
But the national dex is stupid. It doesn't account for alt formes, and there are pokemon out of place like Dialga/Palkia/Giratina and Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem
>>
You don't have to have a pentagon in order to fully complete the national pokedex in XY and ORAS. You'd still get the same diploma and shiny charm. I know that in XY the only time you needed a pentagon pokemon was for the the whole Kalos Dex.
>>
>>28526545
No its special ice pikachu
>>
>>28526637
>>28526516
I have my own Dex order based on similarities, all dogs together, cats, reptiles, fish, etc. Stuff like Carbink and Geodude are together, and Item shaped pokemon as well. It's easy to add new pokemon too, all the alolan stuff already shown has a spot.

I keep legendaries at the end, seperate from everything else though.
>>
>>28526438

So what kind of symbol will distant land have?
>>
>>28527777
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.