[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Fanfiction General and Writethread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 121

File: joltikdance.gif (55KB, 153x205px) Image search: [Google]
joltikdance.gif
55KB, 153x205px
/vpwt/: Joltik a qt Edition

>post fanfics you like
>share your own fics, ask for advice, post story updates
>discuss writerly struggles with fellow writefriends

Join us in IRC at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ] to discuss your fics, hang out and chat, and be frightened by the regulars!

Previous Thread: >>28457521

Check out the catalog for a directory of fics from fellow writefags,
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

>Can I post NSFW fics?
Absolutely! There are no rules against NSFW text links.

>How should I post my fics?
Please, for the convenience of everyone involved, link to a host like Fanfiction.net, Pastebin or Google Docs rather than dumping your fics in text posts. This not only keeps the thread tidy (and keeps you from getting an infraction for spam), but it also provides a more permanent place to store your work.

>Can I add a fic I wrote to the catalog?
Sure! Check the catalog for the submission link. In there, you can find a link to a Google Form - fill out all the necessary information and it will be submitted for review automatically. Technology is incredible!

We're also looking to collect ideas for fanfics as a resource for stumped writers. Feel free to throw an idea out there; someone may choose to use it themselves!

Ideabin: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

Topic of the Thread: What scenes do you struggle the most in writing? If you're a reader, what scenes turn you off from a fic (grammar aside)?
>>
>>28516870
Have a recap. It's on the house

Lusamine finally gets some attention with her domming the male protag. NSFW
http://pastebin.com/SYMtjkrL

Dknight shares a piece involving Slyveon and Sabrina. Is looking for feedback. NSFW
pastebin.com/ss751XEi

Snapath starts a new series called The Azure Sun Rises. Is looking for feedback. SFW
http://pastebin.com/ANw7U0n6

An anon makes use of Roselia's sweet scent for some fun. NSFW
http://pastebin.com/rgG6fHj5

A misdrevus gets trapped inside a water bottle, that poor ghost. SFW
ttp://pastebin.com/23fN2ts9

Ee4ee makes a story about social outcasts hanging out and having teatime with Mismagius. SFW
http://pastebin.com/xG8LfW0s

An anon is looking for feedback about an advenure story involving Steven and Zinnia. SFW
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RHZNPytJ7EnYPwYX25hIBBQvzl0NTsTIuDKA5uA7N6A

An anon makes a PMD fic called Desolate Sea. Is looking for feedback. SFW
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12148633/1/Desolate-Sea
Updated Fics
Ee4ee's BtsF Chapter 7
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12125737/7/Big-Shoes-to-Fill
>>
>>28516870
>Topic of the Thread: What scenes do you struggle the most in writing?
Combat. I have no sense for what is and isn't an interesting action scene.

>what scenes turn you off from a fic (grammar aside)?
Any scene wherein the author is ass-pulling a change in the philosophy of the story's world to drop plot armor onto a character or to escape an unforeseen consequence of a prior plot point.
>>
>>28516870
ToTT: Combat. I don't know what a good balance between describing a fight and letting imagination do the work is and the few fights I've written are probably very dry or lacking as a result, I dunno.

I really couldn't properly explain what turns me off to a piece of work at this point. The best I could do is say I use "voice" as my guideline as to whether I read something or not. If the first few sentences don't illustrate a style I like I tend to just skip past. This is as far as reading for pleasure is concerned anyway, and I seldom do that.
>>
File: 1471966108312.jpg (375KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1471966108312.jpg
375KB, 1024x1024px
Fuck, I had to go to bed early and the thread died and I still have no sleep and here's a flopwop

>TOTT
I'm fucked hardest by introducing plot in low-suspense situations. I just can't turn my narration voice off, and it seeps into the dialogue just because I'm forced to write so fucking slowly and deliberate. Not that I've timed it, but I think it takes me half as long to effectively write fight scenes than it does just two people talking about how fucked everything is. That shit can flow like butter if I'm in the right mood.
>>
>>28518209
>TotT
Most likely writing extremely long chapters. I look at things like that big ass chapter Migima made in Ears and i wonder how the fuck i could even do something that big, even when going heavy in plot i probably wouldnt hit anything above 10k words.
>>
>>28518777
I don't think you're even supposed to make chapters that long. I'm just a freak that decides that his chapter 5s should be multi-parted and exhausting, which is why it's probably going to be another week before I drop the next hot suffering mixtape in MoM.
>>
File: 48052322_p0.png (553KB, 751x942px) Image search: [Google]
48052322_p0.png
553KB, 751x942px
Just took my eyes of the thread for a minute and it was already in the archives.
>>
>>28516870
>Topic of the Thread: What scenes do you struggle the most in writing?
I could say smut, and be truthful, but since I only write it in requests it doesn't feel like it fits the spirit of the question.

I think combat would be a better answer. Combat requires a very specific pacing structure to flow well, and I'm never sure I hit it. My description of what's going on is up to snuff I feel, but how the description flows is a different story.

It's probably the biggest reason my stuff only has a couple combat scenes (none in BStF yet) and I tend to structure things where the characters are trying to avoid combat rather than seeking it out. That might change for an upcoming story I have, which would be good practice for me.

I still hate my smut

>>28519674
The sleepy hours are the most dangerous, anon. The Pokemon youtube channel and CoroCoro have conspired to smite us.
>>
>>28519674
At least this time around hype has cooled, even though it's just info about the UB02 enemies
>>
>>
File: 1458317160420.jpg (144KB, 480x540px) Image search: [Google]
1458317160420.jpg
144KB, 480x540px
Topic of the Thread: What scenes do you struggle the most in writing?

The scenes I struggle with most are those that incorporate perspective change. I usually write from a limited number of personalities for this reason. Trying to get better at making it fluid in my chapters; however, I will say that if I want to shift perspectives is so much easier to write a new story.

If you're a reader, what scenes turn you off from a fic (grammar aside)?
I'm adding on to what >>28517334 had to say, since I agree with it.
Not seeing consequences that would naturally follow some action taken by one of the characters. Or an explanation by the author to embellish /why/ things did not go as expected. That really bugs me more than mere deus ex machina for sure. And those two gripes frequently go together. I'd overlook it if the story had me interested up until then.
>>
>>28511113
I'm not too experienced with reviewing stuff, but I'll say what I thought anyway.

It looks like it has potential, and isn't too bad as is, but there are a few problems I saw. For instance, there are some places where it feels like a transition is needed to link two scenes together, but there is none. One example is when Sid goes downstairs in the guild and the next sentence suddenly has him in the middle of a conversation with the Guildmaster.
>I thanked him as I climbed down yet again.
>"I'm sorry…" Those words rang in my ears like a bell, that soothing and calm voice becoming annoying in an instant.

Also, later on, there's a jump between him saying he got a job at the cafe and then showing that he burned himself with the water.
>I answered the call, and alongside me was a Mr. Mime, and a Braixen.
>"Shit," I muttered to myself. I had burned myself with a pot of boiling water.

I suggest you either add more of a smooth transition with more sentences linking the scenes, or add a section break, such as a few blank lines or some kind of symbol like three asterisks, to indicate a jump in time between the two scenes.

In addition...
>>
>>28511113
>>28521552
...the main problem I've seen is that there are quite a few comma splices, which are sentences where two independent clauses are awkwardly combined with a comma. For example:
>I had not known just how busy the town was at this time of year, spring had just started, and it was the perfect weather for trade between the distant continents

Sid points out that the town is busy, then goes on to talk about how it's spring. Those are two independent clauses, and combining them into one sentence with a comma between them doesn't flow very well. It would flow better if the two points were either separated into two sentences or combined with some sort of conjunction. Here, the first comma should probably be replaced by a period to separate the two points.

The very next sentence has the same problem:
>Even in a small village like mine the idea that safe trade routes had opened up baffled me, at the time I would have never comprehended the vast distance between the two landmasses.

Either replace the comma with a period or add some kind of word to link the two ideas. Alternatively, in this case, you might be able to say "because" after the comma in order to lead into the next point you're making.
>>
>>28516870
So are you guys in any other writing communities besides pokemon?
>>
>>28521889
I have some original fiction that is very slowly taking shape. I also write (on a different account) very infrequently about Warframe.

Used to write about League, but I stopped playing the game after it became almost incomprehensibly shit. Also wrote for another IP on (another) different account but I stopped because I lost interest.

I also write stuff for a pathfinder campaign that I GM, but life has kept my players and I from playing for a couple months or so.
>>
File: 1467733386288.png (178KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467733386288.png
178KB, 480x480px
>>28521889
I can't speak for anyone here but myself.

I'm in several other writing communities. I use various aliases on the web so it's unlikely you'd recognize my work elsewhere. Got into writing for Pokemon back in 2010; it was not my first attempt at fanfiction. I'm also writing an original fiction in addition to my fanfics.
>>
>>28521889
I posted stuff for three other IPs in high school. When I post my new stuff, I'm just going to make a new account.
>>
Pokemon dance competition story when?
>>
>>28521889
I'm also trying to make a one-shot before diving into a romance/erotic story with Yo-kai Watch
>>
File: 1473702342525.png (881KB, 1078x1789px) Image search: [Google]
1473702342525.png
881KB, 1078x1789px
Happy family
Would you adopt them?
>>
>>28524322
I don't see why not.
>>
>>
File: 17885795_p0.jpg (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
17885795_p0.jpg
97KB, 600x600px
>>
>>28521552
>>28521579
Thanks for the info, i really appreciate the thought. I do know commas are my weakpoint, its happened in the past. In chapter two ill take more time to look it over.
>>
>>28526150
To add to that, I usually just fuck my shit up by thinking too much. I review a scene through my head like a movie you know? I look at two scenes that need to be separated and i see jump cuts, i think its the fact that i spend to much time watching movies but fuck it, its something i can iron out over time.
>>
>>28525549
>it's in a pokeball
Cheeky cunt
>>
>>28526230
As far as I know, jump cuts aren't really the way to go in writing (though I could be wrong, because I'm not much of a writer myself). In writing, it seems to be more proper to make a scene change more like a dissolve or fade-out and fade-in rather than a straight-up jump cut. Make it more gradual to ensure the readers know that the scene has changed, so that they aren't thrown off. It could be as simple as a section break like I mentioned; or it could be a few lines that mention how the scene has changed, time has passed, and/or the characters have moved somewhere else.

But like you said, you can definitely iron it out. Just keep practicing and you should improve with time.
>>
>>28526569
No one can know he impregnated his leavanny twice.
>>
File: 3727710_p0.jpg (226KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
3727710_p0.jpg
226KB, 712x712px
>>
File: 11660077_p0.jpg (190KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
11660077_p0.jpg
190KB, 400x800px
>>
File: 1473787824714.jpg (449KB, 2664x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1473787824714.jpg
449KB, 2664x2000px
>>
>>28527774
>>28527186
Bug is the best type.
>>
File: 1472180506977.png (886KB, 945x1187px) Image search: [Google]
1472180506977.png
886KB, 945x1187px
>>28528553
I would not say the best but it is really cute.
>>
>>28528659
I didn't stutter did I anon? I said best type.
>>
File: untitled.png (526KB, 600x674px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
526KB, 600x674px
>>28528659
Damn it now I want a story about best queen.
Will wait until somebody asks to post my request.
>>
>>
Beware the poke.
>>
File: 1472424935422.png (180KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472424935422.png
180KB, 500x600px
Chapter 2 of "The Azure Sun Rises" is up! And in case you're wondering, pic is very related.

Feel free to read it here: http://pastebin.com/5fNyMSgB

And as always, any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: 1400027056_chd_roselia.png (427KB, 1111x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1400027056_chd_roselia.png
427KB, 1111x1111px
Hopefully there's no more news for now so no danger of waking up and see the thread archive again so soon.
>>
http://pastebin.com/KpvPszZx
Have an updated list of Wicke fics for anyone interested
>>
>TotT
I describe shit too much I feel.
I mean it is almost to the point of redundancy. Guess that is just my shit skills at writing that is holding me back in that regard.
>>
File: 1445604832902.jpg (218KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445604832902.jpg
218KB, 960x720px
Are there any stories revolving around the eerie fairy trainers?
>>
File: 1473348105723.jpg (427KB, 1272x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1473348105723.jpg
427KB, 1272x1800px
Page 6 bump
>>
File: 1473640599822.jpg (84KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1473640599822.jpg
84KB, 750x750px
Nothing tonight, sorry folks. Another endeavor has consumed my time, one I hope to drop here soon enough.
>>
File: 1433035274087.jpg (220KB, 1080x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1433035274087.jpg
220KB, 1080x1280px
>>28530254
>Have you heard about that happened to Azure Shore?
I think you meant "what"

> The Grass-type had been frozen in place by Stoutland’s statement that she couldn’t fight anything, as it made her feel once again like she was useless, making her pause as her anxiety and fears gripped her again.
Passively, and awkwardly worded; make it active and restructure. I have an idea, but use whatever you think works out best: "She felt useless. The Stoutland's words had paralyzed her, and the old fear and anxiety she'd left at the stairs was upon her once again."

> She stared down the tunnel, her eyes frozen on the last spot she had seen Stoutland, her body rooted to the spot where Stoutland had left her.
Said spot twice; recommend changing it up.

>I’m better at attacking physically than specially, but still, maybe it was a good thing that I used it.
You're telling rather than showing here - and you do this in a few different sections of the latter half of this work. The source material does demand a degree of "hey this is X and it does Y thing," but you should do all you can to help minimize statements like these and instead work them more fluidly into dialogue, description and action.

The latter half of this chapter, particularly the last few paragraphs, starts to suffer from adverbs, passive voice, and some awkward phrasing. Stoutland's internal struggle in particular needs work I think - it is on the cusp of feeling genuine. Otherwise, you're doing fine, write on.
>>
>>28533530
Ya fuckin podracing through millions of words or some shit, and I'm sitting here taking double time on one instance of 17k words. Don't try and burn yourself out.
>>
>>28533569
Thank you for the advice; I'll go back and apply it. But regarding the adverbs and passive voice and awkward phrasing and such in the latter part, do you think you could point out some examples that you saw? I'm having trouble finding instances of them myself.
>>
>>28533530
I know that feel. My "about an hour" project today ran about all of them. And isn't finished.
>>
>>28534058
Take my notation of awkward phrasing with a grain of salt. I could very well be full of shit and just not like the way something sounded.

Line 144; adverb.
Line 146; "the thought caused a small surge of pity within him" - awkward; focus shifts to the feeling of pity upon him, not him feeling pity.
Line 152; suddenly, quickly, immediately, quickly - urgency is in our heads the second we see "suddenly". Underscore it with action if you need to.
Line 168: Thoughts of Lurantis...; this sentence just doesn't sit well with me, it feels out of order, likely brought on by the explanation you put between the two commas.
Line 172: I think this is what tipped me from really buying into Stoutland's guilt. This paragraph - the way you present the possible dangers, it feels off. "not taking enough damage to faint and finally leave the dungeon" is a sentence that could be restructured to help improve his inner struggle. It's too awkward otherwise. "just imagine the absolute terror" is also another phrase that took me out of the read.

The issue here I think, is one of voice; Stoutland's been speaking and thinking one way for the work, and this new voice, while it is intended to be guilt, feels like a completely different person and not just a guilty conscience. It takes this out of his head and somewhere out there, into the world around him, and that pulled me out of reading the paragraph.

Am I making sense? God I hope I am. Also poor Lurantis.
>>
How do you guys deal with certain sentences like
>"... the men i was with."
or
>"... the pokemon i was with."
personally the first one feels better, it just rolls off the tongue a bit easier.
>>
>>28534810
I think you're making sense, don't worry about it. I'll give those lines you pointed out a once over and see what I can do about improving them.

Regarding this one, though:
>this new voice, while it is intended to be guilt, feels like a completely different person and not just a guilty conscience
I hate to use the old "it's supposed to be like that" argument, but when I was writing that part, what you're saying is actually kind of what I had in mind. I was trying to act all poetic and stuff with Stoutland's internal conflict and make it sound like his two conflicting sides were literally talking to each other like they actually were separate people, with his guilt being like a different person from himself, who showed up to call him out for being a dick to Lurantis.

That said, if it didn't come across that way, and just ended up being distracting or something, then I definitely want to change it. Conveying the characters' emotions was my main goal with this part, so I really want to ensure that everything sounds right and nothing takes the reader out of the story or anything.

It's getting late where I live, though, so I'll have to tackle this tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have the story updated with these fixes before long.

Also, I'm glad to hear you feel bad for Lurantis. At least that seems to suggest I'm doing an alright job with conveying her emotions. I'll work on improving my conveyance of Stoutland's as well.
>>
>>28526569
clever boy...
>>
File: 1453182485983.png (230KB, 979x816px) Image search: [Google]
1453182485983.png
230KB, 979x816px
>>
Wrote 2k words today, funny, i usually cant write more than 500.
I feel like i could write more, but then it would just be that half awake dribble you know?
>>
>>28535337
If you're referring to the passive voice, you could just change it to "the men/pokemon with me". If you're referring to the fact that in some instances you feel it appropriate to indicate pokemon with he/she pronouns, that's something I've been struggling with myself. If you're writing about a world where the thought would even cross your mind, it's likely that pokemon play a societal role that would lead you to ponder it. I say go for it and see how it's received. You can be the guinea pig so I can see if other people find it retarded or not.
>>
>>28536404
>I usually can't write more than 500

Jeez. I usually can't do more than 50. Then again, when I do, I do around 500.
>>
>>28535337
>>28538221
Fuck I didn't mean he/she pronouns, I meant men/women and other gender-indicating terms. I just woke up.
>>
>>28538301
Why not use nongender indicating tones?
>>
>>28539505
English please
>>
>>28541144
assuming you are using the plural form to group up pokemon, there area alternatives to calling them men or Pokemon.
Are they all bug-type? Bugs/insects
Do they all look human-like? Bipedals
etc etc
>>
File: 1473650828000.png (440KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473650828000.png
440KB, 800x800px
>>
>>28542994
Sweaters make fucking everything better. It's staggering.
>>
I was pretty chilly and even just posting a picture of a comfy sweater warmed me up. Goddamned miracles.
>>
>>28542994
Latias is not my favorit feminine legend but this is cute. Would post more sweater garde to help you in you quest for softness but sadly most are breast related. Damn shame cause they are comfy has hell. Will still try to bump with more cute/comfy art, maybe it will help some one with a story who knows.
>>
>>28538301
>gender-indicating terms in >>28535337.
"Man" is gender-neutral. Wer (e.g. werewolf) is masculine; wif (e.g. midwife) is feminine. "Man" as masculine is a statistical tendency assumed into a semantic. Consequently, "woman" is from "wif+man" to give it the opposite gender characteristic. So while as a standalone word for an individual person, "man" implies a male, as a component in a word, or as a general collective of homo sapiens, it is neutral.

Here, used as a plural, "men," it is ambiguous because collective nouns in English default to the masculine form unless the aggregate is wholly feminine. So, "the men I was with" means there are two or more persons and at least one is male; nothing more is certain, however context may suggest additional information.
>>
File: 319750.jpg (1010KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
319750.jpg
1010KB, 1920x1080px
>>28544034
Speaking of werewolf has there ever been a fic were a group of pokemon found out there trainer was a werewolf or something like that? I know its a stupid/retarded concept but I would be cool to see a one shot of a thing like that.
Being able to regenerate, super human strength and speed and it being satanic in nature which mean ghost possession or magic attack would be ineffective against it.(Since demonic miracles are stonger than ghost or magic powers) A werewolf would probably be the most dangerous curse the pokemon would see, being able to affect both humans, humanoids and canines its would end up being more dangerous than the UB's.
>>
>>28544464
>out there trainer
inb4 it was Zoroark.
>>
File: 1473896921457.jpg (478KB, 2156x2149px) Image search: [Google]
1473896921457.jpg
478KB, 2156x2149px
New cute/funny thing from the drawthread.
Lilligant has found a book in your collection about "pollination".
>>
>>28545445
It seems like this would play out similarly without the implications the scare-quotes provide.

>Bird-pokemon finds a birdwatchers guide
>Mortified
>>
File: f35v9XU.png (81KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
f35v9XU.png
81KB, 700x700px
>>28546178
>grass type finds gardening book
>>
>>28546292
>Bronzong notices a name has been written on its food bowl.
>"Liberty"
>>
File: 1473204329086.jpg (128KB, 800x689px) Image search: [Google]
1473204329086.jpg
128KB, 800x689px
>>28546667
>Bug-type finds an exterminator's guide book
>>
>>28546905
>water-type finds a book on pool treatment.
>>
File: f19283762.gif (397KB, 400x342px) Image search: [Google]
f19283762.gif
397KB, 400x342px
>>28547052
>A ghost type finds a book about exorcisms
>>
>>28547052
>>28546905
>Dragon type finds a book of myths and legends
>>
File: a big guy.jpg (13KB, 220x248px) Image search: [Google]
a big guy.jpg
13KB, 220x248px
>>28547187
>A Psychic-Type finds a book on the one million dollar paranormal challenge.
>>
File: 1472221242839.jpg (105KB, 734x436px) Image search: [Google]
1472221242839.jpg
105KB, 734x436px
>>28547280
>Steel-type finds a book about metallurgy
>>
>>28547052
>water type lives in china
>>
>>28547373
Damn what a shithole an I cringe when I see a couple of trash in a river, I would be vomiting everywhere if I was just going to visit that place.
>>
>>28547371
>Fairy type finds a book about metallurgy
>>
>>28547455
>dark type learns about white people
>>
File: the rocl.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
the rocl.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>28547509
>rock type reads a book on wrestling
>>
>Rock type finds a book on mining
>>
>>28547555
>>28547550
shit
>>
File: wtfox.jpg (33KB, 473x378px) Image search: [Google]
wtfox.jpg
33KB, 473x378px
>>28547550
>Fire-type finds a book of firefighting tactics
>>
>>28547406
I'm learning mandarin. Pray for me. At least we'll never see dead froakies and magikarp floating along the flows of algae and gutter oil they call lakes in that place.
>>
>>28547555
>Ice type reads a book about global warming
>>
>>28547579
>>28547607
>Ghost type watches ghostbusters
>>
>>28547583
Are you learning it for pleasure or business?

>>28547579
>poison type finds book on antidotes.
>>
File: 1473368971884.png (552KB, 702x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1473368971884.png
552KB, 702x1059px
>>28547613
>>
>>28547655
>>28547613
>bug type learns about pesticide
>>
>>28547690
>ground type reads a book about earthquakes
>>
>>28547655
Both. Best case scenario I get hired by a Chinese company working in America instead of an American company working in China. Chinese Pokémon region when? All dat ancient culture has to count for something.
>>
>>28547690
>fighting-type learns about firearms
>>
>>28547753
>ground type learns about fracking
>>
File: major ching and his captive.png (2MB, 3042x2222px) Image search: [Google]
major ching and his captive.png
2MB, 3042x2222px
>>28547770
The lore will be fantastic
>>
>>28547770
Japanese game glorifying China? Never ever.
>>
>>28547794
>ground type learns about strip mining
>>
>>28547837
>Normal-Type gets existential crisis
>>
>>28547858
>Electric-type eats a battery
>Gets electrocuted
>>
File: 1462546237527.png (706KB, 754x639px) Image search: [Google]
1462546237527.png
706KB, 754x639px
>>28547858
>>28547897
>flying type learns about the atmosphere
>>
>>28547836
You do know the Japanese jizz themselves every time the romance of the three kingdoms is brought up right?
>>
>>28547583
How are you learning anon? How long have you studied?
>>
File: whaling tunes.jpg (721KB, 2545x3000px) Image search: [Google]
whaling tunes.jpg
721KB, 2545x3000px
>water type learns about whaling
>>
>>28547921
And with that, that's every type covered. I think.
>>
File: 1473565299190.png (50KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473565299190.png
50KB, 400x400px
>ghost type learns about the Ghostbusters
>>
Even ignoring some anon who made this weirdly political, I think its safe to say some Pokemon may find humans obsessed with sex and death if they look hard enough
>>
>>28548068
>Scientists in the pokemon universe experiment on them by teaching them human things.
Not a bad plot idea desu senpai
>>
>>28548125
If I took a swing at this, especially considering how we've gotten here, I'd just end up writing "MST3K: Pokemon Edition"
and that's not a bad plot idea either
>>
>>28548125
Funny enough, that's what Johannes was initially doing with Viola you know before boinking her anyway and what a few of the researchers at the Fallarbor Institute were doing (though that isn't really covered) and it's been going/has gone relatively well. I should expand on that at some point.

>>28547770
I'm hoping you get what you're looking for man, because I've heard some awful fucking horror stories about working on the mainland.
>>
File: qipao-03.jpg (41KB, 417x490px) Image search: [Google]
qipao-03.jpg
41KB, 417x490px
>>28548008
Taking an online class until I transfer to a four year as a chinese major in spring.

>>28547836
>>28547820
>>28547931
With how Johto is praised for having so much "comfy culture", I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to make a Johto 2.0 with a region based on Beijing and/or the Forbidden City. hanfu or qipao?
>>
>>28548310
>horrible stories
So have I, from my best friend who came from china six years ago. Even the stuff you wish was just CNN propaganda isn't. It just isn't.
>>
>>28547280
Best in show.
>>
>>28548538
I double majored in Foreign Business and Chinese language and History. Wish you the best Anon, hope to cross paths with you sometime.
>>
>>28548843
That sounds like a dream. I would have applied to a RI school with a business chinese program if it weren't for the out of state tuition.

For the sake of not spamming the thread entirely with blog shit, my obsession with asian crap has greatly influenced my writing, since when I write a new idea, I also get to draw for it. Women in qipao are amazingly pleasing to draw, especially when there's a fletchling perched on her bejeweled qitou.
>>
File: world map.png (325KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
world map.png
325KB, 500x375px
For reference purposes, i found a map that shows the key locations from the games.
Sorry for the low resolution, this was the best i could find.
>>
File: commies.jpg (20KB, 224x235px) Image search: [Google]
commies.jpg
20KB, 224x235px
>>28547770
Fun fact, I had a Mandarin teacher a few years back who was part of a group that was lobbying for the official translated releases of Pokemon games in the PRC (Commie China). If I'm not mistaken, Sun and Moon will be the first games in the series to be released in the mainland and officially translated into Chinese. Unless X and Y already were released there. I forget.

Speaking of mandarin, here, have a mangerine.
>>
File: pmd_map.png (2MB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
pmd_map.png
2MB, 1024x767px
>>28549563
Here's a higher res version without text.
>>
>>28550013
thanks anon!
but whats that bermuda triangle looking thing on the right side of the map?
>>
>>28550110
I believe it's Lugia and his fag trio, if I remember correctly. I almost thought you were referring to the zero islands, to which I got excited for no reason.
>>
>>28550110
Red Point, Blue Point, Yellow Point, and Ghost Island in the middle.
>>
File: pmd map.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pmd map.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>28549563
here's a better resolution
>>
File: 1465688437860.png (233KB, 540x648px) Image search: [Google]
1465688437860.png
233KB, 540x648px
>>
File: 1473410298492.jpg (121KB, 1019x784px) Image search: [Google]
1473410298492.jpg
121KB, 1019x784px
>>28550683
cheers anon
>>
>>28552579
Story about a Zoroark getting a haircut when
>>
File: 1457140440809-1.jpg (83KB, 900x1168px) Image search: [Google]
1457140440809-1.jpg
83KB, 900x1168px
>>28552719
I'll do it once im done with my story about a captain and his sea men
>>
>write 2k words of story
>delete it all and start over with something better
I hate how the mind sometimes comes up with good ideas halfway through this things
>>
>>28554207
Could be worse. You could have gotten the better idea the moment you finished.
>>
>>28554754
>implying that isnt what hell is for writers
>>
>>28555009
I'm living in that hell right now
>>
>>28554207
I don't really understand this mentality. Certainly, if the ideas were separate, then the first would have some merit to keep and be worked on later on? Is it an issue with motivation?
>>
>>28555178
I think it's more a better way to execute what they were currently working on.
>>
>>28555236
Hm, I don't really tend to have that problem with my rough draft system. Most things I'm able to type out to the best of my abilities considering quite literally rewriting entire chapters at a time. I usually think that it's just going to be a case of copypaste from paper to text, but it's rather uncommon for more than a sentence or two in an entire paragraph to retain the structure they went in with. and at times entire sections are scrapped and reworked. Takes a fucklong time, though, and it isn't nearly as fun as writing it the first time.
>>
File: el deleto.jpg (12KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
el deleto.jpg
12KB, 480x358px
>>28555178
>>28555236
>>28555332
Its where you get this great idea, its perfect, beautiful. But its 2AM, and your mind is either telling you to go to bed or go crazy. So you jargen down a bunch of shit that doesnt make sense, and in the morning you realize how much bullshit you just wrote while you were practically asleep.
So you keep it there, let the notion of it fester in your mind throughout the day. Finally, when your in the middle of something, in my case swimming at the gym, you fucking realize how to rewrite it.
So you go home, you jot down 2k of words, and you completely replace the shit you wrote plus more. And tonight, or tomorrow evening, that cycle will continue again.
>>
>>28555442
I try to use swimming at the gym as a time to plan more than anything but usually my brain doesn't work too well the whole time.

But I digress - you should let yourself finish a chapter before completely binning it, I think. I've done the whole "well this is garbage guess I'm starting over" thing a few times and it tends to be wildly unproductive. Having something concrete down means you can pick it apart instead of trying to get it all right he first time.
>>
>>28554207
Why delete it? Just staft a new document for the separate idea and copy/paste what you need.
>>
File: 1471010309741.png (204KB, 469x941px) Image search: [Google]
1471010309741.png
204KB, 469x941px
>>
pastebin.com/HrrFyLen

Just some casual pokefucking, tags espeon, purelove
>>
File: 1443660343878.png (65KB, 136x452px) Image search: [Google]
1443660343878.png
65KB, 136x452px
>>
Relevant to TotT: I tried my hand at a fight scene, but it isn't much of one.
http://pastebin.com/1rFCeh7T
It's a "pokemon on Earth" episode
>>
File: Mia.png (369KB, 486x547px) Image search: [Google]
Mia.png
369KB, 486x547px
Is it wrong that I find Mia from Morphic to be kinda fuckable? I mean, seriously. Imagine placing your cock in a hotdog bun, smearing it with ketchup, mustard, and other fun toppings before she licks it all off while staring into your soul with those hungry human/scyther hybrid eyes as she rides your cock, her heart pounding in her chest as you move her hips up and down the shaft of your hardening length, before finally pulling her in for a tight kiss as you release your hot, sticky cum inside her pussy. Then you two go out and talk about how you banged her mother while she offhandedly comments on how the gore in a movie she saw didn't look realistic enough.
>>
>>28556074
Its the exact same as before just with better grammar and punctuation.
>>
>>28559767
How do you lick off a hotdog bun? I think it'd just kinda fall away. Crumble away if it's the cheap shitty store brand buns.
>>
>>28559068
Do you want to read about Malva, anon? Do you want something written about her in response to this, anon? Do you want Malva stories to gorge your eyes with? Is that why you posted this, anon? Is it because she makes you feel funny, anon?
>>
>>28560405
I originally posted it as a bump, but if it's a story request you want I got one involving her.
...but i'll link to the request instead,
http://desuarchive.org/trash/thread/4676403/#4734404
>>
>>28552719
>>28552939
Im actually really fucking considering writing this thing. I fucking got a good idea and everything.
I hope you dont mind if its based off of Gates
>>
pre-snooze bump
>>
File: 1473640416527.jpg (107KB, 663x731px) Image search: [Google]
1473640416527.jpg
107KB, 663x731px
>>
File: pixiv51437446_1.png (107KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv51437446_1.png
107KB, 600x400px
Morning bampu
>>
Bufu
>>
File: 1407357578422.jpg (498KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1407357578422.jpg
498KB, 800x1000px
Anchor post for the anon who might be working on some cactass love
>>
File: tumblr_od7s82D5Dt1v83buuo1_1280.jpg (181KB, 720x621px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od7s82D5Dt1v83buuo1_1280.jpg
181KB, 720x621px
>>28516870

What's with all the joltik editions lately?
>>
>>28565110
Coincidence
>>
File: 3089158_p0.png (19KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
3089158_p0.png
19KB, 600x450px
>>
File: 1473650705009.jpg (43KB, 589x481px) Image search: [Google]
1473650705009.jpg
43KB, 589x481px
>>
>>28569513
[Hot-tub intensifies]
>>
File: 1463341753716-0.jpg (151KB, 600x490px) Image search: [Google]
1463341753716-0.jpg
151KB, 600x490px
Seeing as there's not really anything going on in the thread other than bumps...
What are some forms of media you've found ideas from, or influenced you, or even inspired you to make a certain story? Books, music, tv, etc.
>>
File: 12505352_p0.jpg (223KB, 360x3600px) Image search: [Google]
12505352_p0.jpg
223KB, 360x3600px
>>
>>28569732
A lot of times I'll switch on music when I'm writing, but I've been working without it lately and I think silence helps my speed though music helps my focus. A lot of the first chapters of BStF were written to Copland's 3rd Symphony.
>>
>>28569732
Pathfinder, the tabletop RPG, along with Dungeons and Dragons have influenced original fiction I'm working on to varying extents, along with a smattering of vidya. The races in particular saw some heavy influences from games.

As far as stuff that I post here: sometimes an image sparks a short story, most of the time, what I write comes from somewhere out there in the ether. Or my muse. I dunno. I was never good at really pinpointing it.
>>
>>28570238
Wth is going on in the last half of this comic?
>>
>>28569732
A certain part of one of my stories is inspired by Push (saphire) and Learning to Die in Miami, as well as personal experiences. ow_the_edge.pdf
>>
File: spec-ops-after.jpg (233KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
spec-ops-after.jpg
233KB, 1680x1050px
>>28569732
same anon who posted this here
I'd say alot of my influence has come from certain pieces of music and games. Stalker and ksp to name a few. I almost never put on music while i write though, it fucks up my concentration, so i usually listen before i start. Most of the time i do have ambiance while i write, for instance if im writing something that takes place at the sea ill have ocean sounds and shit like that.
The music just encourages my imagination to become dreadful, which leads to some really fantastic ideas. But most likely they all end with characters in a very sad state. I wouldnt say I have no connection or for a lack of better words attachment to my characters, but i just try to make them as human as possible. I mean hell, the idea I've had for several years for a novel i want to write someday is the most dark piece of shit Ive ever thought of.
>inb4 tooedgy4u
Most of the time its just a reflection of my own feelings.
>>
>>28570238
>>28570464
Not sure, can anyone here read moon?
>>
>>28570536
Also im the guy writing about pirates n' shit.
I should probably start namefagging or something.
>>
>>28570464
The artist apparently had a break down, like a mini-Evangeleon.

>>28570381
I rarely listen to music while writing, but there were a few passages written to music. Most memorable, the scene where Grace has a dream set in the fine hotel. The music that G.V. plays is the music I was listening to.

>>28570582
Yes, you should.
>>
>>28570582
>>28570536
What's your novel's plot?
>>
>>28570659
I aint giving away shit man, but ill leave the basics.
A man becomes so fearful and despises death that he lives forever and becomes a warmonger eventually realizing that hes practically the devil, yet everyone praises him as a hero. I took inspiration from the Picture of Dorian Gray.
>>
File: 20160312165201_1.jpg (434KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160312165201_1.jpg
434KB, 1920x1080px
>>28570734
On the subject of pirates i never actually really was interested in pirates until i started writing. I only got the idea one day while playing EU3 and getting pissed off at how many pirates there were around south america.
>>
>>28570807
what kind of pirates you basing yours off of?
>>
>>28571208
The pirate fanfic focuses around privateers. I was thinking about having the basic pirate theme when writing it, but it wouldnt have made sense with the main characters situations.
Plus privateering seemed like a much more interesting topic, with how politics worked out with them. (For example, french privateers who would work for the kingdom of france were deemed pirates and traitors.)
>>
>>28560249
She could use the tips of her teeth and lips to tear off small pieces.
>>
File: 1463341753716-1.jpg (344KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1463341753716-1.jpg
344KB, 800x800px
I wonder where mimiga's been
>>
File: 1472809318203.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1472809318203.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>28571985
You think I fuckin leave?

The chapter's twice as long as usual, has had and will have more hard revisions, and is ultimately too important and likewise delicately structured to half-ass in order to get out faster. Should the main arc of the entire fic be introduced sloppily, kill me now.
>>
pastebin.com/yPDDehEQ

More quick pokefucking, it's a shame I can't post the thumbnails here.
Tags: lopunny, enthusiastic fucking, blowjob
>>
If there are multiple conflicts introduced in one chapter, can the chapter be adequately wrapped up as long as one of them is resolved? I have like three conflicts all spurred by the same event, and I'm already at 10 pages without anything being close to resolved. I still have to dig into heavy editing, but right now this content lacks the impact I'm seeking.
>>
>>28573047
Maybe. It depends on what your chapter is about.
>>
>>28573047
I'm no expert, but I feel like that's okay. Concluding one or more of the conflicts would bring a feeling of resolution, and leaving others unresolved would encourage the reader to continue reading.
>>
>>
>>28565064
Still here. Didn't manage to finish before I went back to work. I'll try to do some writing tonight.
>>
rip Lopunny anon
He died too soon
>>
>>28548733
>He want to fug those Pokémon

This shit is fucking ugly
>>
File: plot points.png (38KB, 1505x793px) Image search: [Google]
plot points.png
38KB, 1505x793px
>>28573047
If your having trouble with managing different plot lines, even if you just have one conflict and you find it difficult to organize the flow into different chapters, use a chart of some sorts.
>>
File: 53988_p0.jpg (39KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
53988_p0.jpg
39KB, 512x512px
>>28570381
I wanted to ask are you taking any request soon? I have a couple I would like to show and see if it interest you.
>>
>>28574526
Shoot
>>
>>28574533
Not that guy, but I'd like to see this fun little idea from the ideabin come to life.

A story about a nurse joy with a garchomp instead of a chansey/blissey/audino and the comedy or Drama of trying to make the situation work. Preferrably comedy.
>>
>>28574046
a little bit of hope can go far though
>>
File: 344464_p0.png (15KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
344464_p0.png
15KB, 350x350px
>>28574533
I don't know if I already posted this but:

How about a female combee, recently being caught and then treated nice, being pampered ect. And her feeling confuse since she's not a queen and this attention given to a lower class worker bee, is not something she's uses to. It could end with her evolving and having feeling for her trainer and needing him to "mate" so she can start a hive.
Need more cute stories about best pokebee.
>>
>>28575089
>It could end with her evolving and having feeling for her trainer and needing him to "mate" so she can start a hive.
Well I'm not going to be taking any more l-lewd requests so...

idk I've been tossing around ways I might do it and nothing's ever jumped out at me. It's on the pile but don't expect anything soon, sorry
>>
File: 46496496_p0.png (12KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
46496496_p0.png
12KB, 300x400px
>>28574533
A young floette gets a childish crush for her trainer and tries to get his attention. He just thinks she's being cute/playful ect. When she get tired of him ignoring her advances she just strait up kisses him on the check stuff appends afterwards ect. And then she evolves and with her new ASSets she wins him over and they end up having hot passionate sex.

I just think a floette with a thinkerbel-esk personality would be cute and fun to read.
>>
>>28574533
Maybe a cute story about a leavanny being too motherly to its trainer? All this loving could make the trainer embarrassed at school or something like that, you could go a darker route and say that the boy lost his mother or both parents and now their leavanny is the only one left to take care of him, along with the pokeworlds, orphanage people. At one point being angry or just tired of leavan's love he could try to run away into a forest get lost and get attacked by some evil wild pokemons. After leavanny treats his wounds and take cares of him he apologises to her for being stupid and taking all his anger on her, an in a final act of love/gratitude he finally calls her mom, she's so overjoy that she hugs him tightly and cry's in happiness.
>>
>>28575474
Sounds like you already have that written yourself, just need to put words to page!

>all these bug/grass requests
>>
>>28575474
Dude you just did it yourself, just add filler between each sentence now.
>>
>>28575125
Oh sorry I didn't realise you were not taking any more lewd request. I guess you could just implied that he fucked the bee in the end or something? Or maybe she just give's him a cute kiss. That floette one instead of fucking, it could just end with her giving her trainer that kiss that makes him understand, the florges thing could always be an epilogue.
That leavanny request does not contain any sexy time so I think it should be fine.
Anyway if any of these interest or doesn't interest you please tell me. If you need more ideas for these three I can try to give possible settings.
>>
>>28575632
>Anyway if any of these interest or doesn't interest you please tell me.
Like I said a couple threads ago, it's not really that simple. I could get ideas for them a couple days from now and bang it out. I will say don't expect anything any time soon

...also there's like sixteen other types, where'd all their fans go?
>>
File: tumblr_mx62qaYDsV1ssh3b0o1_1280.png (310KB, 967x1116px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mx62qaYDsV1ssh3b0o1_1280.png
310KB, 967x1116px
>>28575501
>>28575525
I'm more of an artist not a writer that's why I posted this here, I could not do this idea justice.
>>28575709
>...also there's like sixteen other types, where'd all their fans go?
Don't know, since grass,bug,physic,fairy mostly have all the waifu mons maybe that's why there's so much about those now? And since it close to the next pokemon game launch date and its leak season, people are probably patrolling other threads instead of posting in these ones. And I guess since these threads are slow these days that might not help either.
>>
>>28575995
Well im already backed up a bit. im doing my sea men story, and after that most likely a one shot of zoroark getting a haircut for some other anon i promised.
>>
File: 58206491_p2_master1200.jpg (156KB, 583x600px) Image search: [Google]
58206491_p2_master1200.jpg
156KB, 583x600px
>>
>>28575709
I've been noticing this lately. I think most of our requests the last few months have been Bug/Grass/Fairy. Usually the same few species. too.
>>
File: 1473645864981.png (943KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1473645864981.png
943KB, 2000x2000px
>>
>>28575089
Hey, I remember seeing this request made before. It actually got me thinking about a storyline that starts off like that request, but it deviates before the sex part because I'm a prude. Anyway, I ended up writing a plot summary about it that was really complicated but might possibly work out as a story. It doesn't follow the request much other than the "trainer catches a Combee and acts nice to it" part, but it does involve Best Pokebee Vespiquen. At some point, I might get around to posting what I've done with it thus far.
>>
File: 1464362285469.png (227KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464362285469.png
227KB, 800x800px
>>28577980
*whisper whisper* 10 to 1 it's the same guy requesting every time *whisper whisper*
>>
>>28574282
>>28573212
>>28573116
My issue now is that the conflict that is resolved at the end of the chapter is done so completely out of the MC's control.

>character B gets sick
>character A brings B to the doctor
>B gets better

The meat of the chapter focuses on what A does while B is in treatment. While these actions don't affect B's recovery, they affect the additional conflicts that will be addressed more fully in later chapters. The characters don't interact at all. But if I can still make the content interesting, it doesn't matter if the chapter's main conflict is resolved independent of the characters, right?
>>
>>28579276
>*whisper whisper*
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>28579296
I'd say its fine.
Your addressing a very important plot point that essential to the story, and this buildup is going to pay off eventually.
As long as you know where the plot is heading, you can add what you like as long as it has a payoff later. For example, you cant just say that someone killed a man and just leave it at that, there has to be a reason its involved in the plot.
>>
>>28579296
If you ask me, so long as B getting sick has a reason to be in the story, then I believe it's okay to include it, even if the main characters don't really influence it. If B gets sick and then gets better and everything ends up the same as if B never got sick, then that's a problem. But if the story does something with that plot point of B getting sick, like A getting a chance to do stuff that can only be done without B, then I think that's an acceptable reason to take B out of commission for a bit.
>>
>>28579615
>>28580109
Like these two anons said, its simple cause and effect.
>>
>>28579615
>>28580109
>>28580135
Thanks. After some recollection, I've surmised that:
-B getting sick spurs A into action. B being healthy would have eluded A's interest almost completely
-B getting sick leaves him with lifelong emotional and physical repercussions
-B getting sick leaves A with expensive medical bills
-B getting sick makes A seek a license

All of these things would have happened much differently or not at all had B not gotten sick. I think I'm good.
>>
File: 1473365905246.jpg (251KB, 1650x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1473365905246.jpg
251KB, 1650x2100px
Page 8 bump
>>
File: 1473639368631.png (110KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1473639368631.png
110KB, 429x410px
>hit a logical endpoint for chapter 3 of ACPC
>my head is swimming and I have only a vague understanding of what I've been talking about for the last 2k words
>chapter is only a little over 3k words

send help
i have no idea if i'm even in a rabbit hole anymore
why is occultism so fucked
>>
>>28581897
It's in the name, "occult"—it by nature can't be seen by a casual observer.
>>
>>28581897
>why is occultism so fucked
>>
>>28582132
So writing it is supposed to be an exercise in, "Toe up to the line, but not an inch past," then?
>>
>>28582338
You've stated that you spent two-thirds of a chapter vaguely understanding what you're writing. What chance have your readers to follow it?
>>
>>28579316
4chan, duh.
>>
>>28582331
Not a bad way to put it.

>>28582525
In its current state not much. It needs some revision and addition I think but I've got a terrible headache from just trying to make sure I've tied up loose ends. All I've done is probably fray more in the process, probably. I guess I should be happy the skeleton is done at the very least. I'll finish dressing it up tomorrow.

Write occult I tells myself, it'll be fun I tells myself.
>>
File: 1470700250915.png (46KB, 352x519px) Image search: [Google]
1470700250915.png
46KB, 352x519px
>>28582715
>>
>>28582715
This isn't the thread for RPs, but here's a thread where it takes place
>>>/trash/5290475
>>
File: 1431885989164.jpg (108KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1431885989164.jpg
108KB, 600x600px
>>
pastebin.com/G5wkr0xc

Some gardevoir smut.
Tags: abduction, consensual, blowjob, kissing
>>
Morning bump
>>
File: 1436242490401.jpg (174KB, 1300x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1436242490401.jpg
174KB, 1300x1050px
>>
File: 54874618_p0.png (1MB, 1388x1408px) Image search: [Google]
54874618_p0.png
1MB, 1388x1408px
>>28578859
You can post it I don't mind if it doesn't follow my request exactly I just want to see more of beepoke. And more of less popular pokemons actually.
>>
Creepy bump.
I wonder if the poke world has a version of the black shuck. Maybe something like a black Arcanine or Manectric.
>>
>>
>>28590497
Shadow pokemon
>>
File: Camerupt_2.png (750KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Camerupt_2.png
750KB, 800x800px
After a few days of delays, Chapter 3 of "The Azure Sun Rises" is live. It sees the introduction of pic related as well as a prolonged fight scene. Hopefully it turned out okay. Read it here and decide for yourself: http://pastebin.com/wU7TUJYT

There should be one more part after this, by the way. And like always, feedback and advice is gratefully accepted and much appreciated.
>>
>>28590497
Houndoom, perhaps? It's basically a hellhound, and its dex entries sound pretty spooky. The dex says that it breathes fire that makes you feel pain literally forever, and that people once believed its howl to be the call of the grim reaper.
>>
File: houndoom___wip_by_sastrei.jpg (486KB, 800x976px) Image search: [Google]
houndoom___wip_by_sastrei.jpg
486KB, 800x976px
>>28593904
True its does fit a little with the legend but I wonder if it was mostly based on both hell hound and black shuck or just helldog alone?
Aldo both are really similar so black could of actually be a hell hound that just belongs to death.
>>
>>28584547
Not a writer ,so take this has a grain of salt, but I will still try to give it a good critic.
Its pretty good the only thing is that its a little short and it feels like things are going to fast, not enough development. Also "in my opinion" there's a lack of descriptions. But still a pretty fun short read.
>>
>>28594072
I don't know what Houndoom was based on exactly, but maybe it actually was inspired by the shuck to some degree. Either way, I could definitely see it acting as the Pokemon world's version of the shuck.
>>
>>
>>28574046
>tfw probably stuck in WIP hell
>>
>>
>>
>>28593502
I'm pretty sure those are just a kid-friendly version of severly abused/traumatized animals.
>>
Goddamnit, ive hit such a block with chapter two. I might just skip it all together and come back to it last.
>>
File: 5e62af6071e338e923ba536ab9300775.png (868KB, 1771x1400px) Image search: [Google]
5e62af6071e338e923ba536ab9300775.png
868KB, 1771x1400px
>>28597966
Do you think its a good idea to withhold information in a way where the reader will realize its been cut out. But later its told at the end of the chapter, like a sort of jump or twist?
>>
>>28598309
Is the purpose for doing so the point of the chapter, or are you merely trying to avoid dealing with a plot hole?
>>
>>28599034
No, its simply to surprise the reader and reveal the main character's intentions.
>>
File: 1434636140512.png (67KB, 1169x712px) Image search: [Google]
1434636140512.png
67KB, 1169x712px
>>
File: 27060356_p0.jpg (113KB, 397x800px) Image search: [Google]
27060356_p0.jpg
113KB, 397x800px
Ever wonder what was under there?
>>
File: 1473338198017.jpg (513KB, 2048x1449px) Image search: [Google]
1473338198017.jpg
513KB, 2048x1449px
Page 9? I think it's time for a bump.

Also, since it's been like 7 hours, I might as well ask again for some feedback on Azure Sun >>28593615, if anyone wants to check it out.
>>
>>28602531
I'll read it in a bit, im a bit busy myself.
>>
File: 1473645299238.png (399KB, 1848x1902px) Image search: [Google]
1473645299238.png
399KB, 1848x1902px
>>
>>28602531
>>28602577
Im back, its looking pretty good anon. Its rapping up rather nicely.
>>
File: 123412341.jpg (115KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
123412341.jpg
115KB, 1024x576px
Remaking entire combat scenes!
>>
>>28604115
That's good to hear. Thanks for reading it.
>>
>>28600862
Quite a bit actually. I wonder if much comedy has been written in reference to this.
>>
>>28604858
Wait, speaking of which

When are fight scenes considered too long to be engrossing? I've always figured that your brain will start reading faster as the intensity of the situation rose, but maybe that's just a thing I do.
>>
>all that "help what is going on" occultism and spirit world shit I wrote last night actually made sense to my editor
n-neat?

>>28605396
Nah my brain does it too, so as long as what is happening is still interesting you should be okay. At some point though, the combat starts to become wearisome, especially if its written in a way to push the reader towards a breakneck pace.
>>
>>28605396
When they span 40 fucking chapters. If anyone in here reads Mega Man fanfiction you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
>>
>>28605517
Okay but what if there's like ten thousand words of chapter before the part where they fight? Cuz I am a motherfucker.

>>28605529
But I thought Megaman had plenty of lore and fanfic potential? Why the fuck would you need 40 chapters of fighting when you could just talk about Navi politics?
>>
>>28605588
No one wants to read about Navi politics, or so my singular attempt at writing something about Megaman has taught me.

Anyway, if its 10k words in and a fight has just now broken out I'm pretty sure the reader will be fucking happy that something hype as fuck is now happening. Especially if you've been building one up.
>>
>>28605588
It has plenty to work with. I'm pretty sure the author is just actually autistic, though. Their prose is extremely cluttered and difficult to follow, even in their shorter stories.

But this is thread unrelated. Just don't make a fight that spans more than two chapters, please.
>>
>>28594416
Any feedback is welcome feedback anon, my intention was to be as quick as possible but it's nice to know people wouldn't mind length and development.
>>
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12009986/3/Au-Coup-Par-Coup

Occult and Dark Places Adventures: Ch 3 is up for whoever cares. I wonder if that Bisharp anon is still here.
>>
>>28606104
>Just don't make a fight that spans more than two chapters, please.
It strikes me that you shouldn't need any more than a single chapter to do a fight scene. If you need more wordspace just type more words. A chapter break would completely destroy whatever pacing you have running for the fight in my opinion.

If the fight is big or consequential enough you think it might need two chapters, that probably means you have enough content to make the preparations its own chapter before and the aftemath its own chapter after, giving you the fight the entirety of its own chapter. Surely this would be enough, considering you can stretch that one chapter out as much as you'd like?

>tfw you've hit the part of the story you feel least comfortable about writing, your story pacing is clashing with your per-chapter pre-planned content and you want to just get to the end of this arc when you haven't even begun, despite all the interesting and necessary shit between then and now

I'm feeling those Part 2 blues.
>>
>>28606743
I'm a writefag so I live here. I'll be posting a oneshit soon, unless I decide it's shit or I retcon it to hell and back next month. Just like the other drabble I posted and is now a permanent mark on my reputation as a very serious pokemon fanfiction writer.
>>
>>28607023
>oneshit

God damn, what a fitting typo. It's 3 am and I'm starving. Let the suffering end. Inject personal responsibility into my veins.
>>
>>28607023
>>28607042
No worries. I hope you enjoy the chapter. You _are_ the anon that wanted to read stuff with Bisharp in it...right?
>>
>>28607122
Yes nigga I am bisharp anon.
>>
File: 1452915040505.png (265KB, 615x481px) Image search: [Google]
1452915040505.png
265KB, 615x481px
Holy fuck finally

Suffering due tomorrow (to be ravaged by google docs editing)
>>
>>28607656
Hope your doing well Mimiga, ive been fucking around with my chapter two.
I cant get this damn chapter to feel the way i want it to.
>>
>>28607764
I'm very wary of whether I might have to delete huge chunks of my chapter for the sake of interest. It's definitely not the longest thing I've ever made, but if it isn't just right so that the plot is too engrossing for the text itself to become stale and worn, then I'm probably fucked.

The answer is probably to google synonyms or something. Or make retarded paragraph structure and experiment with that retardation. I dunno, I just write.
>>
File: Mandarin.png (946KB, 1400x5552px) Image search: [Google]
Mandarin.png
946KB, 1400x5552px
>>28548008
>>28548538
>>28548843
Wait, does that mean that this guy in this image was just memeing?

I didn't much care either way because I wasn't learning it, but i'm honestly curious now.
>>
>>28607852
As far as I know, that image is an example of how bad shit can go, but it's not that bad usually. Doing business in China is indeed odd, and there's tons of articles you can read up on to help you grasp it. The US does a lot business with country after all, and that means there's plenty of horror stories to around. Like that image you posted.
>>
>>28607852
He's telling the truth, if you're doing business with them you will get fucked.
If you're supplying a service you're set.

If you're teaching english you can pretty much fuck all the yellow pussy you want.
>>
>>28608048
I guess that answers that. I'm glad i'm terrible with languages.
>>
>>28607824
My problem is i dont think i've framed the plot in a way where people will relate/understand why the character does his shit. Its not the fact that he doesn't do anything, more that i just dont think what he does is strong enough for the cause and effect.
>>
>>28605167
To my knowledge none has been written.
>>
>>
File: 31872a8fad193538efd6a8a39c404553.jpg (336KB, 1928x2048px) Image search: [Google]
31872a8fad193538efd6a8a39c404553.jpg
336KB, 1928x2048px
>>
File: 1474196910563.png (194KB, 900x985px) Image search: [Google]
1474196910563.png
194KB, 900x985px
Misdreavus knows how to cook!
Even if she has no taste buds.
>>
>>28612896
Why do you presume that?
I figure they're better, detecting also the seventh flavor: Spooky.
>>
File: 38746812_p0.jpg (91KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
38746812_p0.jpg
91KB, 1600x1200px
>>28612973
If your a ghost my guess would be that your not fully in the world your interacting with. So you can't feel or taste everything in that living plane.

Misdreavus's cooking is bad but nutritious but you would never tell her that. It would break her feelings if she found out.
Only monsters would want to see tears on this face.
>>
File: 1463715290849.jpg (541KB, 3000x3500px) Image search: [Google]
1463715290849.jpg
541KB, 3000x3500px
>>
>>28612973
>some pun about startling people being in poor taste implying a lack of flavor goes here
>>
>>28607852
My best friend is from china, she can confirm all of it. That anon who made a thread before he an hero'd by blowing up that factory? She was not surprised in the least because that stuff happens all the time.

Of course, there are plenty of people, foreign or otherwise, who live rich and fulfilling lives there. Bad things happen everywhere, I suppose.
>>
>>28608291
I understand that dilemma. I've got an MC who has some immature/impulsive/asshole tendencies, but those flaws are very important to the plot because they play a role in things crashing down around him. I'm worried, however, that what I have to explain him emotionally developing that way will not be sufficient, or will come too late, once readers will have him pegged as just a mean person. Of course, this just means I have to add more drama, which I live for. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>28613912
>whitewashing shauna

Absolutely disgusting
>>
File: 1463760883906.jpg (656KB, 3000x3500px) Image search: [Google]
1463760883906.jpg
656KB, 3000x3500px
>>28614628
The artist just drew her that way probably though she was white or something.
>>
>>28606743
Bisharp anon here, I have slept. Charles was quite frankly adorable in this chapter. Ignace describes him as a hardass, but the bit of their relationship that you've shown the reader is sweet. Callous as he might be, it's obvious that Ignace adores his bisharp, and that sentiment is returned in kind. Charles himself is emotive, but doesn't demand a lot of attention from the audience. He's good as the stoic muscle of the group. Arcanine and Drifblim must be jelly.

Do you have any background lore about their relationship that won't necessarily be drawn from in ACPC? I need dat fluff.
>>
File: 475.jpg (244KB, 700x670px) Image search: [Google]
475.jpg
244KB, 700x670px
>>
>>28615192
Glad you enjoyed it mang. As far as background stuff, I'm planning out a side-story involving Ignace (and maybe a new character) that takes place after ACPC resolves. There's a bit more to him that has to be fleshed out, but that development doesn't come to pass until way after Jo shows up, probably close to the end of the actual story even.

That side-story will cover some of the stuff that's gotten them to work as partners (likely through reminiscing) and flesh out some more or the world maybe.
>>
>>28616181
Sounds cool. Good luck on the next chapter. Do you come up with things as you go along, or do you have a general plan that guides your writing?
>>
>>28614593
Im sort of at the same position with my fic.
Fuck, i really dont feel like giving much away but for the sake of getting this knot out of my system fine.
The main character is a damaged person, hes witnessed his fathers death at a young age. Know he's falling in love with a girl whos just as damaged as him, she loves him with all her heart. But hes a sack of shit, and hes supposed to fear that commitment because hes afraid of loosing people the same way he lost his father.
I don't really know how to frame this situation where hes madly in love with her but hes afraid of what might come of it, so he runs.
>>
>>28617084
Ive got a very similar situation. MC resents being at the mercy of others, even simple stuff like having to pay rent and whatnot. So he orchestrates a scenario where a girl will be at his mercy--not in a sadistic way, but just so he doesn't have to worry about her damaging him. He never takes advantage of her trust, but then the romantic feels start, he's betrayed by those above him who he deeply trusted, and he takes it out on her because she's the only "potentially threatening" person under him.

It sounds like quite the drama you have going. I'll be looking forward to it (unless it's not a Pokemon fic).
>>
>>28617343
>"unless it's not a Pokemon fic"
where do you think we are?
>>
>>28616898
A little of this, a little of that. I have a general idea where I'm going and a concrete ending, but getting there is usually free form.
>>
File: dennis.jpg (49KB, 680x381px) Image search: [Google]
dennis.jpg
49KB, 680x381px
>So he orchestrates a scenario where a girl will be at his mercy
>>
Can we link to FA on this board these days without catching a bannu

Got a story I wanna post but I don't want to lose my sweetass italics on pastebin
>>
>>28617659
Use FFN or AO3
>>
>>28617659
>Using italics.
>Thinking that a bannu hasn't already been earned.
>>
>>28617836
Bold is the true sin
>>
>>28617836
I could either wrap my characters' thoughts in 's instead of "s to distinguish them from dialogue, or I could use italics
Italics are much easier to read

>>28618131
Bold is shit, bold can go

Anyone use pasted.co? That site looks fishy as fuck and they say "no porn" in the TOU but they do have formatting
>>
>>28618232
The primary platforms are FFN, AO3 and pastebin mate.

>pasted.co allows monetization
What the actual fuck.
>>
>>28617659
problem with FA is not only is it probably banworthy people also need to register to read fics there.
You might be better off cutting your losses of italics and posting on a Pastebin, or taking a chance and upload on FFN. Alternatively you can make your story into a free google docs which does have formating and...should probably be recommended for formatting
>>
>>28618232
Internal monologue is quoted exactly the same as any other verbatim. You don't use single quote marks, guillemets, brackets, braces, or virgules. That it is a thought being cited is no more difficult to narrate than any other communication.
>"Fuck italic letters!" the typesetter said.
>"Fuck italic letters!" the typesetter thought.
What a twist.
>>
>>28618565
This is a universe with telepathy
>>
File: 1471250498255-1.jpg (54KB, 541x541px) Image search: [Google]
1471250498255-1.jpg
54KB, 541x541px
>>28619100
Then explain that the character is speaking in telepathy and use " "
>>
>>28617368
I imagine some anons ask for general help.
>>
>>28617549
It's not rape if she likes it.
>>
File: pw.jpg (10KB, 340x262px) Image search: [Google]
pw.jpg
10KB, 340x262px
>>28619208
The defense gives up.
>>
Chapter two of Desolate Seas is up, and fuck it ill namefag.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/8071213/chapters/18494398
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12148633/2/Desolate-Sea
>>
File: 1803961%20-%20Magiana%20Porkyman.jpg (281KB, 1680x2020px) Image search: [Google]
1803961%20-%20Magiana%20Porkyman.jpg
281KB, 1680x2020px
>>
>>28619125
But that reads like shit
Look, unformatted text is not the end-all be-all, legitimate writers have been using styling for years and years
You can do things without it, but a lot of the time it winds up needlessly awkward
>>
>>
I've done it. I've finally fucking done it. After months of having no motivation I've finally found the will to write again.

Woooo I finally wrote a new chapter!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12024240/8/Pokemon-Flash-Platnium

Longest chapter of Flash Platinum yet!
>>
File: Oranges.jpg (306KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Oranges.jpg
306KB, 1920x1200px
'Sup my fellow writefaggots?
Orangefag here, if you remember me from last thread. Chapter I of my PMD first contact fic should be finished sometime late tomorrow or two days from now (at the lastest).

Delay is cause I must have been exposed to Mimiga' spooky cherishing sickness because my throat felt like a fucking desert and I couldn't stop coughing, though I'm mostly over it now.

Here, take some oranges. Hopefully once the first chapter of this thing is up and if it goes over well I can stop posting oranges and start namefagging.
>>
>>28623192
Hah, fag. I got sick just as soon as I started the final draft of chapter 4 a while ago, but now I'm abolishing sick and putting in its place predicable cliche plot that will probably surprise anyway because it's behind so many words.

Actually, I should have the docs up to be scrutinized within a few hours. I'll wait for the new thread before posting it, though.
>>
>>28623276
Nice, looking forward to it.
>>
>>
File: 1471889171337.jpg (27KB, 374x311px) Image search: [Google]
1471889171337.jpg
27KB, 374x311px
Page 7 Bump
>>
>>28623650
We're at bump limit mate, thread's on it's way out.
>>
File: cbbed40fc660b4d283f756c1d5885d8c.png (225KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cbbed40fc660b4d283f756c1d5885d8c.png
225KB, 1500x1000px
>>
>>28616057
Are you trying to summon me?
>>
>>28624048
Not that anon but I welcome your presence fellow writefag. How's that new chapter coming?
>>
File: 30117346_p1.jpg (150KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
30117346_p1.jpg
150KB, 800x800px
>>28624048
Not my intention but sure I'm interested to see your next chapter.
>>
File: 1474219602318.png (471KB, 567x577px) Image search: [Google]
1474219602318.png
471KB, 567x577px
>>28624210
>>28624294

Don't have any ideas for it, that paired with little to no motivation to work on it. Main thing I have been working on now has been just improving grammar issues that people have told me about.

Do feel a bit discouraged at my lack of skills taking a toll on my progress overall, but I feel it's for the better when I think about it.
>>
>>28624379
Try not to let it get you down. Your skills are good enough to make a plot that interests people to the point of overlooking some clarity issues in the rough draft. That's more than a lot of people can say. We've still got 20+ year olds making self insert OC x Character fics. Give yourself some credit.
>>
File: u fukin wot.png (6KB, 59x43px) Image search: [Google]
u fukin wot.png
6KB, 59x43px
>>28624787
>We've still got 20+ year olds making self insert OC x Character fics

Ssh Vallion isn't a self-insert
>>
>>28624825
Wasn't talking about you, but now you've outed yourself. I just have to make fun of you now.
>>
>>28624825
I wish the games would give the main character characterization instead of trying to make you see it as a self-insert. Sometimes they give the character some funny of thoughtful comments, but I'd like to see them give it more depth.
>>
File: fdHPPPK.jpg (53KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
fdHPPPK.jpg
53KB, 800x764px
>>28624787
>Looks at ffn.
>Looks through some of the shitty Gardevoir fics.
>Eats another fucking oatmeal cream pie

Guess I could do worse.

Do hate to rip on whoever wrote this, just made me cringe.....a lot

Also I do feel like Ray is a bit of a self insert to a point. Basing off some specific details such as a career in mechanics and the sort. Guess that is just how you try to make a character that s somewhat decent and at least looks like it has some depth on the outside.
>>
>>28625406
New thread.
I have things to do, so someone cover recap for me
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 121

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.