[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why I like Verlisify

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: 1473795803423.png (204KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1473795803423.png
204KB, 500x375px
He is bringing the Japense style of battling to the world. Smogon and tiers are narrow minded. He makes creative movesets that are FUN more accessible and common with Americans (as they are, very often used by the Japanese who aren't even aware Smogon tiers exist).

He's one of the few non-Asians using pokemon to their full potential.
>>
>>28507131
0/10 bait please see me after class
>>
File: image.png (31KB, 385x365px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31KB, 385x365px
>>28507131
I know this is bait but here your (you)
>>
>>28507185
>>28507165
Don't undermine the legit post
>>
>>28507131
So hydration assault vest goodra with rain dance should be pushed OP?

What about those children's feelings when their teams become rofl stomped because of his incompetence?
especially the ones with cancer
>>
Heavy slam Wailord and full potential... Those two concepts can't fit in the same sentence.

Also go and counter mega Lucario with Volcarona, go ahead and do it XD
>>
So the Japanese style of Pokemon Battling is not being very good at it?

Like I'm no smogonfag but Verlis is notorious for how terrible his sets are
>>
>>28507221
>>28507221
>hydration assault vest goodra with rain dance
Is this real? Holy shit
>>
Who?
>>
>>28507343
I kid you not, he actually went for this thing man. The level of stupidity is legendary.
>>
File: NB Post.png (53KB, 934x513px) Image search: [Google]
NB Post.png
53KB, 934x513px
Here is a response to a retarded Nugget Bridge post (pic related) that embodies Verlisify and his children followers. It captures my opinion perfectly:

Sorry everybody, but I've lost it. I've finally lost it. Here we go...
1) No, using Ledian or other bad Pokemon competitively is not creative, nor does it make you special. It just makes you one of the legions of players who use bad Pokemon for whatever reason. I actually have a friend who has messed around with Ledian on the NU ladder before. Though, he mostly saves it for ingame play and uses a different team when playing seriously.
2) Ledyba was designed to be a common, early game Pokemon that evolved to its final form relatively early so it was decent early on but was weak for the late game. It was designed with campaign balance in mind, not competitive.
3) Doing creative things with good Pokemon is a notable part of the reason Ray gets such good, consistent results when he's not screwing around or wasting all of his teambuilding effort on Torkoal. The Nature and EV systems in particular give you a lot of room to customize your Pokemon's stats to suit your needs. Take a look at Ray's Mawile for a pretty recent example of this.
4) What made me lose it was the tone of this post. It comes off as arrogant. For example:

but after all that's happened I'm never spending valuable time breeding/training them when I could just use a software to make them like everyone else that beats me
"They trained Pokemon that aren't 390 BST mons with bad typing so they clearly hack.

(cont.)
>>
>>28507598
(cont.)

I'm going to be an adult soon trying to make a kids game as complicated as possible (and lose hard every time).
"I'm using 390 BST mons with bad typing and losing so I'm clearly too old for this."

I'm better at the game than my friend
"My friend beats me but I'm better than him I swear. Take my word for it."

I like playing Pokemon for it's diversity, who else would think of using Ledian or most Pokemon competitively, that's just me.
"I'm a special snowflake because I use 390BST mons with bad typing. Look at how creative I am!"
The real reason you're losing is probably because you aren't as good as you think you are. A lot of those not-crapmons you're facing are indeed 100% legit, like yours, except their owners spent their time raising Pokemon that are viable, which there are dozens of, instead of 390BST mons with bad typing. And yes, people have actually tried using every fully evolved Pokemon competitively. Actually, a lot of new players go through the "I'm special and can make bad pokemon good!" phase so it's a pretty common thing.
Quitting because a 390BST mon with bad typing isn't viable is fine. Making bad excuses, however, is not. The "everybody that beats me used software to make their Pokemon" part in particular is just absurd.
I apologize for ranting but this post made me snap. I apologize for any rudeness contained in this post.
>>
File: Ledyba.jpg (38KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Ledyba.jpg
38KB, 512x512px
>>28507598
>1
using them comptetivly doesn't make you special. using them effectively... doesn't either. people are born special, but some decide to stop being sppecial and be part of the crowd instead. you are special as long as you recognize yourself as a person and not a part of something greater.
2. ledyba, unlike gen 1 bugs, came with a gen with breeding. late game ladyba canstill use its varied movepool, because with those stats thats what its good for.
3. i don't care about poke-utubers (neither should you), i just show someone shitting on my cute alian bug mon. i made early bird rest ledian and am happy with it! perfect sp wall! who cares about lack of damage when i got infestation and toxic?
>>
File: 1473658226071.jpg (19KB, 272x320px) Image search: [Google]
1473658226071.jpg
19KB, 272x320px
This comes from someone that used Ariados and Banette in Gen 4 Ubers...

That was hilarious.

Using a bad Pokémon without niche or team building involved just for the sake of using that pokemon and have "I won with Ledian" bragging rights it's just hilarious, the Verlsifags can make good comedy material from time to time.

Also to all the karenfags, stop being Karenfags and read Roxie quotes, she is the true hero to unusual pokemon sets.
>>
>>28507865
Karenfags won't do that because most of them are the type who didn't play B2/W2
>>
>>28507850
just ha-ave f-f-fun. Also that sounds liek the best use of ledian, good jobe!
>>
>>28507865
>Roxie quotes
like what?
>>
>>28507221
Nah. Stealth rock pidgeot is better. Ans heavy slam wailord is OP
>>
>>28507850
Ray is not a youtuber, it's Ray Rizzo. It's fine to like ledian, but thinking you're going to win in with it in OU or VGC is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>28508068
Not that anon but all I remember is her saying "do your own stuff instead of listening to others" or smth like that in pwt
>>
>>28507865
>"Fight with this Pokémon that way... Use this item that way... Are you letting others decide that for you? Well, whatever, but what's important is figuring out what you want to do!

Sounds like more Karenfaggotry desu but with regards to sets
>>
>>28507131
If you wanna fuck around with memes just go to showderp. They love memes.
>>
>>28508068
"Fight with this Pokémon that way... Use this item that way... Are you letting others decide that for you? Well, whatever, but what's important is figuring out what you want to do!"

She kinda embodies Smogon, heck her band in the lore is the Doggars wich is Koffing, Smogon is Koffing in German if I recall.
>>
>>28508138
>use this item that way...
Fuck yeah I'm using assault vest with my status moves and you can't do nothing bout it suck on that smogonfags!
>>
>>28507865
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0pwvkmxadA

I don't watch (You)tubers, but this guy had a Hitmonlee that wrecked a bunch of OU mons

Unburden
Leichi berry
Uses endure then outspeeds everything

Verlisify said (Verlis 1 7:23) "thou shall use only Hitmonlee with choice scarf, RECKLESS and Hi-Jump kick"
>>
>>28507131
>Japanese style
>style than didnt make top8 in the last VGC
yeah ok
>>28508163
why she isnt Smogon's offical waifu?
>>
>>28508105
>ray rizzo
never heard of him.
>champion
oh, i wonder with what team.... figures.
>sand veil
ha, uber.

>>28508138
>>28508163
>trying for competitve while still using her favs
nice. she is the best of both worlds of karenfags and smogonfags.

i wonder whats the worst of both worlds would be like?
>>
>>28508305
I think that title goes to OU favorite whore, twave Clefable.
>>
>>28508286
from smogon dex:
Hitmonlee can run two Unburden sets; one takes advantage of Endure, Liechi Berry, and Reversal, and the second, albeit less useful, set uses Fake Out and a Normal Gem

Hitmonlee @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Endure
- Reversal
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge / Mach Punch
>>
>>28508325
>never heard of Ray Rizzo
>on /vp/
You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
Never use normal gem fake out one, it's so disappointing when compared to liechi endure.

Source someone who laddered with Hitmonlee, seriously the fake out set lacks firepower.
>>
Honestly some of his sets are stupid, but some were and should be more utilized. I mean come on Heavy Slam Curse Wailord is hilarious with the right spread. I've even used AV Physical Wailord with Zen Headbutt, HS, Waterfall and EQ and it's fun but this is long before wanna be Zoroark fucked it all up. I mean SERIOUSLY? Amnesia and Curse Setting for a mon whose stats are too far skewed? If it had a larger HP state or slightly better defense then maybe but still. Honestly Wailord with a Mega would be scary as shit cause 20 in attacks 30 in defense could make a Curse one a lot more scarier especially in double battles with the right partner. Anyways sorry.

And the big ego he gets for using these sets is what makes him a douche. IF he really was versatile he'd show multiple sets and rank them to " a monkey like me can use it" to "Wolfe Glick Shit Right Here SON."
>>
So it is viable, always wondered if Endure + Unburden could be a thing with Unburden Hitmonlee. Only issue is Priority Mons and thank god I run them for crazy shit like this.
>>
>>28508478
This. If his ego wasn't massive and he didn't lead which hunts on genners, I would have no problem with him. Idc if someone isn't good as a game, but if you're a douche about it, then I don't feel sorry.
>>
>>28508425
>waaah how come you didn't hear of my hero!
what, for wining the chamionship? thinking that just because i like a game i should know any person who ever exceled at it is the normalfag way of thinking.
>yyou play football and you didn't hear about *random player name*? GET OUT

if all you have to show how much of a fan you are is trivia than its only yourself you are fooling.
>>
>>28508531
witch, not which
>>
>>28508570
so much autism in one post
>>
File: butthur.jpg (66KB, 504x480px) Image search: [Google]
butthur.jpg
66KB, 504x480px
>>28508646
anyone can play the ad-hominem game, anon.
>>
>>28508425
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are not under the age of 18.
Ftfy
>>
He is also the creator of the most OP strategy ever: Fury Cutter Mega Venasaur
>>
>>28507131
I still think mentioning Verlishit should be a ban-able offense.
>>
>>28507343

Yes, it is. Hopefully we have just saved another soul from Verlisify.
>>
>>28507221
No way, max defense scarf volcarona is the best, you need one on your team to couner mega lucarios.
>>
>japs experiment more

Yeah that's why every single JP player on XY randoms since release is either clearly not done with the game yet due to sub level 50 Pokemon or has the team of

>Protean Greninja
>Gale Wings Talonflame
>Mega Kangaskhan
>Prankster Clefki
>Rotom Wash
>Gengar
>>
>>28508378
That set looks fun. I need to try it.
>>
Early Bird Ledian sounds like a hilarious way to deal with Darkrai.

Other than that... I got nothing.
>>
>>28507131
he very often makes non-functional movesets, like recover or setu moves on scarfed mon or the likes.

So, okay, sure, he's creative and does things that aren't the copy-pasta meta. So did the original premise of showderp. But at least showderp admitted it was awful with little to no chance of winning, which is why its fun when it does anyways.
>>
>>28509400
Showderp has some surprisingly good sets, the "problems" are most people suggest garbage, and more importantly there is no possiblity for team building
>>
>>28509465
Citizen Snips is a good example of this. As is Good Goyim and Hero We Deserve.
>>
who is this verlisify fag desu
>>
>>28509332
first, i put in infestation. that prevents anything that wasn't smart enough to pull out on time stick around for a while longer than i can either toxic stall it or encore it into repeating scald for my cradily to eat. at any rate, the fact that rest only lasts 2 turns instead of 3 is a major plus. (1 turn of use+ 1turn of sleep vs 1 turn of use 2 turns of sleep)

it can sp wall must threats beside maybe diancie.
>>
>>28509558
here's a sample
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr6YEcn2Vbo&ab_channel=Verlisify
>>
>>28508325
>never heard of him.

He's the dude who got caught cheating at Worlds a few years back, by using a Dream Ball Aegislash (Aegislash is a Gen 6 Pokémon so it can't have a Dream Ball, which means he hacked it; I think he also had a Lure Ball Drizzle Politoed, also an illegal combination).
>>
>>28510295
>cheating balls
Who cares? Call me back when he's got like, a cotton guard phantom force banette.
>>
>>28510403
>Who cares?

It's objective proof that he hacked. I don't care about people injecting Pokémon because I do it too, but you have to make sure you check everything so you can't get caught, or not so easily caught (I remember hearing Se Jun Park had a Magmar in VGC 2013 with an impossible IV combination from its original Gen 3 game, but you would have to really dig to find that, while any spectator watching can notice a Dream Ball Aegislash).
>>
>>28510434
if it only gave him a cosmetic advantage, not a mechanical one, literally who cares?
>>
>>28511125
Cheating is cheating, you should be punished by disqualification if you get caught. It undermines both the legit players and the people who work so their cheats are 100% legit if you allow people to be so sloppy. Also VGC is autistic enough that some players try to gain victory by timing out the opponent, and the Dream Ball has a longer release animation than any other ball if I understand correctly. I'm not sure if Rizzo is autistic enough to intentionally plan that, but he might be.
>>
>>28509549
I know little of Showderp and have never heard of any of those sets. What are they and what mons are they for?
>>
>>28507131

I love the japanese meta more than anything, man, but that guys a tool and horrible at it.
>>
>>28511326
Snips is a drapion with leftovers, rest, sleep talk, accupressure, and knockoff.

good goyim, I've forgotten the whole thing, but it involved a shiny lvl2 probopass with a berry juice and painsplit.

hero... it was a slurpuff... something about cotton guard and draining kiss?

for that matter, roulette rock, though silly was often quite effective. it was just a max attack, min speed rhyperior with explosion holding a red card. They attack first, it switches to something at random, 9 times out of 10 it dies.

Sorry I'm so unreliable on info, it's been ages since I've kept up with showderp. It got a bit stagnant for a bit, work got more intense, and I found a bunch of youtubers I liked. I've been meaning to go back, maybe champ a time or two, but eh. I probably don't belong in that spot.
>>
Why does he need to post several videos a day regurgitating the same shit and why the fuck are the videos over 10 minutes?
>>
if we are talking about trying to make mons ou viable

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-436787320

i think the battle started out nice no? im riotwave btw, and yes i made 2 major mistakes there
>>
>>28511515
because that's how youtube's new(ish) algorithm works. it's all based on consecutive watchtime.

which is why after the swap, animation died and letsplays and vlogging boomed. Because talking into a camera you can make 15+ minute videos that release daily and barely break a sweat, while animation it could take you two weeks work to make a minute long video.
>>
>>28511508
Roulette Rock is a Gigalith, with Sturdy to ensure it doesn't die before it attacks (unless there are hazards).

I stopped paying attention to Showderp due to people giving all champs shitmons instead of just bad champs. Its atmosphere has really changed since I started going there in late 2013. Sometimes I'll champ for old time's sake and I don't think anyone cares that much if you're rusty, none of the new champs seem to try that hard anymore. I remember attempting to ladder with serious intent with the sole purpose of understanding the meta better and being able to build Showderp teams more efficiently (within the limits of whatever team I got of course), old Showderp was great when people tried their hardest to win. I could've sworn someone once got to the #1 ladder spot while playing for Showderp because of some bug with the algorithm and champ gaining several hundred ELO points per win.
>>
>>28508286
>(You)tubers
What's the point of this?
>>
>>28511652
>I stopped paying attention to Showderp due to people giving all champs shitmons instead of just bad champs.

Yeah....that pretty much sums it up. Showderp went from experimental silliness to memes to almost exclusively shitmons.

I feel that's becoming a problem with a lot of boards, frankly. Summer never really goes away anymore. It just gets met with the next years onslaught on top of the one that stayed, this one understanding even less than the previous because it gets harder to glean from lurking because of all the retained summer.
>>
File: hotmonkaydik.png (1001KB, 656x4710px) Image search: [Google]
hotmonkaydik.png
1001KB, 656x4710px
>>28511748
>Summer never really goes away anymore. It just gets met with the next years onslaught on top of the one that stayed, this one understanding even less than the previous because it gets harder to glean from lurking because of all the retained summer.

You said it. I think it's because of smartphones, you can shitpost from anywhere at any time, and it's even easier to ban evade than usual on a phone.
>>
>>28507131
>He is bringing the Japense style of battling to the world.
Primal Groudon and other Uber cancer every fucking game? Fuck off
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.