[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dont get why everyone is losing their shit over Rockruff's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: sun and moon.png (1MB, 918x775px) Image search: [Google]
sun and moon.png
1MB, 918x775px
I dont get why everyone is losing their shit over Rockruff's "secret" evolution. Yea there is a day and night evolution.

Remember Gen 3 with Silcoon and Cascoon... Yea. This evolution isnt new or a secret at all.

Granted this "secret" may hold something for the starters of Alola, but it isnt by any means a never before seen secret.

Pokemon that evolve by day:
Budew
Happiny
Riolu
Tyrunt

Pokemon that evolve during the night:
Amaura
Chingling
Gligar
Sneasel

Countless others using time of day to evolve or reach a new form. So this isnt a surprise and just something GF implemented to jumpstart the franchise again :/
>>
People are loosing their shit because when Rockruff was revealed, it was said to have a secret. The starters also have a secret, form the same issue. They all were grouped together, implying that they all shared the same secret.

Now that Rockruff evolves into two differently formed pokemon, many people are assuming that the starters will as well.
>>
>>28484998
Im aware of this, but people are losing their shit and bricks over something we have already seen. "OMG it evolves into this one at night. So cool." But thot, we have seen this before. They put different make up on this one so we wouldnt recognize it...
>>
>>28484842
>I dont get why everyone is losing their shit over Rockruff's "secret" evolution
Because it's the first evolution that changes based on the game played, not time of day.

We got more pages from corocoro
>>
>>28485118
I thought Rockruff's evolution was time based... Not version based...
>>
>>28485134
It's version based
>>
>>28485153
Thats not what Serebii is reporting, if they havent changed that yet... It is still saying what time of day its evolved in.
>>
>>28485134
It is
>>28485153
It isn't
>>
>>28484842
>Remember Gen 3 with Silcoon and Cascoon
That wasn't day/night evo It was random.
Eevee is the only one that could do that.
>>
>>28485195
>>28485222

Straight from Serebii
>New images of CoroCoro have come out showcasing more of Lugarugan. In it, it shows the Midday Form being obtained in Pokémon Sun and the Midnight Form being obtained in Pokémon Moon.
>>
>>28484842
want to know how I know you're underage b&?
>>
>>28484842
Wurmple's evolution is actually dependant on its personality value, not the time of day. The original Hoenn games didn't have a day/night cycle.

Also, to be fair, this is the first case where a SINGLE Pokémon evolves differently at different times. Budew can only evolve during the day, and Sneasel can only evolve at night, so there is a difference.

Also, apparently there's a chance that the forms are version exclusive, which has even less precedent than time-based evolution. So, either way, it's a unique case.
>>
>>28484842

Wasn't day and night. Also, how on earth did you forget Umbreon and Espeon? They did it way before anything on your list.

Also, this isn't quite the same, as it's forms rather than completely seperate pokemon, which is rather different.

Also, with the latest scans, we've learned that it's not actually day/night, but rather it's version exclusive forms of an evolution, which is something we haven't really seen before.
>>
>>28485301
>The original Hoenn games didn't have a day/night cycle.

They had a clock, they just didn't have the effects. Hoenn was actually the only way to get time-based evolutions in that gen, since Kanto lacked it entirely.

Also, how the fuck did you also forget Umbreon and Espeon?
>>
File: 1473013683571.gif (802KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1473013683571.gif
802KB, 264x264px
>>28485037
>but people are losing their shit and bricks over something we have already seen
No, people are losing their shit over the potential of starters having branching final stages; something we haven't already seen.
>>
>>28485332
Thats a different topic im talking about... If you read I understand that may mean split evolutions for the starers ...im talking about Rockruff in particular. They are getting worked up over something we have seen before.

People need to fucking read...
>>
>>28485328
Yeah, you're right, I could have been more clear on that.

And I actually realized that I forgot to mention Umbreon and Espeon as soon as I posted that. As it's been pointed out, they're two different Pokémon, though, so it's still not quite the same.
>>
File: 1429277102699.jpg (66KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
1429277102699.jpg
66KB, 566x480px
>>28485376
anon, YOU are the one who is confused. nobody is excited about rockruff's evolutions being separated by time of day. they are only excited about what >>28485332 said. if you still dont understand, then you are dumb and will suffer for your insolence
>>
>>28485425
Possibly, though the real reason is because it's actually version exclusive, not time based like we assumed.
>>
>>28485395
Won't believe you until pokebeach confirms, They are the only ones who actually know what's true and whats not
>>
>>28485438
If that's indeed the case, which is entirely plausible, then technically that would mean that Rockruff has two different evolution methods since it still evolves into Midday Lugarugan during the day and into Midnight Lugarugan during the night. So basically a different evolution method (and different form) depending on the game version.

Any way you look at it, it's something we haven't seen before.
>>
>>28485301
Espeon, Umbreon?
>>
But also even with Day/Night evolution, the secret is that they are version exclusive forms according to most recent scan.
>>
File: 1463375248864.jpg (16KB, 304x276px) Image search: [Google]
1463375248864.jpg
16KB, 304x276px
>yfw Luchalitten and co. are Moon exclusives and Sun has still hope
>>
>>28485037
People are losing their shit because this is the first time a Pokemon has evolved into a single Pokemon that has two distinct forms those forms also seemingly being version exclusives which is a first.
>>
>there are gullible souls who still held to the belief that serebii knows everything and the evolution is not version exclusive

Come on now.
>>
>>28484842
>I dont get why everyone is losing their shit over Rockruff's "secret" evolution.

Because "everyone" is people who just come here to shitpost about the newest info. It'll probably get worse as we get closer to release.
>>
>>28485241
Wurmple evolves into its second stage depending on where it was caught
>>
>>28485970
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wurmple_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
>Wurmple will evolve into either Silcoon or Cascoon starting at level 7 depending on its personality value.
>As personality values cannot be influenced or seen by the player, what a given Wurmple will evolve into is essentially random.
>>
>>28484842

A split evo isn't unheard of, but this is the first time that it's considered the same Pokemon. It's also the first time that they were version exclusive. That's huge, more then you realize. This will drive people to one version over the other even more then a certain Pokemon being exclusive.
>>
>>28484842
Your examples are shit because these are split evolutions, while now we have alternative forms of the same evolution.

It's a Castform tier gimmick, not two different evolutions.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.