[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this guy always left out of discussions of Generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: r-dex.jpg (29KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
r-dex.jpg
29KB, 400x240px
Why is this guy always left out of discussions of Generation VII Pokemon?
>>
>>28503781
W H I S P E R
H
I
S
P
E
R
>>
It's Rotom. Rotom is a Gen 4 Pokemon not Gen 7. Also this new form is likely not possible to battle with.
>>
>>28503823
I don't speak in memes. What the fuck are you saying.
>>
>>28503827
>Rotom is a Gen 4 Pokemon
I'm aware.
>This new form is likely not possible to battle with
Based on what? How do you know? You have no idea the capacity to which I can be interacted with within the game because the game's not out yet. Aren't you the least bit curious/imaginative?
>>
>>28503781
cuz he's like small helpful guide for the game. Think of it like a more helpful and useful "Navi" of pokemon. There's really nothing else about him that stands out besides the fact that it's a rotom who talks and does shit for you
>>
HANDHOLDING DEVICE YOU CAN HOLD IN YOUR HANDS
>>
>>28503947
HE CAN ALSO LEVITATE SO YOU DONT NEED TO HAND HOLD YOUR HAND HOLDING DEVICE
>>
>>28503889
>Anon in charge of knowing what "likely" means
>>
>>28503841
The ghost.

From Yo-kai Watch.
>>
File: whisperipad.png (465KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
whisperipad.png
465KB, 960x540px
>>28503841
It's pretty blatantly Whisper from Yokai Watch. Except instead of the character holding the device to explain stuff to the player, they're combined.
>>
>we want the yokai watch audience
>>
>>28503781
Because Rotomdex isn't an actual Pokemon that we have captured. It's a device that we will use on our journey.

As such, we won't even have Rotom's dex unless we captured an actual Rotom.
>>
>>28504006
I asked how you knew it was likely and you said nothing. Keep it up, I can go all night.
>>
>>28503781
NOT A POKEMON :^)
>>
>>28504111
did it really take this long to pick up on this
>>
>>28504320
>Rotom
>Not a pokemon
You're partly right but mostly a faggot.
>>
>>28503781
Because it's going to be the annoying comic relief
>>
>>28504320
>>28504195
>>28503896
It's a new form for Rotom, a Pokemon. It will have an ability and a movepool and everything.
>>
>>28503781
With all the honest-to-god gen 1 pandering going on in the game it's crazy to remember Rotom is being pushed like this.
>>
>>28504393
>playing your strengths is now """""pandering""""
>>
>>28503781
Because in order for me to continue to be excited about this gen, I need to forget that Robo-Whisper exists for as long as I can.
>>
>>28504415
Oh yeah, Rattata is truly one of the pillars of pokemon.
>>
>>28503947
I want Rotom to hold hands with me
>>
>>28504369
No. It's our Pokedex. It's serving as our device to scan and catalog Pokemon. It isn't serving as a battle companion.
>>
>>28504393
>caring this hard about Gen I Pokemon getting focus.
It's time to let it go, Anon. Just accept it. Don't get pissy over nothing.
>>
>>28503781
Ugliest fucking Pokedex to date. It looks like a Leapfrog tablet for babies and will probably do exactly that by making ~hilarious~ quips at you while holding your hand the entire game. Doubled with its giant eyes distracting you by staring and taking up the upper part of the screen when you want to actually use the damn Pokedex. It sucks.
>>
>>28504415
Literally who cared about Marowak and Exeggutor before this and I'm saying this as a certified genwunner who genuinely loves both? Literally the ONLY reason we're still getting Kantoshit fucked up our asses to this degree is because the games are finally getting legitimate releases in China for the first time in over a decade, if ever.
>>
>>28504415
>playing to your strengths
>ie giving most Megas to Gen 1
>giving all Alola Formes to Gen 1
>giving most evolutions to Gen 1 shitmon in the following gens
>having most rep outside the series be Gen 1
>giving super special Z-Stones to Gen 1

Its pandering, m8. Plain and simple. Granted, most Gen 1 mon can use it since they're beyond power creep'd out, but its pandering along the way.
>>
>>28504547
It really is probably the worst part of the new games, or at least the part I'm looking forward to the absolute least.

God dammit I've been playing since the discovery of Mew was fucking news and all of this shit has literally made me hate Gen 1 at this point. Give it a rest.
>>
>>28504536
I'm honestly not mad about it. I forgot how much negative connotations the word "pandering" has. It's true though, they're pushing gen 1 pokemon only as Alolan forms.
>>
>>28504349
I hope it's going to be a bitch rather than general comic relief. I want to journey with a shit-talking pokemon that likes deadpan humor at my expense.
>>
>People think you can battle with one of the most valuable pieces of technology just because a pokemon is inside of it
>Implying a fucking Pokedex is on the same level as a fan or a washing machine
>>
>>28504599
Marowak is remembered because of Cubone memes about the skull and ghost Marowak
>>
>>28504832
You're getting memes
>>
File: Rotom info-1.jpg (158KB, 582x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Rotom info-1.jpg
158KB, 582x1272px
>>28504320

It is a Pokémon.
>>
So in ORAS we had the dexnav

Any chance that rotomdex might also run it?

And what sort of new interface mechanic do you think they'll give us?
>>
>>28504857
>one of the most valuable pieces of technology
If I had the option I'd chuck it in the ocean and go without it for the rest of the game.
>>
>>28504832
You're getting neither and from what we've seen its just going to be a straight faced talking Pokedex.

They'll make it Whisper for the Ashnime though.
>>
>>28504962
>"WOAH DID YOU SEE THAT? WAS THAT A POKEMON?"
>"Of course not. It was just swamp gas and a weather balloon."
>"Oh really? Well I found the Pokemon right here."
>"Yes, well ehm... OH LOOK A POKEMON!"
>>
>>28504369
And you can only have 5 other Pokemon because he takes up a battle slot, right?
>>
>>28504936
Rotom is a Pokemon, yes. This is obvious. This can't be denied. This is the ultimate truth.

However, the Rotomdex is a tool that contains a Rotom within it. It is powered by Rotom. It can't simply scan itself into the device.

Granted, it probably COULD inject its own information into it with whatever it wanted. However, in the game, we most likely won't have Rotomdex's 'Rotom Entry', and the Rotom Dex isn't going to be a Pokemon we can use for battle.

It isn't going to take up a slot.
>>
>>28504006
kek
something about the way you phrased this gave me a chuckle m8
>>
File: nuN9FOt.jpg (150KB, 1700x953px) Image search: [Google]
nuN9FOt.jpg
150KB, 1700x953px
>>28505204

I know.
>>
>>28504393
>gen 1 pandering meme again
People actually think this is unironically a thing still? Jesus christ, /vp/
>>
im just happy my favourite pokemon is getting some fame, and excited for some merch of him too
>>
>>28504832
please no
please dont stick a 'deadpan' Marvel Cinematic Universe quipmachine in my pocket that starts tutorial dialogue with me all the time

I'd rather they gave it a fucking personality than make it a stupid hand-holding quipbot. Why can't it be a coward? Or why can't it always want to run headlong into precarious situations and give the player poor advice because of that ot

ANYTHING more interesting than a fuckin Leapfrog tablet for babies that functions to quip and hold your hand like this anon already said
>>28504547

Fucking please no, we won't be able to turn it off. The railroading with extraneous characters and stupid dialogue that you can't skip has gotten worse and worse and worse with every generation. Rotomdex is going to cram its hands down your throat and out your ass just to reach up and around to hold your hands again

FUCK
>>
>your rotom dex is the professor's/another trainer's
>you don't battle with someone else's pokemon
>you can catch your own rotom and have it possess an extra pokedex you find
>maybe some gimmick where the more of the pokedex you fill out the better dex-forme rotom is
One can dream
>Rotom-Dex
>Electric/?Psychic?
>Same stat spread as other Rotom formes or a fast mixed attacker.
>Ability: Does more damage to Pokemon you have captured.
>Forme-specific Move: Sketch
>>
>>28503889
Not that guy, but they havent shown anything about Rotom-Dex fighting. If it were a possibility, theyd probably show it off right away, giving it a typing and special move like the rest of the alternate forms. I imagine its a pacifist like Lillie, or has some other reason it wont leave the dex. Plus, its always on you, so either they would have to allow the player to use 7 pokemon unlike literally every other trainer in the game, or you only get to carry 5 others and you are forced to have an extra slot on your team saved for it. Plus, what happens if it faints? Then you wouldnt be able to use the pokedex.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 500x220px
>TFW you realize this is Alolan Rotom
>>
>>28503841
It means the Rotom dex is going to be the coolest kat around -whis
>>
>>28505352
/vp/ is mainly Hoennbabies. They hate the RBY master race like Gen X hates their parents. I forgot what the complex is called.
>>
>>28505468
>Ability: Does more damage to Pokemon you have captured.
That must happen now
>>
>>28505508
Projection on your part
>>
Because no-one is excited about the Rotomdex. At best it won't drag down the rest of the game, at worst it'll be what people joke Navi is like.
>>
>>28505602
What part of that is a projection? I'm not a Hoennbaby, or a Gen X-er, and I don't hate my parents or anyone who started Pokémon at a later stage than me.

It's been polled. /vp/ is mostly Hoennbabies. They obviously have issues with "Genwunners."
>>
>>28505352
Wanna help me complete my list of obviously stretched truths of why every gen pandered to gen 1?
Gen 1: Being Gen 1
Gen 2: Being the direct sequel to Gen 2
Gen 3: Remake of Gen 3
Gen 4: Professor Oak and Roaming Legendary Birds
Gen 5: No old pokemon until post game? Number of new pokemon close to 151?
Gen 6: Most of XY.
Gen 7: Alolan forms only being Gen 1 pokemon (so far)
>>
File: memes.png (186KB, 650x560px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
186KB, 650x560px
>>28503889

>You have no idea the capacity to which I can be interacted with within the game
>to which I can be interacted with
>I can be interacted with
>I
>>
>>28505742
>Being the direct sequel to Gen 2
>Remake of Gen 3
Holy fuck. I meant Gen 1.
>>
I hope that the Rotomdex comes with Rotom's dex entry already filled out, without ever needing to see or catch a Rotom

and I hope it's full of FLAGRANT LIES, claiming Rotom to very obviously be the best pokemon, able to defeat legends with ease
>>
>>28505470
You can still use fainted Pokemon for HM moves, I don't see why Rotom would be an exception.
>>
Post YFW he gets infected by an Ultra Beast and you have to battle him
>>
>>28504031
>>28504057
This is so batlant ripping off, coupled with Rotom being a Ghost Type to begin with makes it almost like GF is parodying Yokai Watch.
>>
File: tmp_32044-bye1509674340.jpg (325KB, 1018x1502px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32044-bye1509674340.jpg
325KB, 1018x1502px
>>28505440
If you say so, senpai
>>
>>28506024

I don't like that idea.

The Pokédex never lies.
>>
>>28504369
1. There's no logic behind that.
2. New forms are not new Pokemon, they are new forms. No separate dex entry, not a new Pokemon.
>>
>>28505490
It's not, you idiot.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.