[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember how it was before we got global releases? I remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (154KB, 1310x846px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
154KB, 1310x846px
Remember how it was before we got global releases?
I remember watching japanese playtrhoughs by people who imported the games with huge blue balls.
Or waiting for minor translation patches to come out and play in laggy emulators.

Now I can get the game on release day in my shitty 3rd world country. What a time to be alive.
>>
Why did you take a picture of your screen watching a youtube video?
>>
>>28446173
He didn't though. The video is probably filmed.
>>
File: 1365359524834 (2).jpg (137KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
1365359524834 (2).jpg
137KB, 323x454px
>>28446088
>spoiling the game for yourself
>>
>>28446088
I remember hacking Black 3 days before the Japanese release, and playing it not know what the fuck I was doing.
Fuck, I need to finish my rerun.
>>
>>28446088
>not just importing it yourself
casual
>>
>>28446088

I don't remember if it was HGSS or BW but I remember when 2ch found out /vp/ was lurking and waiting for a rom so they posted this highly encrypted file that took hours for an anon to decrypt and in the end it was a Japanese Platinum rom.

That was great.
>>
>>28446243
>Black 3
>>
>>28446088
I remember playing them on those emulators with the translation patches only coming out about half way through.
>>
>>28446284
nice reading comprehension
>>
File: firefox_2016-08-21_21-18-00.png (65KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-08-21_21-18-00.png
65KB, 198x198px
>>28446243
>Black 3
>>
>>28446300

I remember people using the no level up clean Rom to play Black and White by catching and upgrading their Pokemon at each route.

Good times.
>>
I payed like $64 for Black in Japanese, without even knowing what I was reading I beat it in 3 days.

BEST GAME EVER s&m needs to top it.
>>
I imported Platinum, HG, and B1 for myself. I had fun even if I could read nothing. The first two at least I was familiar with and BW1 had a full translated script floating around before US release.

BW2 the release was soon enough I just got the US version.
>>
I played HG in Japanese when it came out, it kept crashing randomly on me though because it had some anti-piracy or something.
>>
>>28446088
I remember how smooth GBA animation was way back when the roms for Ruby and Sapphire leaked online.

I remember how shitty DS emulation was and for years at that. My computer could barely run a patched version of the Japanese version of White.

Now I'm fucking playing White 2 on my phone at work. What a time to be alive indeed.
>>
>>28446384
>>28446284
>missing "days" right after 3
I know all they needed to do was add a comma, but still, quit being faggots.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (10KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
10KB, 443x332px
>>28446243
>black 3
Can this be a meme?
>>
>>28446507
I'd welcome it, honestly.
>>
>>28446392
I actually fell for that at first, unlike the translation patch I ended up just waiting like 20 minutes for the anti-piracy patch to release.
>>
>>28446536

A lot of people were vehemently arguing it because they refused to admit that Serebii used a rom.

It was honestly a great clusterfuck.
>>
>>28446507
Didn't /vp/ bully someone DeviantArt autist to the point of quitting for making concept art for Black 3 and White 3 involving the main protagonists being a black boy and a fatass chick, and the professor being both those traits?
>>
>>28446088
I remember streaming a black nuzlocke on /vp/ of the japanese rom the week it came out

good times
>>
>>28446088
>Remember how it was before we got global releases?

I actually don't. For whatever reason I didn't care about Pokemon enough to actually wait to hear stuff about the next games until XY was announced.
>>
>>28446574
Wait, what happened with serebii?
>>
>>28446636

Black and White's roms had an anti-piracy measure that prevented you from gaining experience.

Serebii had posted that his game arrived the second the rom was online. And then he posted that you don't level up until after the tutorial.

Which wasn't true. He was playing a rom and when he got called out on it he deleted the post quickly but the shame will always be there.
>>
>>28446088
>Live in the PAL regions
>Most of the time had to wait a little while after the NA release
>Still get the American spelling anyway
>>
>>28446636
Serebii reported that no EXP from the rival was a feature, when it was actually an anti-emulation thing.
>>
>>28446088
I somehow convinced my parents to preorder-import the japanese versions of platinum and HGSS.
Of course I had already beat them on emulator beforehand because of emulators+leaks
>>
Also, by the time the translated versions came out there were already a bunch of faqs and walktorughs that analyzed each pokemon competitively and stuff.

It's more fun to figure out everything with the community as we go though.
>>
>>28446594
do you have it? i want to laugh.
>>
>>28446173
because it illustrates his point perfectly, did you even read the OP?
>>
>>28446088
>Remember how it was before we got global releases?
Yeah, it sucked donkey dick. Thankfully, that time is over.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.