[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lugarugan "forms"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: for what purpose sycamore.gif (408KB, 250x149px) Image search: [Google]
for what purpose sycamore.gif
408KB, 250x149px
>Umbreon and Espeon are similarly designed split evos based on day or night
>have different movepools and stats
>considered separate pokemon

>Lugarugan has different forms based on whether Rockruff evolves during the day or night
>shown using different moves, likely hinting that their movepools aren't exactly the same
>very possible they have different stats, as is the case with the vast majority of forms
>considered the same pokemon

Why? I don't see any reason why the two evos should be considered one pokemon if they're different. Espeon and Umbreon aren't considered different forms of the same Eeveelution.
>>
File: lugarugan day and night.png (2MB, 901x833px) Image search: [Google]
lugarugan day and night.png
2MB, 901x833px
They have literally the same body shape/proportions, the only difference is that night is red and stands on two legs.
>>
File: eouHCKk.png (108KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
eouHCKk.png
108KB, 540x360px
Why not? A bit of variety to evos is nice. Like meowstic male and female,
>>
File: 1470974268136.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470974268136.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>28504765
>different moveset
>different typings
>different shape and fur
>different face due to eyes and mane
>>
File: Wormadam.jpg (29KB, 402x373px) Image search: [Google]
Wormadam.jpg
29KB, 402x373px
>>
My theory is, is they retain the 1/2 of the same type when they evolve, it's just a form, but if they change typing in a dramatic way, it's a seperate poke altogether, like Mothim and >>28504891 .

Disregard things silcoon/cascoon as they were products of their dated era
>>
>>28504891
Sure there's precedent to do this but then I would still ask, why do it for Wormadam?
Though honestly that makes a bit more sense as they're very similar, same case with Meowstic
These feel like two entirely different Evos of the same mon
>>
File: image.png (300KB, 750x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
300KB, 750x470px
>>
>>28504949
read what i just wrote lol >>28504947

Honestly if this were a generation 1-3 poke, I could see them being two different pokemon
>>
Other notable examples might be Cherrim and Castform, which just change form with the weather, but look very different from each other
>>
>>28505047
Ah! Also, UNOWN and Shellos/Gastrodon, Rotom, Basculin (barely), Darmanitan Zen Mode, Deerling/Sawsbuck, and especially Zygarde
>>
>>28504765

Night version
>Floppy ears
>No fur mane under the neck
>Emo hair flip
>Thinner upper arms
>CROPPED TAIL!

Not the same anon.
>>
>>28505047
>>28505095
the difference is all of those have the same moves (for the most part)
>>
Because
The answer is always because
>>
I agree with you OP, all this does is give us less Pokemon for the new generation and that irks me so damn much. Forms in this sense are just lazy excuses, if you ask me.
>>
>>28505505
I'd rather have some variety/love given to existing pokemon with a few new ones here and there than 100+new ones where half of them are just kind of lukewarm, desu.
>>
>>28504630
sun and moon are probably separate dimensions or something. its a dog in the sun dimension and a wolfman in the moon dimension. thats why theres two ub-02. theyre different but were both discovered 2nd in each dimension. the time works differently and stuff happens differently and the big enemy is some dimensional alien. you know, theyre probably the ones responsible for splitting the dimensions and the worlds will merge after they fuck off. i dont know
>>
What if it isn't actually locked into that form when it evolves? It would be able to shift between night form and day form depending on the in-game time. Also, I don't think this is the first time a pokemon with multiple forms has learned different moves based on the form. Deoxsys comes to mind, as an example, and originally, the different forms for it were version exclusive, with Speed Form being Emerald exclusive, and Attack/Defense form depending on if you were playing RS or FRLG.
>>
>>28508753
its very probable that theyll be exclusive. but of course in future games youll be able to get both forms at the same time because they will have changed the evolution method like they did for milotic
>>
They probably had a Dex Quota/New Poke Quota and wanted to condense the Dex as much so they can fit more Im assuming.
We have Pokémon like Pansear-sage-pour that are separate and we have this one which gets a Form. Honestly they were lazy with this one
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.