[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We post the WORST routes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: Kalos_Route_13_XY.png (1MB, 1039x686px) Image search: [Google]
Kalos_Route_13_XY.png
1MB, 1039x686px
Kalos Route 13 was fucking trash. Stupid wind slowing you down, that stupid unfinished power plant, and fucking Arena Trap everywhere.
>>
At least we can speculate it's where AZ fired his deathray.
>>
>>28450128
That... Makes a lot of sense actually.
>>
>>28450019
I don't understand the hate for it, I think it's really unique. The only thing I hate is all the unfinished shit that teases you.
>>
>>28450019
No, thats actually one of the most original and interesting routes in the entire franchise.

Its something different and unique but no Pokemon fanbase as usual is "WAHHH DONT CHANGE ANYTHNG, GIMME JUST A NORMAL PATCH OF GRASS OR A CAVE"

Just waiting for all the cries about no gyms after SM is released, for now everyone's too excited so they're fine with the change in theory
>>
>>28450158

I think it needed some more grind rails too honestly. Generally being a route built around skating would have been in its favor.
>>
Fuck the wind. How the fuck am I supposed to skate across the rails?
>>
>>28450213

We saw plenty of bitching during the rumors, and even a little at the reveal.

I mean we're talking about a fanbase who wants to return to static unmoving sprites because the 3D models are "boring and limited"
>>
>>28450019
Was there ever a purpose for the buildings you can't go in?
>>
>>28451323
XY was rushed by the looks of it, so likely you'd enter other parts of the power plant through those.
>>
>>28450213
>Get to this part
>Wind blows strongly next to a grind rail so I'm a bit stuck
>Get run into by 3 pokemon in a row when i can barely move
Shit area with shitty wind gimmick and shitty roaming pokemon dustclouds
>>
>>28450128
And this place is where the power plants are at...are they using infinite energy to power all of Kalos?
>>
Forgot how much I hated this route. God fucking damnit. Whose bright idea was it to have two annoying gimmicks on one route?
>>
Does the Sky Pillar count? Fuck that place
>>
>>28451491
>>28451510
ITT: casuals
>>
Water current routes west of Pacifidlog
>>
>>28450255
No, it's because the 3D models are ugly. Just look at Hitmontop, Typhlosion, Salamence, Archeops, etc... a ton of pokemon were totally butchered.

Could you imagine if they got some animators to draw beautiful moving 2D sprites instead? If only...
>>
>>28450213

Original and interesting how? It's just a worse version of every other desert in the franchise, which are already awful for the same reason caves are; constant encounters. It doesn't even have any interesting new mons or landmarks to differentiate it from the other deserts in the series.

Honestly, even if it was original and interesting as you said, that still wouldn't change the fact that it's an absolute fucking slog to get through and filled with disappointing dead ends.
>>
>>28450019
I feel like that's the worst route in the entire serie.
>>
This route wasn't even fun it was fucking annoying with the wind. At least put a variety of Pokemon that come up so its not Trapinch every time if they are going to fuck everything up with the wind.
>>
>>28450019
It also makes no sense.
People complained about a desert above NYC, but this is a goddamn desertic steppe right outside Paris. It takes the place of IRL Normandy, which is probably the greenest region of France.
Kalos as a whole made no sense. They should've kept the seasons.
>>
>>28450019
It's pretty much the worst route. If it's windy you're fucked.
>>
>>28451554

Fuckwit 3D models were the saving grace of TONS of mon. Electross, Spinda, Sableye, mr. mime, etc....for every pokemon you find with a bad model I can name one with a model to surpass its sprite.

What's more, this was their first foray into using 3D models. We'll be seeing nothing but improvements in the future and it has way more room to get creative than their limited sprites did.

They also already tried "beautiful moving sprites" in Gen 5, and it pumped out the most hideous abominations of any generation. If that was all they had to offer us with animated sprites I'll even take the new Hippodown over that shit.
>>
>>28450019
>THREE completely fucking inaccessible power plants.
absolutely unacceptable
>>
File: Fog_IV_Field.png (13KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Fog_IV_Field.png
13KB, 256x192px
>>
>>28451998
every region has deserts and ice areas and varied terrains, moot argument
>>
>>28450128
My personal headcanon was that the area went through deforestation as a result of building Lumiose.
>>
>>28452092
Non-issue when you can see just fine.
>>
Route 13 is either pretty cool or total shit depending on the time of day you enter. If you enter when the wind isn't blowing, it's cool. If you enter when it is blowing, it's the worst shit ever.

I personally think the routes where you ride Rhydon and Mamoswine are the worst routes in the series.

>>28451554
Hitmontop and Archeops look better with the models. Typhlosion is the victim of bad camera angles.
>>
>>28451998
It's likely based off the Italian calanchi regions.
>>
>>28452101
Kanno didn't, Johto didn't, Hoenn made a bit of sense, Sinnoh had the decency of putting the it in a post-game island with a micro-climate.

GF's autism with putting every single ecosystem ever in a region started with Unova. It'seems retarded but I guess it's because the dexes are now too big.
>>
>>28451610
It's worse than caves, because in caves you can just repel through. Repels don't stop the dust clouds, which by the way, all have arena trap as well
>>
>>28452167
deforestation doesn't explain the
>what kind of rail system you want senpai
>>
>>28452257
True, there'should a tiny bit of Badlands near the coast but this is still retarded. The whole region outside Lumiose was out of the place.
>>
>>28450019
Glittering Cave was a neat idea and looked fantastic, but
>cave where there's only a set number of encounters each pass through
>Kangaskhan has a 5% encounter rate and can only be found there

Also the rhyhorn and mamoswine routes were sooooooo sloooowwwwww. I don't even complain about the Sinnoh marsh and snow routes but good god navigating with those pokemon are a pain in the ass.
>muh realism
Yeah, yeah whatever but they weren't fun. At least those routes were short.
>>
>>28452383
Yeah, a lot of the areas seem mixed up or use influences from countries outside of France. There were a few alright sections though based on real places. I could probably go through and list them.
>>
>>28452519
They should'very done Southern France too if they wanted more landscape diversity. The Causses could've made good replacement for that route.
>>
>>28452323
Except for the ones with Gabite
>>
>>28450158
Its the Repel immune encounters that have a chance of having Arena Trap with the random sandstorms that forces you to randomly slow to a crawl.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.