[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen VII Water Type Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: waterpokemonbtfo.jpg (89KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
waterpokemonbtfo.jpg
89KB, 640x480px
With the exception of Popplio, and Wishiwashi, why are Water Types currently getting the short end of Gen VII's stick? The two I mentioned before are really the only two I think I'd use, but hopefully both Pyukumuku and Wimpod evolve into something worth using because if not, Wishiwashi will be the perma-Water Type in my Party.
>>
File: 1473641598750.jpg (14KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
1473641598750.jpg
14KB, 236x314px
>why is the type that has gotten the most attention 6 gens in a row not receiving the most attention for the 7th gen in a row?
>already has a confirmed strong sp attacker and a "don't hit me or you're fucking dead" sweep counter
>>
wimpod is obviously going to evolve into something strong. are you even paying attention?
>>
>>28472665
>not liking wimpod

he's fucking great

and popplio is a gay homo clown seal
>>
You really think Water types are getting the short end of the stick? Say that to fucking Poison types.

The ONLY new Poison type we've gotten so far is Salandit, and there's only 2 months left until the game's release.
>>
>>28472665
Water is the type with most pokemon.
>>
>>28472665
Are you kidding? You can already create a full team of Water types and you call that the short end of the stick?

Think of the poor Poison/Psychic/Ground/Dark/Steel/Fighting fans. Especially the Fighting fans. They've been given all of two Pokémon.
>>
Winpod is gonna be the badass sea serpent woth good stats for gen vii, ala Gyarados
>>
>>28472665
I wouldn't worry. Previous gen pokemon are returning, so there's sure to be a solid selection of water types to use.
>>
Had a dream that Wimpod evolved into a Bug/Dragon with monster stats.
>>
>>28472719
I'm not concerned about the other Gens, I'm concerned about this Gen. I know plenty of Gen I Pokémon are making a return (like >>28472859 is saying)
, but I'm not asking for "competitiveness' sake," but just in-game availability. And don't get me started on TrapFish; I'm not going near it.

>>28472807
>>28472830
>>28472827
I realize that, and don't think I'm not upset about those Types either, but I made a thread for Water Types because I'm currently planning out Parties that I want to use in-game and I hardly saw any interesting options for a Water Type except for Wishiwashi (I know I said Popplio earlier, but even if it does end up with decent stats, I wouldn't want to use it). Please excuse my fault.

>>28472722
>>28472745
>>28472833
>>28472885
I don't doubt Wimpod will become something better than what it currently is, but until I see it I'm not giving it any thought, and besides, I already planned to have Vikavolt as the Bug Type in my Party.
>>
>not liking Bruxish, when it's literally the only generic fish 'mon that stands out
>>
>>28473023
>generic
>stands out
Choose one.
>>
File: sm team.png (649KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sm team.png
649KB, 1920x1080px
Waterfag reporting in. I will be using every single one of these pokemon with delight. I am very pleased so far with what we've been given, and I dare say this could be the next Gen 3. Keep up the abundance of great water designs, GF.

Im assuming OPs fav water mons are Empoleon, Quagsire and Simipour. Your shit taste will not be pandered to, OP.
>>
>>28473133
(You) have me mistaken. I'm not bashing designs, in fact, I enjoy everyone of them except for TrapFish.

>Wishiwashi
Has an amazing ability, and I have no doubt will be an amazing Mon to boot.
>Pyukumuku
Cutest Mon right next to Cutiefly, and Mimikyu, and that Flavor Text is really neat.
>Wimpod
I see great things in store for Wimpod, but I'd like to see it's Evo first.

I don't plan on using Popplio, but maybe that'll change. I don't lack faith in GF's design skill, but my indecisiveness to choose a Water Type for my Party was just a small grievance I had when I was trying to build my Parties. I give your Party a 5/6 otherwise.
>>
To be fair Water looks fine for now I mean Wishiwashi is powerful, Popplio should be fine, Pyukumuku and wimpod both have room to grow and even if you don't like Bruxish it looks like it'll be a damn sight easier to use than Basculin or Lumineon. Ice types I'm more worried about their type already has enough problems and only Alolan Ninetales looks like it has potential to succeed
>>
>>28475457
even with that 4x weakness to bullet punch?
>>
Wimpod probably has a strong evolution, Bruxish is just the generic fish shitmon revealed weirdly early, and sea cucumber has a potentially interesting ability.

Though I do agree, overall I'd say this is a really weak group
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.