[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think they should have been a bit more inventive with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: P2.png (336KB, 941x617px) Image search: [Google]
P2.png
336KB, 941x617px
Do you think they should have been a bit more inventive with gyms before giving them the axe?
>HP gym
>Attack Gym
>Speed Gym

stuff like that? You'd never go in (unless you've done it before/looked it up) knowing what type of pokemon the gym leader would have for easy sweeping with super effectives just the Stat theme of the gym. Abit like Norman's gym except not just normal type.

Ah well we have Island challenges now or something. Post your non type specific gym ideas. pic unrelated my current platinum team,
>>
>>28461033
The only interesting Gyms were Norman's tate and Liza's and Drayden's.

We needed more
>>
Sound-based gym with Pokemon like the Whismur line, Chatot, Tympole line, Jigglypuff line, etcetera.

Also, I doubt that gyms are going to be axed for good. They might even decided to "reinvent" the idea of what gyms can be in the future just to keep things fresh after shaking up the formula in Sun and Moon.
>>
File: Chatotevo.png (11KB, 565x329px) Image search: [Google]
Chatotevo.png
11KB, 565x329px
>>28461248
Good opportunity to give Chatot some evos.
>It gets a magnemite/Diglett kind of evo.
>>
>>28461248
>Tympole line
wut
>>
>>28461248
uh. til the tympole line learns hyper voice
>>
>>28461033
Gen 7 is an experimental gen to keep the 3DS on life support until spring 2017 and beyond. Just like Gen 5, it's trying a lot of wacky new stuff, many of which probably won't stick in the long run, but may be used as a learning experience so they can work out what the fans like and what they don't.

Gyms will be back, mark my words. Hopefully with more creative themes. I wouldn't mind having dual type gyms, gyms based on Egg Groups or even gyms based on color-coding.
>>
>>28461033
Muh weather, strategy, theme gyms were always a shitty idea and in 2016 people don't understand it.

This is why

>"type" gym
>use appropriate pokemon to shot the opponents

>weather, strategy, theme gym
>use appropriate mon to shot them
You can't show these things ingame. They work only in multiplayer.
>>
>>28461033
>Weather gym
>Gym leader has 6 castforms each knowing a different weather move (ground type meteor shower castform for sandstorm)
>Castform buffed so as to be not shit
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.