[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon/Bug

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

File: 469Yanmega_XY_anime.png (50KB, 332x227px) Image search: [Google]
469Yanmega_XY_anime.png
50KB, 332x227px
>no Bug/Dragon pokemon exist
>Yanma/Yanmega, fucking dragonflies, have already been created
What would a Dragon/Bug type look like? Why wasn't Yanma/Yanmega a Dragon/Bug? Would this typing be strategically awful?
>>
Flying/Bug fits better, and they already did the "Dragon-type Dragonfly" with Flygon, though it's technically an antlion.
Honestly there's no limit to what they can do. A Hellgramite Pokemon might be cool.
>>
>>28493999
i'd rather have the flying stab even if air slash is only 75bb
>>
>>28493999
Now that Fairy type exists, dragon/bug Would be pretty awful, considering Fairy is immune to dragon and resists bug, although I want to see what GF would come up with with that typing. Fairy type apart it Would have STAB u-turn but Would be weak to sneaky stones, Bravest birb and now also to accel rock
>>
File: Basilectprofile.png (296KB, 914x914px) Image search: [Google]
Basilectprofile.png
296KB, 914x914px
Probably like this guy from Sage.

Bug doesn't do anything for Dragon so I'm not sure why /vp/ wants Flygon to be Bug/Dragon so badly.
STAB Earthquake is what made it relevant in gen 3 in the first place.
>>
>Horsea isn't horse type despite being a sea horse
Fucking gamefreak I swear.
>>
>>28493999
For your trips I will grace you with the knowledge of what kind of meta would have been in Gen4 if Yanmega was Bug/Dragon.

Yanmega in Gen4 was borderline OU/UU. iirc it ended up in BL. It was a really fucking good special sweeper, but Stealth Rock crippled it to desperately needing a Rapid Spinner on the team constantly keeping Rocks at bay. Bug/Dragon? Suddenly losing 1/2 your Hp is now losing 1/4 your Hp. An amazing buff. Bug/Dragon is an infinitely better typing than Bug/Flying.

Trades an immunity to Ground and weakness to Electric
for
Weakness to Dragon and resistance to Electric, Water and Neutral to Fire.

A lot of fags would tell you "le Speed Boost is a broken ability" ala Blaziken/Scolipede shenanigans. Yes. Speed Boost is a fucking amazing ability, but all changes with Yanmega's other ability. Tinted. Fucking. Lens. Turns resisted moves into neutral moves. Steel types are no longer a safe switch-in for Yanmega. It would have rocked the Gen4 meta. Especially considering Draco Meteor was given to every Dragon type. With 114 Special Attack.

Tinted Lens Draco Meteor would end games.

It would have ended up being balanced when Fairy type was introduced, but it would have been an OU staple in Gen4.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 713x519px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 713x519px
>>
>>28494208
this is a very good post
I haven't been on /vp/ since like 2012 but if this is the kind of stuff that happens around here then I might start coming back
>>
>>28493999
>Yanma/Yanmega, fucking dragonflies, have already been created

>The dragon/bug meme
dragonflys aren't composed of the words "Dragon" and "Fly" in other language, for example, japanese. So it will never happen.

A draogn bug would have to be something more mounstrous.
>>
File: hyvern_by_deidara_fuuka-d5guvk2.png (261KB, 900x570px) Image search: [Google]
hyvern_by_deidara_fuuka-d5guvk2.png
261KB, 900x570px
>>28494208
Holly.Shit. So not even Fairy's resistance to Bug would matter or Steel blocking both. I now want a Dragon/Bug type with Tinted Lens.
>>
>>28494313
posts here suck until month of the game coming out and a couple months after.

More about theoretical Bug/Dragon Yanmega. Typical set would probably be:

Yanmega
Timid
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Tinted Lens
-Draco Meteor
-Bug Buzz
-U-Turn
-Roost / Hypnosis / Giga Drain

Fun fact. Yanmega has the highest base Hp of all Bug types barring Bug-Arceus. There would have probably been some min/max bulky set with more Hp evs or something. Being a Dragon type probably would have meant more coverage moves because Dragons learn various moves from various elements like Fire/Ice/Electric. Let's pretend the moveset stays the same other than obvious changes like Draco Meteor.

Unresisted U-Turn spam would place it on a high pedestal with post-platinum Scizor. Smogon loves its pivots. Draco Meteor followed by U-Turn to maintain Yanmega would be a common strategy. Bug Buzz for Bug stab. Roost can keep Yanmega alive. Giga Drain for Swampert who was still OU and an alternative to Roost. Hypnosis is a tech move Yanmega used back in Gen4 because it had 70% accuracy which was insane. Hypnosis was used on any Pokemon that learned it. It has since been nerfed to 55% or 60% and never been relevant again.

Draco Meteor is stronger than other coverage moves like Shadow Ball and Psychic that Yanmega gets. I don't know if I can even justify Bug Buzz being used. Maybe since Draco Meteor has 8 pp it would be used in addition to secondary STAB. This thing would probably be banned like Garchomp was. The only safe switch in is Blissey from what I can theorize. And some crazy nigga is going to put Reversal on his Yanmega just for that.

Naive nature to boost Reversal's damage output (along with U-Turn) since Yanmega has crap special defense.

What could have been. RIP dreams.
>>
>>28493999
>Wanting the coolest flying type to be dragon.

It flies around super fast and air slashes shit. It thematically works as a flying type and Tonbo doesn't have the word ryu in it.
>>
>>28493999
Also DragonFLYYY remember the other syllable mate.
>>
>>28494724
THIS would've been the monster Yanmega could've been if it was Bug/Dragon
>>28494208
>>28494583
Anyone who says from now on he's good as Bug/Flying is an absolute idiot in my eyes.
>>
>>28494208
>>28494583
Now my dick is hard for a Pokemon that never was. I've always liked Yanmega's design and thought it looked slightly draconic and should have been dragon-type. After reading this, I'm sure I would have carried it on my team whenever possible.
>>
>>28494771
Cutiefly is my favorite flying type :^)
>>
How about we use the Bug/Dragon type on a Pokemon that actually GOOD?
>>
File: Mobs - Centi_Dragon.png (310KB, 723x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Mobs - Centi_Dragon.png
310KB, 723x1023px
>>28493999

>What would a Dragon/Bug type look like?
>>
>>28494160
to flygon stop being a lesser garchomp
>>
>>28495126
Then it would just be a lesser everything.

Ground is a better typing than Bug.
>>
>>28493999
THIS IS SO STUPID
Just because they're called DRAGON flies in america, that does not mean they're called that in other countries, which literally shuts down your argument in a flash.

Where i live for instance, they would translate to "Eye Stabbers" in english, not dragonflies.

Anyway, Flygon is a good concept, though the reason he has a lens outside his eyes, is to protect him for the sandstorms he whips up when flying in the desert.
>>
>>28494059
Flygon wasn't a dragonfly
>>
File: 1472544879174.jpg (71KB, 756x324px) Image search: [Google]
1472544879174.jpg
71KB, 756x324px
Something, something, what Sliggoo should've evolved into.
>>
>>28495492
You're right, he's an antlion, which is a close relative of the dragonfly
>>
File: image_2264e-Insect-Family-Tree.jpg (434KB, 1584x2044px) Image search: [Google]
image_2264e-Insect-Family-Tree.jpg
434KB, 1584x2044px
>>28495545
Dragonflies are kind of ancient. Their wings are not as developed as other insects. You know how most insect wings fold up when they are not in use? Dragonflies just remain out there. It's actually an interesting evolution characteristic.

Here is a chart of insect evolution. Notice the huge disparity between the two.
>>
>>28495531
agreed, the last stage should have looked like a bigger and more monstrous Sliggoo; instead we went from blind slug to uguu kawai eyes barney
>>
>>28493999
Scyther literally looks like a dragon
>>
>>28494164
>Growlithe isn't growl type
Nor is it lithe, that's a husky dog.
>>
>>28495470
This. Every time anglos are too stupid to realize than Japan doesn't speak English and that in Japanese and most other languages dragonflies have nothing to do with dragons.
>>
>>28494854
Isn't a cutie type though
>>
>>28494791
You're an idiot. Somethings should have bug instead of dragon. Dragonflies flap their super fast. Their wings are their most iconic feature besides their tail. It being stronker, wanting a new type combos and fucking non Japanese pun aren't good enough reasons to make it lose flying.
>>
Japan has like 5 different words for dragonflies, none of which have anything to do with dragons.

Strangely, about half of them are "daddy longlegs" deals where the same word can refer to different bugs that have nothing to do with each other. 蜓, for example, can either refer to dragonflies, millipedes, or certain small species of lizards.
>>
>>28493999
FUCKING AMERICANS. ONLY YOUR STUPID LANGUAGE PUTS THE WORD "DRAGON" IN THE NAME FOR DRAGONFLIES. DRAGONFLIES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH DRAGONS.
>>
File: image.png (119KB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
119KB, 400x262px
>>28497123
>>28496161
>>28495470
>criticizing English-speakers for being Anglocentric
>while writing in English
>>
>>28497317
So we should speak our mother tongue on 4chan instead? We're not autists, unlike anglocentric morrons. We're able to learn and speak other languages than our own.
>>
>>28497387
>we're not autistic
>we just have no pride/nationalism
>>
>>28497317
>Taking two seconds to look up whether an English pun works with Japanese is too much effort when discussing a Japanese game.
>>
>>28493999
>tfw there will never be a Dragon/Bug Mega Yanmega

also fun fact: Yanmega in Japanese means Mega Yanma, so if there ever was a Mega Yanmega, it would be called Mega Mega Yanma in Japanese.
>>
>>28500000
CHECKED
>>
File: DKfridge.gif (865KB, 370x281px) Image search: [Google]
DKfridge.gif
865KB, 370x281px
>>28500000
Hello! this is the anon who typed this and WHAAAAAAAAAT

Mega Mega Yanma confirmed
>>
File: Snapchat-2747597493154768400.jpg (105KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2747597493154768400.jpg
105KB, 540x960px
>>28500000
Nice
>>
File: 1442038760814.jpg (29KB, 467x308px) Image search: [Google]
1442038760814.jpg
29KB, 467x308px
>>28493999
Why would yanmega (a japanese fictional creature) be part dragon? because the animal is based on has dragon in its english name? thats fucking retarded
>>
>>28500815
We can only dream...
>>
Wimpod's evo.
>>
File: 1471288593136.png (54KB, 512x727px) Image search: [Google]
1471288593136.png
54KB, 512x727px
>>28502066
>Another Bug/Water ditching the typing
>>
>>28500815
>a japanese fictional creature
You're trying to tell me that a giant dragonfly that evolves through ancient power, the move that represents gaining power from your ancestors, isn't a reference to megafaunal dragonflies?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.