[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Updating not working on some phones edition >Official FA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 55

File: pokemon-battel-ios[1].jpg (310KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-battel-ios[1].jpg
310KB, 1200x900px
Updating not working on some phones edition

>Official FAQ:
https://support.pokemon.niantic.com/hc/en-us (broken just google for useless faq)

>Database: http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/

>Sever down?
http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go

>Is it worth evolving X?
http://pogotoolkit.com/

>Some questions answered:
http://pastebin.com/spEFYmPw (embed) (embed)

>Pokemon strengths and earning XP:
https://thesilphroad.com/research

>Pokemon moves DPS:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Ehw3J3-Dkc2yc2zeBE5XQRO_dCBYzpFyTvsvOye2Yg/

>Website scanner maps (no login required just don't use ur exact address)
https://skiplagged.com/catch-that/ (kaput)
https://pokeeye.com (may work)
http://pokesear.ch (anon made and maintained) best one by far
http://fastpokemap.se (actually working)

>First world iOS/android scanner:
PokeRadar (broken and filled with false user b8)

>IV checker:
https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator?locale=en (bullshit for valor) use this:
http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemongo-iv-calculator

>best mon per type
http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/highest-pokemon-dps-per-type

>best movesets
http://www.pogomoves.com/index.php

>how to beat X with Y and more
https://pokeassistant.com/main/index?locale=en

>link to next thread if dead
>>>/vp/pgg

previous thread: >>28487610
>>
File: getem.jpg (1MB, 853x2757px) Image search: [Google]
getem.jpg
1MB, 853x2757px
Pic related for KM/Candy
Also seems I can't log in on my unrooted Nexus 5, 6.0.1

Which is a shame.
>>
I went biking for an hour and a half and ONLY got 3km registered. Then my 10km egg hatches and it's my 3rd Magmar in a row with a shitty moveset.

I'm fucking furious. Fuck Niantic.
>>
>>28501114
dont go over the 10km/h or 6.5 mph speedlimit
>>
>evolve my second Muk
>still no poison move
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
so I got the update how does this shits work now
you just get a candy from the buddy and nothing else if you walk it far enough?
>>
>>28501207
Yes, it would seem so.
>>
>>28501207
there are some reports that you'll get two candies by chance, but basically what you said.
>>
>>28501114
>game has been out for over 2 months
>people still haven't learned about the shitty speed limit caps in this game
>act all insulted when they don't get the full distance for biking down hill like a fat fuck for 20 minutes
>>
>>28501205
Two Muks spawned on the top of my house last couple of days, both with poison jab and gunk shot. I'm so sorry.
>>
File: 1472203025603.png (631KB, 681x681px) Image search: [Google]
1472203025603.png
631KB, 681x681px
>>28501608
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28501574
The speed caps are way too careful, I know they want to prevent cheating but even walking, it doesn't update accurately, it's like delayed and shit. And biking should be a legitimate method to hatch anyway.
>>
>>28501618
>And biking should be a legitimate method to hatch anyway.

Yes, because that's exactly what the world needs, more fucking lemmings on bikes trying to catch a pidgey while biking around the city.

Cyclists are cancer.
>>
>>28501574
It's not just the speed limits, it's also that if you are not walking perfectly straight until it decides to check how much you have walked it will just count nothing.
And also that way too common bug where it stops updating the location until you login again.
>>
>>28501707
Oddly enough mine has been working way better today than it was yesterday, felt like it took no time to hatch my 5km eggs today compared to the usual shit I go through.

I started today with 0km on my 10km egg too, after just walking the usual route and farming some magikarps it was a 6.8km too.
>>
>>28501697
Says the fatass who does 0 physical activity.

End yourself
>>
>>28501757
>biking counts a physical activity

Says the faggot who has to ride around on his bike and hold traffic up like a lycra coated penis.

Fucking walk you sad fuck, bikes are for kids.
>>
>>28501746
>>28501707
>>28501618
apparently the latest update has improved the distance tracking substantially.
>>
>>28501797
Awww sounds like the poor baby had a bad experience with a random cyclist. Get over yourself faggot.
>>
I have unrooted my phone and I can't enter to the game, what I need to do now?
>>
File: Red VS Gold.jpg (158KB, 1280x642px) Image search: [Google]
Red VS Gold.jpg
158KB, 1280x642px
There's something I've been "abusing" on this game and I think it depends on the phone you're using. Not sure how my GPS really works but I think mine uses its pedometer whenever the signal is obstructed (for example, being inside my home).

It works like this: I point my phone towards a direction and start shaking it, up and down quickly (kinda simulating the bounce of walking). I realize that this gets me as far as my gps margin of error, which allows me to walk through all the five pokestops around me as well as get any pokemon from the spawn points nearby. I just spin my chair, skake it and that's it. Being able to catch something on the streets at night without the risks involved is great.

Try this out guys, I gave it a search over this but never found anyone talking about it so I decided to leave it here.
>>
File: 1361910564605.png (7KB, 191x176px) Image search: [Google]
1361910564605.png
7KB, 191x176px
>>28502049
>wank your phone while spinning on the chair
>>
It'd be cool if your buddy posed with you while you hold a gym, could make for some cool shit, like Pikachu on your shoulder, birds on your arm, or snakelike pokemon coiling around you.
>>
>>28501746
>>28501800
Most certainly, I realized this after updating today. The number of km walked both on eggs as well as on buddy pokemon have been updating rather quickly. They probably did this because, first it was shitty before and second because of the new buddy system.
>>
>>28502108
I know, I not proud of it. Specially when I'm doing it towards the wall, back to the door and someone comes in...
>>
File: IMG_1010.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1010.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
who /drivefag/ here
>>
>>28502320
I, too, like putting myself and others at risk
>>
File: 1461949253372.jpg (95KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1461949253372.jpg
95KB, 653x490px
Is there a single 4 or 5 bar attack that is not shit?
>>
File: dumbass.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>28500599
Newfag. It's not that difficult to make a general. There's no reason it should take me a minute to find this thread.
>>
Okay so I'm the anon who was interested in trying to prove that if you evolve a pokemon to its fully evolved form for a new dex entry, the RNG might be skewed in favor of worse or worst movesets. After crunching some numbers I'm going to post my findings now. Keep in mind that single stage pokemon are discounted, as well as any pokemon with less than 5 moves in their total movepool (Weezing and the Eeveelutions, for example), and any fully evolved pokemon that was registered in my pokedex from a wild catch rather than an evolution. Continued in next post.
>>
How the fuck do I play the updated version on bluestacks? It won't let me play because it says the device is unsupported.
>>
>>28502448
What are you blabbering about? The OP is easy to find and it was linked in the previous thread.
>>
>>28502488
Unroot your phone.
>>
>>28502480

And I forgot to mention that this is all in terms of overall DPS. I am not taking gym defender DPS rankings into account, because I don't have any confidence in Niantic being competent enough to care about those statistics. Also without knowing what kind of RNG they use to determine their movesets, things get a little trickier. Anyway,

>Venusaur
Discounted, caught wild before evolution
>Blastoise
>Charizard, Wing Attack/Dragon Claw
Second worst behind Ember/Dragon Claw, second evolution had Wing Attack/Flamethrower
>Butterfree, Confusion, Psychic
Second worst possible
>Beedrill
>Pidgeot, Steel Wing/Hurricane
Second best possible
>Raticate
>Fearow
Discounted, can’t remember
>Arbok
>Raichu, Thunder Shock/Brick Break
Worst possible
>Sandslash, Mud Shot/Bulldoze
Second worst possible, second evolution had Mud Shot, Earthquake
>Nidoqueen, Poison Jab/Earthquake
Best Possible
>Nidoking, Fury Cutter/Sludge Wave
Second worst possible, second evolution has Poison Jab/Earthquake
>Clefable, Pound/Psychic
Second best possible
>Ninetales, Ember/Flamethrower
Second worst possible
>Wigglytuff
>Golbat
Discounted, can’t remember
>Vileplume, Razor Leaf/Petal Blizzard
Second best possible
>Parasect
>Venomoth, Confusion/Bug Buzz
Second best possible
>Dugtrio, Mud Slap/Stone Edge
Second best possible
>Persian, Scratch/Power Gem
Second best possible
>Golduck, Water Gun/Ice Beam
Mid tier, third worst, still do not have Water Gun/and either Psychic or Hydro Pump after 7 evolutions
>Primeape, Karate Chop/Low Sweep
Second worst possible
>Arcanine, Bite/Flamethrower
Mid tier, unsure if better or worse than Fire Fang/Bulldoze
>Poliwrath
>>
>find a chansey in the wild
>shit IV's
>43cp
>perfect attacker moveset
w-what do?
>>
Finally caught a Hitmonlee today, which had eluded me so far. Up to 131 caught...
>>
>>28502545

>Alakazam
Unregistered
>Machamp
>Victreebel, Acid/Leaf Blade
Worst possible
>Tentacruel, Poison Jab/Blizzard
Second best possible, still don’t have P Jab/H Pump after 6 evolutions
>Golem, Roch Throw/Ancient Power
Worst possible
>Rapidash, Ember/Heat Wave
Second best possible
>Slowbro, Water Gun/Ice Beam
Second best possible
>Magneton, Spark/Flash Cannon
Best possible
>Dodrio
Discounted, caught wild
>Dewgong, Ice Shard/Blizzard
Second best possible
>Muk, Lick/Sludge Wave
Second worst possible
>Cloyster, Ice Shard/Icy Wind
Worst possible
>Gengar, Sucker Punch/Dark Pulse
Worst possible, second one got Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
>Hypno, Confusion/Shadow Ball
Worst possible
>Kingler, Mud Shot/Water Pulse
Second worst possible
>Electrode, Spark/Hyper Beam
Second best possible
>Exeggutor, Confusion/Solarbeam
Second best possible
>Marowak, Rock Smash/Bone Club
Worst possible, second one also got Rock Smash/Bone Club
>Weezing
Discounted, only 4 possible moves (Tackle/Dark Pulse, worst possible)
>Rhydon
Unregistered
>Seadra, Water Gun/Blizzard
Second best possible
>Seaking
Discounted, don’t remember
>Starmie
Discounted, don’t remember (needed to evolve 5 to obtain a Water Gun/Hydro Pump)
>Gyarados, Dragon Breath/Dragon Pulse
Second worst possible at the time
>Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon
Discounted, only 4 possible moves
>Omastar
Unregistered
>Kabutops
Unregistered
>Dragonite, Steel Wing/Dragon Pulse
Worst possible
>>
>>28502407
yes, youre gonna crash into a tree at 10kmph and die 100%
>>
File: Mel B.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mel B.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>28502480
>>28502545

>pokemon that don't meet my specific confirmation bias are discounted

I hope your parents beat you to death with hammers, you fucking moron.

This is autism beyond anything I've seen in these threads, congrats.
>>
>>28502566

>35 total pokemon in sample size
>8/35 have worst possible moveset (22.85% of all new dex entry evolutions)
>2/35 have best possible moveset (5.71%)
>9/35 have second worst possible (25.71%)
>13/35 have second best possible (37.14%)
>3/35 have middling movesets (8.57%)

If we discount middling/average movesets and separate them into tiers of good (best or second best) and bad (worst or second worst), 42.85 of my evolutions were “good” and 48.85 were “bad."

Out of 35 total evolutions I was roughly 4x more likely to get a pokemon with the worst possible moveset than a pokemon with the best possible moveset.

The second least common moveset tier behind best possible was middling or average, which is interesting but not anomalous considering there are only 6 possible moveset combinations with every pokemon.

The sample size of a single account is completely inadequate but still highly curious that only 2 new dex entries resulted in best possible moveset out of 35.

I know there are people who will say “Well how can you prove what you’re saying is true?” I take screenshots of pretty much every new fully evolved dex entry. If we take Raichu as an example I can post a screenshot of its moveset and then my pokedex which will display it as 1 seen, 1 caught. This will be tedious over time but I can do it I suppose.

If anyone with a 130+ registered pokedex would like to contribute by posting their data we may be able to go about proving that a skew exists.

Conclusion: Inconclusive. Sample size too small.
>>
>>28502049
This has to be bait.
>>
>>28502545
>>28502566

What is the point of this? This seems like way too small a sample size to be of any relevance.
>>
>>28502480
>>28502545
>>28502566
>>28502595

Take your autism pills. RNG is exactly that.
>>
>>28502575

Takes like 15 minutes to gather all that if you have your original evolutions still in your party or if you can remember offhand.

Take a look at a statistics thread on a poker forum every once in awhile. This is elementary school in comparison. Plus it was autism like this that

>Blew the lid off the Ultimate Bet/Absolute Poker cheating scandals
>Proved that the cards don't fall randomly on Zynga Poker
>>
What the fuck happened in that update? People with unrooted phones cannot enter the game because of reason, and knowing how useless niantic is they won't fix their fucking wrong work in weeks, and with their shitty comunication to the community and their mental retardation they probably will blame the hackers that cause stress to the server.
>>
>>28502545
>>28502566
>>28502595
Go start a blog. No one gives a shit.
>>
>>28502601
It's not man, I swear. Give it a try, it doesn't take long to realize if it's working. My phone is Sony Xperia Z3.
>>
Anyone else not able to login after the update?
>>
>>28502641

Okay, but those poker stats analyses didn't depend on (a) memory of what your hands over the past two months have been, and (b) subjective determinations of which cards are best and worst.

For this to be meaningful, it would need to be a much larger sample, not done from memory, and using objective criteria (what moves, not "good" or "bad" moveset, as Niantic may have a different view of what sets are good). Ideally, it would be repeated on one specific species, hundreds of times, to see what the distribution of moves is.
>>
File: 1472759742493.png (152KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
1472759742493.png
152KB, 600x503px
>I will never have a Dragon Breath/Hydro Pump Gyarados
>>
>>28502710
Also, I believe it mostly happens with not so great gps's. A friend of mine has a iPhone with a rather precise gps and it won't work with this while mine does and it's not so precise (it always shows like I live at my blocks end but I'm actually at the complete opposite)
>>
>>28502631

What the fuck do you mean by RNG? A psuedo RNG that isn't truly random? An actual closest to humanly possible RNG that takes thermonuclear fluctuations into account to determine moveset? What are they using?

>>28502616

And I've acknowledged the small sample size in almost every post. These things get blown open when multiple people post data that gets pooled together until the sample size is sufficient.
>>
>>28502595
I can at the very least agree with the conclusion.

However I really appreciate what you're doing here, don't let the comments discourage you.
What you need to do now is gather a lot more data and I can only see two ways to go about it, one being reaching out to other players and the other being setting up bots with the correct settings. Either way, it will take time.

>>28502665
Preventing rooted phones was intentional, they won't go back on that because they are literally incapable of detecting spoofers, nevermind the fact those have circumvented the block in less than a day.

>>28502755
I had some problems with the apk version, but they're gone now once I got it from the store. Might be a coincidence though.
>>
>>28502770

There are objectively good or bad moves when the criteria I'm using is based on math and overall DPS. Just the same as an Ace (Gunk Shot) is objectively more valuable than Dark Pulse (2). Discounting any other irrelevant bullshit like coverage and AI gym defense, and just using pure "What moves do mathematically higher DPS?", there is an objective criteria. I've simplified my study for that exact reason.

It's not weird to you that 2/35 new dex entries evolved had best possible moveset but over 4x that amount had worst possible?

If it was truly random there would be a bunch of people who would post similar stats that they were 4x more likely to get the best moveset as the worst. Let's see someone make that claim.
>>
>>28502872
Im not complaining about people with rooted phones. Im complaining because there are people like me, that without having a rooted phone can't enter the game.
>>
>>28502755
I get the compatibility error without having root, and I know other people get that too. You are not alone
>>
>rooted phones blocked from PoGo forever

lol

so they don't get that people just want to use their phone without adware/shovelware
>>
>>28503160
sucks for them
>>
>>28502573
A little kid could pop out of nowhere chasing after a ball.

Bumping them won't probably kill them, but you'd still get in trouble.

Put down your phone while driving.
>>
>>28502983
>It's not weird to you that 2/35 new dex entries evolved had best possible moveset but over 4x that amount had worst possible?

Not at all, at that sample size such wild deviations are entirely possible.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you'd have to bring something in the line of at the very least 50 best to 200 worst movesets to claim such a bold statement.

I'm doing a different research on this game and, while my initial sample size of 100 is showing promising results, am not ready to go out with them, I'm aiming for a sample size of 1000.

The reason people didn't report the contrary is because no one had bothered to try it before and that is why it's important you properly see it trough.
>>
File: 10_219840983.jpg (46KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
10_219840983.jpg
46KB, 409x409px
What's the verdict on this buddy shit? Is it cool or nah?
>>
>>28503160
Not all rooted users cheat, but all cheaters are rooted user. Niantic/Google had to bite the bullet. Either continue to let a large group of people ruin the game for others by spoofing and botting, or block the incredibly small subset of players who play the game legitimately on their rooted phone.
>>
>>28502575

If you actually read his post you would see that one of the pokemon that was discounted (Weezing) had the worst possible moves. So it's not like he's manipulating data to come to a predetermined conclusion; if anything, counting Weezing would help his argument.
>>
>>28503237

Seems kind of pointless so far.
>>
>>28503160
just pay the 1 dollar on the apps that want it
>>
>>28503237
My opinion is it's okay. I'm not impressed by it, but it's better than nothing and it actually works as intended.

>>28503271
It doesn't affect bots in any way and rooting is nowadays pretty common.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 200x200px
>mfw sniped a gym from some twerp
>>
>>28503207
10kmph is not enough to kill someone
>>
>>28501617
Don't feel too bad, his place probably smells like fetid cheese to attract TWO Muks.
>>
>>28503329
>rooting is nowadays pretty common
Not really. You're biased due to being in a tech-savvy and intelligent circle of people. Remember, this game is marketed almost exclusively to the most basic of normies. Normies don't root.
>>
>>28502320
Too much gas, I'm not rich. Biking slowly is easier and cheaper.
>>
inb4 the Buddy System update breaks the game in some new and horrible way
also
>new tracker literally never
>>
>>28503503
If you can't afford gas in today's oil prices you are either poor or European
>>
>>28503431
>my speed doesn't matter
>I can pay attention to my phone and the road

You should probably just kill yourself.
>>
>>28503559
Neither, I'm just a cheapskate and like saving as much as possible.

Biking is also better exercise than sitting in a car.
>>
>>28503237
It's basically a way to finish those evolutions you need instead of relying on random chance, good idea desu, not exactly useful unless you need a specific candy
>>
>>28503431
Like I said, it's still enough to get you in trouble if you hit someone and there's witnesses.
>>
>>28503431

A 1500kg piece of metal, moving at 10km/h, absolutely could. You really shouldn't be doing that.
>>
Does anyone find the game laggy now? It's lagging on my s7 edge if you go to the Pokemon screen and get it appraised. Try it out tell me if it's just me.
>>
>>28503207
Kid deserves it if they've got fuck all road sense.

I don't know why the burden is always on drivers to be aware of every little fucking thing going on instead of people being taught "don't act like a fucking retard near half tonne lumps of metal that travel at speed".

I watched two little girls running across the road like fucking headless chickens today while playing PoGo, I bet anyone who hit them would feel fucking awful but those kids were unsafe as fuck and their parents should be beaten with hammers for being so shit.
>>
>>28503710
>I don't know why the burden is always on drivers to be aware of every little fucking thing going on

Because drivers are the ones controlling the dangerous machine. Honestly, you really sound like you shouldn't have a drivers license, you seem incredibly reckless.
>>
>>28503593
>put phone in lap, audio cranked to max + vibration if it isn't glitched
>listen for audio cues while keeping an eye on the road
>pull over and park if something happens in-game
>play until I'm ready to start moving again
>put phone back in lap, look up and make sure it's safe before moving again

Sounds pretty safe to me fa m.
>>
>finally get exeggutor
>confusion

Well split my cock down the middle. Is he still any good for gym defense?
>>
>>28503555
>new tracker

Despite literally having Google's resources at their disposal, Niantic can't seem to figure out how to implement a new tracker without the app constantly pinging the servers every single second it's running, so the "Sightings" tab is almost 100% all we're ever going to get. Of course, this permanently ruins the one thing people actually liked at launch: hunting down Pokemon.

Once the 3-footprints "glitch" happened, and then they just removed the tracker entirely as a "fix," this game was effectively dead in my area. I watched people on campus slowly stop playing it over the course of a week as everyone realized the 3-footprints wasn't going away. The patch that turned the tracker into a "yeah there might be a pokemon near you or something, probably not" list was the beginning of the end.
>>
>>28503696
Nevermind its not doing it anymore fuck me
>>
>>28503696
enjoy the burns
>>
>>28503696
It's not as smooth here as well

>>28503710
>>28503710

>I don't know why the burden is always on drivers to be aware of every little fucking thing going on

Because you're the one operating a potentially dangerous machine.
>>
Is it seriously only one fucking candy per buddy session? If that's the case, there's literally no reason for me to put my Dragonair as my buddy, because 5 kilometers is too damn much for 1 candy when I need 70 of the fuckers. I have a hard enough time hatching eggs since I need to keep the damn phone open and the app running to hatch eggs when I work during the day and am too tired from work to go hatching eggs after work.

The life of a normie is suffering.
>>
So for everyone that has a laggy game, have you tried to uninstall then reinstall the game? that's what i did when it was laggin for me
>>
File: Capture+_2016-09-13-20-38-40.png (222KB, 480x782px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-09-13-20-38-40.png
222KB, 480x782px
94% Chansey I hatched a couple weeks back. Gave it some candies here and there since then. Can someone rate it and tell me if I should keep leveling it up? Lvl 13 here.
>>
>>28503780
confusion is a great move
>>
>>28503762
I don't drive, but I also don't expect everyone to walk on eggshells around me like a spoiled brat.

It's like people complaining when their cat gets run over when they live 100 yards from a busy road, what the fuck do the expect to happen to a creature with 0 road sense?

If you don't teach your child to be responsible around the road by the time they are able to walk without falling over you've failed as a parent.

>>28503811
>I can act like a total moron around a dangerous machine because I'm not the one operating it

Great logic, I hope your kids don't follow that logic if you have any.

Cars kill more people every year than guns in the US, yet parents cry and panic about gun ownership,
>>
>>28503855

I hear you get candies as you walk also. I hope it's true, because my 90%-IV, low-CP Snorlax really needs candies.
>>
>>28503905

Devil's advocate, cars are a necessary tool for every day use. Guns aren't unless you're in the military or police.
>>
>>28503975
>Devil's advocate, cars are a necessary tool for every day use

But they're not, we have these things call public transport and bikes.

BAN ASSAULT CARS, NO ONE NEEDS AN SUV! ONLY THE POLICE SHOULD HAVE CARS!
>>
>>28503975
And cars' dangers are incidental to their primary purpose, transportation. A gun's entire purpose is to be dangerous. There is a difference between the two.
>>
>don't want people to bot or spoof in your walking app
>release update that requires players to travel 3+ miles for a single candy for any Pokemon that's worth half a damn
>the best Pokemon for gyms typically require over 100 candies to evolve
Is Niantic the dumbest fucking developer on the planet? This is Konami levels of retarded.
>>
>>28503855
What are you complaining about? This buddy thing basically nets you candies you'd never have gotten otherwise.
>>
>>28504063
The mechanic doesn't seem to be useful for evolving unless you're within a few candies. I think the featuring is more for powering up, especially when you're shy a few candies.

Besides, the whole point of the game is walking around. This feature seems to fit this design philosophy.
>>
>>28503905
Don't put words in my mouth you passive aggressive retard. Of course one should be aware of their actions while engaging in traffic, regardless of their role, but the potentially more dangerous one should hold a proportionally larger responsibility.
>>
>app absolutely required to be open to track anything
>2016
>>
>>28504033
ban assault muslims
>>
>>28504033
Not everyone lives in an urban or even suburban area.
>>
>>28504063
they want people to walk. plus it's not the only way to get candies. you can catch the pokemon or hatch them. stop acting like it's made the game worse
>>
>>28504033

Public transport is not viable in areas that aren't as urbanized, and for some jobs, even in urban areas, public transport takes too long to get to work to be viable.

And bikes are only useful if your job is within a few blocks of your house.

Neither of those options are good for me, because as an electrician who goes from job to job on a daily basis, I can't guarantee A. the buses will be running when I need to get to work, B. there even WILL be a bus stop nearby, and C. it will be close enough that biking will be viable (plus tools don't fit on a bike well)

>>28504046

Exactly. /k/fags seem to completely gloss over this point entirely.
>>
>>28503886
It's Chansey. The things trash. It doesn't matter how much you power it up it will still be trash. And this applies to everything you hatch or catch until you're level 20.
>>
>>28504107
>Besides, the whole point of the game is walking around. This feature seems to fit this design philosophy.

I agree, but it does seem to be somewhat disproportionate rewards for the effort. They could have made it, say, 10 candies instead of 1, and it would have felt a lot more worthwhile and fair, without being so much as to break the game.
>>
>>28504135
>releasing an app with no notifications
>2010+6
>>
>>28504033
>If people get hurt while I act recklessly, it's their fault for being in my way
Holy shit you sound like the most spoiled little fucking brat. Did it ever occur to you that the whole world doesn't operate based on your selfish ideals?
>>
File: IMG_3874.png (250KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3874.png
250KB, 640x1136px
>>28502780
>I evolved my first Gyarados right before they changed its move pool and got Dragon Breath/Hydro Pump

It's funny. The move RNG has only fucked me on things I run into a lot. Dragonite, Gyarados, and anythingelss that took over a month of concerted effort to evolve all came out with decent to great movepools.
>>
>>28504183
You don't need to own a car, you own a car because it's convenient for your lifestyle and work.

I'm surprised you're an electrician, because you sound like a walking pussy.

>waaah gun r ebil!
>I need a car because I'm bad at managing my time and too fat for a bike!
>>
Wait how the fuck are people with unrooted phones not able to play?
>>
>>28504137

Ban assault theists*
>>
>>28504203
This. There are only five or six Pokemon in the game worth evolving/leveling. All other Pokemon are garbage. Even if it's your favorite, just delete it.
>>
>>28504259
You can't follow a conversation, what a shocker for a board infested with reddit migrants.

KYS, you sad bubble wrapped little beta.
>>
>>28504273
t. never had any real responsibilities or dependants
>>
>>28504207
I agree. But I think, like eggs, it should scale to your Pokemon. Lapras should give a number of candy proportional to how many you get from an egg on average.

Also there's no fucking reason for starters to require 3K when they hatch out of 2K eggs.
>>
Revives dont drop like they used to. I basically get 1 for every 20 pokestop I visit and that's if I'm lucky. There has to be some sort of glitch. I can't be the only one.
>>
>>28504309
>I put lightbulbs in for old cripple ladies and charge $30 an hour
>I r responsible!
>>
File: 1472777539939.png (254KB, 484x471px) Image search: [Google]
1472777539939.png
254KB, 484x471px
Should I keep my 1000 CP Omastar with Rock Throw just because the move is discontinued?
>>
>>28504303
Especially when you're still woefully under leveled
>>
>>28504333
Drop rate was lowered to force players to get good when challenging gyms, instead of just throwing Pokemon at them until they win.
>>
>>28504343
Bait, etc
>>
>>28504345
Sure, what have you got to lose by keeping it? Who knows, when trading is implemented (lel) you might be able to trade it to some autismo for something good.
>>
File: 03a.png (61KB, 1301x1301px) Image search: [Google]
03a.png
61KB, 1301x1301px
>>28504343
>>
>paying real money
>for a Pokemon Go bot

holy shit, are human beings seriously this dumb?
>>
>>28504273

Did I say I necessarily believed that? No. Did you not see me say "Devil's Advovate"?

I don't think guns are as necessary as everyone makes them out to be (they're basically useless unless you live somewhere where you're likely to get broken in to), plus I think we've proven that there are too many idiots around that giving people unrestricted access to weapons is a bad idea.

Hell I wouldn't trust most of 4chan with an actual weapon, they'd either shoot some random dude, or themselves.
>>
>>28504390
Yes, that's what I was thinking. Maybe I can trade that rare Omastar for a Pokemon that's not available here later on, perhaps even a regional.
>>
>>28504305
Dropping buzzwords may work as an argument on the /v/ hivemind, but not here.
>>
>>28503710
>a child should bare responsibility of an adult driving recklessly

Wew.
>>
>>28504343

Thats residential electricity, I'm commercial.
>>
>>28504333

I haven't noticed a difference. I'm constantly having to dump revives to make room for Pokeballs anyway.
>>
>>28504370
This is a stupid reason. The only thing that makes this a "game" is battling gyms and when you're forced to stop battling because you're out of revives it just turns into a boring piece of shit.

What the fuck?
>>
File: 07295632.jpg (43KB, 677x409px) Image search: [Google]
07295632.jpg
43KB, 677x409px
>it's a "pokemon escapes and flees after the first ball you throw at it" episode
>>
>>28504437
>kid runs out into road after his ball
>is not responsible for his actions at all

I hope you never breed.
>>
>>28504406
free bots are where it's at
good luck finding one though ;)
easier to program your own
>>
>>28503905
>i dont drive

There's probably a reason for that. My money's on underaged.
>>
>>28504478

What makes you think >>28504370 has any idea what he's talking about?
>>
Are there still APKs with that backdoor shit or whatever it was in then floating around? I wanna update my game but don't wanna get fucked in the ass.
>>
>>28504496
>implying bots still work after Buddy System update

You guys are funny.
>>
>>28504522
I'll take that bet. The "you don't need to own a car" was a dead giveaway
>>
>>28504273
>too fat for a bike!
Travel to Denmark some time.
Everyone travels on a bike. Everywhere. All the time.
>>
Jesus, started going home, got a snorlax. Arrived home, snorlax on nearby. What a great day to be alive.
>>
>>28504522
I never needed to learn as everything is within walking distance or I can catch the bus to get further.

I don't trust a single fucker driving on the road, I always assume their a moron who passed a test 20 years ago and have never had to prove they can still drive to a safe standard since then.

It's the old fucks you need to watch for, they're slow to react and probably shouldn't be driving at all at their age with a combination of bad eyesight/poor reactions and frail bodies.

>>28504612
You've lost then, I'm 20
>>
Move sets are being change on Pokemon?
>>
>>28504647
>I'm 20
With half the mental capacity of everyone else your age.
>>
Haha, w-who else is hyped for trading? Gonna be this year, right? Guys?

This game isn't going to completely stop updating by Thanksgiving, is it?

G-guys...?
>>
>>28504522
Not him but if you live in an area with good public transportation and/or everything is within walking or biking distance, learning to drive isn't necessary. I'm 21 and don't know how to drive, my friend is turning 25 soon and doesn't have his learner's yet, and my aunt who is nearly 60 only recently got her license and she didn't even have to.
>>
>>28504612
On top of that a hefty dose on "kill yourself" and "never breed"

I'm suspecting a /pol/ reject, seen them spill into other boards as well.
>>
>>28504522
>>28504612
Your 2's are logical, but I know 3 or 4 people my age (around 23 give or take) who don't drive and my girlfriend's best friend and her brother don't either.

And then there's pretty much half the people who work in the same building as me, who are either too disabled to drive or too poor to afford a car between having 5 kids and working a shit job
>>
>>28504708
trading right after gen II and trainer battles ;^)
>>
So at what level do I start upgrading Pokemon's cp? As in, at what level will I start finding high CP Pokemon?
>>
>>28504412
>they're basically useless unless you live somewhere where you're likely to get broken in to
Even then they're pretty useless because a robber isn't going to announce their entrance and you're not likely to have it readily available and loaded if you live with kids.
>>
please meme magic, let me hatch a snorlax this time ;_;
>>
>>28504752
H-haha, that's good, anon. Was getting kinda worried, haha...
>>
>>28504770
Incoming Eevee.

Just kidding buddy, best of luck to you, may the Pokegods bless you with Lapras or Snorlax.
>>
>>28502049
anyone with the faintest idea of how GPS works could see right through this
I tried it, fuck you
>>
>implying GO won't get a massive series of feature updates early next year after SM sales die down
>>
>>28503237
Its pretty nice albeit small. At least now there's SOME way to get candies for pokemon besides catching and hatching. Because I've had the game since launch and I JUST found a Machop today and I know I'm not finding another one anytime soon.
>>
File: incoming.png (234KB, 1024x1138px) Image search: [Google]
incoming.png
234KB, 1024x1138px
>>28504770
>>
>>28504833
According to Ingress players that is exactly what's gonna happen, but every single update will further fuck up the game.
>>
>>28504833

If they're smart, they'll do this shortly *before* SM comes out, and put a small number of already-revealed SM Pokemon into the game. Get people back into it, and get them intrigued by the new Pokemon so they go out and buy SM. Then a couple of months after SM comes out, put the rest of Gen VII into Go.
>>
File: Pokemon Go shit.png (662KB, 979x734px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Go shit.png
662KB, 979x734px
>>28502320
Check, but I prefer bicycle by far.
>>
>>28503237
It's a nice supplemental feature to let you finish off getting candies for evolutions you're close to or getting candies to power up some harder to find pokemon.

People crying about having to walk 300km to evolve their dratini are morons, yesterday they didn't even have the option to walk around to get candies and had to rely on 10km eggs or lucksack spawns.

Only annoying thing is them bumping the starters up an egg group for no reason.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 700x700px
Eevee wants more candies.
>>
>>28504945
till you realize bike is too fast to get egg credit half the time
>>
>>28504897
I don't know how GO could be a more unplayable mess than Ingress, but I can't wait to see it. It's already a total fuckup of an app.
>>
Bros who've tried this, will I see any sort of repercussions from closing and restarting my app to skip the evolution animation?
I just wanna make the most of my lucky egg, but 8 seconds is fucking op for an unskippable animation
>>
File: 1466225025093.png (814KB, 1259x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1466225025093.png
814KB, 1259x1198px
>>28504971
Why is Eevee so qt?
>>
>>28504823
Dude it works for me, it must work for someone else. I don't know if it's gps related that was a wild guess. If anyone can't confirm this I can try making a webm of it.
>>
>>28504992
It only works if your phone can relaunch and load fast enough. There's no repercussions as long as you do it right but don't pop the egg yet before confirming you can do it in 5-7 seconds.
>>
>>28504979
Still better than the car or walking. If you really want to focus on hatching eggs you can just cruise slowly on a bike and make sure you don't go above 10km/h.
>>
File: 1456869307441.png (27KB, 737x404px) Image search: [Google]
1456869307441.png
27KB, 737x404px
>>28504945
>playing on phone and tablet while hot gluing serena while driving
shiggary diggary dock
>>
>>28504992

The only reason this would draw negative attention is if you did it 3-4 times in a row. I'm pretty sure they have detection systems that alert to large amounts of xp gain in short periods of time.
>>
>>28504992
There have been none so far and, while I can't guarantee it, I believe there won't be any. It is not against the TOS at the very least.
>>
>>28505092
>The only reason this would draw negative attention is if you did it 3-4 times in a row. I'm pretty sure they have detection systems that alert to large amounts of xp gain in short periods of time.

Why would any of that matter? The game gives you the exp the second you evolve the pokemon anyway.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160913-223346.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160913-223346.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Time to fund my dream of a Nidoqueen.

Victreebel soon after that.
>>
>>28505233
How close are you anon? I hope you don't get cucked on moveset.
>>
>>28505233
>Victreebel soon after that.
Thats what Im working on right now.
I have a probably 99/100% Perfect weepinbell (hatched from a Bellsprout, theyre common as fuck in my area and while I have a chunk of Bulbasaur, theyre not exactly a plausible dream to evolve)
>>
>>28504207

So walking 10km for a Scyther is cool but walking 10km for 10 Geodude candies is bullshit and not worth the effort?
>>
>>28505298
Just 20 more candies to go. Thankfully Nidoran's spawn constantly in my immediate area, so it shouldn't take any longer than a couple hours of walking to get it done. I'll post the results whether they be good or bad.
>>
>>28505233
>that name

Holy shit, you're cancerous as fuck. Please play Pokemon Go in an unsafe area and get hit by a car.
>>
File: Buddy Pokemon.png (335KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy Pokemon.png
335KB, 640x1136px
Post those buddy Pokemon.
>>
>>28504333

I think they put an algorithm in place either for the lowest item quantity in your inventory or things you don't use. For me it's Ultra Balls. I'll sit on 18 Ultra Balls and not use any so I can be at a comfortable amount, and not get a single one in 30-40 pokestops. Meanwhile the two other people I'm playing with will pick up Ultra Balls a lot more commonly.

Maybe if they're low on Hyper Potions they won't get those, etc. It seems like a matter of "you have to use one to get another one". I mean after 100 pokestops I'll be getting one or two Ultra Balls but it's just too coincidental that they don't drop when you're low on them.

I usually have 40-50 Revives on deck and they drop so often I need to delete them almost as routinely as I delete regular Potions.
>>
>>28505430
>level 29

I've been playing since launch, and I'm only level 15.

Why is suburban life suffering?
>>
>>28505455
Something needs to be done about it, it's too unrewarding to play this game if you don't live in a city.
>>
>>28505512
>>28505455
Go take some trips to the city.
>>
>>28504992

I don't understand people who ask this. The white Niantic loading screen alone takes like 10 seconds minimum. Another 4-6 seconds at the Gyarados log in screen. Another few seconds to get to the appropriate area of your inventory to start evolving again. How can that be an efficient alternative?
>>
>>28505569
not everyone has a shit phone/internet connection
>>
>>28505587

So upload a video or webm of you getting into the overworld quicker than 8 seconds.
>>
>>28505075
>what is cruise control
>>
>>28505630

>No response after 5 minutes

That's what I thought you bald bitch.
>>
>>28505755
Damn go easy on the lad
>>
>>28504945
>level 18
>>
>>28505965
Level 29 now.
>>
Well goodbye guys, the update killed playing on rooted phones. Time to cash my chips in and sell all my accounts.
>>
>whats a website scanner that shows gym teams and prestige
My gf and i made two gyms level 10 and i cant see them from home. I want to lnow where what level they are now. Im about to leave again to takw two more gyms but wont bother if theyre about to be kicked out

Pls help. My desktop scanner doesnr work anymore
>>
>>28506070
See ya
>>
>>28505755
fucking calm your tits, I don't live to satisfy your retarded queries.
http://youtu.be/AewUsGkxjt4?t=4m40s
My GS6 loads in about 8-9 seconds
>>
File: 1470257732563.png (87KB, 945x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470257732563.png
87KB, 945x768px
>>28502780
This. Not even expecting anything good from my next magikarp, they're only stardust fish to me now
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-14-12-27-02.png (636KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-14-12-27-02.png
636KB, 720x1280px
Finally caught myself some senitent sludge. Why are grimer so rare?
>>
>>28506261
They're pretty common where I live
Fukushima
>>
>>28505630
iphone SE loads the game fast as shit
>>
so still no update to the sightings/ nearby pokemon radar?
>>
>>28503237
I think it's pretty fair. I thought it would be good for powering up your best mons instead of being better for completing your dex but I'm actually happy they did it the way they did. As stupid as it sounds I kinda wished it would show a little 3d model of your buddy next to you on the map and it follows you around
>>
File: 1472598410868.jpg (7KB, 146x120px) Image search: [Google]
1472598410868.jpg
7KB, 146x120px
>>28503405
>fag does this
>take it back after they leave
>>
>>28504823
Here it is, I know it's the shittiest shitty shit video ever, damn 3mb limit and my ignorance on how to make webm properly.

As you can see I star from my building than I start shaking at a direction. I'm not walking, I'm sitting at my chair and you'll see the precise moment that I hit the end of my gps margin of error which throws me back to the start, on its center. I can't prove anymore than this. I simply shake it like I'm using a hand fan on someone.

>inb4 I walked through the street than threw my phone at my building with the power of a thousand suns
>>
File: 30.129.png (2KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
30.129.png
2KB, 240x240px
>>28507048
wut
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-13-21-44-53.png (686KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-13-21-44-53.png
686KB, 1440x2560px
Been a while since I played.

Anything good happen?
>>
>>28507205
no, and your gf is ugly
>>
>>28507251
that's his babysitter
>>
>>28507048
Called webmconverter from github and using justbeamit.com

Also where are your pokestops mate?
>>
>>28507251
Your just mad he has one
>>
So the thing about buddies giving you some other rewards than candy was a lie, huh?
Also, why is my city still overrun by cheating faggots, I was hoping the update would cut them down a bit at least.
>>
>>28507531
because the game is just pointless grinding otherwise. at level 32 now, and ill just stop playing if i get banned.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-13-17-42-56.png (369KB, 526x935px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-13-17-42-56.png
369KB, 526x935px
>>28505345
>>28505233
6 candies away, praying it won't be shit
>>
>>28502983

the people who respond to you are more likely going to be the types who are pissed off that they got a shitty pokemon, so there is an inherent bias there. not much you can do about it though.

here's some data for you, I don't know what the best/worst moveset is for everything but these are things that were new dex entries

Wigglytuff
>pound/hyper beam
Slowbro
>confusion/psychic
Omastar
>mud shot/ancient power
Nidoqueen
>bite/stone edge
Golduck
>confusion/hydro pump
Rapidash
>low kick/fire blast
Seadra
>water gun/hydro pump
Magneton
>thunder shock/magnet bomb
>>
>>28507619
Why the fuck are you playing at all then?
>>
>>28507655
to wipe the gyms of anything other than mystic :^)
>>
>>28507349
There are more around me, I just picked the easiest to reach. On total there're 5 reachable pokestops with this "technique". Wished there was a gym nearby to use this on odd hours.
>>
>>28503789

the rollout they did in SF seems to be working pretty well, where it shows the pokestop something is closest to. I don't see why they can't eventually implement that everywhere. Sucks for rural areas but will make it a lot easier in cities.
>>
>>28503855

yeah you should probably just not use it and get 0 candies instead, that is much more productive than only getting a few
>>
>>28507048
how the fuck did you figure that out? i just tried the waving thing and traveled like 50 feet from my room to a nearby pokestop and got a poliwag
>>
>>28504345
Does anyone have a list of the discontinued moves? Also can starmies still have quick attack?
>>
>Finally find a squirtle with decent stats and decent CP
>Amass enough candies to evolve his stupid ass
>Fuck yes here we go! Blastoise get!
>Bite and Flash Cannon.

Fuck this stupid fucking bull shit god damn fucking garbage game
>>
"Above average" Wigglytuff with pound and hyperbeam?
"Wonderous" Wigglytuff who also has pound and hyperbeam but half the CP as the first one?
Or "Your wigglytuff has caught my attention" fient attack and play rough?

WHO DO I RAISE?
>>
File: image.jpg (162KB, 866x838px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162KB, 866x838px
>>28507908
Haha bite and flash cannon
>>
ice beam or blizzard for defensive lapras?
>>
File: >tfw no 100% IV that are good.png (1MB, 1600x2560px) Image search: [Google]
>tfw no 100% IV that are good.png
1MB, 1600x2560px
>>
>>28508043
Yes
>>
>>28508065
Cool cheating account you fucking faggot.
>>
>>28508081
thanks you too
>>
>>28508065
I hope you get banned
>>
>>28506821

I think pretty much everyone wanted that. If they can animate them on the map when they spawn, why can't they do it with your buddy? How could you not want a snorlax or jigglypuff or magikarp flopping around as you walk?
>>
>>28508113
>>28508089
>>
File: krillin .jpg (26KB, 427x375px) Image search: [Google]
krillin .jpg
26KB, 427x375px
>tfw finally get to walk my geodude

Keep rocking s2j. Who's your buddy at the moment?
>>
>>28508122
Simple: The idle animations on the map are the idle animations from the mainline games. All the models are the same as the games.

Since Gamefreak hasn't provided walking animations for all of the models, Niantic doesn't have them.
>>
>>28502595
Anon, can I suggest starting a blog or something for this? Or maybe even just posting it on r/thesilphroad?

Anecdotally I can lend some small evidence to this too. My first ever Vileplume had Acid + Moonblast, first ever Arcanine got Fire Fang + Bulldoze. (Second one had Fire Fang + Flamethrower.) First Raichu got Spark + Brick Break. First Venusaur got Razor Leaf + Petal Blizzard.

tl;dr Niantic has some unbelievably shitty policies weaved into this game. They're literally fucking over your movesets and leaving you without any way to change them in an attempt to try and force you to play more.
>>
>>28507957
Use an actual IV calc for the love of god, then decide on your own. https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/tools/iv-calculator
>>
>>28507870
Funny that you asked. Firstly I got pissed that so many pokestops were nearby but none was reachable from my place so I could at least have my fill of pokeballs. Then I realized that a few places of my apartment made my gps go crazy, throwing me near two of them (things like my refrigerator or the metal from my windows, funny enough I'm Instinct and was using electromagnetic fields to walk around, kek ). But this sweet spot was hard to reach and there are so many variables that could be interfering with this.

Than I shook my phone in a rage fit one day that I was impatient. That' it.
>>
File: 1472741885789.jpg (41KB, 462x462px) Image search: [Google]
1472741885789.jpg
41KB, 462x462px
>0 revives in inventory
>pokestops only give balls
>0 pokeballs in inventory
>pokestops only give healing items
>>
>>28507048
you said you were spinning in your chair. wouldnt your character rotate aswell?
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 665x1309px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 665x1309px
>>28505430
the model clipping is triggering the shit out of my autism but whatever its fucking adorable
>>
>>28508601
It's not just pikachu that does that?
>>
>>28508601
how far do you have to walk for candies?
>>
>>28508656
5km for some reason, I think it's based on what kind of eggs they hatch out of if applicable
>>
>>28508601
What is triggering me even more is that there is no high quality models of the trainer character available. I need some good close ups of my character's face.
>>
>>28508544
I don't continually spin, I just turn to the desired direction and stay like that. I really just talked about the chair to emphasize how I was "walking" while sitting.
>>
>>28507639

I'm appreciative of the data even if it doesn't support my hypothesis. You can tell at a glance you have some average-good luck with movesets, with a few exceptions like Omastar and Magneton. I can be objective, I didn't start the study with a conclusion set in mind. I just got fucked over time and time again with new dex entries that I wanted to look into the actual math behind it. And despite my small sample size there was a greater margin of bad luck than I had even estimated at first.

Just evolved my second Hypno and got Confusion/Shadow Ball, AGAIN. It's like a neverending downswing. These are my last few evolutions. I already listed these in my long ass post but it's good to put it into context of how it just happens repeatedly.

>Muk, Lick/Sludge Wave
>Primeape, Karate Chop/Low Sweep
>Golem, Rock Throw/Ancient Power
>Raichu, Thunder Shock/Brick Break
>Hypno, Confusion/Shadow Ball

And this isn't cherrypicking, I don't evolve anything without a Lucky Egg active unless I'm looking forward to getting a good pokemon of that species. These are all concurrent evolutions.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-12-02-04-33.png (270KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-12-02-04-33.png
270KB, 480x854px
>>28507908

First dex entry on that Bite/Flash Blastoise?

>>28507639

Man I just took a second look at this list. Out of the 8 pokemon listed, 2 of them (Wigglytuff and Seadra) got ideal moveset. That's how many perfect movesets I've gotten after evolving THIRTY FIVE new dex entries. Just to put that in context for you. Imagine going your next 27 new dex entries and not getting a single perfect moveset, then you'd be in my boat.

Double the effort for half the reward. I just learned I'm one of like 5% of all players who has this medal.
>>
>>28508205

This is my theory more or less. It's a bug or intentional skew for all I know that affects only new evolved dex entries. The hypothetical rationale is if you're evolving something for a new dex entry you probably have a tiny chance of ever encountering the pokemon in the wild (think Muk or Golem), hence more grinding for a better moveset. More grinding means more playing means more potential microtransactions.

I would be happy to post a thread on another forum entirely as this general is a random allotment of shitposting, "Lulz I nicknamed my Sandshrew Peepee and appraised it!" posts, and 420 CP pokemon photoshops. Not to mention a blatant antagonism toward research:

>>28502670
>Speaking for everyone ever

I have a pretty demanding work schedule but I will try to get on it. Might have to go behind enemy lines to Reddit where they're more open-minded to this sort of discussion. If and when I make a thread or blog I'll link it in this general.
>>
>>28508893
Nope. I've got another one but it's super low CP and has terrible IVs.
>>
File: Rain.jpg (39KB, 1048x800px) Image search: [Google]
Rain.jpg
39KB, 1048x800px
FUCKING RAAIIINNNN WWHYYYY
>>
File: CYxfML.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
CYxfML.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>>28504267
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28508708
Go into the Customize screen.
>>
Wow fuck this game. My gf and i made 4 level 10 gyms this evening. Saw one was down went over beat it, sniped by mystic botters 4 times in a row. Empty park. No cars. No one else. Sniped as in i waited for my gf to beat a gym and before i could place a mon same 3 bots were in it.

. Made 3 more level 7 gyms in 30minutes each one same 3 botters. Ended up collecting 10 fucking coins after wasting 7 hours tonight.

How do i report?

I have various vpns and will report each account 10 times, will that do the trick?
>>
>>28509680
Thanks, can't believe I couldn't come up with that.
>>
>>28509789
kek
>>
File: drying pan.gif (1000KB, 480x276px) Image search: [Google]
drying pan.gif
1000KB, 480x276px
>>28508153
Growlithe, but want to switch to the dude once I'm done
>>
File: Don't turn around.jpg (219KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Don't turn around.jpg
219KB, 675x1200px
>>28505430
Why is Haunter so huge
>>
>>28510404
It's always been like 5'3'' or something. However, I imagine it being only like 2' at most.
>>
File: Sabrina_and_Haunter.png (98KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Sabrina_and_Haunter.png
98KB, 320x240px
>>28510463
It doesn't seem like it would be that big, especially when it was shown as this size in the anime. I thought it was a glitch and it was just rendering hilariously big until I looked up it was supposed to be 5 feet tall all along
>>
Blech. My phone's on 0.35 and hasn't updated yet, but I really, REALLY don't want to go through the process to get this fucker working with root.

Why the hell are they checking for root anyways? Like half the bots running out there are desktop applications pretending to be the app.
>>
>>28501205
>caught Muk by accident
>already had posion move
>>
>>28510404

He's a big guy
>>
>>28507630
aw damn, I want Victreebel so bad. but I haven't even found that dat Bellsprout yet.

it's closeby at the park where I live but I didn't see it.
>>
File: IMG_20160914_101741.jpg (131KB, 720x1106px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160914_101741.jpg
131KB, 720x1106px
>>28505430
>>
>>28504479
>gps crashes right after the pokemon appears
>app doesn't react
>pokestops don't react
>>
>>28510482
>especially when it was shown as this size in the anime.

the anime is stupid. I remember playing pokemon stadium 1 and 2 and Haunter is pretty much one of the biggest pokemon.
>>
File: 1469420137314.jpg (38KB, 521x521px) Image search: [Google]
1469420137314.jpg
38KB, 521x521px
How reliable are the google pokemon nests? I see two of them, one is global and one is for my state (Florida). There's a dratini nest that shows up on one of them but not the other
>>
>>28510808
I just don't picture him as being gigantic. It would also be terrifying in real life.
>>
>>28510845
>It would also be terrifying
Hmm
>>
>>28500599
Whoah, it's going live?

I caught a Magmar in my office parking lot a few hours ago. I didn't even know it was anything special until I looked it up.

>Butt-Head is gonna be mah buddy.
>>
>people still play this shit
LOL
>>
>>28501757
>>28501848
fuck off
>>
>>28510956
My time has absolutely no value ;^)
>>
File: tfw.jpg (307KB, 720x1232px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
307KB, 720x1232px
>>28505430
Only 225 more km to go...
>>
>>28508153
Charmander, then it'll probably be Kabuto, then Koffing. Then maybe just pidgeys for the rest of time on the way to 40. But probably should be Dratini or something idk
>>
>>28507957
Depends on what they have in stats. Does the wonderous one have max stats in HP? If so that's the one you want to raise
>>
>>28510628
Are you embarrassed?
>>
>>28510863

Wait what? How is Magmar special? It's a mid tier Fire type and the least rare final stage Fire type.
>>
>>28511075
>Censoring the Oddish
Kek
>>
>>28510956

>STILL regularly posting on a pokemon image board

lmao
>>
>>28504333
Yes they do niggga
>>
>>28511116
>he doesn't know the Magmar meta
>>
>>28505430
She gon' get raepd
>>
>>28505430
Are you a girl?
>>
I unrooted my phone but I can't enter the game. What i need to do?
>>
>>28511596
Buy another phone
>>
>>28511253

>Gets its ass kicked by Vaporeon
>"Meta"

Despite water gun getting nerfed, I routinely see gyms stuffed with water types, of which, most are Vaporeon.

>>28511596

>I unrooted my phone
You don't really need to do that. You just need to have your phone rooted with a systemless root like Magisk.
>>
Do they sell taser or pepper spray pokeballs? Would be nice to ward off unwanted late night bumbas
>>
>>28511629
I have it unrooted months ago and yesterday I get the error. I tried rooting and unrooting again, the apps that I have that don't suport rooted acces works fine but pokemon go not.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160914-001556.png (606KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160914-001556.png
606KB, 1440x2560px
>>28511629
>Despite water gun getting nerfed
When did this happen and by how much? I remeber in july water gun spam was insane then it stopped but i attributed my inceasinh level and gym mons'

I did beat manage to beat a 1680 flareon with an 840 starmie that had water gun psybeam 3/6 times for that sweet 1000 prestige tonight

But later bear two 2200÷ vapes with my 2007 vileplume for pic related
>>
>>28511635
I'm actually buying pepper spray today.

>chasing pokemon in a park nearby at the evening
>go home
>see a fight between commieblocks
>one guy is on the ground, another sits on his chest and beats his face
>one more kicks one lying on the floor
>shit looks serious
>walk away to nearby 24h shop
>call the police
>two guys leave
>i go to check on the one they beat up
>he's got problems to spek and stand up
>after a minute he said I should call the police not to come, as these guys were "from the city"
>tht moment police arrives
>beaten up guy does all the talking, sais he quit his job today and got drunk and fell
>cops are two clumsy uncles with mustache and buy it/pretend to buy it
>they leave
>i see one of the guys that did the beating watching us from the bus stop on the other side of the street

SHIT
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 220x229px
>>28503405
>at the park, decide to take down the gym while having a break from running
>notice there are 2 13-14yo kids about to do the same
>attack anyway
>fastforward 5 minutes, gym's neutral, I'm about to drop my mon in
>gym goes red
>one of the kids goes "ye focken cunt, why'd ye do that" and the other one is laughing like a retard
>mad for getting cucked I take down his measly 1200vape and leave my 2300 Snorlax in
>the little lad drops a mon in too
>the Valorfag is supremely assblasted because he didn't even get his gold
>mfw
>>
>evolve 100% Staryu
>Tackle/Power Gem

why
>>
>>28511709
Thats why you dont call the police and should get a concealed carry. The mace and then taser is just for fun, preferably after you draw and show them your sidearm when they pull a knife on you.

Taze first if they take off running
>>
File: 1393887283550.gif (2MB, 399x299px) Image search: [Google]
1393887283550.gif
2MB, 399x299px
>>28502519

>/pgg/ in name field instead of subject

You can't ctrl+f from the catalog, that's the problem. It will find the thread but not highlight it. Just a heads up.
>>
>>28502320
6 speed manual master race reporting.
I just creep along at sketchy hours of the night. By the time someone might have called the cops I'm out of the area.
>>
File: Pokemon Go girl.png (302KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Go girl.png
302KB, 640x1136px
>tfw you will never hug and fug her.
>>
File: 1472973223345.jpg (80KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1472973223345.jpg
80KB, 1000x1000px
>>28502549
It's shit. I thought having a lot of hp would be useful but it's not and I get rektb at gyms. Since it's low cp it is the first to go.
>>28502575
>I hope your parents beat you to death with hammers, you fucking moron.
Kek
>>28502871
The rng is close enough. No one is going to measure quantum fluctuations for a pokemon game.
>>
>>28503207
Confirmed bus rider.
You creep along until you hear a mon pop. Glance at phone. Pull over and catch if it's what you want.
And at that speed you're not going to plow into any kids blindly chasing balls into the street.
>>
>finally have enough candies to evolve to a gengar
Now I just need to find one decent enough
>>
Is a 91% Gyarados with Bite/Dragon Pulse worth powering up?
>>
>>28503431
Yeah, it is actually. You just aren't going to hit anyone at that speed if you play the game right and don't have your eyes down constantly.
>>28503593
another bus rider detected
See the first anon that replied to you. That's how I do it too.
>>28503619
Do you use a phone mount on your handlebars?
>>28503780
I've seen that pic on /b/ thanks for bringing up that repressed memory.
>>
>>28511916
Nope, only keep it if it has Hydro Pump.
>>
File: 1466280971267.jpg (54KB, 604x278px) Image search: [Google]
1466280971267.jpg
54KB, 604x278px
> there are people itt that are of legal driving age but don't know how to drive.

WEW LAD
That is pathetic af and annoying for friends that can drive. I hated carting around those people. So I stopped.
You fags will never know the joy that is driving on your favorite back roads free of traffic in the wee hours of the morning.
>>
Is there a list of Pokémon that go on your shoulders after a certain distance?
And I'm guessing you have to accumulate the distance again if you switch buddies, right?
>>
>>28512022
>tfw have a driving license and like to drive, but can't afford a car
>and not living with patents anymore, so can't borrow theirs at regular basis
>>
For the past 10 days ive never had less than ten gyms at any given time. I dont cheat (i also consider using maps as cheating) and i dont spend monry on the game. Level thirty now. Istarted out playing on the first day though.
These are my top mons, i caught 115 overall so far.
>>
>>28512022

Idk about in the States, but here it costs money to get your lisence.
>>
File: 1472295444623.png (203KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
1472295444623.png
203KB, 500x491px
>>28512022
Had to sell my car. I just take a bus these days, it's cheaper and gets me to work.
>>
>People with rooted phones can evade the block and play
>I don't have my phone rooted and sudenly is uncompatible

Thanks Niantic
>>
>>28507630
I'm thinking about doing the same but I got Sludge Bomb in my Weepinbel's instead of Solarbeam. People told me Victreebel can still have Solarbeam but I'm afraid it might not. I really need something that kills Vaporeon fast and easy and It's a 89% mon nonetheless.
>>
File: Yesnahc.jpg (711KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Yesnahc.jpg
711KB, 1440x2560px
>>28502549
I sorta know that feel, got
a Chansey from a 10k egg..

>365cp
>306 hp
>>
Do I have to wait for a fix to play or am I finally free from the Go menace?
>>
>>28512375
They probably will fix it.
Next year.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>28512398

NEW THREAD
>>
>>28512347
But that's a good Chansey....
>>
>>28508161
Niantic mad elike 4 billion dollars in a few months. How the fuck are they this awful?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.