[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TPC just shot themselves in the foot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

>Pokemon GO by western game studio
>Detective Pikachu Hollywood movie
>Generations by American animation studio

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about Pokemon's Americanization, is not going to purchase SM for 3DS, nor will they purchase any future Pokemon games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but TPC has alienated an entire market with this move.

TPC, publicly apologize and cancel Generations right now or you can kiss your business goodbye.
>>
File: 444.png (522KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
444.png
522KB, 680x680px
>I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert)
>>
Generations is going to be good though
>>
Wew
Been awhile since I've seen this copyasta.
>>
>>28501225
Typical annoying fans like you. Complain about Ash for years, then when you get the Pokemon plot you've always wanted, want it cancelled.

You sicken me. Please leave.
>>
>>28501225
was this confirm anywhere?
>>
>>28501321
People around here will bitch about everything, best to just ignore it.
>>
>>28501225
>If I pretend hard enough to be Japanese, they will welcome me with open arms and 99 meidos
>>
>>28501481
At least now I understand why creators don't pander to fan rants. They'll just rant about what they wanted.
>>
>>28501321
>>28501481
>>28501597
It's a copypasta based on a famous neogaf post about Final Fantasy 13 coming to Xbox.
>>
>>28501712
Holy shit, got a link to the original?
>>
So. Yeah. Eveeryone in japan is going to cancel their S/M reserves cause América is producing Generations, a 1.30h marginal anime.

Sure. Seems logical
>>
Doesn't look like that. US animates shit anymore.

Dub =/= western studio
>>
>>28501736
Just google final fantasy 13 neogaf post. First result
>>
>>28501225
good less faggots in my game
>>
>>28501225

Contracted for the West =/= American animation studio.

Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon was still Japanese made but released for the West first. Same with Pokemon Puzzle League.
>>
>>28501225
It is the exact same team that did Origins

You can tell just by watching how the battles are animated. Holy shit.
>>
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
>>
>>28502034
Oh fuck, can you spare us and stop posting, fucking n00b?

>"the exact same team"
I'm laughing. I'm laughing at you, for not knowing shit. Origins was by three SEPARATE studios who did specific episodes each.

Let me guess, Diamond and Pearl were your first game. Just shut up. Lurk more, and start posting when you're older.
>>
>>28501225
Copypasta aside, I'm curious if all this Western pandering will pay off saleswise. GO boosted game sales quite a bit, but I feel like the boost is just a temporary thing, and Detectichu/Generations will only provide a bit of a boost each as well.
>>
>>28502231
Don't underestimate the franchise's ability to milk money, GO already made its money back and also served as huge advertising campaign in the west for the 20th anniversary.

They could have stopped at Origins but instead they're ramping up production of shorts since actual episodes would take too long before S&M releases. Hollychu is a new potential source of revenue they haven't explored, in the worst case scenario they just sell the movie to Cartoon Network like they do with every year's film.
>>
>>28502204
This is the most triggered post I've seen this week. And it's only been two days.
>>
Plasma girl a best
>>
>>28502475
Yeah, seriously. It wasn't even enough for him to point out the factual inaccuracies. He also had to project his hatred of Gen 4 onto the guy with the "Let me guess, Diamond and Pearl were your first game."
>>
>>28501225
>American animation studio
Back up,what?
>>
>>28502113

If they only knew how much of a shit game FFXIII would be...
>>
>>28501225
>i know more about marketing and japanese culture than nintendo guys
>>
>>28503791
This desu, who's animating this again?
>>
>>28504409
OLM
>>
File: you have to go back.jpg (170KB, 680x697px) Image search: [Google]
you have to go back.jpg
170KB, 680x697px
>>28501225
>>
>>28501225
This pasta makes me feel old.
>>
>>28504460
>the studio that did pretty much every Pokemon movie
I'm fine with this.
>>
>>28501225
>Detective Pikachu hollywood movie
It's being made by Toho, Legendary will just act as the international distributor. It might not even get that big of a release in the states, like the new Godzilla.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.