[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Roxie a pun on Smogon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: unnamed.gif (733KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
733KB, 500x281px
"Fight with this Pokémon that way... Use this item that way... Are you letting others decide that for you? Well, whatever, but what's important is figuring out what you want to do!"

Dunno man, we had the poke earth on ORAS as a reference to Serebii so perhaps the Koffing loving girl plays a pun on competitive battling on the west.

At least she makes more sense than Karen strong Pokémon, weak Pokémon bullshit.
>>
>the poke earth on ORAS as a reference to Serebii
the what?
>>
>>28508099
>GF
>acknowledging smogon

Anon
>>
in ORAS, Wally is a reference to smogon.
>>
File: Orasextra4.png (85KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Orasextra4.png
85KB, 400x240px
>>28508165
Serebii Pokearth is an Easter egg in ORAS.
>>
>>28508201
A1:How far has he gone down the Azumarrill hole?

A2:He is checking speed tiers and using the bravest bird!

A1:We lost him.
>>
>>28508237
Neat! I like it.
>>
>>28508316
It's nice when a company acknowledges the fanbase.
>>
>>28508237
WHAT
>>
File: heA58Pp.png (70KB, 421x505px) Image search: [Google]
heA58Pp.png
70KB, 421x505px
>>28508237

A Bug Catcher in ORAS also had Showderp's Choice Specs Weedle.
>>
>>28508588
proofs
>>
>>28508099
I don't think that's a pun, anon.

I think she's just taking jabs and receiving a cheque from Karen for making them.
>>
>>28508237
What am I looking at.
>>
>>28508758

The map in the corner is a picture of the composite PokeEarth taken from Serebii's website.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/
>>
>>28508795
what is true
is the same image but inverted

any other easter egg?
>>
>>28508099
I mean... Roxie, Rocks-y, I can see what you mean. Especially since most gym leaders have puns in their name related to their specialty, but hers doesn't have anything to do with poison.

So if that's an actual line from her too... seems pretty legit.
>>
>>28508588
sauce? I want to see this with my own eyes.
>>
>>28508884
>Roxie
>Toxic

Pretty clear
>>
>>28508911
I'd say that was a stretch, but so is going from Roxie->Stealth Rocks->Smogon->Dogars, so I can't really talk.
>>
Wait...specs wedlee? What on earth?
>>
>>28508099
can i ship SmogonXRoxie now?
>>
>>28508974
Nah he's full of shit. Made me check though
>>
>>28509013
Your first tipoff should have been "in-game trainer with held items"
>>
File: tumblr_m5uen7N9jT1r3t6jpo1_500.gif (909KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5uen7N9jT1r3t6jpo1_500.gif
909KB, 500x281px
Specs wedlee was too good to be true.

Lets face it, why choosing Koffing out of all the poison pokemon for a girl that talks about competitive?

Clever company.
>>
>>28509124
Because her point was that you shouldn't just follow the cookie cutter rules that others have set and you should do what you want to do.
>>
Actually she is more about team building, heck smogon is all about team building, you would be amazed at the shit you see on high ladder.

Cookie cuter is for low ladder garbage though, scarf Landorus T and CB Talonflame become scarce as you climb in showdown and meet actual people's that sat for more than 20 minutes building their team and know what they are doing.
>>
>>28509218
exactly. it was a message aimed directly at them.
>>
>>28509300
She never talks about rulesets though.

She talks about how to use the Pokémon individually, if anything she is promoting set diversity instead of a single type of build.

Retards that only use Smogon as a set database are the ones getting roasted, people that know the set that they want are more akin to actual Smogonfags and VGCfags.

She never talked about rulesets XD
>>
>>28509218
She never mentioned rulesets though, she always emphasized on "What you want to do" she might be roasting the people who use cookie cuter builds or sets.
>>
>>28509513
>the people who use cookie cuter builds or sets.
that would be the people typically referred to as smogonfags, yes.
sure there are people on smogon that don't just copypasta sets, but nobody complains about them. Its its set database. (okay, there are some people that complain about its ruleset, and how they'll often ban the wrong aspect of a broken combo, but w/e)
>>
>>28509603
Have you ever been on Smogon? People actually advice against using cookiecuter builds.

The only fans that use cookiecuter builds are the idiots that say "I only go to smogon" for the sets.

Heck climb on showdown past 1600 and you will end up seeing stuff like knock off Manaphy or Rhyperior, both used as antimetagame Pokémon that don't really have sets on their pages for OU usage.
>>
>>28509705
you ever been on showdown ladders? smogon rules, 90% cookiecutters.
>>
>>28509124
Weezing can hard counter Mega Mama in singles.
>>
>>28509754
Lol, 90%, sure. Someone sits in the 1300s don't they?
>>
>>28509754
Yes, showdown OU is fun once you pass the CB Talonflame elo mongrels, you get to meet really interesting cores past that.

Don't tell me that you are trapped on the scarf Landorus elohell?

Cookiecutter is all about fags that only visit smogon for the "sets", this are the real idiots in the franchise, they go for popular instead of what works for them, think of CHALK with two Megas, yet one used bulky Landorus T and bulky Thundurus I with weather support amoongus, shit like that are not cookiecutter but abusing the metagame.
>>
>>28509807
you do realize that higher ladder numbers are less populated than lower ladder numbers? it's curved.
>>
Aether foundation is a jab at PETA.
>>
>>28508237
Can't Joe sue their asses? Holy shit.
>>
>>28510391
Sue them for "stealing" a map of their own game? Wut?
>>
>>28508884
Roxie is a horrible name. Even Toxita or just Toxie would be better.
>>
>>28509775
that's blatantly false
>>
>>28510391
why would he want to?
>>
>>28510348
Isn't that obvious? There are less people who are good at Pokemon than people who are bad at Pokemon in the world.
>>
>>28510416
>>28510513
>Game Freak steals his map idea
>Doesn't give him a single dime
Hell, I would sue their asses too.
>>
>>28510348
Yes, and honestly that 10% of people often come up with good sets and answers to the metagame some never really thought about.

The point is that people think that Smogon is just about using cookiecutter Pokémon ad nauseum, when in reality those that think a bit outside of the box, but understand how the box work end up succeeding.

Can't argue with 80% of the ladder being made of idiots running with 6 eeveelutions, the 6 highest % usage mons from last month with subpar sets to work together or a team they stole from an one month old thread in the RMT subforum...Because, well that's accurate.

However Smogon was never about it, those guys are the drones, the idiots that just stick one set in their team without realizing it might not be optimal for their team but they still put it in there because it was successful.

Blame the low ladder idiots and the set lurkers the "I only use Smogon for its sets" guys, not Smogon, wich in high ladder and tournament play ends up being quite diverse.
>>
>>28508971
There's no Roxie->Stealth Rock->Smogon happening here. She says a bunch of things that can be construed as anti-Smogon, and has a Koffing as her signature pokemon. Koffing's German name is Smogon
>>
>>28511249
Right, which is why dogars is her signature pokemon. It's like you didn't follow the fourth link.

All you've done is follow my links but in reverse and stopping before you hit stealth rocks.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.