[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had to introduce a new type into the series, what would it be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 256
Thread images: 27

File: Lava.jpg (2MB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Lava.jpg
2MB, 2400x1600px
If you had to introduce a new type into the series, what would it be?
>>
American type.
>>
Sound, if only because whereas shit like Light type is already covered by like 6 different types, Sound is for the most part only a subset of normal movewise. Plus there's a handful of pokemon I can think of that could be Sound type. Exploud obviously, Noivern, Chatot, Seismitoad, hell even Jigglypuff.
>>
Type Shit
>>
Sound type.
>>
>>28499879
Wind type
>>
>>28499879

>Light type.

>Inmune vs Dark (And Dark Inmune vs Light)
>Strong vs Bug, Fighting, Psych and Ghost
>Weak to Steel, Grass, adn Fairy
>>
Sound
Light
Cosmic

Which are the other meme suggestions?

Ultra Beasts can be Aether-type.
>>
>>28499879
Fake type. Luchalitten, Ballio and Roothoot would be the first fakemon to get this typing.
>>
>>28499879
Some kind of metagame type that would, by its presence, nerf water and buff ice.

I'd figure out the flavor after figuring out its place in the type matchup chart.
>>
>>28499879
Cosmic and Nuclear (I had this idea before found out about Uranium, don't bring that up).
>>
File: 1472088409252.jpg (89KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1472088409252.jpg
89KB, 360x360px
>>28499879
wouldn't lava type just be a fire type with water weakness ?
>>
File: 1470073700485.png (190KB, 544x321px) Image search: [Google]
1470073700485.png
190KB, 544x321px
Sound or Light.
>>
>>28499938
Meloetta, Kricketune, Chimecho, Bronzong
>>
Shaman type, or something based on yukai legends.
>>
>>28500009
True, true. Though considering Bronzong's place as something based on Japanese lore, and his prevo doesn't really have anything Sound about him, I think he could stay Steel/Psychic
>>
File: 1473639284126.gif (2MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1473639284126.gif
2MB, 500x333px
>>28499879
Cosmic light and sound are actual things that are long overdue.
>>
>>28499908
>who is Tierno
>>
Evil type
Hero type
And ever since I was a kid I wanted Angel type to be real.
>>
>>28499879
Plague type.
Disease and zombie themed type.
Any pokemon with Pokerus becomes plague type until it passes.
>>
>>28500024
They did this with fairy, only with tons of cuteness and childish shenanigans added
>>
>>28499974
Kekd
>>
>>28499879
Null type: No type advantages, but attacks from all other types do 0.75x damage. There are no Null type moves and only Type: Null is a Null type.
>>
>>28499879
Cosmic is loong overdue

that, or ManMade
>>
>>28500048
So dark type and fighting type?
>>
>>28499879
is there anything left tho
>>
>>28499972
Lava
>>
>>28500037
Yes but if the type will ever be introduced That Would be a soft retcon since We already have other psychic steel anyway
>>
Cosmic type

Moves like Wish, Cosmic Punch, Doom Desire, Gravity, etc. all get retyped.

Pokemon like Jirachi, Elgyem, Beheeyem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Deoxys, Clefairy, Clefable, etc. all get retyped.

I know Fairy type more or less fills the niche of all those moon-themed pokemon but what about all the space-themed ones that keep getting labeled as Psychic type?
>>
>>28500166
SM was the perfect opportunity.
>>
Top Percentage type.
Only pokemon that would have it are rattata
>>
-Weak to Grass, Bug, and Poison
-Strong against Fairy, Fighting, Dragon
-Resists Fighting, Dragon, Ground, and Rock
-Immune to Fairy
-Resisted by Steel, Grass, Bug, and Poison

I don't care what it's called.
>>
File: 1471241267321.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1471241267321.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>28500207
>>
>>28500231
>nerfing fighting even more

For what purpose
>>
>>28499879
Light/Holy type (anti-dark. SE on Dark, Fairy, Ghost and Poison, weak to Steel, Fire and Psychic). Several mons would get retconned into this:
Lucario would be Fighting/Light
The three musketeers would be their respective types and Light
Gallade would be Psychic/Light
Chimecho would be pure Light type
Dratini, Dragonair would be Dragon/Light
Lati@s would be Dragon/Light because psychic makes no sense. Luster Purge would obviously also be retconned to light.
Basically anything that represents Justice or fighting against evil or the Hero archetype could be retconned to light.
>>
>>28499938
The issue is if you take Sound away from Normal you take Special Attacks away from Normal.

It's like making a Wind Type, you'd strip the flying type bare of all its special attacks.
>>
>>28500292
It's still one of the best attack types, even with Fairy around. Hardly any relevant OU Pokemon resist it.
>>
>>28500303
This is already Fighting.

Poison does not need to be kicked down again so soon.
>>
>>28500303
>Basically anything that represents Justice or fighting against evil or the Hero archetype could be retconned to light.
It's called fighting.
>>
>>28500303
Go look at what the Japs call Fighting type
>>
>>28500303
Why would Fairy be weak to Light/Holy?
>>
>>28500231
Tech type? Maybe?
>>
>>28499879
NIgger type
>>
ITT: People who think there's going to be Light when Fairy exists.
>>
>>28500045
Literally from Francd
>>
>>28500365
Balance, pure and simple. Fairy is OP as fuck. Literally Gen V Dragon types. If they had an Outrage equivalent, it would be just as spammed.
>>
>>28500376
>think there's going to be
>want
These two are easily confused.
>>
I would remove Fairy type. The retcon was inconsistent and weird; "X is Fairy but Y isn't?" has valid points a lot of the time. But some Pokemon being retconned to Fairy would make them broken a f. And for Gen VI and VII they are introducing a lot of Fairy types that again, just seem somehow inconsistent (the greater your OCD about this kinda stuff, the worse off it is).

Fairy, at least aesthetically and thematically, just overlaps the extant Normal and Psychic types too much. You see a lot of this with the recommendations in this thread - Light is awkward, Sound is as well. Ditto Cosmic. (Think about Jirachi, Celebi, Mew.. when you consider new types and retcons. If it needs to retcon them, it's a bit too severe. Fairy fails this sniff-test for these guys.)

I rarely see good suggestions in these threads.
>>
>>28500376
But Fairy and Light aren't the same thing. Light is an element, Fairy is a winged asshole.
>>
>>28500339
You could always make more special normal moves. it also isn't too weird considering most normal types are physically offensive.
>>
>>28500368
Steel pretty well covers that concept.
>>
>>28499938
>>28500009

I agree there would be so many pokemon that could take advantage of it but I have to question its relevance to the universe? What the hell would it be weak to? And I can only imagine that steel and rock would resist it but what would it be super effective against.
>>
>>28500418
But the flavor fucking sucks. Fairy basically already is Light type. Fairy being weak to Light is just stupid. Come up with a different concept.
>>
>>28500598
Sound could be super effective against Water, as Sound travels faster in liquids than in air. Dunno what else.
>>
>>28500466
>What type would I create if I had to? I'd remove s type!
>>
>>28500004
First off, fire already has a water weakness.

Second, not necessarily. Ice is a distinct type from water, which is exactly flopped on its interactions with grass and fire. Lava type could be weak to ice, resistant to rock and ground, and other tweaks.
>>
Something that fucks up fairies, water and maybe flying.
>>
>>28500466
The point is that all the existing types cover pretty much all the possibilities, with sound type being imo the only possible new introduction given how many moves and pokemon Would fit in it (but then again we have bug buzz, roar of time, disarming voice) but I agree whit you point on fairy types: theres t
>>
>>28500466
Lava though
>>
Royal type.

Completes the trifecta of mythological types alongside Fairy and Dragon.

Applies to valorous and gilded Pokemon.

Retconned Pokemon/line typings include Slowking, Empoleon, Honedge line, etc.

It sounded like a good idea in my head but there's nothing elemental about "Royal" so nevermind.
>>
Not a new type, per se, but more lava based ground/fire hybrid moves.
>>
Light, which should already be a thing
>>
>>28500166
Please disclose a type effectiveness chart for Cosmic type, explaining your reasoning.
>>
>>28500754
*there's too much inconsistency with how the type was distributed both to pokemon and moves and also it didn't just nerf dragon type, it became an over powered type itself.
>>
>>28499879
Sound
>>
>>28500344
Amoongus, Azumarill, Breloom, Charizard Y, Clefable, Dragonite, Gardevoir, Gengar, Gliscor, Heracross, Landorus, Lati@s, Medicham, Mew, Mega Pinsir, Sableye, Slowbro, Starmie, Talonflame, Thundurus, Tornadus, Venusaur and Zapdos are all OU mons that resist Fighting. That's about half of OU. What the hell are you talking about?
And if you only want "relevant", then 100% of S rank resist Fighting, 33% of A+ does, 47% of A does and 50% of A- does.

Fighting is not even close to being on of the best typings now unlike in gen V, and the prominence of Fairy and Flying types this gen gives it a lot of problems.
>>
Three electronic types, Data, Virus, and Vaccine.
They'd mimic the relation between Grass, Fire, and Water
>>
>>28500048
At what age were you diagnosed with autism?
>>
>>28499879
I would do a radical overhaul. Some types are going/merged/rebranded. New types are added.

Firstly, let's do away with Normal. It's a waste. Replace it with a combination of Beast (generic animal-a-likes), Fairy (generic cute things) and Artificial (man-made in/organics).

Ground->Earth
Flying->Air
Psychic->Mystic
Steel->Metal

Add the following (alongside Artificial): Sound; Light; Mythical; Ancient; and Cosmic.

That gives us the following list: Beast; Fighting; Air; Poison; Earth; Rock; Bug; Ghost; Metal; Ancient; Sound; Artificial; Fire; Water; Grass; Electric; Mystic; Ice; Dragon; Dark; Fairy; Light; Mythical; Cosmic. Twenty-four in total.

Ancient - Ranging from your fossil-mons to your Yanmegas to your Primal Groudons.
Sound - Ranging from your Explouds to your Meloettas to your Jigglypuffs.
Artificial - Ranging from your Porygons to your Dittos to your Mewtwos.
Light - Ranging from your Lanturns to your Sunflora to your Ampharos.
Cosmic - Ranging from your SuMo legends to your Clefairys to your Deoxys.
Mythical - Ranging from your Celebis to your Arcanine to your Dratini.
>>
>>28500883
>We digimon class now
>>
>>28499879
I'm down with any types, as long as it have an advantage towards water types. We really need this.
>>
>Cyber type

weak to: ghost, bug, cyber, water

strong against: cyber, psychic, fairy, dragon

resists: electric, fighting, psychic, grass
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 320x320px
>>28500883
Man that's a cool idea. I wonder if that's been done before, tho?
>>
>>28500883
WE DIGIMON NOW!
>>
Autist type
>>
>>28500900
This is interesting, but wouldn't beast still be redundant? Like, it could fit a lot of pokemon across all types
>>
>>28500900
If you're renaming Ground to Earth, why not just combine it with Rock? Then get rid of Ancient, because it's dumb, for a total of 22.
>>
>>28500944
Jesmon is fucking based
>>
>>28499951
Isn't that flying?
>>
Air type, or wind.

it's really the only thing I can think of
>>
>>28500045
You could have mentioned the fat coybow gym leader from Unova, but you went with a fat French sperg.
>>
File: Crystal_Guardian.jpg (62KB, 349x589px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal_Guardian.jpg
62KB, 349x589px
>>28499879
Silic type.
Stuff like the obvious crystal golem (ground/silic), over floating mosaic shards (ghost/silic) and some rubbery things, as in actual silicone. it's a very versatile bunch of atoms to work with.
>inb4 fairies are already crystal
i don't see how that makes sense.
the only pokemon i can think of to be retconned would be Diancie and Carbink, they can be Fairy/Silic. Maybe Staryu/Starmie as well.
I kinda like the idea of the Type having a lot of pokemon without facial features and visible emotions.

Defensively weak against Steel, Fighting, Silic
Defensively strong against Rock, Fire, Water
Offensively strong against Water, Silic
Offensively weak against Steel Idk, something like that, you get the idea.
>>
>>28501068
flying is more bird type honestly, I think wind is more like actual wind without the need for wings to generate it. You know, like an elemental sprite or something?

>>28501011
The issue with combining it with rock is that one is to do with density and the other is to do with mass. One can be thrown or used as a hard hitting weapon, the other is more of a shock absorbent defense. Of course Rock can have hard defenses, but rock cannot function if it's cracked where as ground (im talking sand, clay, loose dirt, soil etc) just kinda doesn't care if it's hit.
>>
Fungus type.
>>
>>28501208
there is flying types already that are not birds or even have wings.
flying type is wind type already pretty much.
>>
>>28500339
I think this is fine. It'd be the same deal as when they made the phys/spec split or made the fairy type in general. They had to com up with special Fighting-type moves because none previously existed. They'll just make new moves for the special attackers that need normal moves. I think they could do generic beam attacks, like eye lasers or something, and you'd probably only need to bullshit one or two other attacks besides Tri Attack.
>>
Only if I could introduce two, and it would be Plastic and Cosmic.

I rather wouldn't, though.
>>
>>28500993
Beast is basically a catch-all for the 'mons that used to be normal but don't have a strong element. There's not really a good way to get around the fact that Rattata doesn't have an elemental affinity. Beast is more flavourful than Normal and suggests that the Pokemon is defined by its animalistic traits rather than being 'generic'. Unless that animalistic element was important to a Pokemon, I wouldn't add the type. Tauros would be Beast (basically just a cow). Growlithe would be Fire/Beast (very obviously a dog). Electabuzz would not be Electric/Beast (bipedal, not obviously related to a specific animal). Arcanine would not be Fire/Beast, it would be Fire/Mythical (because the beast element isn't as important as the legendary aspect).

It would be a bit fuzzy but hopefully there'd be a learnable logic with a bit of time.

>>28501011
Rock is to Earth as Ice is to Water. Ancient is tenuous but if you have a better idea for a type that would fit into the Physical side of the old type split (my new type system has twelve of each) then I'd be open to ideas. I considered splitting Grass (Leaf/Flower) or Water (Water/Fish). The latter is the most interesting idea to me.
>>
File: 250px-474Porygon-Z.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-474Porygon-Z.png
38KB, 250x250px
>>28499879
Abnormal type. It works opposite to Normal. The pokemon would be crazed, berserk and all around inspired on mental disorders.
>>
Light type
>>
>>28500197
At one point I was entirely convinced we'd see a new type because they made such a show of not revealing Solgaleo and Lunala's types for a while.

>>28500843
Cosmic could be super effective against Fairy.

And as a joke you could make it both super effective and weak against Normal type (aliens invading Earth and shit).

I don't know what to make of it with the other types, though.
>>
Virus Type - Anything that has become corrupted (Deoxys would be a good example since he is a Virus or Porygon)

>Super Effective Against
Grass
Normal
Psychic
Fighting
Dragon
Fairy
Bug

>Weak Against
Poison
Electric
Water
Ice
Fire
Ghost
Steel

>Neutral Against
Dark
Ground
Rock
Flying

Maybe someone else can do a better job of the type match-ups, but I think a Virus/Corruption Type would be interesting, could offer some Alola like Forms as well for many of the Pokemon. Deoxys would be there, Porygons line, potentially all the artificially created Pokemon, Parasect, etc.
>>
I would introduce Sound and Light to bring it to a nice, even 20 types. Both are weak to Ice and Bug (and Ice and Bug resist both) just to help those types be balanced a little more. Sound-type retcons could be Jigglypuff, Whismur, Politoed, Tympole, Meloetta, Noibat, Chingling, Illumise, etc. and Light retcons could be Cleffa, Staryu, Mareep, Happiny, Sunkern, Spoink, Finneon, Patrat, Volbeat, etc.
>>
>>28500598
I've had this saved for forever, it's what my opinion on the effectivenesses would be.

>Offensive
Super-effective:
Water
Steel
Fighting

Resisted:
Grass
Ice
Fire
Psychic

Immune:
Sound

>Defensive
Weak to:
Ice
Fire

Resists:
Water
Fighting
Flying

Immune:
Sound
>>
>>28501451
>I don't know what to make of it with the other types, though.
Weak to Steel because humanity conquered space; Weak to Bug (or Poison if Bug is too punny) because H.G.Wells
Resists Ice (because Space is cold)
>>
>>28500900
I don't like mythical, ancient and cosmic.
Psychic is already esper in jap, which is supposedly the 5th and highest element. I DO like the artificial type, but it wouldn't make sense entirely in terms of mewtwo because it's not made of rubber or something. Even metal would come under the artificial typing. So really what is mewtwo? It's just an esper type, that's really it. It may have been made in a lab, but it's not like "artificial" is anything without any context. The only artificial thing I can see is rubbers and plastics.

however, on top of that list grass needs to become plant and poison needs to become pollution or defiler. I also hate bug type, I think it's ridiculous because it's not like they're made out of anything that different. If you had beast type, you could easily combine beast + any other type. The same could be said about any bird based pokemon, combine beast or wind with something else and bam you can have a bird.

If I had it my way I would make it like YGO where you have 2 categories, 1 for type of creature and the other for its elements. So certain types may have an advantage or certain things to bring down a type of creature, but then they're also elemental based and can have resistances.

SO bug, beast, bird, humanoid, aquatic, mythical, dragon, plant, artificial, zombiem ghost, metal etc

then fire wind water earth light dark ice electric poison

but maybe that's a bit complicated.
>>
>>28501535
Good ideas
>>
>>28501565
forgot esper in the elements
>>
>>28501154
floating pieces of a stained glass window would make for a good ghost type.
It could be like a whirling cloud of glass, that reforms itself into different pictures and have some protean-esque ability
>>
What about surreal type?
It could be like pokemon that come from the distortion world, they have characteristics of things that are impossible or hard to understand, more than psychic type though.
It is like the counterpart of norma.

Weak to:Ice, steel (just to give them a boost)
Strong against:Water, normal and psychic(water is a very easy element to control, and this is the type that has a distortion element to it, causing it to control it easily)
Resistant to:ground and flying(gravity is a basic law that surreal things defy)
Spam me with faggot if it sounds stupid.
>>
>>28501649
faggot,
how would you design something that is impossible to understand?
you faggot.
>>
File: curse.gif (162B, 32x16px) Image search: [Google]
curse.gif
162B, 32x16px
>>28499879

??? (type)
>>
Sound or Light
>>
Sound
>Strong against Water, Flying, Fighting, Psychic and normal
>Resists Fairy and Ghost
>Weak against Ice, Rock, Ground and Steel
>Immune to other sound types
>>
>>28501705
>>28501716
for gods sake, stop trying to make this work.
come up with something other than these two shitty ideas
>>
>>28501565
Well, in a way that's a reworking of the Physical/Special split that used to exist and making things more directed. I think it could be interesting though.

Physical:
Insect; Beast; Bird; Humanoid; Fish; Dragon; Plant; Construct; Ghost; Mineral; Myth; Unknown.

Elemental:
Fire; Water; Earth; Air; Light; Dark; Electric; Ice; Corrupted; Esper; Mythical; Cosmic.

That's 12 of each. I'd be happy to replace Cosmic with something else (or even just rename it to Otherworld or whatever) but I think it deserves a separate classification due to the treatment of Mons like Clefairy in the Lore. Mythical/Myth is clunky but separates Pokemon that are mythical in nature (Arcanine) from those that are mythical in form (Jirachi).

I'd argue that you could have up to two of each category (even though that risks getting absurdly complicated). Bulbasaur is Corrupted:Plant/Beast. Charizard is Fire/Air:Dragon. Jirachi is Cosmic/Esper:Mineral/Myth. Growlithe is Fire:Beast.
>>
>>28499938
This would mean SpA oriented Normal-Types and Normal-Type moves would all be taken. I get the idea but I think Sound works just fine as it is under the Normal-Type.

Besides, all pokémon make sound. Would they all be re-typed?
>>
Some kind of rare Glitch type. Super effective against Electric, Fairy, Steel and Fighting, but not very effective against Bug, Grass, Ground, Poison and Ice.
Resists Normal, Fighting, Dark, and Steel. Weak to Bug, Psychic, Ice and Poison.
>>
File: 1454851528513.png (94KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
1454851528513.png
94KB, 300x297px
>>28499879
Type Moon

You know for Lunala and Lunatone, Umbreon etc
>>
>>28501858
Interesting, but seems needlessly complicated.
>>
>>28501882
This. Best actual strengths and weaknesses I've heard in this thread.
>>
>>28501901
Oh, it is absurdly complex for what is required.

There are already plenty of Pokemon that would benefit from having three or even four types to make sense of their design. Hydreigon is Dark/Dragon/Flying. Scizor is Steel/Bug/Flying. Celebi is Grass/Psychic/Fairy/Flying.
>>
File: 124.png (2MB, 2560x2048px) Image search: [Google]
124.png
2MB, 2560x2048px
Pastry type.
>>
>>28501858
you can make a new game at that point.
this thread has almost exclusively retarded ideas in it.
>>
>>28501068
>>28501263
In a way, yes. But I really want a separation. I want Wind stuff without having to be tied to flying.

Besides, Rock and Ground get to be separate.
>>
File: 1470374555890.png (227KB, 635x553px) Image search: [Google]
1470374555890.png
227KB, 635x553px
>>28501997
>hextuple weakness and effectiveness
>>
Instead of literal light, justice or “good”, Light would work much better as a white mage/cleric archetype, and give it to the Chansey line, Audino, Alomomola, etc.

Beside space, cosmic can cover the fundamental forces of universe, with moves like Gravity.
For that reason, I would make Cosmic Strong against Electric (because electromagnetism is one of these forces) and weak to Ghost (antimatter) and Ice (entropy).
>>
File: 1473784136385.jpg (18KB, 228x352px) Image search: [Google]
1473784136385.jpg
18KB, 228x352px
Law type.

Chaos type.
>>
>>28502043
why? why would you need this?
wind stuff: special side of flying type
bird stuff: physical side of flying type
this entire thread is just people wanting to add bells and whistles for the fuck of it.
>>
Wait I thought light type was psychic in japan ????
>>
Light is fucking stupid

Cosmic is already a type, it's called psychic

Sound is the only semi-viable popular one, and like that one anon said it's not really enough to be its own thing yet. Maybe in the future it could break off from normal but not at the moment.

>>28501324
Now this nigga, he's got an idea. Ditch fairy, and slap this shit on all the normal types that aren't really all that normal. Like clefable, porygon, kecleon, castform, ditto, dunsparce, spinda, audino, arceus, bewear, and mimikyu

You could ditch normal types weaknesses/resistances and have them be super effective by and against Abnormal. The type also gives you a whole spectrum of weird or strange designs and inspirations.

Imagine a bug/abnormal mothman pokemon, or a dark/abnormal chupacabra. Shit would be so cash
>>
>>28502038
I think we're clearly into the realms of fantasy and beyond 'what should Pokemon games do with the type system'.

Really, that series of ideas is just autism satisfaction to get around Gamefreak's weird typing decisions.
>>
>>28499879
Mushroom Type
>>
File: 2016-09-13-19-38-19-814132569.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-13-19-38-19-814132569.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>28501686
Not exactly impossible, just defies our common standards.
See surrealism for reference.
I think the idea could be salvaged.
I guess it is pretty stupid.
>>
>>28499879
>American type.
Sound type will never happen, anon.
>>
Cosmic type and these two
>>28501154
>>28502102
are the only good and original ideas in this thread.
light and sound is pure idiocy.
>>
>>28502121
Because Wind is my favorite element and Flying doesn't personally cut it? Because I think they could do more with it if they separated it into its own type?
>>
>>28502185
i'll add this >>28502175
to the list of good ideas, but call it something else.
>>
>>28499951
I always thought Flying should've just been called Air or Wind type
It just sounds stupid, like if instead of a Water type it was called Swimming type or if instead of Ground type it was called Digging type
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
>>28502214
The name didn't cut it with me either, I was just trying Toto find a cool sounding one for now.
>>
>>28502229
Like I said, as someone who is a fan of the Wind element, Flying itself just doesn't cut it.
>>
God Type
Devil Type
Only special Pokemon get to have it though. One in every 1000 charizards for example would evolve into Charizard-Heaven (dragon/god with gold markings and feathered wings) or Charizard-Hell(fire/devil with ragged wings and blood markings). Devil would be super effective against all types but resist none. God would resist all types but be super effective against none.
>>
File: hypno merchant.png (110KB, 666x690px) Image search: [Google]
hypno merchant.png
110KB, 666x690px
Stereo type
>>
>>28502270
Wew even more reason to inject
>>
Sexy type
>>
>>28501997

highly unnecessary complications
>>
>>28502246
the chaos type from >>28502246
might have a lot of overlap with your idea.
>>
to the people in this thread:
the more pokemon you'd have to retcon, to make your shitty idea work, the worse of an idea it is.
fairy type was already way too much.
>>
>>28500723
Water is in need of a nerf defensively anyway, so that would work
>>
File: 1472418590653.png (58KB, 626x754px) Image search: [Google]
1472418590653.png
58KB, 626x754px
>>28499879
>medic type
>>
File: 250px-137Porygon.png (57KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-137Porygon.png
57KB, 250x250px
Virtual type.

already got it's first member.
>>
File: 778678.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
778678.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
Space Type

Introduces new mons, and retcons mons that are obviously aliens like Clefairy (Space/Fairy), Elegyem, Palkia, Dialgia, Minior and Deoxys.

A simple explanation for the retcon would be an adverse effect of the Ultra Beasts entering the PokeEarth dimension, referred to as the "Impact". Would be introduced in either a new gen or DP remakes on NX. Could also be closely related to plot, region (Next pokemon games could include space travel instead of being on PokeEarth all the time, I have loads of ideas).

Sample Moves:
Black Hole (field move)
Gamma Claw
StarBeam
Saturn Shield
Meteor Shower (weather)

I feel like GF already thought of this and are holding out for the right time to implement it. And that time is soon.
>>
>>28501504
I like this. Mostly makes sense, and balances out some of the stronger types. And also being the first type immune to itself would be interesting
>>
>>28502185
add this to the list >>28502446
>>
>>28502462
>referred to as the "Impact".

Get in the damn Zygarde, Shinji
>>
>>28502352
It's not supposed to represent destruction, just a neat opposite of normal and a little boost for ice.
>>
>>28499961
>fucking over psychic, bug, and ghost even more
>>
Digital Type
Weak: Bug (because bugs), Ice (because freezes) and Dark (hackers)
Resists: Fairy (magic can't touch this), Psychic (non natural mental working), Digital
SE: Fairy (logic destroys fantasy), Psychic (overload their brains with data)
NVE: Digital, Dark, Bug
The type would have very vew damage dealing moves and most of those would be special. However, the support and annoyer movepool would have things like an attack that steals all of the opponent's buffs or support effects.
>>
I don't want to add a new type, I just want to retcon Water into being weak to Poison.
Throw Poison a bone.
>>
>>28499879
I really wouldn't tbqh, but if I was forced to I guess I'd make sound-type since there's already an entire framework for that in the games with sound-based mons and moves.

I'd remove soundproof from Pokemon in the sound-type and make it immune to itself. As for 2X I'd probably make it strong against things that can shatter, like Ice as well as flying because of sonic booms or something
>>
Did anyone predict Fairy being implemented or did it just take everyone by surprise? All I can remember mentions of it were when Sylveon was first shown without typing, I thought it was just a counterargument to shut up lightfags.
>>
Fossil should have been a type instead of plastering rock on every ancient pokemon.
>>
>>28502574
YES MAKE POISON GREAT AGAIN... i mean for once.
>>
>>28502586
>Nerfing Ice

At least make grass resist it. Because if a tree falls in the woods and there's nobody to hear it, does it really make a sound? :^)
>>
>>28502609
I actually remember seeing a post where someone specifically guessed Fairy type and would include the "pink" normal types. How they could have guessed that is beyond me because wow is that a shot in the dark. But I don't remember the context. It may have been after some other rumor of Fairy type and he was just extrapolating what pokemon would fall under that.
>>
>>28501866
flygon isnt a bug type or a flying type.
>>
Bone type, it's strong against ghost and dark because it's 2 spoopy to be afraid of such types, weak against rock and steel because it breaks more easily, and resistant to ground because it is its natural resting place.

Give it to cubone and marowak and add q bunch of spoopy skeletony pokemon next gen. Best type.
>>
>>28502652
Water makes the most sense. Just say "because pollution" and it works.

There are other things I would change about the type chart, but the one I would pick most is giving Poison something new to be super effective against.
Removing the Ground weakness would be my second pick.
>>
>>28502778
but removing the ground weakness would leave poison with only a single weakness.
>>
A technology oriented type that's distinct from electric and steel. Probably something more focused on lasers, cybernetics and other aspects of technology not covered by the other two types.

Don't know what to call it to be honest
>>
>>28499951
>>28501068
>>28501208
>>28501263
>>28502043
>>28502121
>>28502200
>>28502229
>>28502260
There seems to be this funadamental misunderstanding of what Flying represents. Flying means the Pokemon has wings, or another instrument that is a part of its body that acts like wings.

Pidgey: Bird (Normal) with Wings (Flying)
Charizard: Fire-animal (Fire) with Wings (Flying)
Butterfree: Arthropod (Bug) with Wings (Flying)
Zubat: Poisonous-creature (Poison) with Wings (Flying)
Gyarados: Water-based creature (Water) with fins that act as appendages that allow it to fly (Flying)
Noibat: A Bat (Normal) or Sound-based creature (no established type) with Wings (Flying) that is also a Dragon (Dragon). In the first case, Normal dropped just so it has two types.
Tornadus: Not a real animal or covered by any other type, but it has its cloud appendage for flying, so it is pure Flying.

You get my point. Flying has *nothing* to do with being a bird. That most Flying types are birds is merely a coincidence, much like most Water types being fish (but some mammals), or most Bug types being insects (but some arachnids). Hell the Pokedex even states that Doduo has wings; that is how it is able to Fly igname.
>>
>>28502816
While true, Ground is also SE against too many types as it is.
>>
>>28502816
>>28502857
Electric only has one weakness already, so its not like that is something that doesn't have precedence already.
>>
>>28499879
The only non-shit typing I've ever seen in these threads was a monster/kaiju specific typing that would cover a lot of the rock/ground/steel types who have shitty secondary typings that hurt them more than they help them. Things like aggron or golem or tyranitar could get them as an alternative to their -rock or -dark or -steel typing, to try and patch up some weaknesses and make them more viable. I don't really know how to balance it though.

I'd rather GF put some actual effort into making grass/ice/bug/rock not shitty before they try to put more typings in, though.
>>
>>28499879
Cosmic type for sure. Pokemon with bodies that have unusual properties not found on Earth. Flight for space travel, capable of surviving in space. Plenty of space-theme attacks already. Psychic as the de facto space type never made any sense.
>>
>>28502684
No es hada, es fake
>>
Gem type. It's like rock type but more magical, with fewer resistances and advantages over physical things, and more strenghts against magical based stuff. Retcon Carbink and Diancie into this over Rock, as well as Sableye.
>>
>>28502965
>3 pokemon are now this typing that is just an upgraded rock
wew

>>28502930
Cosmic is kind of interesting, but they'd have to replace a lot of psychic/dark/fairy attacks that try and fit into the "cosmic" theme, in addition to retconning some pokemon even more than they've already been retconned (ex. clefairy)
>>
>>28499879
Jewish type.

Super effective against everything
Weak to everything
>>
>>28502504
I want to fuse with Zygarde Perfect Form and take on EXPANSION, and then lose.
>>
File: wingweaver.jpg (20KB, 236x347px) Image search: [Google]
wingweaver.jpg
20KB, 236x347px
>>28500048
Evil=Dark
Fighting=Hero
Angel=Fairy
>>
>>28503000
Dude I'm being forced to create a type, I honestly wouldn't add anything. Also it would be like a magical counterpart to rock, interacting more with magical side of the chart (psychic, dark, etc) than the physical one (fire, water, etc) so no, it wouldn't be an upgraded Rock
>>
>>28502851
Explain Doduo and Golurk
>>
Wouldn't that just be pre-nerf steel then?
>>
>>28503159
>>28503089
shit oops
>>
>>28502671
Yeah whatever, I'm not good with those silly annecdotes GF uses for matching types.
>>
File: minior.png (116KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
minior.png
116KB, 500x500px
>>28502851
Where are pic related's wings then?
>>
>>28500374
Weakness: Steel, Electric, Water
Resistance: Grass, Rock

Strong against: Grass, Flying
Weak against: Water, Steel
>>
>>28503159
How so?
>>
>>28499879
Biological Families:

Rodent
Ungulate (kicking)
Carnivore (teeth and claws)
Primate (punching)
Bird
Reptile (resist fire, weak to ice)
Amphibian
Fish
Bug
Invertebrate (mollusks, jellies, starfish, worms)
Protozoa
Fungus
Plant
Synthetic

Elemental Types:

Normal
Fighting
Wind
Poison
Venom
Chemical
Disease
Ground
Rock
Ghost
Steel
Plastic
Fire
Water
Electric
Psychic
Ice
Dark
Light (used by plants)
Fairy
>>
this >>28501154
is a lot better than this >>28502965
>>
Cancer type.

Furries, Legendaries, Electric rodents etc.
>>
Slime-type

Applies to Pokemon made of some sort of gooey substance that isn't quite solid nor quite liquid. Shelmet, Muk, Goodra, Swirlix, and Reuniclus's lines, for instance gain a secondary Gel-typing. It'd also make Wooper and Shellos lines be part-Slime rather than part-Ground.

Super effective against Fire, Electric, and Water; resists Fire, Water, and Steel; is weak to Ice and Poison; resisted by Ice, Slime, and Grass.

Moves would be moves based upon, again, gooey, sap/slime/gelatin like things, or what one would expect of slime moulds. Sludge Wave (called Slime Wave in Japanese), Energy Ball and Acid Armor (it's called Liquefy in Japanese) would become Slime-type, as would Absorb, Stockpile, Spit Up, and Swallow.

I tried so damn hard to think of something that could up Ice's viability. I couldn't think of much anything else... maybe a tech type for Porygon? I don't know.
>>
>>28503274
It resists the same stuff that steel would, unless you take all those rock resists away. I don't see how you'd make it an ok typing or how it'd make sense without giving it similar weaknesses/resists to steel, but I don't know.
>>
Food type

It would be weak to Normal since that's where all the gluttonous types are. You can think of the other match-ups, I don't care.
>>
>>28503098
Golurk I guess just has two types already, though it probably wouldn't be Flying type. I guess I would argue that Flying type involves naturalness, and so wouldn't be put on artificial Pokemon. In fact I think the only artificial Flying Pokemon is Fan Rotom, but it's a Ghost so that's kind of different. Genesect is another artificial, non-Flying type Flyer.

Doduo is actually explained in my post already
>>
Sexual type.
>>
>>28503335
>weak to poison
>doesn't resist electric
???
I like the idea though.
>>
>>28503225
I have no explanation for Minior though; I don't think I can seriously argue that those spikes can be called flying appendeges.

I assume they just decided to make it Rock/Flying instead of a Levitator
>>
Cosmic and Aether
>>
>>28503346
I didn't even say how it would matchup against other types, I have no clue where you got all that from.
>>
>>28499908
This has so much potential

Braviary, Lickilicky, Slurpuff, Slaking, Snorlax
>>
File: gun type.jpg (39KB, 526x394px) Image search: [Google]
gun type.jpg
39KB, 526x394px
>>28499879
gun type.
>>
>>28503429
The idea would be that, while it wouldn't be weak to electricity, it still sort of conducts it if it got pierced by lightning. On the other hand it'd be able to smother out electricity akin to how it'd smother fire.

Glad you like though!
>>
File: Kamitrio.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kamitrio.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>28503433
Do you have an explanations for these as well?
>>
>>28502851
gyarados?
>>
A vampiric type to give the bats and some other Pokemon. It fucks up Fighting and Fairy and gets fucked up by Dragon and Fire.
>>
>>28500231
Mushroom type
>>
>>28499879
Ultra Beast, super effective against everything but ghost.
>>
File: visible confusion.webm (1MB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
visible confusion.webm
1MB, 450x472px
>>28503509
>>28503514
Th-that's in my post guys.

Did you not read it all the way or am I being rused?
>>
>>28503596
Sorry, I overlooked that. Still, I don't think you can call that cloud an appendage that replaces wings; it's not like they go around flapping their cloud up and down to move.
>>
Anime type
>>
>>28501690
*cries liquid nostalgia*
>>
Demon type. Fairy was a mistake.
>>
File: 1444437698725.jpg (235KB, 1247x808px) Image search: [Google]
1444437698725.jpg
235KB, 1247x808px
Urban type: encapsulates things that are man-made, or pokemon that have adapted to fit into urban life and the modern human world

>Super-Effective to:
Fairy (Science disproves magic, steel type probably also encompasses that aspect tho so maybe not?)
Fighting (Modern politics have put an end to war for the most part)
>Not very effective to:
Steel (Do you think a politician or a city slicker would win a fight against a slab of metal? probably not)
Dark (Try as we might, corruption and evil still exists)
>Weak to:
Dark (Corruption can hurt society a lot)
Fire (Fire burns shit, man)
>Resistant against:
Psychic, Ghost, and Fairy (Mainstream science disproves parascience in general)

The urban type moveset is largely physical attacks and stat boosting moves, maybe a few priority moves thrown in too.

>Pokemon retyped to Urban
Magnemite line (Urban/Electric)
Porygon line (Normal/Urban)
Houndour and Houndoom (Urban/Fire)
Snubbul and Granbull (Fairy/Urban)
Shuppet and Banette (Urban/Ghost)
Trubbish and Garbodor (Poison/Urban)
Scraggy and Scrafty (Urban/Fighting)
>>
Fury type?
>>
>>28500352
You mean "Fighting"?
Dark is Evil type, but Fighting is just fighting.
>>
Artificial type
Could be used for any man made Pokémon like type: null
>>
>>28499879
Either Cosmic or Light.
>>
split Ground into sand and dirt types.
>>
>>28499879
Other languages probably have better words for this, but something like Power (Energy? maybe Cosmic?) type would be decent as the 'raw creative force' and generic laser element.

It would encapsulate all the moves like Hyper Beam, Explosion, and Bide that cripple you if a Ghost switches in, and moves like Wish, [Foo] Power, and Metronome that are vaguely supernatural but don't fit into any existing type.

It could have Pokemon like the Clefairy line (Normal/Power), Minior (Rock/Power), and a shitload of Legendaries - Deoxys, Arceus, Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie, Regigigas (Normal/Power), and maybe even Dialga and Palkia.

Offensively, it'd be resisted by Fighting (cool guys don't look at explosions), Power, and I dunno, Psychic or Dragon or something. It'd be super effective against Dark, Ghost, and maybe Fairy? Poison?

Defensively, it'd resist Fairy and/or Ground and/or Normal and/or Poison as well as Power, while being weak to Ice (literally negative energy) and Dark. Might have a Ghost immunity, but probably not.

Tl;Dr: conceptual fusion of Cosmic and Light, given vague and poorly thought out deific themes, and used for risky or mystical-but-bland moves.

Game Freak will never change that many Legendaries, but I can dream.
>>
Bird and Owl types
>>
faggot-type, autism-type, retarded-type
>>
Organ/Blood

I mean, it could work in theory
>>
File: AdMech_instruction_booklet.jpg (200KB, 1020x812px) Image search: [Google]
AdMech_instruction_booklet.jpg
200KB, 1020x812px
Furry type.
For the primary purpose of making people upset.
Weak to fire for obvious reasons.
>>
>>28499945
this is the only option
>>
Hair-type is still the best.
>>
>>28500900
I'm going to disagree.
Not because the ideas are bad, but because the pitch is terrible. Please don't sell me this pen.
>>
>>28509257
This goes for you too
>>28503850
>>
>>28503335

Dayum you just made me want another type.
>>
>>28500339
Tri attack for 400 alex
>>
>>28499879
Nacho type
>>
Null type
>>
Bird type. It has the same type chart as flying/normal, except it becomes 1x to ghost, and flying loses its 2x to bug.

Pokemon that are dual typed birds become type/bird (Altaria becomes bird/dragon, for example) and those that aren't birds stay flying (like Gyarados)

Beak and wing themed attacks become bird type, with obvious exceptions (steel wing)
>>
Wouldn't it be more meaningful to rebalance the existing types to make some more viable and interesting?
>>
>>28510274
That wasn't the question retard
>>
>>28500531
>Light is an element
What did he mean by this?
>>
Can we instead kill Rock into Steel and Ground? I know they are not exactly the same but I don't get why we need three types.
>>
>>28503245
Would be weak to Psychic too seeing as how psychic is represented as the intellectual type
>>
>>28499938
>>28500009
>no one mentions exploud
what the fuck
>>
The only ones I see working are lava and tech

Sound is stupid
>>
>>28500900
>SuMo
i thought it was a shitpost but when i hit that i knew for sure that it was
>>
>>28502851
>Literally what is Drifloon line
>>
>>28510374
moon is clouds
>>
>>28499879
i thought about sound. i mean, unlike fairy which pretty much came out of nowhere, sound has a large base to start with. a bunch of pokemon can be switched to sound, tons of moves, then of course new sound pokemon. type effectiveness doesnt really matter since the only thing it could realistically be strong against is ice. just make it balance the rest of the types.

however, when i thought about it, if you retype the sound moves, that takes away from other pokemon. whats the point of bug buzz if its sound type for example. so unless gamefreak starts to make dual type moves standard, sound should just remain being a big family of varied types instead of its own. we really should get dual type moves though. that could be sounds gimmick even
>>
>>28500004
I think Lava might be ground with extended heat capabilities. Probably increasing defense if hit by water.
>>
>>28510617
See >>28499938
>Exploud obviously
It's the first example he mentioned. Go see an eye doctor.
>>
>>28499879
Artificial type - things like Porygon, Garbodor, Type: Null, Mewtwo, etc etc.

Weak to Steel (because you slay the beasts with steely knives), Poison (because it needs more SEs) and Grass (because nature tries to kill the unnatural).

Strong against Fairy (cause scary beasts), Normal (because they are abnormal beings).

Neutral everything else.
>>
>>28500339
This is the first convincing argument against sound type. You got me. I change my mind. I'm not for a sound type anymore.
>>
>>28500532

Your mother is physically offensive.
>>
>>28503596
you can't fly with fins like that.
gyarados is not a flying fish.
in any case, they are not wings.
>>
>>28499961
>dark immune vs light
Have you ever turned a light on in a dark room?
>>
>>28512242
#shotsfired
>>
Fetish-type.

Loppuny (Fetish/Normal)
Gardevoir (Fetish/Psychic)
Vullaby (Dark/Fetish)
Bounsweet (Grass/Fetish)

Verlis' new favorite.

>Defensive
Weak Against:
Psychic (mental illness)
Poison (filthy minds)
Resists:
Water (water sports)

>Offensive
SE On:
Fairy (corrupting the innocent)
NVE On:
Psychic (again, normal vs mental illness)
Normal (normies hate this shit)
>>
>>28512483
You forgot Meloetta, Jynx and the goth one
>>
File: gold.jpg (270KB, 1300x870px) Image search: [Google]
gold.jpg
270KB, 1300x870px
>>28500798
>It sounded like a good idea in my head but there's nothing elemental about "Royal" so nevermind.

anon, what is GOLD!!!
>>
>>28512541
There's more, those were just the showcase ones like when Fairy was revealed.
>>
>>28512679
It's GLORIOUS
>>
>>28512367
How does he fly, then? Because he's a dragon?
>>
>>28500128
that is hot rock type
you might as well make burnt grass, burning bugs or frozen water into a type
>>
>>28499961
Dark type is Evil type in japanese.
>>
>>28512975
>ice
>what would burnt bug and burnt grass have?

Lava actually has properties that rock/fire wouldn't have like resistance to water and fire
>>
>>28512911
it doesn't fly.
>>
>>28499879
Light instead of fairy (fairy as "type" makes no sense) and I'd also change Flying to Air and Ground to Earth.
Also Steel should be Metal (because steel is just one fucking metal).

As new type I'd add Nuclear. Yes, as in Uranium
>>
>>28499879
Virtual/Machine/Synthetic

porygon needs love
>>
>>28501565
>Psychic is already esper in jap, which is supposedly the 5th and highest element.
i'm glad someone at least understands. a cosmic space time will never happen
Thread posts: 256
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.