[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is gen 1 mewtwo still the most dominant pokemon ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: mewtwo.jpg (51KB, 808x454px) Image search: [Google]
mewtwo.jpg
51KB, 808x454px
Is gen 1 mewtwo still the most dominant pokemon ever?
>>
i'm pretty sure mega rayquaza is unbearably broken
>>
File: none-1(1).jpg (64KB, 449x593px) Image search: [Google]
none-1(1).jpg
64KB, 449x593px
>>28470140

No.
>>
Yes

Psychic
Barrier
Amnesia
Recover

As long as dark types don't exist gen 1 Mewtwo reigns supreme. However, the current Mewtwo is still pretty up there.
>>
>>28470189
Except in gen one ghost type was glitched and the only move was Lick anyway, and the only ghost line was glitched. The only pokémon to learn relevant bug type moves are Beedrill, which is weak to psychic, and Jolteon, whose Pin Missile couldn't do shit to Mewtwo.
So Gen 1 Mewtwo kind of had no weakness, Richard.
>>
>>28470189
>shaq isn't the most dominant player because he can't hit freethrows
>>
>>28470189
Yes, because Mewtwo had so many weak points in gen1.

Here's a list of them:
>>
>>28470197
Chansey walls and Toxics
Real Mewtwos ran a physical coverage ie Selfdestruct
>>
Mewtwo was so strong that even in Gen 2 it raped T-Tar with Submission. I think only Snorlax had a chance
>>
>>28470221
Ghost wasn't glitched, it was unable to hurt psychic types on purpose, as shown by the type advantage chart on the instruction manual.
>>
>>28470424
Does toxic do more damage every turn in gen 1?
>>
>>28470424
Mewtwo Submission vs. Chansey: 336-396 (47.7 - 56.3%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO
Chansey usually ran Twave and you could switch out of Toxic to make it normal poison, so it didn't do much. Could hardwall it if it didn't have Submission though.

>>28470487
Oh alright, didn't know that
Not like anyone ever used fucking Lick anyway
>>
>>28470140
He is weak against status, and Chansey can stall him, also Psychic hs just 16 PP

I'm pretty sure M-Ray is stronger
>>
File: tauros.png (79KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
tauros.png
79KB, 200x200px
Leave Mewtwo to me
>>
>>28470511
Yes.
>>
Yes. We even banned him in my circle of friends because he was so OP.

Yeah we were Smogon-fags in the late 90's.
>>
>>28470584
Did you ban double team?
>>
>tfw no legendary encounter will ever come close to finding mewtwo, a pokemon you actually heard a lot about, in its cave
>>
>>28470615
no but we got in wrestling fights if someone kept spamming it
>>
>>28470624
groudon/kyogre is up there

>that build up
>that music
>that tension

Didn't have the mystery but god dammit my 13 year old heart was at 150 BPM during my first encounter with groudon
>>
>>28470555
M-Ray is manageable and while it has no safe counter a couple things can somewhat handle it, like defensive P-Don or the most defensive Arceuses, probably at the cost of dying as well waiting for Toxic/LO to do its job.
The only genwun thing that can match Mewtwo is another Mewtwo. It can just switch out of your Toxic and make it normal poison, and now you can't even paralyze it anymore. It has insane bulk, great attack for the time, stupid special that it can just +2/+2 to instantly, and it has the best type in the game on top of having Recover. It can switch into practically anything that isn't a STAB Hyper Beam, and even then it can just recover on the recharge turn.
M-Ray is probably the closest we've had to something that stupid, though. Easily.
>>
>>28470669
That's, at least for me, as close as it gets. Articuno got pretty close, too, although it wasn't as intense as Mewtwo, Groudon and Kyogre.
The seafoam islands were always kind of mysterious to me. I never used that route to get to cinnabar island and when I finally explored it as a kid I was so pumped when I solved the puzzle to get to Articuno.
>>
>>28470487
>as shown by the type advantage chart on the instruction manual.
WOW FUCKING GAMEFREAK CASUALIZING EVERYTHING BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD TO MEMORIZE THE TYPES ON OUR OWN AND HAD NO HELP INGAME
>>
>>28470511
Only when used with Leech Seed, which Leech Seed also saps more HP.
>>
>>28470140
Mega Ray certainly gives it a run for its money.
but the fact it took 20 years for something of the same level of broken to be created again is telling of its power.
>>
>>28471413
untrue, the Leech Seed glitch exists but the Badly Poisoned status still happens without it
>>
>>28471572
I think they work on the same counter. Like 1/16 toxic then 1/12 leech seed then 1/8 toxic then 1/4 leech seed and so on.

no clue on the actual numbers
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.