[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... Im confused. Are (pic related) a split evo like the slowpoke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Sem Título.png (3MB, 1581x825px) Image search: [Google]
Sem Título.png
3MB, 1581x825px
So... Im confused.
Are (pic related) a split evo like the slowpoke line? Or are they an alternate forme of the same pokemon like the Litleo and Espurr lines but the changing factor is the time instead of the gender?

I dont get why GF would do this, speacially when they look so different. They should be different pokes in my book.

>Umbreon and Espeon getting retconned into being one pokemon
>>
>>28480589
They are one Pokemon with separat forms, like Wormadam or Meowstic.

As for why they are doing this, probably because it's more unique than just a split evolution, and it allows them to make more new Pokemon without filling up the Pokedex too much. Same logic behind making Megas and Alola forms, and why Wishiwashi is an Ability instead of an Evolution
>>
>>28480589
>Or are they an alternate forme of the same pokemon like the Litleo and Espurr lines but the changing factor is the time instead of the gender?

Yup, this. Don't know why people are putting so much thought into it, it's the same pokemon, one is just a regular wolf for and the other is a werewolf form of it.
>>
>>28480589
They're two separate forms of the same Mon, one form if you evolve rockruff during the day (more likely in sun version) and one form if you evolve rockruff at night (more likely in moon version)

They're more closely comparable to wormadam as they likely will have different typings and such, but on paper they are technically the same species.

You could've learned this in, like, 5 seconds if you just popped over to serebii
>>
>>28480669
>it allows them to make more new Pokemon without filling up the Pokedex too much
Shit I just realized

That would make form dexes even harder because they don't typically make the storage with holding every form in mind
>>
It's starting to get kind of annoying how many Pokemon look completely different but are considered the same Pokemon.

Like, why is this thing considered one Pokemon while umbreon and espeon are separate?
>>
>>28480669
But if we count all forms and all new pokemon this Gen will add up to an amazing amout of new pokes right?
>>
>>28480758
My point exactly.
>>
>Alolan forms
>Oricorio's different forms depending on the island
>now Lugarugan
What's with this Gen and multiple completely different forms?
>>
>>28480842
Alola seems to be a mishmash of Hawai'i, the Galapagos Islands, and Australia. So the theme for SM is divergent evolution (Darwin's Finches, everything else on the Galapagos, Alolan forms, etc.), and they don't want to clog the dex with Pokemon that are barely distinct.
>>
>>28480589
They're split evos. Unless I'm wrong. Prove that I'm wrong faggots.

Blow me the fuck out.
>>
>>28481124

>The name of the Pokémon Rockruff evolves into is Lugarugan and has a different appearance based on if it evolves in Day or in Night. It notes that Rockruff becomes the Midday Form when bathed in the rays of the sun and when full of the night's power, it becomes the Midnight Form.
>>
>>28480685
Because they will have different stats and typings. Nothing like Litleo.
>>
>>28481759
>yfw they have identical typing, stats, and moveset and the only difference is their ability
>>
>>28481865

I have no face because that isn't what is going to happen.
>>
>>28480808
I mean more new pokes than gen 6 by far, but so far we only have about 60 new pokemon revealed so i'm expecting ~90 new pokemon/forms this gen
>>
>>28481124
your mom shouldve jumped off a cliff when she was pregnant with you
>>
>>28482102
I'll say 128
>>
>>28480842
okay but alolan and oricorio make sense? do you not know anything about earth, our planet, the planet that we live on?
>>
>I can be ur angle...
>or ur devil
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.