[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FS shiny rate...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Guys i have a problem. I'm shiny hunter and now i'm hunting for shiny spearow. I counted 3411 encounters for last 4 days and nothing. I usually got shiny around 400-1000 encounters. Do i have a bug or something? I read on internet that geting too many shiny in one day can bug your game so you cant catch shiny anymore. Or it's just bad luck?
>>
>>28516265
Good news! You can inject for shinies that are bit-for-bit identical to caught shinies! Just catch a Spearow and flip the single bit that makes it shiny.
>>
>>28516265
>is RNG RNG?
>>
It doesn't matter, how many tries there were. Every single try is 1/512 or something like that. It's just that you aren't as lucky anymore.
>>
>>28516265
Do you know how probability works?
>>
Keep trying anon. Sometimes that sort of thing happens, it's just how probability works. Plus, you're more likely to dwell on the few times it takes too long to get a shiny then you are to think about all the times you've been successful.
>>
OP here. I know prop is 1/512 each but like i said before i'm just worried maybe i did something wrong this time. What's your longest shiny hunt in FS? I never heard about longer than 2500
>>
>>28516265
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy
>>
>>28516365
1/4000+, in X/Y (bw2 w/ shiny charm), and 1/8000+ in all other games. Not sure about OR AS though.
>>
You've done nothing wrong, don't worry. It is pure luck, that's all. It might take you five goes, it might take you five trillion. That's just the nature of the Ultra Beast unfortunately.
>>
>>28516265
>I read on internet that geting too many shiny in one day can bug your game so you cant catch shiny anymore.

That's crap, shinies are just incredibly rare even under the best circumstances.

I've been playing since the beginning and I didn't see a shiny until X (excluding rage lake gyarados, white 2's dragonite, etc.) and my first was a damn luvdisc that I chain fished. I caught 2 shinies in 2013 and got 1 in wonder trade and didn't see another until a shiny charmander that I got like last damn week while trying to get the last 3 monsters I needed for the shiny charm. Since then I've gotten 4 shinies, all but one in FS and the last through WT.

Ironically enough my shiny charm has had zero influence on any of the shinies that I've caught.
>>
File: IMG_20160914_175304.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160914_175304.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Guys i finally found it!!!! After 3731 encounters! I guess my bad luck is finally gone!
>>
>>28516265
Its like trying to naturally encounter an albino african from random chance and not flying to Tanzania.
>>
Fucking lucky bastard, it took me over 4800 for my longest FS, and all I got was a fucking Tangela.
>>
Just inject, makes literally no difference
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.