[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished the E4..Holy fuck this game was great. Gen 3 is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 16

Just finished the E4..Holy fuck this game was great. Gen 3 is my 2nd least favorite gen, but ORAS is now in my top 3 Pokemon games.

>that fucking ending
>all of these great characters
>charming as fuck

I have now a new appreciation for a lot of Gen 3 mons I never had before simply because the 3D models. I can't wait for fucking Sun and Moon, Ohmori is a godsend.

But now I'm about to head into post game. Is the Delta Episode the only thing left completing? I was already working on a living Hoenn Dex during my playthrough, I just need some legendaries and a few mons.

Why do people hate this game?
>>
>>28505357
>Why do people hate this game?
Muh frontier
>>
File: orasinfograph.jpg (2MB, 3530x2466px)
orasinfograph.jpg
2MB, 3530x2466px
>>28505357
>>
>>28505357
>Holy fuck this game was great.
Stopped reading there.
>>
Opinions and high expectations.

After the delta episode you have the Battle Resort to explore and the pokedex to complete (includes catching all the legendaries around), and you can also rematch the league.
>>
>>28505357

Entitled fedoras whining about "muh frontier".
>>
>>28505357
>Kept R/S features which could have been replaced with better Emerald ones
>Some changed features are worse than the originals
>Delta Episode is shit
It's not bad overall, but it is the worst remake imo
>>
>>28505390
I ran out of toilet paper, can I use your opinion?
>>
>>28505434
>le high expectations meme

literally everyone thought the BF was going to be in the game and it's part of the reason people even fucking wanted hoenn remakes in the first place. adding a facility that was a big feature of the region d in a remake of said region isn't high expectations. it's standard expectations.

also 3/4 things you listed isn't even exclusive to ORAS.
>>
>>28505357

Soaring will give you access to almost every legendary. /vp/ is butthurt about that too for whatever reason but playing legendary hunter is fun.
>>
File: image.png (177KB, 664x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
177KB, 664x520px
>>28505527
>part of the reason people even fucking wanted hoenn remakes in the first place

Lol you're serious huh?
>>
>>28505357
It mainly stems from how great HGSS were as remakes in comparison. Those games were lovingly done, added a bunch of stuff, and generally felt like it was trying to breathe new life into it.

ORAS felt more like a lazy obligation, just checking off the minimum amount of boxes in order to say that they didn't remove more than they added. This is likely due to having to model the entire region in 3d, which ends up leaving the game, much like X and Y, feeling a bit rushed and hollow.

It's still a good game, but it's mainly because the original games were also good.

The reason people hate it is that it could have been so much better.
>>
>>28505550
Your revisionist history game is strong.
>>
>>28505357
I liked oras more than gen 3. R/S/E is literally unplayable to me.
>>
Delta Episode is amazing, probably one of the best story lines and Pokemon

And you can catch almost every legendary pokemon there is, and go back and look through every nook and cranny of Sea Mauville and the Team Base (Though you'll go through this in the delta episode anyway) for some deep lore

Have fun m8
>>
>>28505379
Thats literally it, and frontier isnt even worth the hype. If they put it in SM your only gonna see posts complaining about how it sucks and is stupid. ORAS were great games /vp just cries about every little detail. Idont even know why half of you even play pokemon
>>
>>28505542
Ah yes, the exciting task of flying around looking for the 'we couldn't be assed' portals.
>>
>>28505357
I fucking love all gen 6 games so far
>>
>>28505390

Most of that is either nitpicking or complaining about features that were not reused from XY/Emerald. And revealing details about the games before they're released don't count as a mark against it.

Did ORAS remove some good features? Sure. Could they have done more with what they made? Of course. Does that make it a terrible game? No. It wasn't the best remake ever, but I would consider it meh at worst.

P.S. There's still the original RSE if you want what you feel is a better game.
>>
>>28505527
Is this a joke?
Also what are you rambling about stuff I listed being exclusive or whatever? Are you out of your mind? Please read my post and the post I'm replying to before making a fool out of yourself.
>>
>>28505617
>one of the best storylines in Pokemon
>Zinnia Ruins Everything is a good story
I guess you didn't play the Looker Episode or literally any of the main stories besides XY's
>>
>why don't people like this obviously rushed quick buck game they only spent a year on to make more room for SM?

gee I don't know anon.
>>
>>28505357
A. Muh frontier
B. Current gen is shit, previous gen is best meme
just wait until gen 7 comes out, everyone will hate it and praise X/Y and OR/AS as the best games in the series
it happened with B/W and B2/W2
>>
>>28505671
People have liked gen 5 since X and Y. It's been 3 years and people are still shitting on it, it's not going away. They're bad games
>>
>>28505390
Bottom left chart, HGSS
>"Gym leaders are just as hard if not harder than the original games"

Top middle observation
>"reduced, possibly to even HGSS levels"

Make up your mind
>>
File: 1453167785474.png (275KB, 450x449px) Image search: [Google]
1453167785474.png
275KB, 450x449px
>>28505568
>>
>>28505646
>battle resort
same thing as Kiloude City

>pokedex to complete
can be done in XY.

>and you can also rematch the league
can be done in XY. You can also rematch gym leaders in XY, which ORAS doesn't have. Shocking.

You can even just substitute the delta episode for the Looker/Emma sidequest and the post game content is virtually the same as XY. Sad.
>>
>>28505703
>literally proving my point
jesus christ how retarded are people on this board
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 640x640px
>>28505390
Jesus H Christ, that is some high tier booty blasted autist shit right there. Even if all of it's technically true, it's still no reason to hate the game.

I get just not caring for it, sure, but you have to be actively TRYING to hate it if you're using those reasons as justification.
>>
>>28505741
Sorry I meant to say before X and Y.

BW2 has been called good since it game out 4 years ago. X and Y has been shit for 3 years
>>
>>28505711
Levels are relative you faggot. Johto has the lowest leveled Elite Four in the franchise, but they're still one of the harder ones because of how the level curve in GSC/HGSS is designed.
>>
>>28505757
>image.jpg
>Jesus H Christ

Is this some bait? Or are you underaged?
>>
OP here, so the only reasons people hate ORAS are the exclusion of the Frontier and the games' difficulty?

That's complete bullshit. Do the same people think SM are going to be shit too because of Ohmori?
>>
>>28505794
>before
but if you aren't a newfag who just goes with the "hivemind", you would know that gen 5 got shat on just as much before gen 6
now gladly fuck off and go play your "best gen of the series" while it's still the "best"
>>
I thought oras was just so boring :/
>>
>>28505671
>>28505703

Really? Because I see posts shitting on 5th gen all the time.
>>
>>28505854
Well also Gym leader rematches

Zinnia was a total shit character

Removal of customization

Lati@s being handed out to you for free

No expansions to Hoenn

And a few more things. Battle frontier is the largest insult however
>>
>>28505854
>Couldn't be fucked to read every post in his own thread
OP is a faggot.
>>
>>28505886
This. After I beat the Delta Episode my motivation to continue playing just dropped off almost immediately.
>>
>>28505854
>Do the same people think SM are going to be shit too because of Ohmori?

No. Because SM clearly has effort and time put into it and it's cleaning up a bunch of shit that should have been revamped years ago like IVs and HMs.

I can't even fucking customize my character in ORAS. Meanwhile SM isn't even out and they've already shown more male hair customization options than XY.
>>
>>28505876
Sure. And I'll play Platinum, Emerald and HGSS while they are still considard the best

Fuck off with your buzzwords
>>
>>28505357
great metabait OP.
>>
>>28505632

They're Hoopa's rings. Pulling stuff in from other dimensions.

The only shitty one is Ho-Oh's.
>>
>>28505968
Yeah, but no side quests like other games have had. It's just there because....?
>>
>>28505379
>>28505434

Never played the originals and I had shitloads of fun with ORAS.

Im afraid that eventually will play RSE and wont like it because the lack of the Exp Share as a key item and all the mega evolution references.

But if that famous battle frontier is worth all the praise i could probably ignore all that and actually like the game like everyone else does.
>>
>>28505999
Well you have to be competent to apricate them.

Like really, you need to be pretty smart
>>
>>28505982

Because of Hoopa. And it's not like you don't have to earn each one in some way. Each has a trigger to show up.

My only problem is I don't think there was anything that really initiates them. Like a character that gives hints about them. Which was upsetting.

It's a fun thing to do. ORAS are flawed but they're still fun games. They're not really the worst things ever. Solid 6.5/7 out of 10.
>>
>>28505921
I have read all of them. And most "reasons" aren't reasons at all, just opinions.
>>
>>28505568
Every click bait "top ten hopes for ORAS" video had the battle frontier way up there
>>
>>28506066
liking the game or thinking the game is good is also just an opinion.
>>
File: Jim-Mi-Oh!.jpg (43KB, 582x741px) Image search: [Google]
Jim-Mi-Oh!.jpg
43KB, 582x741px
>>28505918

>Who gives a fuck that you can't rematch them?
>oh yeah because we all play Pokemon for the deep characters.
>because being able to change what hat you wore or what accessories you had was such an integral part of the experience
>getting a pokemon you didnt need to use for free
>Probably the only legitimate criticism in this post.
>No shitty post game to extend your playthrough until you get bored of it after the computer cheats for the tenth time in a row!?! Whatever shall you do?
>>
>>28506060
I agree with that rating. I'm always a bit harder on ORAS on 4chan, but overall they're not bad games. But anyone saying the were some of the best games or it's the "Zelda cycle" I always try to point out it's flaws

Emerald>>>ORAS>>RS
>>
>>28505357

The Delta Episode is the least little bit of story in the game, but there is plenty of other things to do, like Legendary hunting. There's a really extensive list somewhere on the internet, but right now that's if off of the top of my head.

Good opinion, OP. We need more people like you on this board.
>>
>>28506090
Holy fuck you aren't baiting are you. You're being serious
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 480x360px
>>28505357
I hate ORAS because they didn't live up to my expectations, plain and simple.
>>
>>28506090
>who cares they removed features!
>who cares you can't fight people for fun

Holy fuck
>>
>>28505982
Cuz Pokemon is totally known for being a game full of sidequests.
>>
>>28506234
Yes. Platinum HGSS BW BW2 were filled with them.

Which all happen to be /vp/'s favorite games. How about that?
>>
>>28506084
But saying what's wrong with the game isn't an opinion, and saying what people hate about the game is an opinion.
>>
>>28505655
Not that guy, but as someone who's played pretty much everything about each individual main series game(Only thing not included is Platinum's aftergame. Although I did play Diamond's and I am aware of some of the differences)...

A story about a Religious Death Seeker who wants to save a world she firmly believe exists and knows that no one else will back her up, ending off with the champion of Hoenn RIDING A FUGGING DRAGON INTO SPACE TO FIGHT A ALIEN is a pretty neat idea to say the least.
>>
>>28506283
Is objectively true that it is lacking content compared to other remakes and games
>>
>>28506264

As someone who loves Black and White with a passion, the closest thing to a side quest you get in that game is finding the Six sages and setting up BW2's ghost girl.
>>
>>28505357
People shit on ORAS just because muh Battle Frontier, but the games are fucking great
Easily top 3 of the franchise
>>
>>28506369
>Easily top 3 of the franchise

Anon...
>>
>>28506358
Don't forgot Abyssal ruins.

And working with Cheren in Bw2 postgame in pinwheel forest.

And Yancy/Curtis
>>
>>28506304

The only real problem with the Delta Episode is that it contradicts XY and confuses people with that multiverse shit, and it fucked over the Sky Pillar.

Otherwise it's the standard JRPG nonsense that Pokemon is accustomed to.
>>
>>28506449
She was so negitvely received in Japan that some people made a hate wiki for her and was able to tie her story writer/creator to a hentai author.

They really hated her
>>
>>28506427

Don't mention BW2 when discussion BW's sidequests and post game.

BW2 has great post game and side material.

BW not so much. The best BW does, as that anon said, is the six sages, the ghost girl, and going back to older routes because you can now use HMs and fish.

Not being able to fish until the end of the game still pisses me off about BW. It was such a bullshit move.
>>
Top 3 in no order are HGSS, B2W2, and Emerald.

fite me
>>
>>28506494

That doesn't change the fact that she's typical JRPG nonsense.
>>
>>28506449

I wouldn't outright say it contradicts X and Y. Closest thing it really does is Sycamore's theory as to why Mega stones exist, and Lucario to be the first pokemon to Mega Evolve (Which it technically could be, at least for non-legendary pokemon)

That, and Fairy types and Mega Evolution not being a new discovery. But that's just Gameplay and Story Integration or whatever the name of that Trope is.
>>
>>28506427
>Abyssal ruins

Getting all the plates counts as a sidequest now?
>>
>>28506151
you can literally call any game shit for that
it's the ultimate cop-out
give an actual reason
>>
File: image.png (502KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
502KB, 600x600px
>>28506515
Oh that stuff drives me insane. Probably one of my biggest flaws about the game. Same with stupidly high evolution levels

Something I liked about Unova was finding the rest of it after the elite 4. Just compare gen 5/6 first routes

even Kalos's second route is shit
>>
>>28506557
>finding lore about the world with puzzles and items rewards
Yes?

>>28506548
Name another character with a hate wiki that's for just them
>>
>>28506552

It contradicts it in a way where it makes ORAS confusing in a way FRLG and HGSS aren't.

You can easily replace the originals with FRLG and HGSS. HGSS even gives ques to where it fits directly with DPPt.

XY intergrates megas, and to a lesser extent Fairy-types, into the story. They give a reasoning for it's existence, they take care to explain why this is a part of Kalos and not other regions.

Instead of just running with megas ORAS just says fuck it and starts tossing awkward lore around that feels out of place.
>>
Oh if only ORAS were released for Gen V, immediately after B2W2 perfected that engine.
>>
>>28506494
>She was so negitvely received in Japan that some people made a hate wiki for her and was able to tie her story writer/creator to a hentai author.

really? who was the author?
>>
File: 1410580508486.jpg (37KB, 400x182px) Image search: [Google]
1410580508486.jpg
37KB, 400x182px
>>28506665

>We will never get another DS Pokemon game
>>
>>28506583

Kalos's first route is fine. It's meant to be a path connecting a suburb to the village. XY clearly wanted to ditch the route convention and use the names and it really would have been better off for it.

It's second is shit though. I generally like Kalos but it's such a boring route. And the worst part is surfing in that river and opening up more stuff would have been great.
>>
>>28506843
I actually thought naming routes where cool, but most of them were non memorable. Also I still don't get why they didn't combine those first towns. There is literally no reason
>>
>>28506891

They are combined. For the most part.

It's the point of that "route"

Vaniville Pathway.

It's like a path connecting the village to its small suburb.

They really should have just shared the same name though I can agree there but I like the concept. It was quaint and made it feel like a nice quaint french village. Reminded me of Beauty and the Beast.
>>
>>28505379
>implying this isn't a massive complaint

Fuck off, autistic Dragon girl fag
>>
>>28506665
>B2/W2 perfected it
no it didn't
>>28506809
>wanting more unoptimized games on a console with power comparable to a potato

3DS is infinitely better than a DS
>>
The game was clearly rushed in some areas, a good example is the first three towns if you examine the slogan signs you get a panover of the whole town from a bird's eye view, but none of the towns after. Delta Episode is horrendous mostly due to one character. Lack of Emerald's good additions, like the cross-sight Doubles, Magma Hideout, and Battle Frontier. They also totally stripped down the New Mauville dungeon.

I really enjoyed the maingame myself, everyone's characterization is great, the changes to the story are good, and I enjoy exploring Hoenn as a region especially with additions like the DexNav, Soaring, and underwater trainers, but Delta Episode shits the bed on all story elements and there isn't much else to do after DE you can't do and probably did do in XY the year prior other than Contests which I don't care too much for. From what I hear the JP script for NPC's was brimming full of Japanese internet memes too, thankfully that doesn't impact me playing in English.

I thought it was good, but it should've been a lot better just from some Emerald elements. I blame Masuda.

>>28506701
Look up the ORAS Scenario Director, it's the same pronounciation but the hentai credits used a kanji name while in Pokemon he was credited with a katakana name.

However, the same name also has credits in the TCG from years ago from what I dug up.
>>
>>28507504
>Delta Episode is horrendous mostly due to one character.

Yeah, fuck Courtney/Matt. Least Zinnia was trying to save the world in her on way.
>>
>>28507045
it isnt
>>
>>28507659
They were bad too, but I think Zinnia was worse. The only possible justification to some of her thought processes and behavior is she's like twelve and she had her position forced on her after her predecessor Aster died, but it's not like the game tells you any of that, and it doesn't really do a good job of characterizing her for that viewpoint either. At least most characters including her granny pretty much acknowledges she's a real piece of work, though they don't do it well enough.

Courtney/Matt at least had their already established blind devotion to their leader and their plans to explain their asinine actions.
>>
>>28505627

>that's literally it

Fuckin ORAS apologists.
>>
>>28508156
>no post game isn't a problem

Nintendo shill pls leave
>>
>>28507659
I forgot how terrible they were in the Delta Episode. "I'm gonna destroy the world because you made by boss sad!" It's like they completely missed the fact that Archie and Maxie definitely didn't want to destroy the world, and at the end it's brushed aside like they didn't intentionally try to kill everyone.
>>
>>28505357
Play the Rom hack Star Saphire/Rutile Ruby and ignore the hate.
>>
>>28507504
>, a good example is the first three towns if you examine the slogan signs you get a panover of the whole town from a bird's eye view, but none of the towns after.
Routes 101 to Petalburg have better attention to detail in their maps as well.

The dirt roads in Petalburg look natural compared to how it looks in Route 104 and beyond, where it looks really blocky.
>>
>>28505643
>features that were not reused from XY/Emerald
And HGSS, and BW/2, AND FRLG. The lack of difficulty options, auto-run, Game Corner replacement, and no backporting for new Megas was just fucking stupid. And no postgame means everything the game has to offer essentially caps off at around level 60. There's very little incentive to continue playing.

It's a slap in the face when it comes to Pokemon remakes, especially when the last two were really fucking great.
>>
>>28505357

Let's see:

The visuals are bad. Hoenn is lazily redone in 3D, without even thinking of how to properly transition it from 2D to 3D. Everything is too square, and just look at the caves. The framedrops are still ever present in battles, and they are still as annoying as in XY.

The game hands you the exp. share before the first gym. This item shouldn't exist, let alone be handed out that early. It is complemented by the continued fucked up exp system in gen VI. The game also hands you a free legendary with a mega stone. No tension. No build-up. No challenge whatsoever to get it. No backstory, no reason to why Lati@s trust the player at all. It's just bad design, even if you don't have to use it. I want to catch it, not be gifted it.

The Delta episode is the worst thing I have ever witnessed in pokémon. It can't even remain consistent about the asteroid's size, shrinking it down to a pebble in comparison to what the intro says. The overall plot here makes no sense, why should the player even listen to a character that could in any other way be classified as a villain.

Several of the redesigned areas are terrible. Granite cave, Mauville, Sky Pillar, New Mauville and the safari zone to name some. For the first, why do I even have to backtrack to get pokémon like Aron? Is walking through a cave too hard for people nowadays?

The maison was just dumped into a game. The lack of a frontier is bad enough, but they didn't even give it enough effort to make it a tower instead of the maison. I don't know why anyone would willingly defend the lack of a frontier, but at least they could have made a minute effort.

There's little to no new areas that are interesting to explore and discover. The mirage islands are just there, and there's no exploration. Scorched Slab was expanded to a cave, but it's not anything really new, as it was there in the first place.

I mean, I can expand on most of these points as well, no problem.
>>
File: b8fp.png (90KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
b8fp.png
90KB, 500x501px
>>28506369
>just because muh Battle Frontier
>>
File: encounter-deoxys.gif (1MB, 500x279px)
encounter-deoxys.gif
1MB, 500x279px
delta episode was shit, but this was one of the best moments in a pokemon game.
>>
File: 1473297331903.jpg (11KB, 295x378px)
1473297331903.jpg
11KB, 295x378px
>>28505390
nitpicking autists
>>
ORAS sucks, but at least RutileRuby/StarSapphire makes it better.
>>
>>28505819
Great rebuttal my friend.
>>
File: ORAS_a_shit.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS_a_shit.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>28505379
Not exactly
>>
>>28505390
I just want to debunk the shit out of the graphical complaints - they kept everything faithful to the original games. There was no reason to add extra fluff for no reason. And the heavily modified/brand new areas still looked pretty good.
>>
>>28511952
>my game doesn't make me have to tediously grind enough so I'm going to make a hack that makes me have to grind more!
>>
>>28512065
>I've never played it
The level curve is balanced around leaving the EXP Share on. If you do, you shouldn't have to grind at all. You don't even have to bother with Super Training because the game sells you EV items for dirt cheap.
>>
>>28505918
>no expansions to Hoenn
>what are the soar exclusive places

Anon...
>>
>>28512021
>that cherrypicked list
It's objectively better than any gen 4 or 5 game, full stop.
>>
>>28512108
>objectively better than Platinum or BW2

No. Kill yourself.
>>
>>28505357
Honestly, I wouldn't have much problem with this game even if they didn't add much new content and just made a straight remake of Emerald with Megas and better graphics. It would still be a worse remake than HGSS but hey, at least I'd have fun with Frontier and shit. But they didn't. Gameplay wise it was a straight downgrade compared to Emerald and even RS. Downsized or flat out removed localizations, unsatisfying postgame, dumbed down contests, downgraded difficulty in general. As someone who loves gen 3 it felt super fucking dull to play through.

The things they did add didn't seem to be all that well thought out either. Mauville fell prey to the "big and soulless central city" meme while the Hoopa legendaries didn't feel rewarding to catch because - much like Mewtwo in XY - they didn't hid behind any fun dungeons/mazes.

The only things where it seemed like they tried to put some effort was the story (not Delta Episode though) and the secret bases.
>>
>>28505475
Pretty much this.
>>
>>28505489
Why do you need toilet paper? You're a big pile of steaming shit anyway
>>
>>28512232
>The only things where it seemed like they tried to put some effort was the story

While I disagree with the main story (I certainly didn't feel they put a lot of extra effort into that, but that's just me), I think that Sea Mauville is a place that they did well in environmental storytelling. While it didn't reflect very well in the rest of the game, at least they made some effort in making it interesting. The series of letters from the kid is a particular highlight.

I also think they put some effort into making DexNav, though I don't feel it blends very well with the rest of the game. It's just ... there. On that note, I would like to say that they finally made pokémon seen in the overworld registered in the dex as seen. Took them only 18 years.

>>28512039
The graphics look shit. And that's because they kept everything faithful to the original games. They shouldn't have done that, they should have actually made an effort into making Hoenn work well in a 3D environment. They utterly failed at doing that. This is the company that gives you a "tropical rainforest" filled with fucking pine trees. What a joke. If I wanted a faithful rendition of Hoenn, I'd play my copy of Ruby.
>>
>>28512108
Nice meme
>>
ORAS was better than XY but the missed potential is annoying when compared to HGSS and Emerald.
>>
It's a shame that ORAS is lacking in so many areas because the actual story is one of the most fun in the series. Plenty of charming characters and cool setpieces, the kind of thing that would have blown my mind as a kid.
>>
>>28505357
My main problem? Alterative timeline.
No multi contests info killed that game for me.
>>
>>28512485
This. ORAS isn't nearly as bad as everyone claims, but it certainly didn't live up to its full potential, which is unfortunate.
>>
>>28507204
>DS
>Potato

You can only Choose 1 AND ONLY 1
>>
ORAS is at least better than XY.
>>
>>28512108
RS: Aunt-3D-ism Edition over BW: Masterpice Editon

And if your count Spin-Off's, then your opinion is Shittier Than it Already is
>>
File: 41.jpg (69KB, 660x286px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
69KB, 660x286px
>>28512755
>RS: Aunt-3D-ism Edition over BW: Masterpice Editon
>>
>>28505617
No it isnt
>>
>>28505671
Stop forcing the Zelda Cycle on Pokemon
>>
>>28505854
You are clearly just seeing what you want to see at this point

>>28506090
And you are trying to justify removal of features
>>
>>28505390
Wow ORAS looks like dogshit compared with XY
>>
I dont know why this people that shit about everything in the games still play pokemon.
Seriously
>>
>>28512108
The only game in Gens 4 and 5 it is better than is DP

>>28512954
You don't know why people who don't like one particular set of games play anything in a 20 year franchise?
>>
>>28505617
>Delta Episode is amazing,
This is why I can never take ORAShitters seriously.
>>
>>28512954
>People hate the Gen6 games, surely they must hate the whole franchise
>>
>>28505617
>Go here
>No wait go here
>No wait go back to the first place
>No wait go here
>One battle
>Go here
Seriously it is just using fly 15 times in a row followed by Zinnia telling you a shitty story over multiple floors of the tower that could be summed up in like less then a hundred words.
"I want to summon Rayquaza and mega evolve it to blow up the meteor."
>>
File: 1473383594966.png (29KB, 239x237px) Image search: [Google]
1473383594966.png
29KB, 239x237px
>>28505390

>No Gym Leader rematches. Even X and Y managed to do this.

But XY didn't have them either.
>>
>>28513395
You can rebattle gym leaders in the Battle Chateau
>>
>>28513395
Did you even play the game?
Battle Chateau
>>
File: caillourem.png (45KB, 706x528px) Image search: [Google]
caillourem.png
45KB, 706x528px
>>28513395
battle chateau dumbass
>>
>>28506583

honestly, Kalos just feels unfinished.
It looks like they had things planned for the game, such as the Power Plant, but never got finished.

Perhaps it was rushed to get out a 3Ds game or they wanted to start working on Sun and Moon ASAP for the 20th Anniversary. But it just feels like Kalos is big open spaces that were meant to be filled. Had Potential, Just unfinished.
>>
>>28513395
XY had Gym rematches. They implemented them badly, are no challenging or fun, but they were there
>>
>>28512485
ORAS would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that it was a Remake.
>>
>>28513395
>>28513583
This reminds me, I didn't even okay the game enough to get to start rematching

Wait, I remember rematching Clemont, and that's it
>>
>>28506228

I don't know, man. Unless you're willing to start over, Pokemon games are going to lose their shine at some point. Rebattling gym leaders only delays the inevitable.

>>28512866

If you see it like that, then you completely miss the point of my post.

See above for gym rematches.

As cool of a feature customization was, XY didn't give you very many options for it. You had to stick with a very static appearance (hat, hat accessory; you couldn't wear sunglasses on your face, top, bottom, closed toe shoes, same kind of bag). Why does the lack of customization matter if it wasn't very free to begin with.

The Battle Frontier was never promised, and even if it was, it shouldn't be the only selling point. I personally didn't do the battle frontier for HG since it's not my kind of experience, so maybe I'm not qualified enough to give a legitimate criticism, but I've heard that the computer cheats like a nigga with a bitch who doesn't put out, so it doesn't sound too appealing to me.

ORAS isn't a perfect game, but for what it has, it certainly at least did a passable job.
>>
>>28512039
>- they kept everything faithful to the original games

Why do a remake if people are just going to use the "B-BUT THEY'RE JUST MAKING IT LIKE THE ORIGINAL RUBY AND SAPPHIRE" excuse? Just port the fucking games and make it a VC release if you're going to make the maps look like shit.

And what makes this even funnier is that they didn't even keep it faithful to the original games anyway. Why is the bike stuff in Sky Pillar gone if it's faithful to the originals? Why do I have to get a bike to catch Aron and Sableye if it's faithful to the originals? Why am I given a busted ass exp share super early into the game if it's faithful in the originals? Why am I given Lati@s instead of having to catch it own my own post-game if it's faithful to the originals?
>>
>>28514285
>I don't know, man. Unless you're willing to start over, Pokemon games are going to lose their shine at some point. Rebattling gym leaders only delays the inevitable.
You just saying I don't like it because it's new you fucking faggot

>Why does the lack of customization matter if it wasn't very free to begin with.
I don't know, why not expand it and make something better. Are you really trying to justify removal of stuff, because you didn't like it

>never promised
Yeah, but he Tower should have at least been there
>I didn't like it
Yeah, that's your opinion. You don't know how much time I've experienced there before online play.

You're honestly trying to justify all this shit because you didn't like it. A literal should act
>>
>>28513240
No joke, you get told to fly to Mossdeep, you get there, and the second you land, you get told to go somewhere else. The only reason for this is to waste your time
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.