[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emerald

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Since ORAS were a hot pile of garbage, I went back to Emerald and it's still a superior game, despite the gen 3 mechanics.

>tfw Pokemon will never be good again
>>
File: Capture.jpg (101KB, 801x462px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
101KB, 801x462px
>>28449740
I just beat Emerald, actually. Used this team.

The only thing that annoys me is that everyone in this fucking game has an addiction to Double Team. I really, REALLY wish the AI wasn't so insistent on spamming it.
>>
> Le ORAS is worst than Gen III meme
>>
>>28449766
Well, the main attraction of R/S were the double battles, and they were really underused in the games.
Emerald really empathized on them. But it's fine. It allows quicker exp gains and defeating trainers faster.

Currently on Lilycove, team is Blaziken, Lairon, Gardevoir, Electrode (and the HM slaves)
>>
>>28449803
You should probably re-read my post. I said Double Team, not double battles. Emerald's emphasis on Double Battles was fucking awesome, made for easy experience gathering with Ludicolo and Swampert.
>>
>>28449740
>Since ORAS were a hot pile of garbage
You mean objectively the best game in the franchise? Yeah.

Ride that bandwagon any harder and you're gonna get jeep ass.
>>
>>28449837
I'm not going to say ORAS were terrible or anything because they're better than RS, but they're definitely not the best in the franchise.
>>
>>28449831
Oh, right.
The Helping Hand spam from the Plusle/Minun doubles never fails to make me chuckle.

>>28449837
Gen 6 is fucking mediocre, bud. No wonder GF just canned the whole shit and is moving on with Gen 7: (now with more gimmicks)
>>
>>28449803
>the main attraction of R/S were the double battles
hahahahahahahaha

the main attraction was the new region and the new mons
>>
>>28449837
I mean, if you're looking at game review aggregations or sales, they really aren't anon.
Not bad games by any means.
Not the best, not the worst.
>>
I'm so fucking tired of people thinking ORAS was the worst of the shits because of the absence of Battle Frontier.

We can agree that it could have been a better remake, but it is objectively a really good game with a lot of content.
>>
>>28449940
I do agree with this, but I also have criticisms on how parts of it were handled.

I still like Emerald more though.
>>
>>28449940
Not really. It lacks a lot of basic features besides the battle frontier.
They're not good remakes.

FR/LG were good remakes.
HG/SS were good remakes.

ORAS are just lazy as fuck. They don't even feel like complete games.
Not to mention it suffers from the gen 6 watering down and overall dumbing of the franchise.
>>
>>28449766
>has a fucking Magneton
>I think Banette can probably learn Feint Attack
>Wattson gives you Shock Wave

>>>complains about Double Team
I had Shock Wave on my Sableye and futuresight Gardevoir, never had an issue with it.
>>
>>28450043
Shock Wave and Faint Attack just don't output enough damage, especially when at the e4 everything after Sydney was higher leveled than my mons. I got by but it's still aggravating.
>>
>>28449977
I still think ORAS was fun and kinda better than XY in that there was a substantial postgame. I'm yet to dislike a game in the franchise, besides Gen I in extreme retrospect, so maybe I'm just easy to please.
>>
>>28450088
I went back to replay all of the third version games to check the difficulty and my nostalgia glasses and I've got to say that so far, none of the games make me want to stop playing. Crystal's level curve is stupid though.
>>
>>28450111
Emerald is difficult until Flannery. Then it gets easy, then it gets a bit difficult again near the end of the game.
>>
>>28450152
I found it really easy and then Flannary's Attract abuse tripped me up. Norman I felt was easier than his RS counterpart, though his gym trainers were more difficult. Then it was easy mode until Wallace, yeah.
>>
>>28450166
Norman's gym is a breeze if you're using Blaziken.
Double Kick palooza.
But yeah, Flannery's Torkoal can be a massive fag if you're using a male Combusken/Blaziken.
>>
>>28450190
I ended up picking Mudkip because it's my favorite 3rd gen starter. Went pretty okay desu. Banette and Dodrio put in work as well
>>
>>28450111
I've never played Crystal. Worth going back to, considering I play HGSS frequently?
>>
>>28450390
Fuck yes.
>>
>>28450390
Honestly? No. Fuck no. GSC are all absolutely horrible. A lot of Pokemon have trash learnsets, TMs tend to be useless beyond the elemental punches, and the level distribution is terrible. Plus a lot of Pokemon are just downright awful in Gen 2.

Seriously, going back to Crystal did a fantastic job of ripping those nostalgia goggles off my face.
>>
>>28450390
It's fine. Not much of a reason to over HGSS unless you really hate some of the changes made or want Crystal's superior encounter tables.

I regularly go back to Crystal more than HGSS and enjoy it much more than the times I go back to HGSS just because I get intensely autistic over Johto.
>>
File: d1910.jpg (24KB, 300x392px) Image search: [Google]
d1910.jpg
24KB, 300x392px
>>28449740
>Since ORAS were a hot pile of garbage,
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.